Quad Elements

By nicstiles

Quadruplets sisters move to a new school, but these girls are no ordinary sisters. These sisters are magicall... More

The Beach
The art of 'Popping'
Our family history
The Rumour Mill
Don't mess with the sisters
I hear that you're a witch
An amazing night at the movies
The Date
Where to party
Charne
Reece, a questionable character
Evil vs Good
Just who was Reece
The Mystery Place
Caring Chris

A new school, a new power

2.3K 31 19
By nicstiles

Dedicated to my 50th fan!!!!! A wonderful girl who we are glad is part of our lives everyday! I love our conversations about passion and what you can make happen. 

**************

This is my first teen fiction book and from the feedback I need to put in more detail, I'll work on that as I go. Please comment and vote if you like and if you don't like it comment so I can improve. Writing is such a passion of mine I really want to create great books for people to read.

***I've done some editing this time, thanks for the feedback***** 

*********************** 

Moving is difficult, you'd think after all the times we have moved that we would be used to it by now. But that's not the case, I feel nervous about meeting people. My stomach feels like a party of butterfly's fluttering around inside. I wonder how we will be accepted. Especially when starting a new school there are people to sort through, people that you like, people you won't and in our case people that could be looking for us. 

The questions were annoying people wanted to know everything. Where did you move from? Why did you leave your last place? How come you move so much? Running from the devil was the answer but how could you tell anyone that? We would just reply mum's job and that would be that. But the painful thing this time was that mum wasn't with us. She died and now it was the four of us. My name is Chaleur, it's French, well, sort of French. The true French word is La Chaleur and it means heat. A little strange that my mum would name me heat. My sisters and I are all named after an element of the earth.  

It seems so unreal to be here without our mum, her death seems so false like any minute she'll jump from behind a door and say 'tricked you' or even just walk in and give us one of her famous hugs- the ones that made us feel like we were the only person in the world and everything was simply fine. But sadly she is dead, killed protecting us from our father and now we are running again. When would this stop, the running, the hiding? I was so frustrated with watching over our shoulders all the time. However, our mother taught us how to control our emotions because our emotions were tied to our powers and using our powers created vibrations in the earth- vibrations that people -evil people were searching for so they could find us. So if we didn't control our emotions all hell would break loose or at least all hell would come searching for us. We needed to protect ourselves otherwise we could end up like our mum. 

Walking into our new school, the grass was lush green dew drops had settled on it. I look over at my sisters and wonder if they felt the same way -another town, another school, for who knows how long? Until our father and his disciples find us. We do try to blend in however being a quadruplet it's a little hard to blend in. My sisters and I have our mum's looks, she had been a stunning women. Wherever we walked heads would turn. My sister Moana is blonde with a bob hair cut, but Aria and Tierra both have stunning black hair that reached half way down their back just like mine. Alone we stand out, but together we are hard to miss it makes blending in difficult.  

The only good thing about starting new schools is that we have each other. Most schools do separate us through our classes but we sit together at lunch and arrive and leave together. Safety in numbers! After heading to the office and getting our class schedules. We compared classes and it looked like this year I was going to be a loner, my sisters shared Physical Education classes. They all had amazing sporting abilities that I did not possess so I was glad not to be in their classes. Moana & Tierra shared another two classes and Aria and Moana two as well. We walked through the lunch area and agreed to meet in a spot under the trees for lunch. Then we split up and head for our first classes. 

I walked into the first classroom, English with Mrs. Hungly. Everyone was already seated. Mrs Hungly made the usual song and dance about 'the new girl' Chaleur - she pronounced it cha-law instead of Shar-leur, as expected everyone says it incorrectly. Everyone shuffled in their seats boys looking up no longer looking as board as they were. Girls looking at me with a look of distaste competition had just entered the school! I smiled and walked towards the only empty seat at the back of the room to the very right. When I sat I notice the guy sitting next to me, who wouldn't notice this guy he was stunning! Yum! He had jet black hair, blue eyes and no boy should have a body like that! He had to be Mr Popularity of the school, I thought.  

Hmmmm, nice new girl! 

I was shocked I know he didn't say it out loud, maybe I'm losing it. I smiled at him because without realising I had been staring at him after I heard that smooth voice.  

Sweet smile, wonder if she has a boyfriend. Shit! Katy would die if she knew what I was thinking. Katy will shit when she sees the new girl, she's been Miss. Popular for a very long time.  

Then I heard a cheeky little laugh. How is this happening can I actually be hearing his thoughts? Mum could never do that and why can I hear his I've never heard anyone's before.

