Catching Genesis (Completed)

By Nikkireadw

Warning: CG has been published. The last ten chapters of this book have been taken down due to copyright reas... More

"Introduction" ahmm...rambling
Chapter I - Are you excited?
Chapter II - Worst Birthday Ever
Chapter III - Oh Joy, Retail Therapy
Chapter IV - Operation Pay Back
Chapter V - Operation Payback Phase 1
Chapter VI - Operation Payback Phase 2
Chapter VII - Let Me Count the Ways
Chapter VIII - "Let's Talk" Never Ends Well
Chapter IX - Where are the Hotties?
Chapter X - Anyone Ever Died of Embarrassment?
Chapter XI - Lycans Are Confusing
Chapter XII - Here Comes the Human
Chapter XIII - My Date Has Gone to the Wolves
Chapter XIV - Constantine
Chapter XV - My Erasthai
Chapter XVI - Cloud Nine and Crash Landing
Chapter XVII - Of Sweat Pants and Baggy Shirt
Chapter XVIII - Dinner Disaster
Chapter XIX - Call Me Juliet With Mad Ninja Skills
Chapter XX - Chunky Monkey?
Chapter XXI - How to Stay Out of The Spotlight
Chapter XXII - How Not to Piss Off a Lycan
Chapter XXIII - Shower Heads, I Love You
Chapter XXIV - The Birds And The Bees Talk
Chapter XXV - Totally Lickable!
Chapter XXVI - Grandpa is Coming to Town
Chapter XXVIII - If I Was a Tiny Hummingbird
Chapter XXIX - I Show You Mine, You Show Me Yours
Chapter XXX - How to Douse a Fire
Chapter XXXI - Will You Pose for Me?
Chapter XXXII - Seduction For Dummies
Chapter XXXIII - Flip Sip or Strip
Chapter XXXIV - Stupid Drunk Boys
Chapter XXXV - Vicious Bedsheet
Chapter XXXVI - Best Way to Wake up Ever
Chapter XXXVII - of Time and Space
Chapter XXXVIII - Not Cowering, Just Pouting
Chapter XXXIX - Stupid Royal Brat
Chapter XL - This One Uses The Front Door
Chapter XLI - The Heart Wants What It Wants
Chapter XLII - Too Much Thinking Hurts My Brain
Chapter XLIII - Miles and Miles of Mountains
Chapter XLIV - Tell Me Where it Hurts
Chapter XLV - The One Who Drives Me Crazy
Chapter XLVI - One Who Catches Her
Chapter XLVII - O Hungry One
Chapter XLVIII - This I Pledge to You
Chapter XLIX - Some Things Money Can't Buy
Chapter L - To Tame The Wild Beast
Chapter LI - All's Fair in Love and War
Chapter LII - Ring With The Heart and Crown
Just Another Rambling, Not A Chapter
Chapter LIII - Mature eyes, Immature Hearts
Chapter LIV - Ring With Hearts and Flowers
Chapter LV - One With the Ninja Power
Chapter LVI - I Can Smell Your Fear
Chapter LVII - One With The Pack
(Fighting Darius) Penny And Darius
(Trapping Quincy) Caspian and Quincy
Bonus Chapters

Chapter XXVII - I'm a Bunny Cuddler, Fuzzy Slipper Wearer

487K 20.7K 5.6K
By Nikkireadw

After that talk with my parents, Constantine took me out for some ice-cream, then we came back to his massive place again.

"So, I heard that you like my Corvette Stingray," says Caspian, looking mischievous. "You know, I can be persuaded to part with it...at a price."

We're now sitting in their living room with the rest of the lycans. Caspian is sitting lazily on one of the plush cozy chairs with his long legs resting on the coffee table.

"You name the price, I'll pay for it," says Constantine.

"No, you don't have to buy the car for me, Costa," I object from my sitting position on Constantine's lap.

"I don't want your money," states Caspian. "I want my payment from Genesis."

"From me??? You pick a wrong person, buddy. I don't have enough money to pay for it. I'm dirt poor," I announce proudly.

Serena giggles from where she's lying on the sofa with her head on Lazarus's lap.

