Tales of the Fantastic: Newt...

By tori_moo

Newt Scamander's fantastic journey just got more interesting as his faithful companion joins him: you. The pa... More

1. Prologue
1. Chapter 1
1. Chapter 2
1. Chapter 3
1. Chapter 4
1. Chapter 5
1. Chapter 6
1. Chapter 7
1. Chapter 8
1. Chapter 9
Progress Update
1. Chapter 11
1. Chapter 12
1. Chapter 13
1. Chapter 14
1. Epilogue
Second Installment
2. Prologue
2. Chapter 1
2. Chapter 2
2. Chapter 3
2. Chapter 4
2. Chapter 5
2. Epilogue
Third Installment

1. Chapter 10

6.5K 187 103
By tori_moo

Queenie had so graciously volunteered to sneak them out of the building, leaving everyone, excluding herself of course, inside of the briefcase. While she was 'working her magic,' the group inside began recovering from the experience.

(Name) handed Newt the Swooping Evil, and was currently trying to pull Pickett out of her coat sleeve. "Pickett, I'm free! Why are you being so-" she tried to get him off her arm, but he crawled up onto her shoulder, "clingy!" Newt chuckled at her, and easily plucked the creature from her shoulder. He then moved to check on the rest of his family. Tina cleared her throat.

"So... you're a... 'muggle', then," Tina said, using Newt and (Name)'s terminology.

"Actually, I'm not entirely a muggle. My parents are both magic, I just... missed out, I suppose," (Name) sighed. Tina went wide-eyed, almost fully understanding how she was allowed to know about the wizarding world for so long; if she was obliviated, she would not only forget Newt, she would forget her entire life.

"You're a squib," Tina announced.

"Yes. I suppose that is what I am." Tina looked at her sorrowfully, sympathising with the concept of being surrounded by magic, but not being so herself. "I mean, it's not as terrible as you think, really. My parents are very understanding, and they wanted me to enjoy myself, so they thought I'd be safer traveling with Newt than on my own. They could care less that he was getting himself into trouble occasionally; they're just happy that I'm happy... which is something I understand isn't something all parents usually think." Tina nodded her head in agreement, knowing too well that this was the case. She opened her mouth to respond, but a soft knock on the hatch of the shed beat her to it. (Name) got up and climbed the ladder, poking her head out of the small door. "Well, come on then! What's the matter, Queenie?"

"I think I have an idea of someone who might know where your..." Queenie pressed for the name of the missing creature.

"Demiguise..."

"Yes! That, is," Queenie finished. (Name) squealed and ushered her inside. Queenie shook her head. "We are already here," Tina paled at her words, knowing who they were taken to see.

"Uh oh. Alright, well, I'll go get the boys..." Tina said, reluctantly. (Name) pulled herself out of the case and looked at the scene around her. A pair of tall buildings stood adjacent to one another, with an alleyway between them.

"We will have to get a little... glamoured up," Queenie said, gesturing to (Name)'s coat-trouser combo. "Do you mind if I-"

"Of course not! I know you'll make me look fab," (Name) interrupted. Queenie grinned and looked at the group emerging behind her. Newt had picked up his case and was returning to his usual spot next to (Name). Queenie walked down some steps to their right, leading to an entryway. Tina joined her and the sisters looked at each other before swiftly getting their wands out. Simultaneously, they flicked their wands, and more revealing and stylish clothes took shape upon their forms. Queenie turned to (Name) and flicked her wand similarly to before. A silken red dress replaced her clothes, and a pair of black Charlestons appeared in front of her face, quickly dropping before being caught by Newt.

"Put those on, it'll match with the dress better than those booties ya got on now," Queenie winked, and looked at Newt, who had gone beetroot. He had found the window above them to be quite interesting. (Name) quickly put on the heels, threw her boots in Newt's case, and straightened herself, pulling up the neckline slightly. She turned to Newt and looked at him quizzically, before reaching to straighten his tie. He flinched at the contact, but relaxed when he noticed what she was doing. (Name) finished her task, gave him a grin, and turned back to Queenie.

