When Worlds Conclude - WWC3

By kelliemayann

"No matter where I go or who I meet, I will always be uncontrollably, helplessly, foolishly in love with you." More

When Worlds Conclude - WWC3
1; Math, Vampires, and Pirates
2; Paintings, pay rises, and visits
3; Pool, pizza, and friendship
4; Concerts, burgers, and surprises
5; Mistakes, photos, and realisations
6; Unexpected calls, venues, and open doors
7; Ceremonies, wedding cake, and dancing
8; Flower arrangements, tennis, and friends
9; Dates, Phone Numbers, and Fights
10; Dinner parties, wine, and charades
11; Forrest Gump, lunch talks, and parks
12; Voicemails, documentaries, and investments
13; Playgrounds, fireworks, and second dates
14; Genders, Milkshakes, and Loans
15; Double dates, laser tag, and hiding
16; Teams, Lizards, and Love
17; Gossip Girl, burgers, and bad news
18; Poise, wine, and scrambled eggs
19; Maids, offices, and insurance files
20; More wine, funerals, and unexpected surprises
21; Vodka, balconies, and old memories
22; Wake ups, goodbyes, and regrets
23; Awakenings, phone calls, and goodbye notes
24; Tequila, Mexico, and Closure
25; Ireland, Pubs, and Fold out couches
27; Tours, nightclubs, and punches
28; Coffee, pastries, and airports
29; Trains, night shifts, and confessions
30; enrolment offices, libraries, and fixed friendships
31; Beer pong, kegs, and ripped jeans
32; Benches, memories and cigarettes
33; Missed calls, wrong apartments, and M&M's
34; Couches, Star Wars, and Hot Dogs
35; Coffee shops, forts, and liminal spaces
36; Parties, Aliens, and Snowglobes
37; Paint shirts, boxes, and breakfast
38; Beer, texts, and textbooks
39; Anniversaries, champagne, and slowdancing
40; Monopoly, German Beer, and Memories
41; Bad advice, Frappes, and Wontons
42; Silence, Cafes, and Earl Grey
43; White Russians, Bradford, and Recordings
44; Lost rings, Juice, and Finding Nemo
45; Flashbacks, decisions, and missing guests
46; Hot chocolates, champagne, and tissues
47; Mints, tuxedos, and old friends
48; Certificates, bouquets, and bombshells
49; the wedding
50; the end
Moving on from Wattpad.

26; Notes, towel drops, and face oil

6K 523 275
By kelliemayann

Violet

I wake up the next morning by rolling over and pressing my face into a piece of paper I had no idea was there. Opening my eyes I see a note covered in scribbled writing on the pillow beside me.

Violet,

Have work today, will be home at 5. Feel free to make yourself at home, there's bagels in the cupboard. 

Have a lovely day.

- Niall

I smile and get up, stretching my arms to try and ease the tension I've been feeling. Maybe it's been all the travelling but my body has never felt more tired. I feel like I've aged about twenty years.

I gather some things to take into the bathroom and make my way down the hall. Niall's bathroom is expected. Bottles of cologne line the counter, mixed in with hair gel and strangely a tube of 'moisturising face oil'. I look at that for a while before I dump my things down and turn on the shower.

I realise then that there are no towels in the entire bathroom. No towels. I go hunting and eventually find a cupboard that stocks a broken lamp, boxes and boxes of junk and one box called 'christmas decorations', and a few measly towels on the bottom shelf.

Ah, men.

The water temperature in the shower is either way too hot or way too cold, I find out the hard way, so my shower doesn't last long because I would either freeze to death or burn alive. Once I'm out of the shower I wrap the thin little towel around me and sneakily use some of the face oil, and I'm just applying it when the bathroom door bursts open.

I scream and drop the face oil, and it goes everywhere and I scream even more. Because, damn, that shit looks expensive.

I then look towards the door and see a very sleepy looking guy that I assume is Niall's flatmate. He wears nothing but plaid boxers and looks very, very shocked to see me. He came home later than Niall had anticipated so when he finally did return, I was fast asleep. This would mean that this is the first time I am meeting him. In a towel.

"Fuck," he murmurs under his breath. "I'm sorry." He rubs at his eyes, trying to wake up.

What Niall didn't tell me was that Chris was very fucking attractive, and now I'm blushing.

"I-I'm Violet," I stammer, not really knowing what to do. "I'm Niall's friend."

"Oh." he slurs. "Hey." More rubbing at his eyes. I expect him to say more but he doesn't. 

"I dropped your face oil," I say. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, it's Niall's."

We fall into an awkward silence.

"Right, well, I'll let you have the bathroom." And just as I'm trying to scurry away, I crash into him at the door. My shoulder hitting his chest. I let out a small squeak.

"I'm sorry," I say again.

"I'll uh-" He says, trying to move.

"If you move left-"

"Right."

"My right?"

Collision.

"Could this be more awkward?" He asks me.

And yes, it could, because at that exact moment I forget I'm wearing just a towel and I go to turn and the entire thing drops to the floor. 

Chris's eyes immediately go to my naked body and he just stares for a few seconds as I stand perfectly still, hoping the ground will open and swallow me whole. Because oh my fucking god. Then he looks away, his cheeks turning pink, and he swallows.

