Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

39. What a way to start your year

11.1K 432 48
By GraceAndGlorious

You all did so well in the shipper name for Rade contest! Read the author's note in the end to find out who won! :)

You'll know why picture on the side --->

Hope you like it! :)

   CHAPTER 39 : What a way to start your year

I woke to all warm and comfortable but with pain in my head. Mmm, I love the smell. What is it?

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ryan with his arms tightly wrapped around me. He had his chin on my head and was still asleep. At least I think that.

He was wearing his white shirt, in which he looked damn good. I looked at his eyelashed and got jealous. Why can't I've just beautiful, perfect lashes? My eyes went to his soft, baby pink lips which looked so inviting. His cheek had a little blush which made him look like a total Greek God. And that too a very handsome one. Aside from his beautiful features, that can make any girl jeolous, he still manage to look so manly and muscular.

Who can look beautiful and manly at the same time?

Only this guy!

I was wrapped so tighly in his arms that it was impossible for me to move but not that I am complaining. At least, I got a closer look of this God like guy's face. 

God, this is so unfair. Why do he looks so nice?

I tried to pull my arm and placed it around his neck and closed my eyes. Mmm, it feels so safe and warm with him. I wish I could be like this forever. But I guess this stupid pain in my head won't let me sleep.

Ahh, please someone stop it! I am going mad.

I blow a gentle breath on his face. He made a kiddish noise and shivered. 

I chuckled lightly at his adorable face. I felt him getting up so I closed my eyes quickly. I felt him tighen his grip on me when he came near my ear and screamed,"BOO!"

I jumped up and looked at his smirking face. 

God, he looks so hot with those messy bed hair! So irrestible.

"What was that for? Is that how you wake up your guest?" I yelled.

"My guests don't sleep with me..or blow on my face...or even check me out when I am sleeping." he stated, causing me too blush. Was he awake all this time? Awkward! He must be thinking I am a creep who watches sleeping people.

"I wasn't." I stammered, narrowing my eyes at him, with crossed arms.

BANG! Ah, my head!

"Yes, you were." he mocked when I felt that pain again. I pressed my head and closed my eyes. 

"What happended? Oh yeah, wait..." he said and ran out of the room.

I ran my eyes around his room and saw that his walls were light blue. Such a guy! There was a big LCD T.V hanging on the front wall and had many beautiful paintings. Who are they from? Who made them?

"Here." he came back and gave me aspirin and a glass of water.

"Thanks." I smiled and took the pills.

Ryan went out when I drank the water. I ran my eyes at my current attire and saw myself, still in yesterday's dress. My dress came up to my upper thigh. I blushed at the thought that I slept the whole night with Ryan like this? 

I straighten my dress when Ryan came back and stood there, staring at me.

"Hey, can you drop me home?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure, let's go." he smiled.

I gave him a small smile and got out of the bed when Ryan said,"Wait, wear this. It's cold outside." 

He offered me his black hoddie, that I loved a lot on him."I already have your grey hoddie."

"No worries. But take this right now. Want to catch cold on the first day of the year?" he said in a playful tone. Yeah, it's 1st of January.

"Hey, Happy new year." I said.

"Same to you Cupcake." he said while he locked his apartment.

It's said what you do at the beginning of the year, is what you'll do throughout the coming year. And what I did? I was sleeping warm in Ryan's arm. Great! 

-

-

I took a long shower when I got home and went downstairs.

Dad wasn't home, as usual. My workoholic father, can't leave work on the first day of the year. 'It's very important to go to work on the first day so that the whole year, I'll be able to make it to work.' his words, not mine.

Nobody was home right now, except me and Sage, who was in here room. All the helpers went home for Christmas and new year celebration. I know, my dad's really big hearted person. He grants holidays to all the helpers on the occasion of Christmas and new year so that they can celebrate it with their families.

I pulled out my phone and checked my facebook notifications. I replied to all the birthday and new year wishes when I saw Aiden's message..

Hey Beautiful, happy birthday. Sorry I couldn't make it your birthday bash but I heard it was amazing. My loss. :) But I hope you had a great birthday. Little Jady turned seventeen today. Bye gorgeous.

Wow, he's still calling me that? Don't people stop calling other girls with those names when they are dating someone? And in this case, that girl's own sister. He's really weird, to be honest. He's dating my sister and calling me gorgeous? That's not good.

I went to Yahoo News when I my eyes went to a news that caught mt attention. It read :

Famous author Sarah Arthur died due to asthma. She was found dead on her bedroom floor on Tuesday morning by her husband. The reports says that it was a panic attack. She panicked when she went out of breath and lost her control.

I was shaking when I read it. Can people die due to asthma? She panicked when she got an attack. It must be painful. I should remain calm when I get an asthma attack next time.

I was eating my lunch alone, watching Modern Family when my phone buzzed with Drew's number. We exchanged our numbers when we met in that History class. He's a cool guy.

"Hey, happy new year Drew." I chirped. Thank God to Ryan that the pain vanished away and I was happy-go-lucky again.

"Hi Jade. We need your help." his voice seemed worried.

I got worried as well and asked,"What happended Drew?"

"It's about Ryan. He's in jail." his words hit me like a bullet.

Ryan's in jail? Why?

I stood still on my current position, not responding to anything because I was too shocked to hear that.

'Jade, are you there?" Drew asked.

"Yeah, I'll be right there in a few minutes." I replied.

"Okay." he said and cut the line.

I grabbed my coat and ran to outside before after shouting,"Sage, I am going out. I'll be back soon. Lock the door."

What could have happended? 

I know Ryan's relation with the policemen is not very positive but I was sick worried.