Tina knocked on the door. The picture adorning the door, a woman dressed similarly to how Tina, Queenie, and, now, (Name), started moving, and Tina whispered her a password. The woman nodded her head, and her eyes slid aside, revealing a cut-out in the door of a more ghastly pair of eyes, squinting at the bunch waiting outside. An annoyed growl sounded, and the slide returned to its original position. (Name) and Newt looked at each other warily, before moving a little closer to each other for comfort. The door to the pub swung open, and they were permitted passage into the Blind Pig.

The Blind Pig itself was a very cramped bar, filled with goblins, loud, upbeat music, and drunken wizards. The group shimmied through the crowd and Tina guided Newt and (Name) to a table in which a certain goblin sat at. Tina introduced the goblin as Gnarlack, and Newt and (Name) simpered at his lack of greeting. "So you must be the wizard with the case of magical creatures, eh?" the goblin grumbled, quirking a smirk.

"News travels fast, I suppose," Newt said, nodding his head, but averting his eyes elsewhere.

"We were told you would know where some more beasts may be," (Name) said bluntly, wishing to be out of the place quickly.

"I might. But for a price," the goblin pried. Newt slightly rolled his eyes before rooting through his coat pocket. He pulled out a few galleons and placed them on the table. Gnarlack looked at him with disbelief in his eyes. "That ain't goin' to cut it, pal. Though, I might be... swayed. For the right kind of payment," the goblin said, suggestively winking at (Name), who grimaced at him in disgust, and Tina looked at her with shock, shaking her head profusely to refuse.

"That won't be necessary," Newt interjected quickly, "anything else that might suffice? I've got-"

"Wait. Is that a bowtruckle? I've heard they're great at lock-picking!" Gnarlack raised from his seat, trying to get a better look at the creature that poked its head from Newt's coat.

"Oh, he's... not for sale..."

"Do you want the location of your beast or not?" the goblin pushed angrily. (Name) looked at Newt and saw him cave in.

"No, Newt... no it's fine, I don't mind-"

"No, no. If this is the cost and it means you don't- come on Pickett." Newt stuttered and started coaxing the creature off his coat-sleeve. After a few moments, Newt had removed the small plant creature off his clothing and had given it, unwillingly, to the grinning goblin.

"Alright, there's been talk of an invisible creature runnin' up and down Main Street. They say it's been spendin' it's time in the Macy's there. I'd suggest taking a look there. After you get out, that is," the goblin explained, smirking.

"What?" (Name) asked, and she heard a chuckle boil in his throat. Tina gasped and pointed towards the many 'wanted' posters that lined the walls of the Blind Pig. Every one of them instantly transformed into those of the group of friends: Newt, Tina, and (Name) covered the brick around them. (Name) turned to Newt, and in the knick of time, to see him punch the goblin square in the face, grab Pickett from his greedy hands, and pull (Name) under a table. "What in the name of Merlin was that for, you wally?"

"Haven't the slightest idea," Newt muttered, pulling her further under some chairs. Many aurors had appeared within the bar, firing spells and charms all over the place. The pair noticed that their friends had also dropped to the floor, and were pursuing a single spot where they could all dissaparate together. They wiggled their way through the legs of the chairs, tables, and wizards that littered the claustrophobic room, dodging the stray spells that fell to the floor and threatened the safety of themselves.