"Yup," he says. "That'll do it."

I pick my towel back up and grab my things and run out of the bathroom, internally screaming. Why. Why did this shit always happen to me?

I'm sure that was more than Chris thought he'd see this morning. 

I quickly get dressed, always looking down the hall even though I can hear the shower running and know that Chris is in there. But I'm still petrified. I then head for the kitchen and help myself to one of the bagels Niall approved. I'm just sitting at the table eating my bagel and sipping my orange juice when Chris walks in. We're both fully dressed this time.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," I reply awkwardly.

He gets out a bowl and a box of Wheaties and pours some in. It's very silent apart from the sound of cereal hitting the bowl. 

"So, uh, you know Niall has work right?" Chris asks me after a while.

I look up. "Oh, yeah. He left me a note."

Chris looks confused. "A note?"

"Yeah, he said he'll be back at 5."

"You're staying until 5?"

I look at him a bit weird. "Uh, yes? For a few days ..."

Chris shoves a spoonful of Wheaties into his mouth and leans against the counter. "You his girlfriend or something?"

I almost choke on my bagel. "Oh my god, no. No, I'm his friend. I'm from London, we went to school together. I ... he didn't tell you?"

Chris shrugs, seeming completely unfazed as to who I am. "Oh, he didn't tell me anything."

Niall didn't even mention to his flatmate that I'd be staying here for a few days? Honestly, guys were some other kind of species.

"Is it okay?" I ask. "I mean, that I'm staying here?"

He shrugs again. "Doesn't matter to me." He walks back around the counter and puts his bowl in the sink. "Your body isn't exactly a bad thing to see in the morning." His lips turn into a playful smirk.

I blush again. "I'm so sorry about that."

"Don't be," he says quickly, and I can see he's avoiding looking at me. "It, was, uh, like I said ... nice."

I don't know what to say to that so I just look down at my plate to hide my smile. 

"Anyway, I should get going," Chris says, checking the clock that hangs above the oven. "You gonna be okay?"

I nod. "I'll be great. Enjoy your day and uh, sorry about this morning. Again."

Chris just smiles, grabbing his jacket and heading for the door. "It was nice to meet you. Violet was it?"

I nod.

"I'll see you later." Then with one last smile he's out the door.

-------

"Hi, do you guys sell moisturising face oil?"

Dublin was so much prettier in the day when the sun was shining and it was still cold, but a little warmer. I had a chance to really take it all in, the scenery of castles and old buildings and all the friendly faces that seemed to just open up to you no matter who you were. Being here I could see why Niall was the way that he was, and why he had chosen to come back here. 

A shop clerk at a local beauty store shows me to the appropriate aisle and I try and find the same brand that was on Niall's vanity. Eventually I find it and make my way back to the counter.

"How are yer?" The woman asks, scanning my item. 

"Great, and you?"

"Been busy," she responds. "Twenty five pound. There's a weddin', had a whole group in this mornin'."

"Oh, sounds lovely."

"You married?"

I almost fall backwards. "What? Me? N-No."

"Have a fella?"

"Uh, no."

"My fella proposed to me just last week." She shows me the ring on her finger and grins.

"Oh, congratulations." I didn't really know what else to say, considering I had no idea who this woman was. 

"Thank yer, thank yer. Anyway, here." She hands me my bag and I thank her. "Have a lovely day!"

"You too, thank you."

I walk out of the store and find myself walking around until I come to a stop at a park. Sitting down on a bench I watch all the people around me, the couples walking hand in hand, the man walking a dog, the women jogging, the kids throwing a ball around. Strangely, it makes me think of home. And not London, the country club. Home when I was a child.

I think about my dad and just now it hits me that he's gone, that I'm never going to see him again. We never had the greatest relationship but I still can't really picture a life without him. Without having someone to live up to, without having someone to make proud, or disappoint. A father to just be there. Sure, he hardly was there, but the idea of him still was. Now it's like there's just nothing.

I keep thinking that I should feel sadder than I do, but maybe I've just had enough. Enough sadness to last me an entire lifetime. I've cried more than I should have and I've felt more pain that I could handle, and now I'm just dry and empty. My father's absence is not gut wrenching to me, it's not painful or unbearable, it's just hollow. And I will feel it, I know I will, forever, but I can live with it. And I'm okay with that.

And I find myself smiling right there as I sit on the park bench, because I had finally made it to the point where I can look around at everything, think about everything that's ever happened in my life, and I can make peace with it. I smile because how cool is it to be able to say I made a lot of things happen for myself, and that shit has happened but I can be okay with it. Because I was. I had finally realised that courses of action did not have to define me anymore, that broken things did not mean that I was in fact broken too. That things would happen as they often do but I'd be okay with it. 

I'm okay with it.

absolutely awful to hear about Louis' mum, how terrible!! :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 123 64
I can only tell you a thought of my own hopes. It is to know that love exists for real in the human world. All kinds of it. The bigger and the smalle...
610 39 17
"In the past life, I used to love you with my whole heart but in this life, I swear, I hate each and every part of you"
1.6K 148 16
"No amount of bright lights will ever be able to fill in the void in your heart. You can surround yourself with people, but you'll never be anything...
153K 2.4K 26
Bringing the one and only Zayn Malik, right next to you. Enjoy ;)