Her (Sans X reader)

By AddisynDaKilla

It's kind of a Sans x reader. I named the character. Oops. Welp, here we go! This has potential I promise... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Surprise
The True Ending

The End

2K 33 137
By AddisynDaKilla

This chapter is told in two POVs. The first and main one is obviously Sky, but the second is [X]. If a paragraph begins with a * then it's [X]'s POV.

"Why are you doing this?" Sans asked.

"Because I'm trying to help you all, and you don't seem to get it!" she yelled, and I glanced around to see if anyone was looking at us. Undyne and Alphys were the only two close enough to hear our conversation, and they started to walk over to us.

"How in the hell will you help us? The only thing you've done is kill everyone," Sans said, talking loudly but not quite yelling.

"Is everything okay?" Undyne asked, coming over.

"No, we seem to have a bit of a problem," Sans said, glaring at me. I knew he wasn't actually angry at me, but it felt like he was. I hate being possessed.

"W-what is it?" Alphys asked, walking over to me. "A-are you okay? You look different."

I got the same feeling as when Chara possessed me, a cold wave coming over my body and into my lungs. "Sky?" Sans asked, walking over to me and touching my shoulder. Where he touched, a burning sensation covered that area. I gasped and fell to my knees, grabbing a fist full of grass. "Skylar!" Sans fell next to me, but not touching me. "What's going on?"

Undyne and Alphys got next to me as well, and I could feel the eyes of both monsters and humans on me. I gulped and let out a breathy, "help me," before falling forward and letting darkness take over.

*It's lonely. I'm lonely. I miss my best friend. Why did they have to turn into some murderous monster? I miss when we used to mess around, playing funny pranks, ones that didn't end up with them almost dead. I wish I realized something was wrong when they suggested... No, I'm not going to think about that.

*It feels different down here when no one's around. Colder, even. Oh, why didn't I just go with the rest of them? Why must I torture myself to stay down here for the rest of my life? They have to understand, even a little bit. I know the comedian must, he's been through this before. He must at least know what is happening.

*No, I don't think he does. No one does. No one understands what I've been through, what I'm going through. None of them understand what will happen. What she will do.

*Oh woe is me. Boo hoo. My life is so hard.

*No, you know what? I'm going to help. I'm going to stop her. I'm sick and tired of living by her rules and following in their footsteps. I won't do it anymore.

*I'm going to help.

*I'm going to get out.

*And I'm going to get my soul back.

*But the first question is, how the hell will I get out of here?

When I came back to my senses, I was in a bed. I had a painful throbbing in my head and it hurt to breathe, but I was alive. I couldn't hear Chara's voice in my head, but that didn't mean she wasn't still there. She was probably just waiting for when the best time to do, whatever she did earlier, again.

I sat up, fast at first but it made my head hurt worse, so I slowly sat up the rest of the way. I glanced around the room and saw no one was in here, but there was a glass of water by the bed. I picked it up and sipped slowly, coating my dry throat. It felt like when you go outside at night and it's cold and you breathe in cold air for a long time.

I looked around the room again, taking in more of the area, and saw it looked oddly familiar. The layout looked somewhat like something I've seen before, but I couldn't remember where.

I turned in the bed and moved the covers off my legs, standing up. I got a headrush and fell, trying to catch myself on the bedside table but missing. The headache worsened, so I waited for it to subside for a few moments before standing up and steadying myself on the table. What happened? Why am I so lightheaded? I just remember my whole body going cold and then, nothing. I woke up. Where am I? And why is it so familiar?

I could hear hushed chatter coming from somewhere, but where was it? My sense of direction and distance was completely off, the door felt like it was miles away when in actuality it was maybe a yard or two away. I knew how close it was, so why was it that the more I stared at it, the farther away it looked? I went to take a step forward after my vision cleared a bit, but when I lifted my hand from the table, I guess I didn't lift it high enough because I knocked the glass of water onto the floor.

I heard the chatter below me cease before another voice spoke up. "I'm going to go check on Skylar," it said. There were footsteps, but they sounded really far away. But then again they didn't. God, I'm so confused. My head hurts.

