Love Is Strange~(A Gravity Fa...

By KimAckermann

Gravity Falls is a normal and peaceful place to live but not for Alex,she loves adventuring and exploring new... More

Prologue: Lost
Chapter 1 Tourist Trapped
Chapter 2 Norman The Gnome???

Chapter 3 The Gobblewonker

57 3 0
By KimAckermann

 "Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?" Mabel asks while holding the syrup. Dipper on the other hand holding a mountie man,"I'm always ready!" "Then you know what this means!" Mabel and Dipper hold their respective syrup bottles and start to drip in into their mouths

" Ahhh!"

"Go, Sir Syrup!"

"Go, Mountie Man!"

"Go! Go!" I join in.

"Go! Go!"

"Almost... almost... Yes! I won!" Mabel says after coughing.

Dipper picks up and reads newspaper,"Ho ho, no way! Hey Mabel,Ally,check this out." I swallow the last bit of my pancake and stare at the announcement. "Human-sized hamster balls?  I'm human-sized!" 

"No, no, Mabel. This." I point  to a monster photo contest ad. "We see weirder stuff than that every day! We didn't get any photos of those gnomes, did we?"

" Nope, just memories. And this beard hair." Mable says holding it.

"Why did you save that?" Dipper tilts his head. Mabel shrugs and makes an "I dunno" sound.

"Good morning, knuckleheads. You two know what day it is?" Stan barges into the kitchen looking kinda happy,"Um... Happy anniversary?" Dipper mostly asks. 

"Your birthday?!" I ask next

" Mazel tov!"

Stan hits Dipper's head with a newspaper. " It's Family Fun Day, genius!"  He walks over to fridge and gets out milk, "We're cuttin' off work and having one of those, you know,bonding-type deals." Oh no not one of these again.

I still remember one time when I was 10.He took me with him to go fishing and despite the horrible weather he decided to go,next day I was in bed all day with a cold.

" Grunkle Stan, is this gonna be anything like our last family bonding day?" Mabel shuddes, "The county jail was so cold."

" All right, maybe I haven't been the best summer caretaker. But I swear, today we're gonna have some real family fun. Now who wants to put on some blindfolds and get into my car?"

"YAY!" both Mabel and Dipper said.

"Wait, what?" I look over to Dipper.

****************************************

Before we entered Stans car,he decided to blindfold us so we wouldn't know where he's taking us. I have a bad feeling that we are going to the lake..again. "Blindfolds never lead to anything good."

" Blindfolds never lead to anything good." Dipper speaks.

"I agree."

"Wow! I feel like all my other senses are heightened. I can see with my fingers! Hey! Ally! Are you still wearing your glasses?" Mabel i think begins to touch Dipper's face, making him laugh then did the same with me.

Car jumps, making us fly into the doors. "Whoa! Grunkle Stan, are you wearing a blindfold?"

" Ha ha. Nah, but with these cataracts I might as well be. What is that, a woodpecker?" 

Once the car pulled over and we were outside Stan spoke up,"Okay, okay. Open 'em up!"

The three of us took out blindfolds off and my mouth fell open, "Ta-da! It's fishin' season!" This can't be happening again.

"No!!" I dramatically fall to the ground, "Why do you torture me like this Stan?!" He ignores my question and looks over to Mabel,

"Fishing?" She raises and eyebrow.

"What're you playin' at, old man?" Dipper points at him.

"You're gonna love it! The whole town's out here!" We look across the lake showing various townspeople doing different fishing activities.Lazy Susan is waving a pan  "Here,fishy fishies! Get into the pan!"

Toby takes a picture with a man holding a fish. "Say cheese!" After he took it the flash caused the man to fall backwards into the lake even Manly Dan is here! 

" Uh, is this good?" One of his sons asks him while holding the fishingpole. "NO!" He broke the pole.  "I'll show you how a real man fishes! He grbabed a fish straight from the water and throws the fish on the floor to their boat and punches the poor fish while his sons chant his name. Manly Dan always scared me

"That's some quality family bonding!" Stan smiles at the scenery. 

