The Obsession

By Rae_1013

"I made the choice a long time ago." Built with passion caused with obsession, feelings that grew within t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
The Obsession
The Interlude

Chapter 21

3.3K 162 12
By Rae_1013

Sirena was at a hospital. She didn't know how she ended up there or when. She didn't know what to do, she simply sat on the bed, her muscles sore and arms limp.

"Ms. Bay?" The therapist clicked on her pen. "Is there anything else you would like to say? I can help you if you open up more."

"How am I supposed to say more if I don't remember what happened?" Sirena snapped softly. "Go away, I don't need your damn help."

"Ms. Bay, your parents sent me here to help you." The therapist looked at her with a soft look.

"I don't need help. Go away before I call security." Sirena grumbled at her. They had been at this whole 'session' for hours. It was pissing her off.

The therapist sighed and got up, her heels clicking on the ground as she left. Sirena laid her head against the bed frame and gripped the bed sheets.

What had happened to her? She didn't know anything. The doctors told her that she simply had forgotten about a few things, but she knew that he was lying. Sirena heard the doctor talking to her parents about how they checked her body and confirmed that she was drugged to lose every bit of her memory. Sirena could hear her parents every night, wanting to be let inside her room.

She didn't let anyone. She only wondered about what had happened to her and Cress and Alaska.

She hasn't seen any of them since she arrived at the hospital. Sirena also thought that something was wrong. She thought that they were missing another person, but she couldn't find out who it was. She just shrugged it off.

After all, it was only her, Cress, and Alaska.

—————

When Crescent had arrived from the airport, she had reporters swarming around her everywhere. She was being guarded by a few policemen and was taken into the police station where her parents soon arrived, as well with Nicholo.

"Crescent!" Her mother sobbed as she hugged her daughter tightly.

Cress didn't hug back, she only pulled back pushed her mother away. Cress turned around and sat on the chair, facing the person at the counter desk.

The policeman looked up at Crescent's parents and back to her. "Ms. Maxwell, your parents are here. Don't you recognize them?"

"I do." She said bitterly. "But I don't have time to hug them and say how much they mean to me, because they don't, officer."

"Call me Parker." He sent her a little grin.

"Listen, Parker, I need to know what happened to me." Crescent leaned forward.

"Crescent," her father grabbed her shoulder lightly. "Calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She slapped his hand away from her. She quickly turned to Parker,"Where are my friends?"

"Ms. Maxwell, please calm down." Parker got up from his seat and grabbed her arm.

"Cress," Nicholo stepped out, his eyes shining with confusion and happiness from seeing her. "Let's take you home."

"I don't want to go back home, Nicholo." She spat his name bitterly. "I need to know what the hell happened to me-"

"Crescent Moon!" Her mother glared daggers at her. "Do not use that language out in public!"

"So what?" She scowled. "It's my life, Violet. And also, the only people here is this officer, Nicholo, and you two, this isn't public!" Cress exclaimed while saying her mother's name.

"Crescent, don't use that tone with your mother." Her father warned. "I canceled my whole weekend on planning a new movie just to spend time with you, don't make me regret it."

"If you're so damn busy then go, Gerald!" She used her father's name. "I don't need you around to lecture me! You've never been around, you're always traveling with Violet, leaving me behind with a stupid, gold digging babysitter!"

"Crescent, that's enough." Her mother glared.

"You know what? Why even bother to have me when you don't even need me?" Crescent muttered angrily as she shoved her parents away from her, slamming the police door shut as she made her way outside.

She rolled her eyes and stopped short at the paparazzi. They had seen everything, they had listened to their conversation and took recordings to it.

She fumed silently as she got into her car and slammed the door shut, ignoring the paparazzi and taking off, heading over to her house. The very one she hasn't seen for months.

As Crescent went upstairs to her bedroom, she grabbed a large bag and stuffed clothes in it. She grabbed her toiletries, spare shoes, and a wad of cash that she had been saving from her fights.

Crescent slung the bag over her shoulder, walking outside and driving off.

She pulled up next to an old house that she owned. Crescent got out of the car and trudged towards it, taking in some similar features.

She had worked her ass off to save up money to buy this little house to call home. She didn't need anything else, it was good enough for her.

She was not going back to her old home again.

—————

"Your name is Alaska Grant?" The detective asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes," she replied. "I'm nineteen years old."

