Shelter: I'm Not Alone

Da Shena-kun

A 17-year-old girl named Rin, who finds herself living in a virtual reality world. Each day, she uses a table... Altro

((Music Video))
((Introduction))
|| Prologue ||

|| Chp. 1 - Encountering Delusions ||

686 26 10
Da Shena-kun

[Write a message at the text box below]

~Beep~

<< Inserting text... >>

~•~•~•~•~•~

To: Dad
From: Rin

Log #2

I remember my favorite story you always telling me while you're grooming my hair.

A story of a man and a woman that will pledge to each other by accepting their fates and love unconditionally.

Wearing a matching golden rings, releasing two lovely doves at the sky, and seal them with an eternal kiss...

A story of your first wedding... You and mom.

I always create this thought like what does it feels like to have a partner in life and achieve the goal of being an adult?

Well... It's funny that I became jealous at mom because of that wedding. Surely it's because I'm too young at those time.

I probably know why mom chose you because you're so attractive, inside and out.

If only I can experience the way you did on your wedding day with Mom. I'll be so happy if I can wear a wonderful angelic gown.

More or less, I'll be waiting numerous days to reach the right age to marry one.

A special one indeed.

... But, as I was not expecting the time. It turns out that it was too early for me to develop feelings at him...

Message Sent

~•~•~•~•~•~
♥♥♥
~•~•~•~•~•~

It feels weird when I touch him...

I stared at his body for quite some time, dumbstrucked, before I can do any necessary aide.

I know he felt that critical blow, but I can't go near to him any further.

My feet were deeply planted at the place. Thousands of trembling nerves were going active inside me as I was scared. Harshly scared.

I don't know what will he do to me once I approached to him. It's been a long time I've seen a boy in my life... Which he might be the same age as me.

I was there, standing still while hugging my tablet with tension and started to make dual-choices.

'Should I help him..?' The first choice I made in quick seconds. But it will be risky If do that.

'Or... I wait until he returned back his consciousness?' I made the last possible idea as I quiver my lips and lean my body forward in a short angle to have a better view of the body.

Messy black hair, and has an average body build wearing an astronaut (kinda) suit. I glanced around the crater he just made and saw a series of broken fragments laying on the ground that comes from his equipments.

"Hnngh..."

"!" I leaped in surprise when he suddenly groaned in pain, tilting his body in a small measurement to comfort his suffering.

Due to his change in position while holding his left shoulder with his right arm. I can see his face more detailed than before.

A face that was... closely similar with dad.

He tried to open his eyes, but ends up failing because of the increasing intensity at the wounds he received.

Nevertheless, I should help him.

"A-Are you okay?" I stammered, asking him a question with nervousness.

"..." No response, he just whine at his pain on the muddy ground.

"A-ah... Please wait until I get back!" Panic barged in my mind, and it gave me a huge adrenaline rush as I ran like a speeding leopard back to my virtual shelter.

~•~•~•~•~•~
★ Satoru's POV ★
~•~•~•~•~•~

Argh... How did I end up here?

I asked myself as I make an attempt to recover the memories before I end up in this place.

Sadly, whenever I think. The pain would get even stronger and I will eventually scream because it's too unbearable to handle.

With that, I decided that I won't make a single movement until I can heal myself in a slow recovery. I was lying there on the ground - the cold touch of the mud tangent the surface of my back and tiny rocks pinched every exposed skin of my body.

"Where...?"

I tried to raise my hand upwards to block the blinding sunlight directly hitting my eyes. This place is very familiar to me.

"Sun? Am I... In earth?"

Impossible... I pinched the bridge of my nose, and massaged it.

That Planet has been demolished years ago. Yet... The trees.. The waterfall... The sky... The sun... Why am I seeing those right now?

It must be a dream...

"Argh..." Suddenly, I flinched. The wounds are getting serious as time pass by.

I guess it's not ...

The pain continues to bite my body, every fiber of muscles tangled as my head became heavier than before. The sky is spinning rapidly.

Somehow. It's getting blurry.

I've released my final breath before fainting at the moisty mud pool.

Alas, the moment I was losing consciousness again. I've heard heavy footsteps coming towards me and screamed in a female voice.

Too bad. I was knocked down before noticing her.

"Brother! Why?! Don't leave me here!"

"I can't. You need to go!"

"But--"

"Idiot! Enter the emergency pod right now!"

"How about you? Mom? Dad?"

"Don't worry about me! I'll be fine."

"..."

"Pff, stop making tears at your eyes. Who do you think I am? Your brother never break promises!"

"..."

"*sigh* here, take this."

"*sniff*... Your gaming console?"

"Remember the times I won't lend you to play my game although I never played it? From now on, you'll be the one to finish for me."

"Brothe--"

"Promise me you finish the game. You hear me?"

"*nods*"

"Good. I'll return when you finished it. Now go!"

After entering the space pod. With frail hands of a 10-years old boy, holding a retro-style gaming console. The figure from the land below, is slowly disappearing as I boosted up in a great height until I've reached the land of the extraterrestrial beings.

Space.

Minutes and minutes. Hours and hours. Days and days. I waited.

I played the game he gave to me and struggled to finish it for weeks.

Mashing the buttons, sweating down like bullets, and ignoring my  health without any food or water to consume.

There, I was hoping. Hoping he'll come back once I defeat the last stage.

Until once it happened during the frozen milky way night. I exhaled after seeing "Victory" on the screen - I was bursting with joy and laughter. Which I never felt so happy before.

Sadly, my lonely laughter echoid inside the engine room. Fading away, then. I only realized that I was alone.

The lone survivor of this natural genocide.

But that wasn't the reason I became depressingly silent.

The main, and obvious explanation is... He never came back that day.

"H-Hello?"

The voice entered in my ears after I manage to open my eyes. But not completely opened.

Since I know that I'm alive and well, thanks to that dream. It triggers everytime I woke up from bed.

If you ask what is it. Consider it a traumatizing gift of mine from the past.

Anyways, I checked myself before examined where I am:

I'm feeling light.

Experiencing inevitable pain on my shoulder.

Itchy back.

-and a girl staring at my face.

"You're awake." She said softly and relieved as she placed down her tablet on the side. Letting a small tone of worryness between the lines.

In awe. I stared at her as well. It took me an akward amount of minutes to examine her assets.

But it's not the right time to do this bawling. I shook my head to fend off the thought and reassure if it's real or not. It might be a delusional dream. Because I never encounter a female for the past 7 years of my life.

Yet, once I shaked my head at the second time. She's still there. Glaring at me with her shining eyes.

I stammered, gulping down my confidence. "W-Who are you?"

(♥)

~•~•~•~•~•~
FAN ART #2

~•~•~•~•~•~

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I wish you can forgive me because I gave myself a short hiatus due to the stacks of my school works. But anyways! I'll be uploading some more after I published my new books. Smell ya' later!)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

319 38 3
HER PAST & HIS FUTURE -a tale of love, mystery and drama Ending up in a year three decades away from yours when you just wanted to visit a temple fro...
16.4K 179 12
"Survive by Low-key Stocking in Natural Disasters" Author: 1118 Link:https://www.52shuku.vip/yanqing/14_b/bjRuI.html   When she woke up, Xu Yan foun...
5.9K 285 200
Author:Shen Tianyi, 神天衣 Alternative names:TLE, 领主之兵伐天下 Genre:Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Harem, Martial Arts, Wuxia Source:Gravity Tales Status:Ongoi...
17.2K 333 116
Author: Bai Jiu Run a tavern and get more new items through gacha. Decorate your tavern, build farms and pastures, harvest a wide variety of produce...