You know why, because Drew asked for my help. Why would they need my help in getting Ryan out of jail?

I entered the polish station with sweaty hands and searched for Drew. This is the very first time I am visiting a police station and I wish it's the last as well.

"Here Jade." Drew's voice called. I saw the worry in his voice. He's really worried for his friend.

"What happended Drew?" I asked.

"Come with me." he said and lead me to an officer who was sitting on his chair. I saw Ryan sitting inside the cell. His eyes were looking at the ground. He looked so strong and muscular all of a sudden to me.

"Ryan." I whispered, causing him to turn to  me with wide eyes.

"Drew, I told you not to bring her here." he shouted.

"I had to, we had no choice man." Drew replied.

What are these guys talking about? Why am I here?

"Jade, go from here." Ryan ordered.

"Please Jade, stay. We want your help." Drew pleaded.

I looked at Ryan who had a firm look on his face. He didn't want me to stay here any longer because I could see the anger boiling in his eyes.

"I'll stay." I said, still looking at Ryan.

He banged the cell's rod with his hand and ran his fingers through his hair. 

Ooh, sexy move.

Not the time to be pervert.

"Hey, you're here. Why did you bring her Drew?" Ashton said.

"I had to. Come Jade. It won't be too hard. I am so sorry that you had to come here but I had no choice. They're not letting him go." Drew explained.

"No problem Drew but why am I here? What happended to Ryan?" I asked with curiousity.

He took a deep breath and began,"Richard called the cops on him."

I widned my eyes and shouted,"What? But why?"

"He filed the case in account of physical abuse which Ryan caused on him. But we know it's not at all true." 

"Physical abuse?"

"Yeah, he said Ryan punched him last night." as Drew said those words, yesterday's incident came into my mind. I didn't remember mush when I was drunk but a few things and Ryan punching Richard was one of them.

That bastard filed a case of physical abuse on Ryan because he protected me from that jerk?

"Miss Newly, can you please sit down and tell us what happended last night?" an officer asked me politely.

"Yeah." I said and sat down on the chair opposite to him.

"So, this gentleman over here told me that Ryan punched Richard because he was trying to protect you. Is that true?" he asked.

I looked at Ryan's sad face and said,"Yes."

"Can you please explain it a little in detail?" the officer, who had the nameplate written 'Harold' asked.

"Yeah sure. Um. so yesterday was my birthday, that's why we were having that party. I wasn't really fine then so when.." I paused, running my fingers through hair. Good thing, I didn't tell him that I was drunk or he'll throw me in the cell for underage drinking as well.

Then after a few seconds, i began again,"Richard came near me and acted unappropriatly with me. He was forcing me when Ryan pulled him away from me and well..punched him. That's all. It was for my protection sir, he's innocent. That Richard guy is the one with pervert mind. He has done this kind of act with me before as well so I know what kind of a guy he is. I know Ryan, he can't hurt anyone for no reason."

The officer thought for a few minutes and then nodded.

"As you're are witness, we'll free Ryan. Thanks for your help Miss Newly. We'll take action toward Richard as soon as possible and file the case of mental abuse for accusing an innocent person as well." he said with a smile.

"Thanks!" I thanked and got up.

-

-

"You didn't need to do that." Ryan spoke softly.

"I had to." I replied. 

After we left the police station, I and Ryan left together and went for a walk on the silent but pleasing roads. The streets were surrounded by Japanese flower's tree which made them look even more prettier.

"I am sorry." he suddenly burst out and stood on his place.

I tunred to him with confusion and asked,"For what?"

"Sorry that you had to come to a police station because of me."

"It was the least I could do for you. In fact, you are the one I should be thanking because you saved me from that jerk." I said softly.

"But you weren't supposed to come at a place like that." he stated. 

I don't know why he's acting like this? He's acting like it's his fault.

"You protected me Ryan. It was a very little return from my side. You've done a lot for me." I said, causing him to look at me softly.

He came near me and pulled me by my waist gently. He cared my cheek and whispered,"Thank you Rasberry."

I smiled at him but then, a funny though came in my head which caused me to pull away and burst into laughter.

Ryan looked at me with confusion and asked,"What?"

"You went to jail on the first day of the year." I said between my laughs.

He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. 

"What a way to start the year, Matthews."

*******

Short!! :)

So, I loved all the shipping names that you guys gave but there's always a winner right? So, the winner is Patricia and her nickname was 'Comet' because she thinks that they're amazing together. She thinks that it's always that you see something so beautiful like RADE and that's the same with comets. You want to give them blessings everytime you see them because they're so perfect! You can read her comment in the previous chapter.

OTHER AMAZING NAMES :

Baby Lovers, Rasberry Matthews and Shavender, suggested by @ANNATHEREAPER! Aren't they cute? ^-^

Kitty couple(because when you combine their last names, it gives you : Mewly!) suggested by @AbigailLeong6! So cute! :)

All the answers were AMAZING!! I LOVED THEM ALL! Thanks!

HINT : Something will happen that will make you guys happy! ;)

Hope you liked it!

Don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2.4K 31
тнιѕ ιѕ α ѕтσяу ιη ωнι¢н α gιяℓ ηαмє∂ ( у/η) ,ωнσ мσνє∂ ƒяσм σяρнαηαgє тσ σяρнαηαgє ωιтн нєя яι∂є σя ∂ιє ѕιѕтєя αηуα. ƒιηαℓℓу gєт α∂σρтє∂ вυт ησт ву...
158K 6.2K 53
❝ Sometimes, life gives us a story we've never been told before. And sometimes, it's a story we don't know how to start and a story that we don't wan...
97.2K 3K 38
“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe...
558K 2.1K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!