Only You

By AwesomeMochiBlob

Right. I was his girlfriend. I flinched at that thought, and tried to walk faster but ended up bumping into... More

Characters \(^•^)/
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Final Chapter

Chapter 13

954 52 17
By AwesomeMochiBlob

IU's POV

"You will both need to complete this assignment by tomorrow seeing as how we will be using it for reference during the next few weeks." Ms. Ryong said, handing us both new copies of the rubric.

I took it from her reluctantly, even though I had mine safe at home on my desk.

"I really need to do this?" Jungkook drawled. 

"Yes, you need to complete it, Jungkook-ssi." she said sternly, sliding the paper across the desk towards him. 

"Now, in the meantime, you'll be working on these." she said, as she heaved a gigantic pile of papers in front of us. 

"W-Wait. What's this for?" I stuttered, a thought forming in my mind that I didn't like one little bit.

"You'll digitalize these in the computer room." 

Even the dunce beside me looked at the stack of papers warily.

Without another word, Ms. Ryong swooped back to her desk and continued grading the essays, immersing herself within the world of bad compositions.

Completely unwilling, I scooped up my books and bag, then with one arm full of my stuff, and the other arm weighed down with my half of the papers, I marched towards the door. 

I stopped at the door, completely stumped about how I should open it. I tried twisting the doorknob with my elbow by nudging it. It didn't work. 

In the middle of my efforts of wresting with the door, I heard a snort of laughter come from behind me. 

"Yah, pabo. Just put your papers down. It's not that hard." Jungkook said, walking towards me while balancing all his belongings and the documents in one hand. 

That's just....not ok on so many levels. Can't he at least struggle a little bit instead of looking like he's going out for a stroll to make me feel better?

I huffed, feeling a twinge of annoyance. 

"Well, if you're so great, you can just open the door for me." 

Surprisingly, he did just that. 

Unsurprisingly, although I didn't anticipate it nearly enough, he stuck his foot out while I was exiting and I fell pretty damn hard, with papers flying everywhere.

Ms. Ryong looked up from her work and tutted, but didn't bother to do anything about it. 

My teeth were gritted so hard that my jaw started aching, but I bent down and picked up everything within a few seconds, even though there was a mountain of it. It's a talent that's mastered when you're not a popular person and is tossed around by other people. 

Jungkook had already started down the hall, and was now walking backwards while laughing at me.

My hands tightened on my belongings, but I kept my face completely clear of expression. I jogged towards Jungkook, managing not to die from exhaustion, which is probably some kind of new world record. 

After a few minutes of walking halfway across South Korea, we reached the computer room. Honestly, 'computer room' was just a fancy name for a closet with two computers from the stone age, called that by everyone to make this school seem less crappy. 

Aish. Close quarters with one of my least favorite people.

We sat down after organizing our materials, then Jungkook leaned back in the chair with his arms behind his head, and propped his feet on the desk. Because the room was so small, I was literally dining on his feet.

I pushed his feet off the table as hard as could, nearly unseating him in the process. 

"Yah! Sit properly, won't you?"

He put his feet right back on the table.

"Aish." I growled, standing up. "Michyeosseo? Ms. Ryong is gonna kill us if we don't finish this!" 

Scoffing, Jungkook stood up too. "The only reason I'm only here is so you wouldn't be too embarrassed about being the only person who didn't complete the assignment."

Completely taken aback by this statement, I stared at him at a loss for words.

We were both standing within a few feet between each other at this point, him slightly agitated and me completely and utterly confused

"B-But....Wae?"  I asked, still unable to grasp the situation. 

"What do you mean, 'wae'?" He said back, like I had said something atrociously strange. 

"Why would you do something like pretending you forgot your essay? It isn't something sensible to do." I responded, trying to regain my train of thought that had been blown off it's tracks by the person currently standing in front of me. 

"Do I look like a sensible person to you?" He countered, grinning, one eyebrow raised. Before I say anything, he continued. "Anyways, if you don't want to be the pinpoint of Ms. Ryong's terrifyingness afterwards, I suggest that you do as you are supposed to and type away."

He extended one hand towards the desk, and gestured for me to sit down and start.

I sat down. Mostly because I had nothing else to say. It was only when I had already finished typing up the documents that I realized he had completely avoided my question. By that time, it was too late to question him without looking like a pabo. 

Aigoo, Jieun-ah. Where did your intelligence go?

Jungkook's POV

I exhaled a silent sigh of relief the moment I got out of that container-like room. 

She looked so cute back there when she couldn't understand what was going on around her. I walked a bit faster, forcing her to jog slightly to catch up. 

Why did I admit to not finishing the essay? Well... maybe I still felt bad for taking her test from last time...?

I dismissed the thought of why, and focused more on toying with her. She's so clumsy that she can barely stay on her two feet. Taehyung had told me about how she had tripped at her house, and warned me not to harm her. 

Pfft. Who trips in their own house unless their blind? I then nearly stumbled over IU's foot that she stuck out without any warning. 

Staggering a bit then turning around to face her, I was about to say something when I saw her laughing.

"I know for a fact you were thinking about how clumsy I am." she giggled. "But you aren't much better, aren't you?"

I felt my lips turn up at the corners without my permission. "Yah, at least I know my way around my home."

Her smile dropped off her face like it never existed. 

"Taehyung told you about that?" she said, looking wary and slightly scared.

"Yeah, like how you tripped in your house and caused a big mess." I snorted.

"Oh. That." she said, the smile returning. 

"I didn't make a big mess though."

"Liaaar."

"Am not."

"Is too."

"Am not."

Then I pushed her a bit and she fell over, promptly cutting off her repartee. 

Wow. Brilliant balance and coordination.

"Yah! Pabo!" she laughed, while trying to get up. 

I held out my hand, and helped her up, leaving her slightly surprised. 

"Come on. Ms. Ryong is probably wondering if we like, died or escaped or something."

We walked back to the classroom, this time not quite so hostile with each other. 

A/N: I have swim practice. T^TTTT   I'm that one potato that can't swim, and the other highschoolers are just whoooosh zooming past me while I'm drowning in their splashiness. Oh well. XD  Thanks for reading! Love ya all! Saranghaeyo!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 44 27
" I think... I'm in love with you " He said. Blushing. I froze and blinking my eyes.
5.1K 340 32
I fell in love with you at first sight. And i did again after so many years. ~You I thought you were really funny and you were very beautiful from th...
317K 19K 38
[Book 2 of Overmorrow] 。・:*★:*:・。・:*★:*:・゚☆ We met again after all those years and just when I thought that we could be together again, my heart was...
9.3K 370 20
Jimin offers to help Jungkook get a girlfriend despite him having no social skills and a weird knife obsession. ...psst! *whispers loudly* I can't wr...