Twisted

By jazmennn_

Micah Grayson has had a dark cloud over him since the day he was born. His parents said he was their bad luck... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Questions
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50 continuation
....
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Snippet
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

???

38.2K 1.6K 1.2K
By jazmennn_

Because y'all love me let me run something by y'all real quick 😬

So twisted is basically finished in my mind I have all the chapters planed out until the end from here so we good. Update coming soon btw.

As for Teacher's Pet I've been stuck. So stuck that I started writing a chapter for a whole new story 😂🙄. I'm sorry I'm like that idk why I just am.

My attention span is short. If something ain't keeping me focused I'll drift off. Teacher's pet is too slow for me which is making it hard for me to write.

Anyway because I haven't updated either I thought I'd share this chapter I just dry ass wrote with y'all to keep y'all entertained.

Now I don't know when I'll publish this book or if I will but I like the idea a lot. This would be a smooth transition from Micah and Cassie 🌚

Anyway have joy...

Reagan Scott:

Walking down the street toward the corner store that rested on Alabama just a few blocks away from my house, I tried to hurry as it was already dark out. My brother Ryan was running the streets as usual and wouldn't be home until early tomorrow morning. Although I hated that he hustled for a living, I couldn't lie and say the money wasn't something we needed right now.

Ryan was the typical older brother that got on my nerves, but spoiled me rotten at the same time. He was the only male figure I had. He was twenty one to my seventeen an always acted more like a dad than a brother, but not having a father growing up I guess he figured I needed that. I was thankful, but at the same time I wondered what it would be like if people knew me and weren't scared of my big brother.

Picking up my pace as I noticed some local crack heads lingering I took longer strides as I crossed the street. It didn't matter how long we'd lived in this neighborhood I still didn't feel comfortable.

Houston was home to many ghetto's and I was living in the most popular one. Third ward Texas all blacks no Mexicans as the saying use to go. My brother and I currently lived in the house we grew up in with my grandmother. God rest her soul she passed away last year, and Ryan has been taking care of the bills while I finish out my senior year.

This year in itself has been tough as hell for us, and with the hand we've been dealt I don't believe there's anymore losses we can take.

Finally reaching the corner market I entered the store letting the air condition cool me from the humid night air. Looking toward the register I smiled politely at Apollo who was the guy who'd been working this store since I was little. Apollo was a nice Pakistani man who was always smiling and loved what he did.

Smiling back Apollo gave me a head nod. "Another Coke run?"

Laughing I nodded my head yes.

Walking toward the back of the store I went to grab my soda. I didn't know what it was with me and Coke, but I had to have one everyday. My grandma use to tell me I was going to turn into a Coke.

Grabbing the can Coke from the fridge I walked toward the chip isle ignoring my phone that was vibrating in my pocket. As I tried to debate on whether I wanted hot fries or hot chips, I heard the door chime again. Still being picky on my decision I settle for a bag of Doritos as I was headed toward the front to pay.

When I reached the end of the isle I saw two guys in ski masks holding Apollo at gun point while he held both his hands up trying to reason with them. My breathing hitched as my heart rate picked up. I'd never in my life witnessed a robbery and here one was unfolding in front of my eyes. I was scared shitless.

"God please don't let anything happen to me in this store tonight. I promise I'll listen to Ryan next time and stay my hot ass home. Lord please." I begged saying a small prayer in my head.

Still peaking around to see the commotion I could see the terrified look in Apollo's face as he stared down the barrel of the gun that was pointed at him. He soon went to open the register as I found myself chewing at my bottom lip in a panic.

"Hurry the fuck up nigga!" The shorter of the two masked guys gritted out while waving his gun back and forth as he spoke.

"I'm sorry take the money just don't shoo-" Apollo tried to plead.

"Shut the fuck up!" The shorter one said again as the guy who I was guessing was the look out busted in to see what was taking so long.

"Aye come da' fuck on y'all niggas acting like dis y'all first rodeo. Get da' money, shoot dat nigga, get da' tape and let's go."

While all that was going on I tried to reach in my pocket and grab my phone without dropping the stuff I had in my hands. If I made the slightest noise I'd be as good as gone for witnessing this whole thing.

Easing the phone out my pocket I scrolled to Ryan's number to let him know what was going on. Whenever I was in trouble he was the first person I called. Others would probably call the police, but the police wouldn't do half the shit my brother would behind me so that was a waste.

Just as I was about to dial his contact I felt the cold steel press against the back of my head causing me to drop all my snacks.

"Hands up." The guy behind me said.