"Skylar? Why are you up?" he asked. But who is he? I can't remember his name. I tried to talk, but my mouth felt like it was filled with cotton. God, can't I do anything right?

"Hey," he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "c'mon, you need to lay back down. We'll get Alphys to check on you later. Just go back to sleep." He put me back on the bed and covered me up, picking up the broken glass off the floor and going somewhere. He came back some time later, it might have been a minute, it might have been an hour, I'm not sure. But he came back with a washcloth and wiped up the remaining water on the floor. He stood over me again and kissed my on my forehead before walking out the room. I started at the ceiling until I was too tired to keep my eyes open anymore.

*Da— Asgore's castle was in Hotlands, right? It's been so long since I've been there. Why did he have a castle so far from home?

*Okay, so I'm here, but I can't exactly get inside. Who knew Fluffybuns took so much precautionary actions to ensure that his precious flowers wouldn't be injured. Whatever, I'll just do whatever I do to get down there.

*Ahh, King Asgore. The monster with the heart. The man with the plan, but did the people know what that plan was? Did the people know that he was killing humans and collecting their souls? Would their knowledge of this have changed their minds on escaping?

*No, I don't think so. I think that, like all other life forms, monsters are selfish. They only think of themselves. They feign ignorance to the world around them, but when something happens to affect them directly, suddenly everyone must know about how they feel.

*No one cares. Just shut up.

*There's this lab that the royal scientist working in. It's where she made that annoying toaster on a wheel that controls every TV show. But, do I go past the lab, or do I go into the lab to get to the castle?

*God, brain, think!

*Um, I think we go past it. Yeah, let's ty that first.

I woke up again and saw Sans sitting next to my bed. My head didn't hurt anymore, and I could tell exactly where I was. Kind of.

"Hey, I see you've come to your senses," Sans said, stroking my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, um, where are we?" I asked, sitting up.

"This is your old house, the lady that lives here is Patty, she saw you fall and told us we could camp out in her house."

A flashback of memories from when I lived here went by in my head, all from the good to the bad, but I ignored them. "All of us? I don't think we'd all fit, unless the house somehow got bigger," I mumbled to myself.

Sans chuckled, "no, just me, you, and Pap. Undyne and Alphys were let in by some guy who was in the army, but really likes anime, so they're good. I'm not sure about the others, but I would assume they're all okay too."

Unless I completely fucked up and we're all in danger. I nodded and pushed the blankets off my legs, standing up. "So, yo said that I had come to my senses. What did you mean by that?"

"You woke up a while ago, and you were all kinds of messed up. Like, your pupils were dilated and you were bumping into things and stumbling around the room. You were completely disorientated."

"Oh," I said, going over to the door, Sans following me. I made a complete fool of myself. Great.

"HELLO HUMAN! ARE YOU OKAY?" Papyrus asked once we both came downstairs.

"Hey Papyrus, yeah, I'm okay."

"OKAY, DO YOU NEED ME TO DO ANYTHING?"

I started to say no but then my stomach growled loudly. I blushed, "um, could you make me something to eat?"

"OF COURSE! ONE OF MY FAMOUS SPAGHETTI'S COMING RIGHT UP!"

When Papyrus left to go to the kitchen, I sat down on the couch and sighed. There was a headache building up behind my eyes. Great.

"You okay?" Sans asked, sitting next to me.

"Yeah, I'm good, just have a slight headache. I'm sure it'll go away soon." I glanced over at Sans and saw his concerned face. "Oh, come on, I'll be fine. Stop worrying."

"I just, that's what happened when Chara showed up. What if she hasn't left?"

Way ahead of you. I looked over to him and gave him a small smile, "Sans, I love you, and I'm glad you care, but I think I'd know if she was bouncing around in my head." Maybe.

Sans sighed, "alright, you're right. I'll lay off for a bit."

"Thank you," I said as Papyrus came out of the kitchen, holding a plate of spaghetti with steam rising off of it.

"HERE YOU GO, HUMAN!" Papyrus said, handing me the plate and a fork. I thanked him and dug into the food, not realizing the extent of my hunger until I started eating. I'm pretty sure I finished the plate in like, five seconds flat.

