The BadBoy Next Door

By kay_1743

Things were never the same for her after her mother died, when it came to trying to please her family while a... More

The BadBoy Next Door
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
EPILOUGE
SEQUEL

Chapter 11

100K 2.8K 634
By kay_1743

STEPHANIES POV

I roll over in my bed dreading getting up. I take a deep breath and open my eyes only to see that I am not in my room. What the, where am I?

"Oh good you are up." His voice, weird how I have come so familiar with that voice. I look over to see him walking through the door. Memories of last night suddenly come rushing through my head and I start shaking. Everything my sister said, walking to the park, talking to Andrew, those men. Oh my god.

I start shaking more and that's when I know it's going to happen again. No, no, no, please don't. I try to calm down but I can't, I close my eyes but it doesn't help. The next thing I know is that I feel him arms around me and I calm down a little. I open my eyes to see Carter and I am now sitting on top of him griping his shirt. This feels so familiar, I feel safe, warm. Why? I sit there for a moment then I get off his lap, this is weird.

He stands up quickly after me and scratches the back of his neck. So he feels the awkwardness too, good.

"Uh, do you um want some breakfast?" He says looking everywhere but me.

I look at him for a second, kind of enjoying him looking and acting so nervous. I have so many questions going through my head about last night and what happen, but I choose to not ask right now. I guess he sensed what I was thinking.

"I can answer whatever you want at breakfast." He said when I was about to open my mouth to ask him questions.

This time he looks right at me and I couldn't help but notice how breath taking his eyes are. I don't want to look away but I have to. I just nod because I have a feeling I would say something weird and make it more awkward for the both of us.

He leads us downstairs into the kitchen and I see someone making what looks like breakfast. I guess she heard us come in because she stops and turns around. She looks just like Carter, his mom I'm guessing.

She walks over to me.

"Hi, I'm Carters mom Charlotte. It's nice to meet you." She smiles brightly.

"Hi, I'm Stephanie. Thank you for uh letting me staying here. I don't really remember last night much." I say feeling embarrassed. 

"Oh no problem sweetie." She smiles again then give a look to Carter. Hmm I wonder what that was.

"Breakfast is almost ready. I hope you are hungry." She smiles a big smile and I can help but smile too. She seems so happy and nothing like how Carter is. I nod and she goes back to making the food. We both take a seat at the table and she brings over a big plate of pancakes.  We eat in silence for a minute and then his mom comes back.

"Well I have to go run some errands. It was lovely to meet you Stephanie." She says giving me a big smile again. 

"It was nice to meet you too Miss. Samuels. And thank you for breakfast." I smile at her.

"Oh you are welcome. And call me Charlotte."  I nod and she says bye to Carter and is out the door.

We sit in silence for what seems like forever before I speak.

"So last night, I only remember some things but I want to know how I ended up here." I say finally breaking the ice.

He doesn't look up, just stares at his plate.

"What do you remember?" He finally says and looks up at me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes then open them again.

"I remember going downstairs to get something to eat, then my sister yelling at me and saying things. Then I ran outside and started walking. I remember going to a park then these two guys- they uh-" I stop, I can't even say it.

He closes his eyes. "No they didn't, they didn't rape you." I flinch at those words but look at him. How does he know I was going to say that?

"Wait how do you know?" I ask him.

"I was walking home and I saw them. I didn't know it was you but when I did I wasn't just going to let those dicks just do that. So I stopped them before they could do anything." He is silent after that. He looks down at his plate again.

He stopped them? I know that it seems shocking that I am surprised he would stop them, I don't know why I am honestly. Any decent human would stop someone from getting raped if they saw it, but knowing that it was Carter gave me a feeling I couldn't explain even if you asked me. 

"Thank you." Is all I can manage to say as I reach across the table to gran his hand. I could say so much more but I doubt he would want to hear it. He still doesn't speak; he just looks at me, like he is trying to find something. I don't know how long we stayed like this but I know that I don't want it to end.

I pull my hand away and take a deep breath. 

"I think I better be going." I am about to stand up but he speaks.

"Wait! There- there is something else." He looks down again debating on whether to say it or not. I wait for him to speak, I want him to say it but it seems like he doesn't want to.

"Carter, you don't have to." I say because he really doesn't need to, as much as I truly want to know it seems as though it is painful for him to say it. 

"No I do, you need to know." I'm kind of scared to know now.

"Uh okay, just tell me then. Honestly it's okay." He looks up at me and I give him a reasserting smile.

"I want-I want to be friends..." He looks up at me. He wants to be friends? Well that's not what I expected. Why would he want to be friends with me? I thought we hated each other? Well I wouldn't say that, I didn't exactly hate him I just didn't like him that much. Could we be friends? Would that even work?

"That was stupid just forget it." He gets up and puts our stuff in the sink and just stands there griping the counter. I get up and slowly walk over to where he stands. He seems to me so lost in his thoughts, his eyes are closed but his face is tense. I hope what I am about to say is the right choice and that I won't regret it. 

"I would love to be friends." I say louder than I would have liked.

As soon as the words come out of my mouth he turns his head to me. I smile at him and I could have sworn he smiled back at me. I wish he would smile more; it really is nice to see that instead of his stupid smirk. I don't really know what to do from here but I do have a couple questions for him and I hope he answers.

"Why?" I ask.

He looks confused.

"Why what?"