"Do you remember anything that had happened from these past few months, Alaska?" He asked, ready to write down on a notebook.

"No... I do not."

"Really? Nothing at all?"

"None, I don't remember anything." She was about to get irritated. Alaska has been inside this damn room for hours, answering useless questions about her and what she did.

"Do you not also remember what you did back there?"

"No! I don't, okay?" She exclaimed at him. "Can I be let out now?"

"A few more question, please." He frowned at her.

"No, no more questions. All of this is stupid! What do you want me to say? That I remember everything? Because I sure as hell don't!" She snorted. "For a detective, you sure are dumb as hell for not listening to the doctors that say I have amnesia."

She saw his hands gripping the notebook tightly and gave out a smug smile. "What's wrong? You don't seem too happy."

"Shut up!"

"Oh? I thought you wanted me to answer your questions." She raised an eyebrow.

He sighed in irritation. "You don't remember anything at all?"

"I just freaking told you! I don't! Some detective you are," she scoffed at him.

He was about to exclaim at her again when the door opened up, revealing officer Parker and Crescent.

"You sure you know this girl?" Parker asked Cress.

She nodded at him and looked over to the detective. "Yes, I'll take her. She's an old friend."

"Very well then," he sighed as Alaska sent a smug grin over to the detective and walked over to Crescent.

"Bye!" Alaska snickered.

As they got in the car, Crescent rolled her eyes. "Did you have fun in there, Alaska?"

"Nope." She shook her head and put on her seat belt. "So how'd you find me?"

"I asked Parker if he knew where you were," she replied while driving off. "What did you talk about there anyways?"

"Nothing much. He was asking me useless questions-"

"You saying that you don't remember your memories, am I correct?" Crescent glanced over to her before looking out at the road.

"Yeah... I don't remember anything." Alaska sighed. "What about you? You surely know what's going on."

"I have no clue. All I remember was waking up in a plane and just walked inside the airport. I thought that maybe you knew what was happening."

"Then what about Sirena? Haven't you talked to you?"

"No, I have not. I don't even know where Sirena is at."

"I heard that she was at the hospital."

"Hospital?"

Alaska shrugged her shoulders. "It's what I heard."

"Alright then." Cress rolled her eyes. "Next stop, the hospital."

—————

"What the hell do you mean you don't remember?" Sirena furrowed her brows at the two girls in front of her. "You two don't remember anything?"

"Ugh." Alaska groaned. "For the love of... I don't remember anything! I thought you knew what happened!"

"As you can see, I don't! I'm currently in this hospital bed, getting ready for surgery, and thinking that I'm losing my mind!"

"Surgery? For what?" Crescent asked.

"My leg, it appears to be broken again." Sirena rolled her eyes.

"Again? What do you mean again?" Cress surely didn't remember Sirena braking her leg. If she did, she would have known a long time ago.

"Yeah... the doctors told me that my leg had been injured badly before. This is probably the second or third time it's broken." Sirena grumbled. "Anyways, what about you two? Anything happened?"

"Well, I guess I can say that I'm officially homeless." Alaska started off. "The policemen have no information about me, they don't have records on me. They don't know if I had parents or not. I don't even have a finger print identification. It's like I never existed in the world."

"That's sucks." Sirena said.

"Not really."

"So what about you Crescent?" Sirena focused her attention to her. "Did you see your parents?"

"Unfortunately," she grimaced. "Even Nicholo was there."

"Nicholo?" Alaska murmured. She had heard of that before. But where? Alaska shrugged it off, she must've heard it somewhere else. It wasn't important.

"So?" Sirena urged.

"Well, I'm basically like Alaska now. I'm not living at my parents' place anymore."

"You're homeless?" Alaska asked.

"Not exactly. You see, I have an old building where I'm living for now. I pay the rents and stuff so I don't really have to worry about anything. It's not as fancy as my old one, but it will do." Crescent explained to them. Her gaze shifted over to Alaska,"I can also let you stay at my place."

"Really? You don't mind?"

"Nah. I'd like the company."

"Thanks!"

Sirena smiled at them, but then frowned. "Are we missing someone? I think we are."

"I'm sure that we are not," Cress shook her head. "It's just been the three of us. Right?"

"I guess." Alaska murmured. "Anyways, we'll get going Sirena. We'll be back in a few hours and see how your surgery went, see you soon."

"Bye." Cress waved goodbye.