My soda burst onto the floor as I quickly put my hands up. I was now breathing like I'd run a marathon and probably sweating like a fool. My heart was pounding out of my chest and I was seconds away from shitting myself.

"Walk toward the front." The guy said pushing me in my back a little.

Although I wanted so badly to curse him out for the way he'd pushed me I kept quiet seeing that he had a gun pointed at my head. Looking at Apollo I watched as he handed the bag of money to the short aggressive guy.

"Where she come from?" The taller guy questioned the dude who'd snuck up on me.

"She was in da back. I peeped her on da camera when I was 'bout to head back out. Dats da' shit yo dumb ass was 'pose to do while he got da' money."

"You should've stayed at home shawty." The shorter one said to me as I kept quiet. "Cute lil thang too."

The guys looked at each other for a second before the short one shook his head firing a shot into Apollo's head that caused me to scream and cover my mouth. Tears streamed from my eyes as I couldn't unsee the death I'd just witnessed in a matter of seconds.

"Da' fuck you shoot him for? You already had da' FUCKING money." Da guy behind me said with much base in his voice. "Get da' fuckin' tape and let's go."

As the shorter guy sucked his teeth he tossed the taller boy the money as he hopped over the counter to get the tape.

"Aye what you gone do about her Tony?" The tall guy said referring to the man behind me as Tony.

"Wow you really are dumber than you look." Tony said shooting the guy who stood in front of me as I jumped.

My eyes were now big as saucers as my mind went totally blank. I was shaking profoundly and I couldn't stop crying.

Once the short guy retrieved the tape he looked at his dead friend before shaking his head as Tony shrugged.

"If you wasn't my mama's sister son you'd be next to him. Get da' money and go get in da' fuckin' car." Tony ordered.

As the short guy left the store mumbling under his breath Tony finally turned me around to face him. His face was covered as well but I could see his brown eyes perfectly. They were eyes that I couldn't forget.

"Look, go home. Don't pass go don't collect two hundred dollars. You ain't see shit and you don't know shit. What's yo name?" Tony asked looking down at home.

"Re-rea-Reagan." I stuttered still shaking.

"Alright Reagan I'm good with faces. Real good with faces. I also know you ain't dumb enough to say shit about what happened here tonight right?"

Nodding my head quickly I made sure he understood that my lips were sealed. I just wanted to get the fuck out of here.

"Let me see yo I.d. You look like da' type to carry one." He said figuring me out in what felt like seconds.

Hesitantly pulling my I.D out I went to hand it to him before he snatched it.

While looking over it thoroughly I watched as he furrowed his brows a little before he slipped it into my front pocket. "Aight you can have dat back. Now I know yo name and where you live. You can go now." He said waiting for me to leave.

My feet found their way toward the door as I ran with everything in me toward my house. I didn't stop nor did I look back for anything. I just ran until I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

When I finally made it home I quickly made my way into the house closing and locking the door before placing my back against it. Breathing heavily I slid down the door as the waterworks started up again.

***

Staying in bed the next day since it was the weekend I had no interest in hearing about what happened the night before. I knew word had spread and I honestly felt sick to my stomach at the thought. Staying in sounded like the best decision.

After trying to fight through Ryan's loud trap music I finally got up from bed. I'd wasted the morning and most of the afternoon sleeping. It was mid evening and I was just now trying to start my day. Although I was still laying face down in bed I was indeed up.

My mind started to drift toward the night before and I quickly regretted ever going into that store last night. My heart ached for Apollo as I thought about the guy Tony who'd knocked his friend off for being to dumb in the game. The streets weren't made for the weak and you could die at any given moment. I doubt either of the two imagined losing their lives that night.

Feeling a lonely tear stroll down my cheek I quickly wiped it as I heard my room door burst open. Groaning loudly because I knew it was Ryan I covered my head with the blanket. Feeling the weight of his body weigh down on me as he sat on my back I started screaming.

"Ryan get off me I cant breathe." I hollered as I tried to get myself from under the covers to catch my breath.

Laughing hysterically Ryan raised up from my back as I sat up wheezing. Once I caught my breath I tossed my pillow at him causing him to dodge it while still laughing.

"Chill out Rae." He said getting serious as I managed to toss another pillow at him and smack him dead in the face.

"No because you play too much. You know I'm claustrophobic."

"You know I'm claustrophobic." Ryan mocked me.

Rolling my eyes at him I got up from my bed bumping him with my shoulder as I tried to walk toward the restroom.

"Aye let me talk to you real quick on some serious shit." Ryan said grabbing my wrist preventing me from leaving the room.