"Why did you bring me here? And why do you want to be friends with me? We weren't exactly nice to each to each other when we met and now all of a sudden you want to be friends. Why?" I ask him because I have truly been wondering that the whole time. 

He seems taken back by my questions, and I can tell he is trying to find a way to answer them.

"I took you here because I didn't think it would be good to take you back to your house while your sister was having her party." He stops and takes a deep breath. "I want to be your friend because....then maybe I wouldn't be tempted to hit on you all the time." He says trying to act tough again. 

I laugh at that, a real laugh that I haven't done in a while.

"What?" He says.

"I have feeling you will do that anyway." I say in between laughs. He looks at me and he has smile on his face too. Maybe this will be okay after all.

CARTERS POV

Her laugh, it's a great sound. Her smile, when she smiles at me is just...wow. I really have this bad, I need to hang out with my guys soon.

I couldn't ask her about what she was talking about when she ran out of the house. I definitely  couldn't tell her like I may like her either. I had to cover it up somehow so I said I wanted to be friends. I mean I do want to be friends with her but I don't usually have friends that are girls, I have girls that I hook up with and that's it. This is going to be interesting for me, having to try and be friends with her and not try anything. What sucks is that she is already changing me and she has no idea.

"Well I think I really should be going." Her voice brings me out of my thoughts. I don't want her to go but it would be weird if I asked her to stay.

When I talked to my mom this morning about things she told me to ask her about what she said when she ran outside, but how do I ask her? What if after I ask her she doesn't want to be friends? My god Carter you are turning into such a girl.

"Wait, I have on more things to ask." I can't stop the words from coming out of my mouth before they do. 

She turns around to face me again and just nods. I take a deep breath; I need to think on how to word this. When I think of it I speak but I can't look at her, if I do I would say and possibly do something stupid.

"Last night, I saw you run out of your house crying, I was just coming home then and I heard you talking-" I stop cause I heard her gasp, I look up and see her eyes are wide, oh no.

"What did you hear?" Her voice is low and not as happy as it usually sounds. Great, good job stupid.

"I heard everything you said. Then you started walking so I followed you and I found you just in time when those guys came." I finish and look at her, waiting to see how she is going to react.

"I uh- umm." She stammers out. See looks so worried and panicked. Why did I have to say anything? Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut about it and leave it alone? But nope, and I can't even keep it shut now.

"Did you mean it?" I pause. "What you said?" She looks at me not sure of what to say. I take a step closer to her.  She doesn't move. I take another step to her. "Tell me you didn't mean it." I take one last step and I am inches from her face. We never lose eye contact and she still stays silent.

"I-I don't know if I meant it." She looks down and I bring my hand under her chin to look at me. A tear slips down her cheek and I wipe it away. She closes her eyes at my touch and I so badly want to take away the pain she is feeling. I don't know why I feel so protective over her but I do, I can't stand the thought of someone hurting her in anyway.

"Look at me." I whisper. She hesitates and then opens her eyes. Her eyes are what make me loose it. I have to tell her, I don't care that we are supposed to be just friends. I can't take not telling her now.

"I will protect you Stephanie, I'm not going to let anyone or anything hurt you." It's not everything that I want to tell her but it's all I'm going to say for now; I don't want to risk anything.

She looks at me, she doesn't say anything and I'm starting to get nervous. What if saying that wasn't the right things. What if I should have just kept that to myself? Just when I'm about to say something again I feel her hand on my cheek. I closed my eyes as that feeling came again, just that simple thing had me going crazy. Why does she do this to me?

"Do what to you?" Her voice was soft and sweet, I opened my eyes.

"You make me crazy Stephanie." I admit and I don't care. With her I feel as though I can say anything and she wouldn't judge me on it. She wouldn't think it is weird considering I am supposed to the bad boy. With her nothing else matters and I am not afraid to admit it anymore.

"So what are you going to do about it Carter?"

She's trying to play a game. I feel as though she's not like this often, that maybe I only make her do this. If I am that is something I would love, to be the only one to make her feel this way. I know I make her nervous, she won't admit it but I know I do. The way she is looking at me, how her hand has moved to my arm. I have one hand on her waist and we are so close. She wants to know what I'm going to do? Well fuck this friend thing.

So I kiss her, right then and there I kiss her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wow it's 2014 how crazy!

Well here is the first chapter of the new year. I was writing all day just for you guys:)

I know I said I was going to give more detail of the accident but I have a whole new idea. Do you guys like how I switch the POV? I feel like it helps when you get to read what Carter is thinking.

So I hope you guys enjoy this chapter I feel like this one may just be my favorite.

I do have one question for you guys, would anyone be willing to make a trailer for this book? If so let me know in the comments and we can maybe even have a contest out of it. So let me know!

If I can get 10 votes and 10 comments I will update. You guys barely comment so if you want another chapter please do it. Not to be mean but I want to know what you think of the story.

So thank you and enjoy1 Much love<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 8.2K 82
Makayla always liked August since high school but was scared because August was a bad boy and player she never thought she was good enough to get hi...
1.2K 48 36
Hayley has always been a girl who guys are easily attracted too. With her confidence and her looks for anyone on the outside it was easy to see why...
328K 14.1K 26
Dove has been carrying a secret from her parents and feeling like they don't care anymore, she becomes isolated. Hawk notices things about Dove when...
576K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...