"Are you even tasting it?" Sans asked me, chuckling slightly. I looked up to him but couldn't answer because I had a full mouth. I just squinted my eyes at him and then looked back at my plate.

Once I had finished it, I placed it on the coffee table in front of us and sighed, "that was great, Paps, thank you."

Papyrus clapped his hands and cheered, "THANK YOU HUMAN! I'M GLAD SOMEONE APPRECIATES MY COOKING!" he glared at Sans a little, who shrugged sheepishly.

The front door opened and Undyne, Alphys, Patty, and a younger boy, her son I'm assuming, walked in. Undyne and the son were talking animatedly about battle strategies, and Alphys was teaching Patty how to use her phone.

"Oh!" Patty said, looking at me, "I see that you're awake. Are you feeling better?"

I nodded my head, "yes ma'am." No. "I don't feel any," I shrugged, "side effects or anything." I saw the side glare Sans gave me but ignored it.

"That's good. I don't think you've met my son, Andrew. He's returned from the army recently."

"Hello," I said, standing out and holding my hand out to him. He shook it,

"Hey, it's nice to meet you. Undyne has been telling me about how brave you are for freeing the monsters from the Underground. I think it was a really brave thing to do, too."

Brave, yeah right. I dropped our hands and looked to the floor, "thank you," I mumbled. I looked up after a moment and saw Andrew smiling and blushing slightly. I glanced to Sans and saw him glaring at Andrew. I elbowed him and he looked at me and made the face like, 'what?' I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, I'm going on a walk, try to clear my head and figure out what the hell happened earlier." I widened my eyes at Patty, unsure how she felt about cursing, but she waved it off.

"I'll go with you," Sans said, following me outside.

"Can I come too?" Andrew asked, but Sans immediately shot him down.

"No, she'll be fine with me. I need to talk to her privately." I raised an eyebrow at Sans but he just shrugged me off.

*Well, I finally made it into the castle.

*I forgot how long that was.

*No one was there, obviously, but when I entered the throne room, I wave of anger welled up inside me when I saw Mo一 Toriel's throne covered with a sheet coated in dust over it. It amazed me that I could feel anything at all, especially for someone like her.

*I'm so tired of being this soulless thing. I'm tired of not being able to feel.

*It's quite a nuisance, to be honest.

*I'm pretty sure they left the barrier open for any late timers or if someone forgot something, so I'm probably going to be able to just walk out.

*I've been to the barrier before when I had to bring... The barrier is nothing special. It's just a wall of magic, trapping us down here like animals. I don't know why people think it's so amazing. You'd think they'd think it was the worst thing ever, but they basically worship the thing. But that's just me.

"So," I said, "did you get jealous of Andrew?"

"What? No," Sans said, but I could tell he was lying.

"Mhm, sure you weren't. So, what are we going to do, have you thought about it anymore?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Remember when we talked about leaving when we got Papyrus out of the Underground? Have you thought about it?"

Sans sighed and kicked a pebble, "I mean, I don't know. I get what you said about memories and whatever, I just don't know if the good memories outweigh the bad ones for me. I remember all the resets, I remember all the genocide runs, and I remember all the pain and suffering Chara has brought us, and I just can't. I put up this front to make it seem like I'm okay so no one worries, but I'm really not." He was quiet for a few minutes, stuck in his thoughts, so I didn't interrupt him. "I think we'll move, eventually. We can stay for a while, but we'll move. It might be two years, it might be twenty, but eventually I'm going to have to get away from the memories."

I nodded, "I get that. That's fine. Thank you for, um, telling me about all of that. I knew you remembered, but I guess I didn't know the extent of it."

"Yeah, whatever," he grumbled, looking down, then looked up and me and smiled weakly, "let's stop talking about this. Do you wanna go back? I didn't realize how far out we went."

I nodded and we turned around, but I had this feeling deep inside me that felt like something I couldn't control, something bad. It felt like anger, and a voice in my head said, "coward," but I couldn't tell if it was my own or someone else's.

*It's a lot brighter outside than I thought it would be.

*I'm finally out. Halle-freaking-lujah.

*Now where is everybody? I know they couldn't have gotten far. It's only been a day. Right? I'm not sure. I just know I'm tired.