"No, I don't want your money, I want a kiss..."

"No!" growls Constantine, tightening his arms around me.

"On my cheek." finishes Caspian.

"No!" he growls again. "I'll pay for it, just name the price. She's not kissing you anywhere."

Caspian is having too much fun annoying Constantine. This time Caspian gets hit on the head by a flying magazine thrown by Serena.

I like spending time with them, even with Caspian. He's a harmless flirt who likes to banter about everything. He's such a kid.

************************************************

I refused a lift from my friends, and I refused a lift from Constantine this morning. I arrive late to school on purpose and try to hide out from everybody by using my mad ninja skills again.

Again, my mad ninja skills fail me. Constantine finds me so easily. He wraps his arms around me and buries his face against my neck as soon as he sees me.I'm beginning to suspect that I might not have mad ninja skills after all.

After that he has his arm around my shoulders and won't let go. Serena, Lazarus and Caspian walk with us. Serena and Lazarus walk hand in hand. They always do. It's kinda weird to be walking with the lycans like I was one of them now.

I get a lot of stares, especially hateful stares from the girls. Strangely, some of the girls get even more brazen. They're giving the lycans even more shameless, flirtatious looks, more top buttons undone and even shorter skirts.

I think it occurs to them now that I'm with a lycan, they might have a chance to be with one too. The problem is, they're not only blatantly flirty with Caspian, but with Lazarus and Constantine as well. It annoys Serena as much as it annoys me.

During lunch, my friends join us at the lycan's usual table. Constantine keeps me on his lap the whole time. His hand around my waist and on my thigh, keeping me in place. Once in a while his face nuzzles my neck. His lips doing things to my skin that makes my toes curl.

At first, Penny, Reese and River keep staring at the lycans in awe. The lycans don't talk much around other people. That is so different from the way they were at home.

The lycans are so silent that after a while, I think my friends forget that the lycans are there, and start acting like themselves again. My friends start their pointless bickering like they usually do. Today's important squabble is whether chips are better than fries. Penny loves fries. She has fries almost everyday during lunch. River can't survive without chips. The discussion gets so heated after a while that Penny almost threw her fries at River's head. Almost, because "fries are too yummy and precious to be wasted on River's stupid head". Penny's words.

Reese and I can't help but join in their dispute at one point. It is an important topic to discuss after all. Constantine listens attentively, without saying a word. His lips curl up slightly in amusement.

"Your friends are very entertaining to watch," whispers Caspian in my ear later on.

"Entertaining good or bad?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Ouch, your distrust in me hurts my feelings, Red,"

"Red?"

"Yup. You've red hair. Red."

"Don't call me Red, Casper."

"Don't call me Casper, Red."

"Don't call me Red, Caspy."

"Caspy???"

Constantine pulls me away from Caspian, shaking his head in disbelief. This is not going to be the end of our pointless bickering, though. I know it's going to be continued later on.

Logan and all his friends aren't in school today. I think Constantine broke Logan's arm yesterday. Mia and her followers keep giving me dirty looks every time they see me.

Just before the last period, Constantine and the rest of the lycans have to leave school. They say they have "things to attend to".

Constantine pulls me outside with him before he leaves.

"I've been wanting to do this the whole day," he mutters before he pulls me flush against him and leans down to place his lips on mine. Fireworks and explosions erupt where our bodies meet. Cuddly bunny and fuzzy slippers!!! His lips are magical! His lips move against mine and I forget everything. His tongue slips into my mouth and I grab a fistful of his hair and tug him closer. He moans deep in his throat and his kiss gets hungrier and more demanding. His hand move to wrap my leg around his waist, molding my body closer to his.

Somebody blares the car horn.

"Damn it Caspian!" he curses, then he leans down for more kisses.

Caspian honks the second time when he finally pulls back. We both breathing raggedly. He nuzzles my neck and breathes me in deeply before he finally let me go. Then he turns around, walks away, and gets into the car without looking back.

I wish he didn't have to leave. I miss him already.

I know I can't go into the classroom looking the way I'm looking right now, so I walk on unsteady legs to the nearest washroom.