"Grunkle Stan, why do you wanna bond with us all of a sudden?" Dipper asks his uncle.

"Hey that's right! We would've stayed home and maybe make fun of Ducktective." 

"Come on, this is gonna be great! I've never had fishing buddies before. The guys from the lodge won't go with me: they don't "like" or "trust" me." 

"I think he actually wants to fish with us." Mabel whispers to both of us.Well it is a sunny day after all not like last time.   "Hey, I know what'll cheer you sad sacks up. Pow! Pines family fishing hats! That-that's hand stitching, you know." 

I stare down to my fishing hat and see he wrote my nickname as Alice and not Ally like it should be. The "L" on the "MABELS" hat was peeling off.  "It's just gonna be you, me, and those goofy hats on a boat for ten hours!"

"Ten hours?" Dipper and I yell.

"I brought the joke book!"

"No! NO!" Dipper sounds like he's dying. 

"There has to be a way out of this." Mabel looks at me.

"I don't think we can escape from this!" I say to both.

" I SEEN IT! I SEEN IT AGAIN!! The Gravity Falls Gobblewonker! Come quick before it scrabdoodles away!" Old Man McGucket says after dancing around like always.

" Awww... He's doing a happy jig!"

" NOOO! It's a jig of grave danger!" McGucket answers Mabel. Tate McGucket came out and started to spray Old Man McGucket with water,  "Hey, hey! Now what did I tell you about scaring my customers? This is your last warning, Dad!"

" But I got proof this time, by gummity. BEHOLD! It's the Gobble-dy-wonker what done did it! It had a long neck like a gee-raffe! And wrinkly skin like...like this gentleman right here!" McGucket points at Stan.

" Huh?" Stan asks as he picked his ear.

" It chawed my boat up to smitheroons, and shim-shammed over to Scuttlebutt Island! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!" 

" Attention all units! We got ourselves a crazy old man!"

Everyone but us and the ranger point and laugh at Old Man McGucket. I feel bad for the old..."Aww, donkey spittle! Aw, banjo polish!"

" Well, that happened. Now let's untie this boat and get out on that lake!" Stan unties the rowboat from the dock.

"Mabel, did you hear what that old dude said?" Dipper leans to whisper to Mabel. Mabel mimics Old Man McGucket  "Aww, donkey shpittle!" I can't help but laugh a little at her impression.

"The other thing. About the monster. If we can snag a photo of it, we can split the prize fifty-fifty. Mabel gasps "That's two fifties!"

" Imagine what you could do with five. Hundred. Dollars!"

"Hey! I'm also in this remember? I think i deserve some cash too." I smirk at Dipper, "Okay! okay..we'll figure out the money later,the thing is that we need that picture. Grunkle Stan! Change of plans: we're taking that boat to Scuttlebutt Island, and we're gonna find that Gobblewonker!"

The three of us begin to chant. " Monster hunt! Monster hunt!

" Monster hunt!" Out of nowhere McGucket comes.Dipper,Mabel and I stop chanting and stare at McGucket. "Monster... Eh... I'll go."

A large honking sound is heard. "You dudes say somethin' about a monster hunt?" 

"Soos!" Mabel shouts excitedly. " Wassup, hambone!" Soos and Mabel fist bump and make explosion noises.  "Dude, you could totally use my boat for your hunt. It's got a steering wheel, chairs; normal boat stuff."

"All right, all right, let's think this through. Ya kids could go waste your time on some epic monster-finding adventure, or you could spend the day learning how to tie knots and skewer worms with your Great Uncle Stan!" 

The twins and I look at Soos in his boat; he does a robot dance. We look back at Stan in his leaky old boat; he sniffs his left armpit. We look at Scuttlebutt Island in the distance. We grin at each other.

"So, whaddaya say?"

We drive off laughing with Soos in his boat toward Scuttlebutt Island, leaving Stan behind. "Sorry Stan! I really want to monster hunt!" 

"Nasty kids! I raised you better than this." Stan angrily yells.

