Captain of the Guard. Legend...

By monkeybreath

Once upon a time in a Kingdom far away, lived Arthur; an Omega with a secret. His wolf was a girl. Because of... More

1. Intro
2. Welcome home
3. Meeting the enemy
4. Duality
5. Making due
6. Powerless
7. Casper has a booty call
9. Defiance
10. Say what?
11. Impossible answers
12. 'Damn Casper and his stupid chivalry!!!!'
13. Doubts
14. A costly mistake
15. Shit just got real.
16. Unleashing Hell.
17. A meeting in the woods.
18. A happy reunion
19. Origins
20. Taking a gamble.
21. Mated.
22. Stand by your man
23. Between a rock and a hard place.
24. Darren.
25. Afternoon tea.
26. The truth will set you free.
27. A Sticky Wicket.
28. Search and Rescue
29. A parting gift
30. The price of love
31. Surprise
32. Another meeting in the woods
33. Drawing blood.
34. I do.
35. One, Two, Three.
36. Heaven and Hell

8. The cat...eh...wolf is out of the bag.

3.4K 207 24
By monkeybreath

It was almost dawn when Charlotte awoke finding herself pressed to the male wolf. He was looking at her with an intensity that made her blush.

"Thank you for helping me", she snuggled closer to him and licked his mussel. "If my true mate is half as impressive as you, I will call myself a very lucky girl."

Casper heard the truth and a hidden regret in her voice.

"You have to go before your human wakes up", he told her. "Don't tell her If you don't want to. But if you need help you can call on me or my human. He's the Captain of the Imperial Gard; Orlando Wren."

Charlotte looked absolutely stunned.

He chuckled at her expression.

"It's okay, I swear you won't get in trouble. My human is a very honorable man. He will support our bond. As my temporary mate you can call on our protection."

She blinked like crazy.

"So if I don't say anything, my human won't know about this? About you?"

Again he chuckled.

"Still ashamed, huh?"

Charlotte let out an awkward huff and cringed when she felt Art stirring.

"I have to go."

After a last glance she turned around and ran. She ran for her life. This was the worst thing Ever! Art would be crushed if he knew. No, no, he must never find out. Never, ever EVER!!!

Just past the outskirts of town next to the road home she waited for him.

Art noticed a blinding headache before he could even open his eyes. The ale had been cheap and the company appealing. All in all it had been a successful festival.

"You ok, Charlotte?" he asked rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, let's go home. I thought maybe we could carry the cot from your mom's house over to the kitchen so you wouldn't have to sleep on the floor anymore."

"Doesn't this mean that we are accepting not leaving Wren's service for the foreseeable future?" he asked stretching and yawning widely.

"No. It just means that you don't have to sleep on the floor anymore. So forget your stupid pride for once and just start walking."

Art frowned.

"You sound miffed. Did something happen?"

Charlotte sighed and concentrated on relaxing her mind.

"No. I'm just hungry. I didn't get to feed last night. That's all."

"Oh, ok", said Art who started running to speed up their return home.

The house was empty letting them both sigh in relieve. A note in the kitchen told him that Wren would not return before dinner which would give him plenty time to visit his mother and get his cot.

"I can see somethings on your mind, son, so spit it out", Moira said after observing him.

"Doesn't it bother you that I have to serve the man that killed father?" he asked not looking her in the eye.

She clucked her tongue.

"That's what Vincent says and you know how he likes to make up stories so people give him free ale."

She put an finger under his chin.

"Instead of listening to the gossip of drunkards you should trust your own feelings. What do they tell you?"

His eyes met hers; searching, pleading.

"I don't know."

"Then try harder. You'll turn seventeen in a month and will be vulnerable once the blind wears of."

Charlotte felt horrible after hearing these words and knowing how conflicted Art was about Orlando Wren. The pull she felt to Casper was undeniable and now she thought about it she wondered if it would further influence Art's opinion of Wren. Just admitting that he didn't know how he felt was already an indication that things were chancing.

