Warm Hands [Hiroomi x Akihito...

By weebakon

[#1 IN #KYOUKAINOKANATA 8/30/21] [#17 IN #ANIMEFANFIC 5/19/19 :))] [#1 IN #BEYONDTHEBOUNDARY 8/21/21] [#436 I... More

Chapter one: Warm Encounter
Chapter two: Daydreaming
Chapter three: The Walk Home
Chapter four: Get to Know, Then Judge
Chapter five: The Nase House
Chapter six: Soft Cheek
Chapter seven: Troubles and Ice Cream
Chapter eight: Indirect Confession
Chapter nine: A Date and Doubt
Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"
Chapter eleven: Nightmares
Chapter twelve: Titled Words
Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween
Chapter thirteen: Chilled Hands
Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister
Chapter sixteen: A Special Place
Chapter seventeen: Patching Things Up
Chapter eighteen: Love Under the Lights [Christmas Special!]
Chapter eighteen.2: Extended
Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss
Chapter twenty: Defend
Chapter twenty-one: Akkey to Akkun
Chapter twenty-two: Half-Knowing
Chapter twenty-three: Uncertain
Chapter twenty-four: Learning and Growing [V-day special!]
Chapter twenty-five: What the Future Holds
Chapter twenty-six: Not Feeling Well
Chapter twenty-seven: Half-Yumo and Spirit World Warriors
Chapter twenty-eight: School Without Akihito
Chapter twenty-nine: Awake
Chapter thirty: Fear of Being Alone
Chapter thirty-one: Power
Chapter thirty-two: Spiritual Presence
Chapter thirty-three: Cold Appearance
Chapter thirty-four: Unnoticeable Things
Chapter thirty-five: Swimming in Love
Chapter thirty-six: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter thirty-seven: Losing
Chapter thirty-eight: Expanding
Chapter thirty-nine: Rice Omelet
Chapter forty: No Joke
Chapter forty-one: Thoughts
Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction
Chapter forty-three: Accepted
Chapter forty-four: Yumo
Chapter forty-five: Containment
Chapter forty-six: Running Rage
Chapter forty-seven: Safe Haven
Chapter forty-eight: Risks for the One
(Not a Chapter)
Chapter forty-nine: Time To Finish What Was Started
Chapter fifty: Smiliar Demons
Chapter fifty-one; final: Warm Hands

Chapter fifthteen: In Between

922 34 1
By weebakon

Hiroomi Nase

      The air was becoming chillier by the second as the months passed on to November. All the cherry blossoms started to fall and the school year was halfway over. I wrapped myself up and stood at the door waiting for Mitsuki. C'mon, little sister, I sighed and felt my hair. I wasn't eager to go to school either, but Izumi wouldn't allow us to skip anymore days.

Mitsuki finally bounced down the stairs with her fingers busy trying to tie her ribbon. Her breathing was quick as she snatched her coat and slipped on her shoes.

   "What took you so long?" I asked as I adjusted my scarf so I could speak. She returned a glare and I backed off. What's worse than having an angry sister? She finished dressing and sighed.

    "C'mon lets go." She moved quickly passed me and out the door. I shrugged and smiled.

   "I was the one waiting on you." I teased and followed behind her. She kicked back and hit my shin.

   "Ow! Hey!" I lifted my leg up and rubbed the spot she injured. That really hurt. She spat at me and walked away. I whimpered and slouched as I continued to follow behind her. She's been acting strange lately. Usually I was always late going out the door in the morning, but now it's her taking forever to get ready for school.

I sneak up closer to her and keep pace with her. We walk in silence, like we always do, I peered over at her face and could tell something was on her mind.

   "What's been bothering you lately?" I say out of nowhere. She flinches and continues to look forward.

   "What are you talking about?" I sigh because I realize how hard it's going to be to get it out of her. I put my hand on her shoulder and squeeze it.

   "C'mon little sister, you can tell your big brother anything." Surprisingly enough, she didn't force my hand away from her shoulder. Instead she looked down and stopped in her tracks. I was held back and looked at her.

    "Mitsuki?" I couldn't see her eyes. Her hair hung over most of her face and her mouth was quivering. I moved to face her.

    "Mitsuki, what's wrong?" Seeing my little sister about to cry is a sight I never wanted to see. My heart felt like it was just stabbed by a cold, sharp knife. I bit my lip and thought about what to do. I inched forward and she clenched her fist.

    "What could possibly be wrong?" Her voice choked on the last word and she smiled weakly. She then blinked rapidly and walked fast past me. I whirled around and reached for her, but she slipped past me, untouched.

   "Mitsuki!" What on earth...I started to run to her.

   "Mitsuki! Stop! What's the matter?" I stepped in front of her and she veered.

   "Nothing's wrong! Just..." she stopped herself and then turned to face me. I finally saw her watery eyes. My eyebrows furrowed in shock. She's really upset.

   "Just what? Mitsuki, please tell your big brother what's wrong–" Suddenly, her body lunged forward and her arms automatically wrapped around my waist. I stood there, shocked and not knowing what to do. She's...hugging me? She then let out a few whines from within my jacket. My arms were stuck floating above her body.

   "I'm so stupid." She whimpered and hugged me tighter.

   "I kept thinking that...that you guys were forgetting about me...that all you cared about was Akihito. I'm so stupid and selfish and, and," I shushed her and finally let my hands lay against her warmth. I patted her head slowly and quieted her. So that's what's up.