After some struggle, they had linked hands, and Tina cast them away. Out of sight, and, more or less, out of mind.
~~~
Their reappearance was in a more familiar part of town. Specifically, right outside of the infamous shopping centre the goblin-traitor mentioned before. (Name) checked on everyone, counting heads and looking for any injuries. Everyone was safe, and everyone was eager to get the task over with.

"Look, I said I'm sorry. I didn't actually sell you, to be fair. I got you back, didn't I?" (Name) looked over at Newt, who was trying to make amends with the bean sprout he kept in his pocket. She giggled at him, and he raised his head at her. He blushed and turned away, ushering the peeved off creature back into his coat. "Alright," Newt said, dusting off his hands and clearing his throat, "shall we?" A unanimous 'yes' was heard,  save Jacob's groan, and they walked toward the building. It was dark, at this time, so the shop was closed for the night. The group dismissed this, and Newt took the arm of (Name), while Queenie took Jacob's, and they teleported inside the tower.

Upon entrance, almost complete silence met their ears. No shoppers or employees were present, so the bareness of the large, dim room left an eerie shroud looming over them. Still holding onto Newt, (Name) grasped a little tighter as a display toppled over to the right of her. She glared at Jacob, who had knocked it over trying to see the sale price of a certain accessory. They inched further within the building, and (Name) felt Newt freeze. She, too, froze upon seeing a handbag float past them towards another display. Newt gently tugged on the hem of (Name)'s dress as to direct her to follow him. They followed the levitating purse momentarily, until the escapee decided to reveal its white fur. Its wide eyes blinked at some perfumes, before it continued meandering up a set of stairs. The group followed.

"Now, Demiguise have the sense of possibility and probability. They are very sensitive to change and are very tricky when it comes to capturing them. So, don't do anything... predictable," Newt informed everyone, aside from (Name).

The beast soon entered a large room, before placing a set of objects on the floor. Newt and (Name) walked in slowly behind it, and (Name) sat next to it carefully, marvelling at the trinkets it had collected. "I think they'll love those, Dougal," (Name) whispered to the beast. It looked at her, before turning to its larger, colourful companion. Jacob gawked and froze at the sight before him. The beast slithered its way toward the small Demiguise and floated its head in front of it. "So, this is where you've been hiding?" (Name) asked the feathered serpent. It cooed and continued winding itself around the room, making stops at each person.

However, it suddenly became startled, as a cockroach came into its vision. In the matter of a second, it lurched upwards, into the wooden rafters above, and Dougal wrenched itself onto (Name), swinging her effortlessly out of harms way. It wrapped a rope round her, and she remained 'imprisoned' on a large plank above all of the chaos. "Oh, for once in my life, can I please be apart of something!" (Name) whined, sticking out her bottom lip as she peered at the scene unfolding before her. Each of her friends were trying to capture a cockroach, and it seemed as though Jacob had successfully apprehended one of the creepy-crawlies. (Name) tried pulling herself away from her lookout, but found that the Demiguise had tied the large piece of rope around her calf, making it almost impossible to wrench herself free without the help of a sharp object or magic.

"The teapot!" (Name) heard Newt shout, and she looked down at them. Jacob was currently in the process of throwing the cockroach at Tina, who held a small teapot. Her face was littered with fear as the bug and colossal beast leapt toward her, shrinking to fit in the small space. The cockroach landed inside the appliance flawlessly, and the iridescent serpent followed quickly after, eating the roach whole. Tina slammed down the lid, and the entire room fell silent, as everyone struggled to catch their breath. Queenie giggled as she looked up at (Name).

"It's not bloody funny!" (Name) insisted, but Newt's chuckles soon joined Queenie's. He shook his head and flicked his wand, disappearing and reappearing next to the flustered girl. He bent down on a knee, looking at the predicament that wrapped itself tightly around (Name)'s leg. He tutted at her, and waved his wand, muttering a small charm. The rope unbound almost immediately, and it fell at her ankles. "Thank you..." Newt stood up, and smirked at her blushed features. "I take it back. You shouldn't make fun of a friend, much less your best friend, while they are helpless!" (Name) cried dramatically. He shook his head at her ridiculousness, and wrapped an arm around her waist. He waved his wand, and they appeared on the ground. Tina greeted the pair with a small smile, while Queenie and Jacob grinned suggestively.

"Alright, Dougal, let's get you back to your babies, shall we?" (Name) asked, and Newt took the small hand of the white creature. It hummed and took the teapot from Tina's arms gently. (Name) had opened the case, and had already stepped inside, and Dougal, Newt, and the rest of the group followed after. The trunk closed with a pop, and the large, empty room was left in complete silence.
~~~~~~
Author's note: Questions, comments, concerns? Don't be shy and let me know!

Hope you enjoyed reading, and I will see you in the next chapter! Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 1.9K 18
Second in the LOVED Series It's their second year together, and a lot has changed. Think a long-lost twin would throw a spanner in the works? Eh, wro...
1M 34.7K 37
The blonde gazed at him, mapping out his face, including the worry tainting it, "We'll find your creatures, Mr. Scamander. I promise." This caught th...
258K 5.5K 40
Aurora liana Dumbledore has always been friends with Newt and had a crush on Theseus even though he was a little older than her. When Newt was expell...
63.3K 1.7K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...