*Tired of walking. Tired of talking. Tired of living in this body. Tired of breathing

*I'm just tired, and I don't really want to do this, but I have some things to do before I leave, so.

*I sighed before making my way down Mt. Ebott. Time to go look for everyone. But there's only one person I really need to see.

*Skylar, just wait.

*I'm coming for you.

"So, what do we do after this?" Sans asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Um," I thought for a moment before shrugging, "I honestly have no clue. I guess we could just," I shrugged again. "I have no clue what to do. I guess we could see where life takes us?"

Sans nodded, "alright."

We walked a little more before my stomach growled and I blushed.

"Someone sounds like they're hungry," Sans said, grinning at me. "I guess Paps' spaghetti didn't hold you off for too long."

We turned around and started our way back to Patty's house. When we were about halfway, I got a terrible headache and had to stop. I leaned against a nearby tree and pressed the heel of my hands against my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Sans asked me once he noticed I wasn't walking beside him. I breathed in deeply and let it out slowly. "Hey," Sans put a hand on my back, "what happened?"

I moved my hands from my eyes and looked up. When I looked at Sans, the headache got worse, so I had to look down. "I got another headache, but I'll be fine. It'll go away in a bit. Let me just stay here, if you want to go ahead you can. I'll be there in a minute."

"I don't want to leave you. What if something happens like when you woke up the first time?"

I rolled my eyes, anger and annoyance filling me. I looked up and glared at him, "I'll be fine, Sans. Just go, you're making it worse."

Sans recoiled back a bit, a flash of hurt in his eyes, but it quickly went away. He nodded, "alright, fine. I guess I'll see you at Patty's house. Call me if you need anything."

I watched him walk away, and when he was no longer in my sight, my headache almost went away. Almost. I pushed myself off the tree and started to walk toward the direction of the house when a voice in my head started talking.

"Why would you go back? You won't be happy. Listen to me, do what I say. I'll make you the happiest you've ever been."

Hearing the voice made me stop, a wave of serenity washed out, and it made me want to listen. But, in the back of my mind, I knew there was something sinister about the voice.

"Listen to me. I know what you're going through. All your self-doubt, self-hatred, everything. I can put an end to it."

I sighed and continued walking, the headache coming back a little stronger. I eventually made it back to Patty's house, wincing in pain every time the voice in my head yelled at me to stop walking and to listen to it and to turn around, it made the headache worse.

"HELLO HUMAN!" Papyrus said loudly, poking his head out from the kitchen. I winced slightly, something he didn't notice. "HOW WAS YOUR WALK?"

"Fine," I said quietly, walking to the stairs and trying to get away from his loud voice, but he followed me.

"HAVE YOU SEEN SANS? HE HASN'T COME BACK YET AND I MADE HIM SOME SPAGHETTI, AND YOU AS WELL IN CAUSE YOU WERE HUNGRY FROM YOUR WALK, BUT HE DIDN'T RETURN WITH YOU I SEE AND I JUST DON'T WANT IT TO GO CO一"

"Papyrus!" I yelled, making him go quiet. "Will you please shut up for once? God, all you do is talk and talk and talk about anything and everything and it's so fucking annoying!" I turned away from him and stomped up the stairs, not turning around to see his face.

Why did I do that? What is wrong with me? I would never snap at Papyrus, why did I just do that?

I opened the door and walked over to the bed, immediately flopping onto it and sighing deeply.

I laid on the bed for a while before there was a knock on the door. "What?" I said, my voice curt.

"U-uh, hey. Are you okay?" Alphys, walking into the room, asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"O-oh, if you're sure," she said.

"Well," I said, sitting up. "I have a headache. Do you have anything for that?"

"W-well, I could get you something, if you'd like?"

"Obviously, that's why I asked." I rolled my eyes and laid back on the bed. I heard a pause before Alphys shuffled away. Moments later, I could hear her footsteps. She walked up beside me and placed a glass of water and two painkillers on the bedside table. "Thanks," I said, sitting up and taking them. "Where's Undyne?"

"Oh, um, I'm not sure, a-actually. She went somewhere a while ago but didn't tell me, and hasn't returned yet."

