Her Secret Father

By lulubell2002

Blair is a 25 year old who believes she doesn't need to have kids, get a husband, or get a boyfriend. She thi... More

Her Secret Father
Chapter 2- The Dress
Chapter 3- Who Does He Think He Is?!
Chapter 4- The Flower Girl
Chapter 5- 'Baby Got Back'
Chapter 6- Brothers
Chapter 7- Meet the Daddy
Chapter 8- Seth
Chapter 9- Superman or Batman??
Chapter 10- Cupcakes
Chapter 12- Big Girls Don't Cry
Chapter 13- Can't Catch A Break
Chapter 14- Life Isn't Fair
Chapter 15- I Just Want Her Back

Chapter 11- Princess Camden

9K 275 27
By lulubell2002

Her Secret Father

Chapter 11- Princess Camden

Blair's P.O.V.

"Bear!!! Up, Bear!!!" I heard in my half conscious state of mind. "Now, Bear!!"

I mumbled incoherently before rolling over and stuffing my face in to the side of the couch. In reply to my mumbling I got a groan of frustration, from who I am suspecting to be Aurora, and several jumps on my legs.

"Yes, Aurora?" I growled, finally opening my eyes to see Aurora grinning sheepishly at while she sat on my shins.

"Play!!" she screamed holding up a toy truck in her right hand and a princess doll in her left. I went to say yes, only to remember her head.

"Does your head feel okay, sweet pea??" I replied, concerning filling my features.

She nodded her head enthusiastically. "Play!!"

"Okay, okay, hold on, little missy." I smiled, carefully lifting her off my legs and onto the floor and getting up, only to gasp in pain and sit back down on the couch.

 "Kylah!!!" I shouted, needing her assistance.

"What?! Is everybody ok-" she trailed off as she saw me hunched over, my face contorted in pain. "Camden!!!"

Cam came running in and saw me hunched over with his wife rubbing my back soothingly. Understanding washed over his face as he ran over to the bag with my clothes in it by the door and grabbed my bottle of pills and a water bottle. He set them down on the side table quickly before grabbing Aurora and the two bags of toys, rushing her up the stairs and to his and Kylah's bedroom.

 "Fuck me, this hurts!" I growled, clamping my teeth shut again so I wouldn't scream. Why did this have to happen now, of all times?!

"Take your pills, babe." Kylah murmured, still rubbing my back as she thrust first my two pills and then the bottle of water into my hands. As I took my hands off my stomach I let another groan as the pain intensified, and quickly swallowed my pills.

"Thank you, Hun." I mumbled, not being able to talk any louder.

"Lay down, I'll go get you a wash rag for your forehead." she replied, wiping my hair out of my face caringly as she helped me lie down.

"Thank you." I gasped, clamping my teeth shut again immediately as another set of pain overtook my body.

"Don't worry about it, sweetie." she said, getting up to go get the wash rag.

"Bear! No, me want Bear!!" I heard Aurora wail from all the way upstairs. Guilt washed over me so heavily, it faded the pain, though for only a minute, as I heard her start to wail and sob. All I wanted to do was go up there and hold her until she stopped crying, but I knew getting up will only make the pain worsen, so I stayed laying on the couch.

"Why now, Kylah? I was finally...I mean I was happy, laughing and playing with Aurora was amazing and this stupid fucking pain had to go and ruin it for me. I wish it would just leave! I didn't do anything wrong! Don't even say other people have it worse out there either because I know they do. That's why I help so much, maybe if I do enough God will spare me and take the pain back." I asked Kylah when she came back with the wet wash rag.

She smiled at me sadly, "I don't think anything will take away the pain."

"A girl can hope, right?" I mumbled, becoming drowsy as my medication kicked in.

"Take a nap, babes. Aurora will still be here when you wake up." she reassured, before walking upstairs to go check on a crying Aurora and a frustrated Cam. I waited until Aurora stopped wailing to finally let my eyes droop close. About 20 minutes or so later, in my unconscious mind, I felt somebody lie next to me, snuggling into my chest. I wrapped my arms around whoever it was and let my peaceful dreams take me away to a world where everything is possible.

 ***2 hours later***

I groggily opened my eyes, only to snap them shut at the blinding light. I groaned quietly before sitting up and opening my eyes into a squint while they got use to the light.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty!" Kylah yelled the top of the stairs with Aurora on her hip.