"We made the right choice!" Mabel smiles at me. I nod my head but deep down Stan just wanted to spend time with us. Dipper stands on the stern of the boat, with one foot on the guardrail. He adjusts the visor of his cap.

"Hoist the anchor!" He shouts. Soos pulls up cinderblock anchor. " Raise the flag!" Mabel and I hold up a beach towel. "We're gonna find that Gobblewonker!"

"We're gonna win that photo contest!"

" Do any of you dudes have sunscreen?"

" We're gonna... go get sunscreen!"

"Yay!"

The boat does a U-turn away from the island. Underwater, a strange shape swims by. Dipper is pacing on the boat in front of Mabel and Soos. " Alright. If we wanna win this contest, we've gotta do it right! Think. What's the number one problem with most monster hunts?" 

" You're a side character, then you die within the first five minutes of the movie. Dude, am I a side character?! Do y'ever think about stuff like that?" Soos asks.

" No, no, no. Camera trouble! Say Bigfoot shows up. Soos, be Bigfoot?" Dipper says, Soos strikes a Bigfoot pose.

"There he is! Bigfoot!Dipper acts and pats his life vest.Uh-oh, no camera!" I pull out a camera and hand it to Dipper. " Oh, wait, here's one! Aw, no film! You see? You see what I'm, doing here?"

" Oh, yeah. Dude's got a point."

" That's why I bought seventeen disposable cameras! Two on my ankle, three in my jacket, and one for each of you, three extras in this bag, and one... under my hat! There's no way we're gonna miss this. Okay everybody, let's test our cameras out!"

I take a picture of the scenery and myself, "Aw, dude!" Soos accidentally throws the camera as the set the flash on. He took a few steps behind. "Wow!"The camera in my hand falls in the water.

" You see? This is exactly why you need backup cameras. We still have fifteen!"Mabel throws a camera at a seagull flying over her head. "Ah, bird!" 

"Fourteen! Okay, guys, I repeat; don't lose your cameras!"

" Wait, lose the cameras?"

"DON'T!"

" Dude, I just threw two away"

"Soos! No!!" It hasn't been an entire day yet and im losing my mind.

 "Twelve! All right! We still have twelve cameras--" Dipper accidentally crushes one with his fist) Eleven,We have eleven cameras.

"So what's the plan? Throw more cameras overboard or what?"

"NO! No. Okay. You'll be lookout, Soos can work the steering wheel, and Dipper can be captain." I say to them.

"What? Why does Dipper get to be captain? What about Mabel, huh? Ma-bel! Ma-bel! Ma-bel! Ma-bel! Or maybe you like Dipper." Mabel squints her eyes and smirks. I hide my face. 

"What about co-captain?" Mabel asks,i'm glad she dropped the subject of me liking Dipper, "There's no such thing as co-captain."

"Aw, whoops." Mabel tossed a camera into the water. 

"Mabel!" 

"Okay, fine! You can be co-captain."

"Can I be associate co-captain?" Soos asks Mabel.

"As co-captain, I authorize that request." Mabel replies to Soos.

"So i'll be the captain's assistant,anything he needs i'll help him." I offer.

"Well, as first co-captain, our number one order of business is to lure the monster out with this.Dipper gestures at a barrel of Fish Food.

" Permission to taste some?"

"Granted." Dipper replies.

" Permission co-granted."

" Permission associate co-granted. Soos licks some,than gags and wipes his tongue, coughing.  "Dude, I don't know what I expected that to taste like!"

********************************

End Of Part 1.

Hey sorry guys for not updating in months! I forgot about this story and suddenly remembered of it when I passed Disney XD and saw the last two episodes to the show. So tomorrow part 2 will be up so stay tunes for more Gravity Falls!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 443 42
What If Chloe lukasiak has a twin sister who is the favorite?
11.4K 248 20
Idk first story so please be nice
16.8K 743 29
In this story A boy named The same as the protagonist's name in his previous life a Boy named Satoru Mikami is and ordinarily Otaku High schooler H...
156K 3.8K 55
After your defeat, sonic decided to spare you.You became something of a anti-hero like shadow and help them on their adventures.The mad doctor now ha...