"Oh, okay. If you're, like, lonely, or whatever, and want to stay in here, I don't care. I'm just going to go to sleep so," I said, shrugging and laying back down.

"Okay, d-do you mind if I watch Mew Mew Kissy Cutie?"

"Yes," I groaned, rolling over to look at her. "For the love of God please do not play that, it's so annoying."

"O-oh," Alphys said sadly. "Um, I think I have to do something, actually."

"Alright, whatever," I said, rolling back over and maneuvering myself to where I was under the blankets.

"You've made her upset, now go for it."

I rolled my eyes again before falling asleep.

*What is that comedian doing? Isn't he supposed to be with Skylar? He normally hovers and never leaves her alone. But she did piss him off, so I guess I understand.

*But why is he here? He shouldn't be here, he needs to be with Skylar. Why isn't he with Skylar?

*But maybe this might help? Maybe I can get to her without him interfering, but I need him there. It's better to hit two birds with one stone than waste ammo, right?

*He's moving. I have a strong desire to follow him, to see what he's up to. I'm going. I guess I'll report back when I find out what's happening.

*He's talking to Grillby. They're talking about Skylar. Why is he talking to Grillby about Skylar? Does Grillby even know her? I've never seen the two together. Shouldn't he talk about Skylar to someone who knows Skylar?

*I'm going to relay what they're saying.

*Sans: "I'm worried about Sky. Something's obviously wrong, and she won't tell me."

*Grillby: "Maybe something isn't wrong?"

*Sans: "But I know something is!"

*Grillby: "What makes you think that?"

*Sans: "She keeps getting these headaches, like the one she got when Chara entered her body. And she's been... acting strange. She would never snap at me like she did today. And Paps called me a little while ago and said she snapped at him too!"

*Grillby: "Maybe nothing is wrong. Maybe you should bring this up with her, tell her you're concerned, maybe she's just snapping because she all of this has happened too fast and she doesn't know how to deal with it."

*Sans sighed and then said: "I guess you're right. Yeah, let me go do that now. Thanks Grillbz."

*Sans and Grillby parted ways and I peaked out from behind the tree I was hiding behind. I guess I just go where Skylar is now. If I move quick enough, I can follow Sans and not have to find where they're staying. But I have an idea where she is.

I woke up to Sans shaking me. When I sat up and opened my eyes fully, I immediately had to squint them because the headache had somehow gotten worse.

"Why the fuck did you yell at my brother?" Sans asked, his voice harsh. When he saw me squinting, he let up a little. "What did he do to you?"

"He wouldn't shut up," I said through clenched teeth. "So, I just had to tell him to hush."

I looked over to Sans, whose body was tense and eye glowing blue. "And Alphys said he were rude to her as well. What in the hell has gotten into you?"

Chara. Chara has gotten into me. "Nothing, I'm just tired of all of this bullshit from you guys.

"Kill him," the voice in my head cried, "kill him, for your sake and mine."

Sans shook his head at me, "you're unbelievable. I called Undyne and she's on her way here now. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now."

I hope she kills me. I don't deserve to live. "I'm not scared of the fucking tuna fish. Leave me alone, I have a killer headache."

Sans rolled his eyes, "are you blaming all of this on a headache? You're ridiculous. You always have an excuse for everything you do. Why don't you just man up and take the responsibility for your actions?"

I couldn't hear Sans' lecture of the constant chatter of the voice in my head. "Oh my God, shut up," I groaned, causing Sans to stop mid-sentence.

He glared at me and grabbed me by my shirt, lifting me up a bit. "What? You have some nerve, you fucking一"

"Kill him, kill him, KILL HIM!" the voice yelled, causing my to squeeze my eyes shut and push Sans off of me.

I stepped off of the bed and over him, running out the room, down the stairs, and into the living room. Undyne was just walking into the house when I came down, and she glared at me. "You一" she started, but I ran past her and out of the house.

I ran and ran, ignoring everything and everyone, feeling as I did the day I decided to jump into Mt. Ebott. Scared, alone, depressed. I wanted nothing more than to end all of my pain and suffering then, and that's all I want now.