Turning on my heels I took a seat on my bed awaiting for him to speak. I could tell by his tone that this was serious and he was no longer playing.

"Why you aint answer yo phone last night?"

Biting at my lip I debated on whether or not to tell him the truth about where I was last night. "I was in the shower I didn't hear it ringing."

Looking at me long and hard trying to read my expression Ryan finally nodded his head. "Don't let that shit happen no more. Some niggas offed Apollo at his store last night. I know how you like to roam with yo hardheaded ass so I was tryna make sure you was good."

As if I didn't see it all myself hearing it again made it sound more real.
"Oh wow. is he okay?" I said blurting out the first thing that came to mind.

Scrunching his face up Ryan just looked at me as if I was as stupid as I sounded. "Hell nall he aint okay Rae the man dead as hell. Took a bullet to the dome."

"Oh." I said not knowing what else to say without crying.

"Just let me know where you going from now on you hear me?"

"I hear you." I mumbled lowly.

"Come here ugly. You Know I wouldn't let nothing happen to you man. I'll kill behind you and that's my word." He said letting me hug him.

I knew what he was saying was true and I never questioned for one minute what Ryan could do in these streets. That was one of the reasons why I didn't tell him I was in Apollo's store last night. I knew he'd find whoever robbed it and handle them. I was scared that one day his big bad ass would be the one to get handled. I'd never imagined my life without Ryan and I wouldn't start now.

I just hoped I never had to run into Tony again. He didn't sound like he was from here and as long as I kept my mouth shut I was good, or at least I hoped so.

***

Sitting on my bed after a nice hot shower I tried to catch up on this new show insecure while eating a bowl of captain crunch. Checking my phone every so often to keep up with the group chat I laughed as they discussed Kyran's baby mama. Kyran was my best friend Nadia's no good boyfriend. I guess talking about his baby mama made the reality of him having a baby on her a little better.

DeeStacks💛: that hoe lace front fried, dyed, and tossed to the side

BeeMulah💚: stomp it to hell with them run over chucks pls

TakeSumnLilo💙: my bro outta line for this one. It had to be a dark and stormy night. I know he ain't nut in this willingly.

DSD1Nadi💜👯: I told y'all she was a mess. Fuck it that's they issue. Kyran ain't my man no more. ✌🏿

Me: who hands you used to send that peace sign tho is the real ? Y'all been in this hoe all morning going hard. Shut tf up.

Seeing my phone light up I knew Nadia was probably calling now. Laughing I shook my head before picking up the phone.

"You'll never come in the group chat hours late tryna have an attitude. The fuck you been up to? I would say with a nigga but I know Ryan ain't for that so probably been sleep. Tired as hoe." Nadia said loud all in my ear.

"First off why you gotta be so damn loud? Second y'all stay thinking somebody with a nigga. Control yo nigga first. No shade. And can I not sleep on the day made for sleep?" I questioned.

"I guess hoe I guess. Where my baby daddy at though? I know he there looking all kinds of daddyish. If you would stop blocking we could be family best." Nadia said serious as hell about getting with my brother which wasn't happening.

"You know better. He don't go. I'll beat you up behind him and we too cool for that sis."

"Imma fuck him anyway and we just gone have to box it out. Anyway I'm coming over so unlock the door." Nadia said not giving me a chance to decline her invite.

Rolling my eyes I stood up from my bed taking my bowl into the kitchen. Rinsing it out I placed it on the dish rack before washing and drying my hands.

"Where yo clothes at bro? Little ass shorts on like you ain't got no respect for yo self." Ryan complained entering the kitchen.

"I always wear these and it's only in the house so what's the problem?" I asked looking over my lounge attire.

"Problem is I got some thirsty ass nigga's in there bout to let me finesse them on 2k for some money so either stay in yo room or go change." Ryan shrugged.

"I don't want to be around your friends nor am I interested in them." I scoffed. "Go play at they house somewhere."

"I said what I said. So do what I said Rae."

"Nadia coming over." I said folding my arms across my chest with attitude.

"And?" Ryan asked turning his nose up.

"And you need to take yo company elsewhere Ryan. They be having the house smoked up and y'all eat all the food." I huffed.

"I buy the food though. I pay for the air to be smoked out. All you do is bitch and complain. Right or wrong?"

We stood there having a state off before I heard the doorbell ring causing me to storm off.

"Better change before you go open that door Raegan I'm not playing with you!" Ryan shouted after me.

Ignoring him I didn't even look toward his friends that sat in the den as I opened the door for Nadia.

"Hey boo." She greeted before peeping at the group of niggas that crowded my living room.