"It's not morning." I grumbled, sitting up fully and smiling when I didn't feel any pain. I heard Kylah tell Aurora to be careful, though it was obvious that she didn't plan on listening as she ran, to the best of her ability, down the stairs and sat criss-cross-applesauce in front of me.

"Blair, okay?" Aurora smiled up at me cutely with her head cocked to the side in curiosity.

I chuckled softly at the sight before nodding my head. "I'm good, sweetheart."

"Can we play now?" the guilt quickly came crawling back into my stomach, trying to eat its way out of my body.

"Yeah we can play now. What game do you want to play?" I smiled through the grimace that my body so badly wanted to let out, and scooped her up off the ground, setting her on my hip.

"I show you." her response only made my smile widen into a grin, as she pronounced 'you' as 'ooo'.

"It's a deal, sweet pea." I kissed her forehead softly, starting my way up the stairs and passed a smiling Kylah.

"You are so strong." Kylah whispered as I passed her by. My only response was a roll of my eyes and a shrug of my shoulders.

 I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips at the site in front of me when I entered Cam and Kylah's room. Cam was sitting on his king sized bed in an extremely small pink tutu with red lipstick and other various make-up products smeared over his body and a silver tiara placed upon his head.

"Did you do this?" I asked Aurora, letting yet another round of giggles escape my lips. She nodded her head vigorously before wiggling herself out of my arms and ran over to Cam with a proud smile on her face. She then proceeded to explain to me what everything she did meant in gibberish, though I knew she was trying to say actual words.

I nodded my head just as enthusiastically as she had and agreed with whatever she was saying. "You did a beautiful job, sweet pea!" She giggled, jumping back into my arms after patting Cam's head like a dog.

 Cam got up, grumbling under his breath something like, "It's not that funny." and walked out of his room, most likely to go find Kylah so she could help him clean up. I picked up the two bags of toys off of his bed that sat against the far wall in between two side tables. Their walls were a comforting brown, all the furniture was white, and the bed had a brown and turquoise plaid bedspread with turquoise and brown pillows. I walked carefully back down the stairs and into the living room so Aurora and I would have more room to play. I carefully set her down on the floor in front of the television and then proceeded to do the same with myself.

"Want to show me the game now, sweet pea?" I asked, dumping the two bags of toys out in front of us and wincing at the loudness it made. She nodded her head eagerly, grabbing a toy from each pile and handed them to me.

"You is her and that. I is her and this." We continued to play her made-up game with her occasionally making her own rules. She was such a happy toddler.

"Sweet pea, it is time for bed." I said, regretting it instantly, as her smile fell from her face.

"No!!" she wailed, shaking her head vigorously.

"Yes, sweetie. You need to go to bed. I will read you a story if you want and you can listen to music as I sing to you." I replied, not wanting her to throw a tantrum.

She sighed heavily before holding her arms out, a universal sign that she wanted to be picked up. I pulled her into my arms and walked the 10 or so steps to the stairs quickly. I carefully pulled Aurora's head into the crook of my neck and finished the distance up the stairs and into the guest room that I was staying in. A pink princess crib was set up opposite to the queen size bed on the east wall. I made my way over to the bed and laid us both down. I quietly started telling her a made-up fairytale off the top of my head while soothingly running my fingers through her blonde curls. I finished the story with a cliché, "happily ever after", and started to sing 'Amazing Grace' to her just as my mom had done to me so long ago.

It was as I was finishing the song that she whispered, "Night, Bear." And her eyes finally closed.

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wrench like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind but now I see." I finished the last few lines to the song and tenderly kissed her forehead. "Good night, Sweet pea. Sweet dreams." I hesitantly lifted her into my arms, brought her over to her crib, and laid her down, careful not to jostle her sleeping form too much. I set the purple princess blanket over her small body and tucked her in. I kissed her forehead one more time before walking out of the room, not shutting the door fully so I would hear if she were to start crying. I sighed heavily and made my way back down the stairs and into the kitchen where Kylah and Camden were sitting at the table.