I didn't stop running until I made it to the base of Mt. Ebott, where I collapsed onto the ground and started sobbing. I heard footsteps behind me but didn't dare look up to see who it was.

"How do you feel?" the voice in my head asked me.

"I feel terrible," I said out loud, ignoring how insane the person behind me may think I was. I could feel their confused stare on me.

"And why is that?"

"All I've done since I fell down that fucking mountain is cause problems. I'm just trouble wherever I go, and that's all I cause."

"That's not true," the person behind me, Sans, said. I felt his presence get closer to me and heard some shuffling, and I figured he was kneeling beside me.

"And do you want to know how to end that?"

"How?"

"Do what I tell you to do. Are you willing to do that? Are you willing to give up on everything and do as I say?"

"If it means getting out of this hell, then yes. I'll do anything."

"Stand up and turn around. There is someone who wants to talk to you."

I stood and turned around, not paying any mind to Sans, who had stood up as well.

"Walk forward."

I followed directions, like a mindless slave, and walked to a tree, where something popped out. Flowey.

"Hello, Skylar," he said, smiling at me. "I see you've finally given in to Chara's way."

"What?" Sans asked, shocked. "She's still in there?"

"Of course," Flowey answered. I was too shocked to do anything besides stare. "She's been in her this whole time, talking to Skylar, telling her what to do. Even telling her how to feel."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Sans barked at me, but I couldn't answer. I just shrugged.

"Skylar," Flowey said to me, and I looked at him. "Tell me what you want to do."

"I want to be free of this pain," I said, my voice cracking.

"And do you know how to do that?" I shook my head. "Trust us. Trust me and Chara, we'll get you how you want to be."

I looked over to Sans with tears in my eyes, "help me. I don't know what to do."

Sans just looked sadly at me, "I can't do anything, this is all you."

"But how can I trust them? They've done nothing to earn it, but I feel like I have to."

"So do it. Trust them. Have them help you."

"But what if I agree and something bad happens? Chara has done nothing but torture and torment me, and I can't trust Flowey because they're friends. Help me."

"I can't, Skylar. If you feel that it is the best to believe Chara and to help her, go ahead. I can't stop you. I would rather you kill the monsters than go through this pain."

"How could you say that? You wouldn't be the one living with the guilt of killing an entire race off. I love you, all of you guys, I can't just kill you."

"I would rather die than to see you kill yourself over and over trying to make us happy when I know you're not. I know you've been questioning everything since you fell down here the first time. You always mentioned how good you were at reading people, and I guess I'm good at it too because I can see how bad you're still hurting, and it hurts me. If you choose to go with Chara, to end this suffering, it's okay. I forgive you."

I stared at the ground, tears pooling out of my eyes. I weighed out the odds for a long time, before sighing and lifting my head.

"So?" Chara asked me.

"I trust you. End my suffering."

"Will do."

Sans grabbed my and pulled me into a long hug, kissing my forehead. I heard something familiar, something I hadn't heard in a long time, and then something like a button being pushed. Sans whispered into my ear, "I love you."

"I love you too," I said back before the world went dark.

*The year is 201X. I watched the opening of Mt. Ebott closely, waiting to see if anyone would fall. I saw a silhouette of a girl stand at the opening before jumping down. She landed harshly, and at a weird angle. I waited for a few moments before going over and checking her pulse.

*None.

*I guess she got what she really wanted after all. This really was the end of Skylar May. 

WTF I HAVENT UPDATED SINCE OCTOBER 7 HELLO DID YOU MISS ME I'M FUCKIN BACK BABY I LOVE YOU I'M SO SORRY FORGIVE ME.

Also, this is 4955 words love me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.2K 18
There are some things you just can't take back. No matter how many times you reset. After breaking free of Chara's grip, Frisk decides to do one fina...
6K 364 9
This is a story that I originally wrote quite awhile ago on Deviantart. So please excuse the cringe if the writing is really bad.
145K 3.2K 24
COMPLETE *This story takes place after an ending in which everyone is alive but they cannot reach the surface*
8.8K 211 55
It had been two years since your friends died in an awful accident, and when you finally think you're coming to terms with it, you get world shaking...