"Hey." I said still holding the attitude I had from Ryan. "You can go in my room."

Nodding she made her way to the back being sure to brush past Ryan in the hallway.

"Wassup lil bit?" I heard one of the guys say.

Giving a nod I walked toward the back.

"Aye you hard headed. You think a nigga be playing with yo ass. Go fucking change Rae before I embarrass yo ass in here." Ryan gritted flicking me as I passed him up.

Flinching I stomped to my room being sure to slam my door hard in the process.

"You mad or nah?" Nadia joked.

Rolling my eyes I stale faced her. "Bitch I'm mad. He get on my nerves. You barely be here as is then the days when you know I'm here you want to pull these stunts and bring them ugly ass niggas over here. That shit annoying."

"But they not ugly though. Actually it was a couple cute ones in there." Nadia chimed in not helping the cause.

"Nadia!"

"Well I'm just saying. Give credit bitch give credit. But I agree with everything but the ugly part." She said causing me to laugh as I went through my drawer for some sweat pants.

Once I'd calmed down and finally relaxed I listened to Nadia talk my ear off about how she was done with Kyran for good. Since I'd heard it all before I tuned her out and occasionally chimed in when I thought it was time. I love my best friend to death, but she was full of shit when it came to that nigga. She knew she wasn't going to leave him. Maybe for a couple days, but she'd go right back.

"You know what I'm saying? I deserve better than a nigga that's gone do me bad like that. I do too much for him to have a baby on me Rae." Nadia said sounding as if she was going to cry.

Pulling her into a hug I patted her back. "It'll get better pooh."

"When? It's taking too long." Nadia cried.

"You can't rush it. Gotta be patient." I said as I rocked her from side to side.

After she cried herself to sleep I found myself trying to tidy up around my room. I was doing anything to keep my mind off the night before. I didn't want those images in my head anymore.

Playing music while I sorted out my clothes to wash I tried to imagine life outside the place I called home. I wanted to imagine going to college and having Ryan out the streets. I wanted to grow up with active parents that motivated me to follow my dreams. Unfortunately that wasn't the cards I was dealt.

"I got too many girls on hold for you to be so bold
Too many on my team for you to act so mean
You say you wanna go and have fun, well you ain't the only one
If I ring, don't let it ring too long or I'm gone
I got Alicia waitin', Aisha waitin'
All the eesha's waitin' on me
So why you contemplatin', playa hatin'
If this is how it's gonna be?"

Singing along to Bruno Mars's Calling all my lovelies I picked up my basket of clothes before heading toward the laundry room. When I got there I placed my basket on top of the dryer while I started the washer placing my detergent inside.

As I put my clothes inside I continued humming and swaying from side to side. Just as I was closing the top on the washer the laundry room door opened causing me to jump.

When I saw him gulped a little not expecting to see someone so attractive. I thought all Ryan's friends were gross since they got on my nerves as did Ryan.

"My bad baybeh I was looking for da restroom."

"Oh it's the next door." I said clearing my throat as I noticed him staring at me before he hurriedly looked away.

"Good lookin' out." He said making his way out.

Nodding my head although he was already out of sight I rubbed my hands down my sweat pants before grabbing my basket and heading backwards for my room.

Before I made it Ryan stopped me. "Aye you seem that nigga Antonio come back here?"

"Yes he was looking for the restroom." I said right as Antonio I'm guessing came out.

"Yo Tonio this my little sister Reagan." Ryan introduced. "Rae this my nigga Antonio. We use to be tight as hell before he moved back to New Orleans. He back in town now though." Ryan said excitedly.

Looking at Antonio I tried to piece together why I felt knots in my stomach.

"Nice meetin' you love." Antonio said extending his hand out while looking at me long and hard with those familiar brown eyes.

Gulping down hard I hesitantly grabbed his hand and shook it. "Likewise." I mumbled.

------------------

Well you know that's it.

Gotta blast ✌🏽️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 68.2K 29
To his peers, Liam Kingsley has it all-girls, good looks, loving parents, and a best friend that'll fight for him until the death. Little does the sc...
8 0 13
A normal small town kid Farkle moves to Hollywood to his cousin's house, there in the new school he makes a friend with at a unique girl then fall f...
1K 34 22
Lea's life is filled with ups and many downs. Tragedy strikes turning her entire world upside down and her celebrity crush is there to catch her, the...
A New Love By Shelby

Teen Fiction

26K 647 29
Ever since Shelby moved away from her hometown she has missed everything about it; the feel, the people, her (pretty much but not really) sister, Cel...