"Is she asleep?" Camden asked, his eyes alight with amazement at the thought that I got her to sleep so quickly. I nodded my head and carelessly shuffled over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. I took a sip of the refreshing drink, and shuffled back over to the table and sat down, opposite of Kylah.

"Are you okay, babes?" Kylah questioned, her eyebrows scrunched up with confusion.

"I am just dandy, though I am a tad bit tired." I mumbled, taking another sip of my water.

"Then go sleep, silly." Kylah laughed, shaking her head at me.

"I will in a minute. I have a question to ask you first." I compromised, hoping they would answer my question.

"What is your question?" Camden asked, wearily.

"Who are Aurora's parents?" I felt it in my gut as I asked the question, they weren't going to tell me. My suspicions were confirmed when both of their faces paled and they eyes widened in panic.

"Um..." Kylah answered at the same time Camden replied with a, "Well you see..."

"Forget I asked, but know that I will find out." I warned, turned on my heel and walked out of the kitchen with my water bottle in hand.

I trudged back up the stairs and into the room I was staying in. I walked over to Aurora's crib and made sure she was still sleeping before changing into a pair of old sweatpants and a greased up gray tank top. I climbed into the queen sized bed and snuggled into the purple and dark green plaid comforter. Only seconds later my eyes closed and the darkness of a deep slumber captured me in their arms, refusing to let go until I had at least 8 good hours of rest.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

4 hours later- It's now 12:00 a.m.

I was awoken by a horrifying scream. I jumped out of the bed and looked around, panic settling into my body, adrenaline pumping through my veins. Realization flooded through me when I saw the sight in front of me. Aurora was thrashing around in her crib, screaming at the top of her lungs, obviously having a nightmare. I rushed over to her and took her in my arms, effectively waking her up.

"Shh, sweetheart. I'm right her, sweet pea." I murmured soothingly into her hair as I rocked her back and forth, bouncing slightly on the balls of my feet. She slowly started to stop her numerous wails and sobs as I started to sing a song that I hoped would sooth her fears.

"I remember tears streaming down your face, when I said, "I'll never let you go." When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone" but all that's dead and gone and passed tonight. Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound. Don't you dare look out your window darling, everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on. Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone. Gone. Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound." I sang softly into her ear and by the time I was done singing, she was fast asleep once again.

I sighed in relief and set her back down in her crib after wiping the rest of her tears of her precious face. I re-tucked her in and trudged back to the bed, hoping to go back to sleep. I crawled under the comforter for the second time tonight and closed my eyes only to sigh and roll over to get more comfortable. After minutes of restless shuffling, I was succumbed once again in the hands of the conniving darkness. *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Kylah's P.O.V.

Camden and I were woken by an ear-piercing scream that had us both on our feet and rushing towards the door to the guest room. Although it was soon quiet, you could distinctly hear a voice singing to a terrified Aurora.

"Blair has everything under control. Let's go back to bed." Camden told me, pulling on my arm with a frustrated look on his face.

"No, babe, you have got to see this. It is truly amazing." I replied, pulling him back in front of the door, as I silently opened it so there was just enough space so we could see. Blair was rocking Aurora gently in her arms with her eyes closed and singing 'Safe and Sound' by Taylor Swift to her. Aurora had her head tucked into Blair's neck and her thumb tucked in her mouth, her eyes drooping considerably.

"She's amazing at this." Camden mumbled, his voice laced with awe.

"I know, I want her to be our baby's God mother." I admitted, hoping he would agree with me. This was one argument I didn't want to have.

"I agree. She's exceptional at what she does." he agreed, kissing my neck affectionately.

"Let's go back to bed now, sweetheart." I nodded my head softly and closed the door silently. I walked back to my bedroom with my hand in Camden's, my mind somewhere else completely. A place where Blair had bunches of kids, all of them giggling or smiling. She is going to be a wonderful mother someday, I just had to give her a small shove in the direction of love before it was too late.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Brayden's P.O.V.

Today was a bunch of fun, spending time with my family but something was missing. It was midnight and I just couldn't get myself to sleep as I tossed and turned in bed. Multiple times today I have had to stop myself from picking up my phone and calling Camden to check on her. I sighed loudly and reached over to grab my phone off my bedside table. I've been lying her for over two hours trying to sleep consume me to no avail.