I'm so glad that it is empty. Most of the other students must have gone into their classroom.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My hair is all messed up, my lips are red and swollen, my cheeks are flushed and my clothes are rumpled.

Mia walks in while I'm still fixing myself.

"You must be feeling so good about yourself right now, aren't you?" she says as she locks the door behind her.

Huh?

At my puzzled look, she snaps,"You must be so proud at having two guys that all the girls in this school want most to be fighting over you."

"No, I don't want anybody to be fighting over me," I reply quickly, watching her warily through the mirror above the sink.

"Oh please, drop the innocent act already," she sneers. "You can stop pretending. I know what a girl like you want."

"A girl like me?" I narrow my eyes, still looking at her through the mirror.

"Yeah, a nobody. An Omega slut of the pack," she spits out venomously. "Always acting so innocent. Must be a dream come true to you to be mated to Logan....quite a jump, from a lowly Omega to a mate of an Alpha. Unfortunately for you, I was in the way wasn't I?

But you're so ambitious. I don't know how you did it, but of all the boys in school, you managed to snag a lycan. A lycan!!! You are craftier than I give you credit for.

You must be very good in bed. A lycan wants you. Now Logan wants you! How can he choose you over me??? We had a plan and you're ruining it. I'm supposed to be the luna! Me!"

She's now screaming like a crazy bitch. She's getting on my nerves. Really badly. I feel a little heat starting in my chest.

"You're a nobody! Nobody! I warned you to stay away from him. I'll make sure you'll pay for this, you dirty slut!" she moves in closer and raises her hand to strike my face.

My hand comes up to grip her wrist in reflex. Another hand closes around her throat. She's really really getting on my nerves. I lug her by the throat across the room. Heavy bitch! Her feet flailing and dragging across the floor. Her eyes bulging in her face.

I slam her head against the wall. "I hate it when people yell in my face," I inform her. "I'll stay away from me if I were you. The next time you decide to throw a tantrum like that in my face, I won't be quite as forgiving."

I squeeze her neck harder before I let go. She falls on the floor wheezing and coughing, clutching at her neck.

I check myself in the mirror, straightening my hair and my shirt. Then I unlock the door and stalk out of there not feeling any better. I wanted to pummel her face in. I walk a little faster because I'm so tempted to go back in there and do just that.

Feeling restless, I decided to go to the library instead of my classroom. Half the lesson is over by now anyway. By the time I reach the library on the third floor, my heart returns to normal. The heat in my chest is gone.

I sit at the very back, wondering how I got so violent. I truly wanted to kill her. Now even the thought of it makes me feel sick. What has gotten into me?

I bang my head against the table loudly several times. "Really Genesis? Really?? Violence is not the answer," I admonish myself.

"You're a peaceful werewolf. You're a peace lover, tree hugger, bunny cuddler, fuzzy slipper wearer werewolf," I lecture myself as I bang my head on the table a few more times for a good measure.

Someone clears her throat. I look up to see Mrs. McBee, our stern librarian glaring at me suspiciously from over the top of her half moon-shaped reading glasses. I must be looking super crazy. I think she's thinking that I'm a very unstable and untrustworthy person to be around her precious books right now.

************************************************************

Yeay! I managed to upload four chapters this week (tons of grammatical mistakes as usual, I know). I don't know if I'll manage to update much next week. Family and friends flying in from everywhere. I see a foot of snow out there (3-5 foot snowbanks). I don't understand why we can't fly to see them instead. I don't mind spending my holidays in sunny Florida or L.A. like we did last year or the year before. No complains at all! Okay, sorry for venting.

Thank you for reading! Thank you so much for your votes and comments too :). I hope you like this chapter. Have a happy and safe holiday everybody!

Much love,

Nicole

P/S: I do envy you guys who live in warm countries right now. Adopt me!!! :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 361K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
2.8K 131 20
"Why did you do it?" my voice is weak, made faint by tears. He smiles. "What will it take for you to realize," he presses a kiss to my forehead, "Th...
10.6K 277 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
2.2M 54.4K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...