I cruised through the next couple of classes dying to get to lunch to tell my sisters the news. We met under the trees and Aria was talking about her classes and how she new everything they were studying. "It's all boring why do we have to re-do our final year again." She whined. 

"Because" Tierra said "Mum said we've gotta keep up some kind of normal life." Aria gave a sigh. "Do you want him to find us?" Then Aria's face dropped no matter what happened no-one wanted him to find us. 

"No." Aria finally agreed "it's just that I know everything they are teaching us and it's really hard to pretend I don't!" It would have only been our first time doing our final year of school if Aria hadn't complained to mum a couple of years ago when she was sick of the repetitive classes day in day out and she wanted to move up a year. Mum had been so careful while we were growing up but as we got older she said it was a little bit easier to hide our age. We usually went to school for a year and then had a year off to travel with Mum. She wanted us to be educated through school and educated through different countries as well. You see we are not like the average human being. We were different, my sisters and I age one year for every five human years which means we move around a lot to avoid suspicion. It also means even know we just turned 18 we have been on the earth for ninety years. 

"Hey" I said to grab their attention. "Anyone else have any...." I looked around to make sure no one could hear them "power enhancements". They all turned and shuffled a little closer. 

"No! Why what's happened?" Moana asked my sisters were very excited. Mum had told us about our abilities as her daughters and we all thought we had experienced all we had to offer. 

"There's this super hot guy in my English class and I think..." I took a breath they moved closer in "I heard his thoughts." They stared at me shocked. 

"NO WAY!" Aria said "I want that power it's super cool." 

"SHHHHH" Moana, Tierra and I said all at once while looking around. 

"That's fantastic how does it work?" Aria said in a whisper. "Can you hear everyone? Do you know what I'm thinking right now?" I couldn't hear what she was thinking but being her sister I had a good idea so I teased her. 

"Why did she get that power, it's not fair." Aria's mouth dropped open and her eyes grew really large. Moana, Tierra and I laughed so hard we started crying, Aria slapped us. "I haven't heard anyone else but him." I told truthfully. 

"Why him?" Tierra wondered out loud. 

He walked passed I whispered to my sisters. "That's him." 

Moana rolled her eyes "No wonder his, like, totally hot." All of us cracked up laughing. He looked over and smiled. My heart did a back flip he looked like he was heading over then a girl in a very short skirt practically threw her herself at him. He kissed her although she seemed a little more passionate than him but that could have been because my sisters and I were all watching him.  

Way to show off Katy. He thought. 

"He thinks she's showing off." I whispered to my sisters and they giggled some more. Katy turned and put a smile on her face, grabbed the guys hand and started heading over to us. 

I'll approach them and show them who the boss is around here. This is my school. Why on earth does Chris keep staring at that one? She was talking about me. 

"I can hear her too she's coming over to show us who is boss around here." We all stood up. 

"Hi." Totally up beat and fake. "I'm Katy, this is my boyfriend Chris." Possessive much! "So you are the new sister's I've heard so much about."  

Tone it down Katy. Then he smiled at me. 

"It's Chaleur right, you're in my English class?" he pronounced my name perfectly.  

"Nice pronunciation not many people get Chal's name correct." Moana said knowing I love it when people get my name correct. He smiled again, his smile was heart stopping.  

Bitch! Well is seems I was going to be good friends with Katy!  

Wow her name suits her gorgeous. Oh he thinks I'm gorgeous. 

"Yeah that's right English class. These are my sisters Aria, Tierra & Moana."  

How are they all so good looking they must have worked done, NO one can look that good without trying.  

"Huh" I said shocked that this girl we don't even know is being a total cow. Then I realised everyone was looking at me wondering why I had scuffed when no one had spoken. Moana covered for me. 

"So Chris you've got what I can only assume is a surfer's body. Tell me where I can catch some waves around here." Subtle Moana real subtle! 

She's a surfer Chris was surprised.  

Oh please, I bet she just sits on the beach trying to attract guys. Katy was a very mean girl, what a nasty piece of work. 

"You know what on Saturday the boys and I are going for a surf then we're having a bonfire. You guys should come." He looked right at me "all of you." I hope Chaleur comes he thought.  

Katy gave a side way glance at Chris Stop looking at her I need to keep these girls close. Friends close enemies closer. "You'll get to meet all the right people, well the ones that count anyway."  

Great we sound like a bunch of stuck ups, tone it down Katy. So he cares what we think about them, interesting. 

"Sounds Great!" Moana smiled. 

"We head out to surf at six in the morning, you up for that?" I could see Moana having fun trying to tick off Katy. 

"You have no idea what I'm up for." Then she gave her sexy smile which usually has guys drooling.  

BITCH ! Katy's last thought before they left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...