"Still not sleeping, Brayden?" My sister, Grace, asked, stepping into my room. I shook my head silently, looking up at her in the faint light the moon bestowed us with.

Grace was the quieter, more observant one of my three sisters. She had black wavy hair that fell only slightly passed her shoulders and dark, midnight blue eyes inherited from my father. She and Harley, my youngest sister, inherited my mother's extravagant midnight blue eyes, while Madelynn and I inherited my father's vibrant forest green ones. Grace was the smallest out of all of us, only being 5'1". She and I were also the closest out of all of us. We were only a year apart and we told each other everything. We both got my father's charcoal black hair and his horrid eyesight. While she had glasses at all times for her near-sighted vision, I had glasses for reading and contacts that I wore at all times for my near-sighted vision.

"Why aren't you asleep, Gracie?" I asked, my voice concerned.

"I'm just worried about Harley. She has a new boyfriend and he is a horrible person. Brayden you have got to talk to her about him. He is going to hurt her, whether it be physically or mentally I'm unsure but he is going to hurt her." she whispered, closing my door and coming to sit next to me on my bed.

I growled under my breath at the thought of someone hurting my baby sister. "I will talk to her before I leave tomorrow. I might even have meet him before I'm gone." I reassured her, putting my arm around her and letting her rest her head on my shoulder.

"What has got your panties in a bunch, mister?" she teased, chuckling at her own joke.

"I miss my daughter." my words held an unmistakable sadness. Gracie's arm wrapped itself around my waist, holding on tight.

"Why didn't you bring her with?" she replied with a 'duh' tone.

"Camden insisted that I spend time with you guys while they looked after her." I grumbled, hanging my head in defeat.

"What did I say about giving in to peer pressure?!" she mock-scolded, slapping me upside the head.

"Ouch, Gracie!" I whined, but then started to laugh hysterically.

"Have you lost your mind?" she asked, her face genuinely concerned.

"I knew she reminded me of someone." I gasped out between fits of laughter.

"Um, may I ask who you are talking about?" her eyebrows were raised and her arms crossed, showing she meant business.

"Her name is Blair, oh man is she beautiful. The first time we met she yelled at me and then proceeded to hit me in the head. We went out a couple times, I really like her." I replied, finally able to control my laughter.

"Ladies and gentleman, it is a miracle!! Brayden Ryland Jennings finally likes someone!!" her words held amusement but her eyes told me she was proud and happy for me.

"Yes, it is such a miracle." sarcasm laced every word I spoke, but truth be told, it really was a miracle.

"I'm happy for you, big brother. I'm going to go try to sleep. You should do the same." she smiled at me, kissed my cheek and then walked out of my room.

I laid back down in bed with a groan. Now that I mentioned her, I could no longer stop thinking about Blair. Knowing I wasn't going to be able to fight the reoccurrence of her face in my mind, I let it happen. I remembered her beautiful smile as she smiled genuinely at me for the first time, the way her face scrunched up in an adorable way when she was frustrated or confused, but most of all I remembered the content look on her face as she danced with my little princess at Camden's wedding. I once again leaned over to the side table to grab something, but this time it was my wallet. I opened it up and pulled out the picture I have carried around since she was born. It was a picture of her and I the day she was born. That was the best day of my life.

"Good night and sweet dreams, Aurora, my little princess." I murmured, kissing the photograph and setting it back on the side table, finally able to let the darkness consume me.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Thank you so much for reading!! I hope I did okay with Brayden's P.O.V. I was super worried about it. So y'all finally get to know who Aurora's daddy is, if you didn't already guess it. I love both songs that were used in this chapter. 'Amazing Grace' was actually my baby song and 'Safe and Sound' is just a beautiful song. I will be uploading next weekend, but may upload before then if I get enough votes/comments. The more I get the more motivated I am to write so Vote, Comment, and maybe fan me;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9M 485K 31
When Corinna Evans' mother is sent to prison, Corinna has nowhere else to go so she moves back in with her father and his family. Determined to make...
129 14 5
(UPDATES ON HIATUS) Ezra is not your average high school student. He has a life-changing secret--he is a dragon, and not from this realm. But instead...
3.2K 129 21
Melody didn't know her real parents. She's lived with her guardian Betty her whole life. She's content and happy, but thats about to change. Her worl...
1.6M 102K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...