Meant to Be (Derek Hale)

By mei1524

Mia stared up at Derek in confusion. "What are you thanking me for?" "For giving me a family and making me th... More

Chapter 1*
Chapter 2*
Chapter 3*
Chapter 4*
Chapter 5*
Chapter 6*
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
3B
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
4
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Return To Beacon Hills Part 1
Return To Beacon Hills Part 2
Return To Beacon Hills Part 3

Chapter 24

14.6K 311 23
By mei1524

Mia sat on the bed next to Stiles who was lying down letting her check him to see if he wasn't the nogitsune. Deaton left with Damien to go see what happened at the school with Isaac and the twins and inform them about Lydia's kidnapping. Leaving her, her mother, Scott, and Stiles in the house.

She felt guilty for feeling uncomfortable as she checked him. She had known him since he was a small boy and the fact that a part of her was scared of him made her feel terrible. She didn't like feeling this way but, the nogitsune had been using his body to hurt a lot of people that she knew.

She couldn't even look him in the eye as she did the check up and she was positive that he knew how she felt. She glanced at up at him finally meeting his eyes and then glanced at his wrist. She couldn't be too sure if just giving him a check up would tell them he was no longer the nogitsune. Which is why Kira's mother was coming to the house and have the oni check him even though they all felt a bit reluctant about it.

Stiles caught her eyeing his wrist and saw how hesitant she was to grab it. He was a bit hurt by her hesitance in being so close to him but he understood why. He could remember everything he did and he felt so guilty. He raised his wrist and moved it towards her slowly and she took it gently.

Mia released his wrist after checking him. She let out a small sigh. "Well Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." She muttered.

"Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" He asked and she didn't say anything except give him a sad look. Scott walked into the room with his mom behind him. Stiles glanced up at him. "Is she here?"

"Yeah." Scott replied.

"Okay, let's do this." Stiles stood up from the bed and started making his way to the door when he saw the looks he was getting. He knew they were reluctant in letting him do this but, he needed to. "Guys, we have to do this."

They all went downstairs to the living room were Nishiko was standing. She looked at Stiles with a blank expression. "Do you recognize me, hmm?"

He didn't reply and just stared at her. Kira burst into the room. "Stop."

Stiles gave her a reassuring look. "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come." He explained.

Her eyes widened/ "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords."She turned to her mother hoping to stop her. "Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done." Noshiko stated and everyone else tensed up when two appeared. Once grabbed Stiles from behind to keep him still while the other checked him. They soon disappeared letting Stiles fall to the ground. Scott and Mia were the first ones to get to him. "Look behind his ear."

Mia let out sigh of relief when she saw the backwards five behind his ear. "It worked."

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked once he was sitting up with Scott's help.

"More you than the Nogitsune." Noshiko stated.

"Can The Oni find him?"

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now."

He clenched his jaw. He wanted the nogitsune gone especially after everything that has happened. "Can they kill him?" He asked as Mia stood back up to stand by her mother.

"It depends on how strong he is."

"What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Scott frantically asked. He was worried about the strawberry blonde especially after he swore he would not let anyone else get hurt.

"He would only take her for an advantage."

"You mean her power?" He asked.

"The power of a Banshee."

☾☾☾☾

Derek stood in the elevator as he faced Chris who was standing outside the elevator. "You had a gun pointed at my head. You could've pulled the trigger. Why didn't you?" The Hale asked curiously. 

He had tried to burn the Argent to death but, was luckily stopped when he passed out. He had no idea why he felt the need to kill him and he just let his instincts takeover. It was only after Mia called him and told him that Isaac and the twins were also affected because of the nogitsune.

Chris sighed feeling uncomfortable with the conversation already. His hunter half knew that Derek was indeed the enemy but he knew he wasn't. Not anymore. "Because you're not my enemy anymore, Derek. And I'm not yours."

Derek accepted the answer easily. He himself was also uncomfortable and decided to switch topics. "The truth is that we should be out there looking for him. Right now. Especially if he can do something like this."

"I'm not sure that's actually going to be necessary." Chris said.

"Why not?" Derek demanded. He was aware that Stiles was now with the McCalls and the nogitsune was roaming around and he wanted to get rid of it soon.

Chris sighed again as he trailed off. "Because if he can do something like this.... "

"He's stronger than ever." Derek finished realizing that their enemy was now a lot more stronger than they anticipated.

"Which means he'll be coming for us."

After leaving the Argents apartment he headed back to his loft. Derek sighed as he got out of his car thinking about what he almost did today. He almost didn't notice Mia who was walking in the same direction as him. He wiped away all those thoughts when he saw her and he took a few strides towards her and hugged her. "Hey." He muttered into her hair as he kissed her temple before looking at her making sure she wasn't hurt anywhere.

"Hey." She smiled tiredly at him. She was feeling exhausted from the day's events. The main concern of hers was Stiles since he wasn't looking too well after she left her mother's home to come back here. She needed to get some sleep before heading to work the next day which she felt was going to be a long one. "Do you want to come over?" She asked quietly.