—————

Lyra sat quietly on a bench, a black hoodie covering her face. She watched as Crescent and Alaska walk out of the hospital, talking quietly. She smiled at them and looked over to the window, the room where Sirena was staying at.

"Mistress?" A wave of blonde hair and blue highlights appeared before her. Lyra looked up to see Penelope, holding up some snacks for her. "We have to go in a minute, the master wants us."

"Tell him that I need a few more minutes." Lyra responded while getting up and walking towards the hospital.

"Mistress, you can't go inside." Penelope jogged besides her.

"I just.... need a moment to see Sirena." Lyra muttered to her. "Just a quick glance and I'll disappear. Don't worry."

Penelope sighed,"Alright, fine. Just one glance and we have to go."

Lyra didn't nod, she simply walked inside, her hoodie covering her face. As Lyra passed a few patient and nurses, she stopped right in front of Sirena's door and cracked it open a little. She smiled in relief when she saw her, sleeping peacefully in the bed.

Lyra swallowed hard as she choked back tears. She softly closed the door and headed back to Zero with Penelope, her thoughts swarming with sadness.

That was it. That was the last time Lyra would ever see Sirena, Crescent, and Alaska. It was better for them anyways, they had better futures ahead of them.

Besides thinking of her friends, Lyra thought about her parents. Her mother would be sad and her father would be confused to why their daughter hasn't appeared yet. Lyra hoped that her friends wouldn't even recognize her parents, but the drugs could only do so much to wipe their memories away.

"Always..." Lyra mumbled to herself as she remembered her friends saying that word. "Sorry guys, always isn't gonna happen."

Lyra was soon inside Zero's car and took off the hoodie. She met up with a pair of bright green eyes staring at her with worry.

"Did anyone see you? You didn't put your hoodie down, right?" He quickly began to worry.

"No one saw me." She leaned her head against the car window as it drive off. "I didn't take my hoodie down."

Zero nodded and placed an arm around her, kissing her temple. "How was it?"

"Hard. I never realized how much I will miss them."

"Remember, you're doing this for their safety. Once we get rid of the attacker, you can finally meet up with your friends." Zero gave her a reassuring smile.

"Please don't tell me you're going to kill him or her." Lyra groaned.

"Whatever works best." He shrugged.

"Seriously, don't kill for me."

"But isn't it better to get rid of that person forever? I don't want to lock that person up in jail, that's basically mercy for him or her." He scoffed.

Lyra rolled her eyes and lifted up her head away from the window, turning around to face him. "Zero, I really don't want you to-"

Lyra was cut by Zero, cupping her face with his hands and giving her a quick kiss.

She blushed, but pulled away. "What are you doing?"

"Distracting you, obviously. Is it working?"

"Not really." She lied, trying to push him away.

Zero rolled his eyes at her. "You know you like it."

"Whatever," she scoffed. "So, where are we heading to?"

"Nowhere really. If you want, we can stay here, you have to be kept hidden. Wear hoodies all the time when you go outside, not talking to anyone, make sure no one sees you." He rambled on. "Also to mention the fact that there's a serial killer going after you... no biggie."

Ironic. How freaking ironic.

"That stuff doesn't matter." She quickly dismissed that thought. "As long as I get to visit this place once in a while, I wouldn't really mind where we'll go."

Zero sent her a smile and wrapped his arm around her. "I have this place in mind, but I don't know if you'd like to live there with me."

"Why not?"

"For starters, you barely know me still." He chuckled at her.

He surprising was right. She had spent months with him, being locked up, sometimes getting to go outside, but she never really knew anything about him when he knows all about her.

Lyra frowned and nodded. "Wow, I actually don't know much about you. Well then, what's your real name?"

Zero smiled at her. "Adam. Call me, Adam."

—————

Bam! Finished this chapter in a day! Anyways, hopefully you all liked this!

VOTE-COMMENT 😘 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 184 23
Everyone makes mistakes, we should forgive them right. But if their mistake is at the expense of your life should we? Eris' life has been complicated...
190K 1.3K 180
Almost 200 short stories to get your blood pumping, your skin crawling and your mind racing. Nostalgic, interesting, current, real-life experiences i...
1.2K 57 54
sometimes people fall in love with things they hated before and sometimes they hate things that they loved once
1.3M 51.3K 72
❛ he had loved her for years, centuries, eons even. he had loved her from the very first touch, fro...