If only she could find a way to get solid answers so Art knew where he/they stood.

"Good, you found my note. I wasn't sure you knew how to read", was the first thing Wren said when he walked in the kitchen.

His eyes fell on the cot in the corner.

"Did you finally grow a pair or was your wolf sick and tired of sleeping on the floor?" he taunted but in a playful way.

Art looked up. Black eyes with sparkles in them met his surprised gaze.

"I know", the man raised his hands in surrender. "I'm in good mood."

Slender fingers swiped a small carrot from Art's chopping board.

"My wolf went for a long overdue run and apparently met a she wolf. He's been at me all day making me go around asking if anybody knows her. He thinks she kind of might be in trouble. Her name is Charlotte."

Art felt his head explode. You bet that this she wolf was in trouble! Big trouble!!

Casper had been very keen to get any information first hand and was alerted by Art's peculiar expression. It looked like he was pissed off. But with who? Wren, himself or his wolf? Casper focused all his senses at the servant who slowly turned red.

"I don't know of any girl who has a wolf named Charlotte", Art answered cleverly. This way he didn't lie.

Wren, who was tired of the silly inquiry nodded and was going to move on, but Casper wouldn't let him.

"He's lying!" he hissed.

Wren frowned.

"I noticed no dishonesty in his words. What makes you so sure he lied?"

"Because he didn't answer the question. Ask him again", Casper growled.

Wren knew his wolf wouldn't let this go so he turned his full attention on Art.

"Do you know a wolf named Charlotte?"

The boy trembled and Casper perked up.

"I told you. He's hiding something! Maybe he's one of the lowlifes that bothered her at the festival. Ask him!"

Charlotte remained as quiet as possible trying not to give any sign of her presence to Casper. She could feel him so strongly. Why could he not sense her? Was this still because of the Alpha blind?

"Answer me!" Wren said now using the full force of his Alpha voice.

Art was between a rock and a hard place. What he wanted more than anything was to protect Charlotte. But in doing so his biggest and potential lethal secret would be discovered. His father had taught him a way to disobey an Alpha command. It was extremely painful and absolutely forbidden for lower ranking werewolf's.

"Not for me! Don't risk your life for me. Casper is a decent wolf. He helped me before, maybe he will do it again", she pleaded with tears streaming down her mussel.

"How can you be sure? Once in the open it cannot be taken back, Charlotte."

"He helped me yesterday when I went into an early heat and was chased by four wolfs."

"How did he help?" ask Art dreading the answer when he heard the words; early heat. He remembered the very embarrassing lecture of his father regarding this subject. She nodded at his thoughts. With a sudden gasp he comprehended her meaning.

"You faux mated with his wolf?!" he yelled out loud.

Wren, startled by this sudden outburst, was taken aback.

"What did you just say? Faux mated?"

Casper could no longer contain his anxiety and took control. Wren's eyes flared golden.

"Who is Charlotte?" he growled in Wren's voice.

"Tell him", Charlotte begged.

She now so desperately wanted Casper to feel her presence.

"I hope you're right about his wolf, because otherwise we are royally screwed!" Art sighed.

He wiped his sweaty palms on his pants and lifted his head. The look on his face was one of pure defiance.

"Charlotte is my wolf. Happy now?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 85 7
All of his life, 𝗞𝗜𝗧 𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗦 was told he will never find his true love. His grandmother would always tell him that "love is weakness" and that...
59.5K 4.9K 29
Once upon a time, in a land far away, the destiny of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a young boy. His name? Dan. He wasn't a powerful sorce...
1.3M 69.2K 25
Levi wasn't the kind of guy to go around kissing strangers, least of all the insufferable princes these events tended to attract. But something about...
2.3M 55.4K 51
A girl doomed before her own birth to be violently wanted by every person in her entire world, and then imprisoned for her entire life starting at ag...