He hummed a response and kept an wrapped around her as the two walked into the building and then into the elevator. "So how's Stiles?" He asked.

She sighed. "I really don't know. I mean physically he's fine but, mentally who knows. He told me that he remembered everything he did while the nogitsune was possessing him." She said quietly with a sad tone in her voice.

"You're worried?" He looked down at her and saw the inner turmoil she was going through. "I'm sure he'll be fine."

She didn't reply and the elevator stopped on her floor. The two got out and headed to her loft and opened the door. She looked at him and saw he was still waiting for her response. 

"You haven't known Stiles as long as I have and I know that everything he did is affecting him. I mean I couldn't even get close to him without tensing up." She sighed heavily taking off her coat and refused to look at him. "I saw this kid grow up Derek and he's like a little brother to me. And the fact that a part of me is scared of him just makes me feel guilty. Can you imagine how he feels? I know it wasn't him but it was still his face and his voice." She explained.

Derek had pulled into her arms during her explanation and saw the unshed tears in her eyes. It made his heart clench even though he wasn't the one responsible for those tears it still hurt. He didn't know what to say so he just held her.

The two knew that the nogitsune was still out somewhere holding Lydia hostage and doing who knows what. The thought that more people could die scared them even if they didn't voice it out. But, they couldn't imagine what Stiles was going through since it was his face, body, and voice being used to represent such a bad person.

☾☾☾☾

The following afternoon Derek had been in the preserve trying to see if he could pick up a scent on either Lydia or the nogitsune but there wasn't. That is until he caught the scent of gunpowder and rushed to it. He had found the twins on the ground and had immediately dragged them away from the bullets being shot at them.

Aiden looked up at the older wolf and was breathing heavily. "Where are we?"

"It's a coyote den. Stay quiet." Derek snipped as he kept a look out.

Ethan groaned from the pain. "Did you see the shooter? You know who it is?"

"No, I was a little busy." Derek said sarcastically. He gave them a look. "Who else did you two piss off?"

"We pissed off everyone. It was only a matter of time before someone caught up to us." Aiden muttered as he winced.

"Well, the bullets had Wolfsbane in them. So, if I don't get you two out of here soon, the poison is going to spread." Derek replied before walking away. "Stay quiet. I'll be back." He left to call Mia and Argent hoping they could help in some way. He asked Argent to help carry these back to his loft while Mia would be able to rid them of the wolfsbane.

☾☾☾☾

Mia followed silently behind both Derek and Chris who were each carrying one of the twins. They dropped them on the couch allowing Mia to check them over. Meanwhile, Derek approached Chris and handed him a couple of bullets. "I found these on the ground."

"This wasn't Araya, was it?" Chris asked as he took it from Derek's hand.

Derek shook his head as he let the former hunter examine them. "I don't think so. They don't look like her shells." He glanced at Mia and was busy listening to her conversation with the twins that he didn't hear Chris.

"That's not possible." Chris whispered in shock as he looked at the familiar shotgun bullet. They could only belong to one person especially since they were from his family. His phone rang making him jump a bit. It was his daughter. "Allison?"

"They found her. Scott found her, Dad. They found Lydia. I'm on my way."

"Allison, hold on. You have to wait." He said not liking her going off by herself without him to back her up.

"I can't, Dad."

"Allison, wait for me"

"There's no time. It's all ready night. There's no time, Dad."

"Wait, Allison, wait!" He began muttering curses before giving the two a glance. He didn't like the feeling he was getting. "I need to go." He said and rushed out of the loft not giving them a chance to reply.

Derek and Mia shared a worried look. They both had the same bad feeling in the pit of their stomachs. They felt as though something terrible was going to happen tonight.

☾☾☾☾

Derek looked at Mia who walked back over to the three of them after ending her conversation with Damien. He didn't know that Damien had gone with the group of teenagers to rescue Lydia so he just that Mia was informing the kitsune of the day's events. However when he saw the look on her face it made him think otherwise. Even Ethan and Aiden had straightened up ignoring the pain they were in. He took a step closer to her giving her a comforting look. "What happened?"

Mia had just gotten off the phone with Damien who finished telling her what went down between the nogitsune. She was relieved that they rescued Lydia and that she was safe, but what made her heartbreak a little was the news he gave her. It wasn't for herself but for her younger brother who was going to need her more than ever. Especially now.

The brunette looked up at and saw the impatient look on the twins faces and the comforting look on Derek's face. She took a breath before releasing the news to the three males in the room who froze in shock.

"Allison is dead."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 351 25
'BROKEN' (of a person) having giving up all hope; despairing TAYLOR was a loner, a nobody, ever since the death of her mother she had been that way...
5.6K 173 20
"I felt your pain, Derek." she whispered. "The moment the alpha impaled you, I felt it." "Calista." he said, his voice dominant and yet full of care...
7.7K 218 24
Scott McCall has been a werewolf for a few months now, but his life hasn't really gotten any easier since he defeated Peter. His crush still doesn't...
15.1K 958 29
Stiles likes to think his life is semi normal. Not completely but semi. He could deal with werewolves, banshees, kanimas, and everything else that go...