    "Mitsuki, how could I ever forget my little sister?" She lifted her head and frowned at me. I touched her forehead and kissed her head.

    "What's really going on?" I could tell just by examining her face. I could always tell if she was telling the truth. She hated to feel weak. She knew she was defeated and escaped from my grasp. She looked away for a long moment and wiped her growing tears away.

   "That's it, nothing else." She adjusted her school bag and walked toward the school's entrance. I stood in the way of many falling blossoms and sighed.

Why won't she tell me?

•  •  •

Akihito Kanbara

    Finally it was our free period and I went to look for Hiroomi. The hallways were partially empty except for a few wall-huggers chatting among themselves. My eyes searched for the familiar, soft face of a Nase, and ended up finding Mitsuki. I smiled. She might know where he is.

I walked up to her and waved my hand. I was about to speak when I finally processed her current state. Her eyes were watery and her cheeks were moist and red. Her eyes were accompanied with small bags and puffiness. My eyebrows raised and my smile faded.

   "Hey, Mitsuki," I tapped her shoulder, hoping that would catch her attention. It did, she looked up at me and when she realized it was me, she looked away quickly and tried to cover her face from my view.

   "Oh, hey, Akihito." We stood in the hallway in silence for awhile. I didn't know if it was safe to ask if something had happened.

   "So, um, how are you?" Her eyes were like knives cutting at mine. I scratched my head and cleared my throat. Probably...shouldn't have asked it that way...

   "I'm fine," she said and looked done already with our conversation. I remembered why I confronted her in the first place.

   "Oh, have you seen Hiroomi?" I asked looking around. When she didn't answer right away, I faced her again. Her fist became clenched and her teeth chomped down on her bottom lip.

   "Mit–"
   "Why is everything about you and Hiroomi?!" I was taken aback from her sudden volume. Her voice echoed in my mind and I started to feel something ache in my heart. I started to see the water in her eyes expand.

   "I mean, seriously! Hiroomi used to be all over me and now he doesn't even look my way! I'm his second choice! And you can't seem to understand how I feel about you. And, and, the only reason I constantly insult you two is because...it's because..." I didn't know what to do or say at this point. She practically poured her feelings out and I was left speechless. Finish, I thought, finish your sentence. Because of what?

Before I could hear what her last words were, I forced myself to do something. I lunged forward and flung my arms around her. I then held her out with my hands on her shoulders and looked down at her sternly.

   "Hiroomi's your big brother," I began and took a deep breath.

   "You will always be his first choice."  Her face was left stunned. I hugged her and then reassured her. It was probably the first time we had meaningful, physical contact. She then broke the moment by shoving my hands away. She quickly wiped her tears away.

   "You still don't get it, do you? It's not just Hiroomi, it's–" she stopped herself, wide eyes and covered her mouth. Through her fingers you could see the color of her cheeks turn pink. Oh, my heart skipped a beat, now I get it.

   "Mitsuki, by any chance, are you jealous of Hiroomi?" Her face said it all. It was true. She stomped her foot.

   "Shut up! Why would I be jealous of my perverted brother?!" That's it. The old Mitsuki was back. Although, this one was rather flustered and more vulnerable. I then couldn't help it, I released a laugh that echoed in the halls. She stomped her foot again and continued with being the annoyed girl with a rapid fire of insults.

I couldn't help but keep laughing. I've never seen her tell a lie that I could decipher.

   "Would you shut up already!" She then punched me in the arm.

   "Ow! Hey! Violence is never the answer!" I whined. I then felt a familiar form start to grow around my waist. A head looked over my shoulder and laughed.

   "Well, if it isn't my two favorite people." I smiled at Hiroomi and then glimpsed over at Mitsuki. Her face was still annoyed, but also lonely. I smirked and whispered something in Hiroomi's ear. He nodded and  let go.

   "Ready?" I whispered. He lifted his hands and wiggled then around.

   "Set...go!" We both ran up to Mitsuki and captured her into a hug.

   "Hey! What the–?" We snuggled her and Hiroomi then planted a kiss on her red cheek. I then gave her a kiss on her other cheek. She made a surprised and disturbed sound and tried to escape. We then looked at her and squeezed her tight.

   "We love you, Mitsuki!" She then stopped in her tracks and took a deep breath. I thought I almost saw her frown inch towards a smile. She then shoved us free.

   "Alright, alright, enough of your pity." She then started to walk away, but then stopped. She moved a piece of hair out of her way and looked back at us.

   "Thanks guys. I'm sorry for being so stupid." Hiroomi and I stared at her for her smile was revealed. Her smile glowed so much with happiness. "So cute!!" Hiroomi and I whispered. She then ran back to us quickly and wrapped her arms around each of our necks.

   "I love you guys, too." She then released us and walked away. We were stuck, stunned and happy she was better.

A/n: Wow, I almost got out of character a little, but if I did, I apologize!

Next Update: December 15th

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 44.5K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 56K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
38.4K 1.1K 11
Dipper was born with wings and striking blue eyes. He is just starting highschool, waiting to be ridiculed when a mysterious transfer student arrives.
141K 4K 27
When Hinata suggests that the team goes on a roadtrip to Kyoto for their victory trip, Suga is quick to jump on the idea, thinking it would be a good...