Her Secret Father

By lulubell2002

Blair is a 25 year old who believes she doesn't need to have kids, get a husband, or get a boyfriend. She thi... More

Her Secret Father
Chapter 2- The Dress
Chapter 3- Who Does He Think He Is?!
Chapter 4- The Flower Girl
Chapter 5- 'Baby Got Back'
Chapter 6- Brothers
Chapter 7- Meet the Daddy
Chapter 8- Seth
Chapter 9- Superman or Batman??
Chapter 11- Princess Camden
Chapter 12- Big Girls Don't Cry
Chapter 13- Can't Catch A Break
Chapter 14- Life Isn't Fair
Chapter 15- I Just Want Her Back

Chapter 10- Cupcakes

9K 274 11
By lulubell2002

Her Secret Father

Chapter 10- Cupcakes

Ever since Brayden came to my rescue two weeks ago, he has been calling me every night before we both went to bed. I had finally come to the conclusion that I really liked him yesterday when I kept smiling at nothing and my thoughts always drifted to his face while I was at work. I hadn't seen him since then but we were planning to hang out next weekend because he was busy today and tomorrow with his parents and siblings.

"Hello, are you there, Blair?!" Kylah screamed into the phone, her pregnancy hormones getting the best of her again.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm here, Hun." I sighed, I couldn't wait until Brayden's call tonight.

 "Who the hell has you all spacey, girl? Have you been keeping something from me?" Kylah demanded, her voice getting more stressed as she continued.

 "I have no clue what you are talking about, Ky." I replied, shuffling around my room, trying to find something to wear for the day.

 "You are the worst liar in the planet. It's Saturday night, for goodness sake. You are a beautiful 25 year old woman, Blair! Are you telling me you don't have any plans?" How many times do I have to tell her that I enjoy spending my time either by myself or at the preschool and not out on dates?!

"Ky, shut up! I am perfectly fine spending my Saturday at home! I may even stop in at the preschool I use to work at and help out." I grumbled, irritably.

 "How about you come over instead? I'm babysitting a friend of Camden's daughter and I could surely use your help with the state I'm in." she suggested, obviously not please with my previous plans. I sighed quietly, though on the inside I was happy I would get to babysit.

 "How old is she? What time would you want me to come over?" I asked, already looking forward to seeing this little girl.

 "She will be here in an hour, so at around two? Is that okay with you? That way she has an hour to get settled in and eat some lunch before you come over." I chuckled quietly, distantly hearing Camden shouting at his video game in the background.

 "I'll be there, babes. Do you need anything special?" I asked, my voiced sounding stressed as I attempted to hold my phone in between my shoulder and ear while I searched my closet for an outfit.

"Just bring your baby whisperer magic." she giggled, only she would say that.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours then. Love you!" I pulled my phone away from my ear and ended the call, but not before I heard Ky say she loves me too.

 Just as I hung up the phone, I found an outfit for the day. I pulled the dark gray and red flannel shirt off my hanger and walked over to my dresser to grab a dark gray tank top for underneath. I then grabbed a pair of dark ripped up jeans to wear and a matching set of red lacey underwear and bra. I swiped a small amount of mascara over my already dark eyelashes and then just enough eyeliner to make my chocolate brown eyes pop. I squeezed a bit of gel in the palm of my hand and carefully scrunched my hair into small curls before spraying it with a bit of hairspray. Looking over at the clock I realized I still had an hour before I had to leave to Kylah's house. I pulled on a pair of gray socks and swiftly ran down the hallway before sliding the rest of the way into the kitchen like I did when I was a child.

My stomach growled loudly, demanding my attention making me giggle softly before walking to the refrigerator. I pulled out a bag of grapes, blueberries, kiwi, and a mango to eat for lunch, knowing I would be eating plenty of junk food later with Kylah and the little girl I am babysitting. I grabbed two handfuls of grapes to put into my bowl with a handful of blueberries. I quickly peeled and cut up my mango and kiwi and set them in the bowl with the rest of the fruit. Grabbing a spoon from the drawer, I mixed my fruit up and plopped myself down at the table to munch happily on my food.

 An hour later I was in my truck happily driving to Kylah's house with a two bags of princess and truck toys in my back seat. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wipe the grin off my face as I pulled into Kylah's driveway. I turned the truck off before stuffing my keys in my pocket and jumping out my door. I opened the backdoor and grabbed the two bags of toys and the other bag with ingredients for a few recipes I love doing with kids and my change of clothes for tonight and tomorrow. I walked up the path of stones to her door and knocked swiftly, seeing as I couldn't open the door with my arms full.

"I'm coming!!" I heard Kylah yell, followed by a round of giggles. I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I thought of the possibilities of what the two girls could be laughing at.

 "I told you, you didn't have to bring anything!" Kylah huffed as she opened the door, taking the bag of ingredients and clothes out of my arms. I smiled gratefully before stepping inside the house. I jogged into the living room, where I saw Camden watching Cinderella with a little girl. As I saw the messy blonde curls, I knew exactly who I was babysitting.

"Aurora!" I yelped, running over and lifting her above my head.

"Bear!" she squealed with the same amount of excitement. I began throwing her in the air as she giggled with glee, her blonde curls that were once being held back by a clip now fell around her face, her crystal blue eyes alight with excitement.

 "How are you doing, sweet pea?" I smiled, holding her on my hip as I sat down on the couch.

"Me gweat." Aurora replied, unable to pronounce the "r" in great.

 "That's good, sweetie. Do you want to make some cupcakes??" I giggled as I saw her nod her head enthusiastically and jump off my lap, heading for the kitchen.

"How do you make kids so happy?! Do you know how long it took me to make her decide on a movie?!" Camden exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest, his face set in a pout. I laughed loudly before ruffling his hair like a child and walking into the kitchen with a bounce in my step.

"Ready to make some yummy treats, sweet pea?" I asked, my voice soft and light as I saw Aurora smile.

 "Come on, Bear!!" she whined dragging my arm over to wear Kylah had placed all the ingredients I needed on the counter.

"Thanks, Hun." I smiled, looking at Kylah gratefully. "Do you want chocolate cupcakes or vanilla, sweet pea?"

 "Both, Bear!" Aurora giggled, looking at me pleadingly.

 I nodded my head with a soft smile on my face. "Let's get to work then!"

Two hours later Aurora and I were covered in flour and icing with big grins on our face. We had made over a half a dozen batches of cupcakes before Aurora decided she wanted to frost them. We made pink frosting for Aurora, purple frosting for me, green frosting for Kylah and Camden, and even blue frosting for Aurora's dad. It was safe to say we were a rainbow by the time we finished frosting all of the cupcakes and made our way into the living room where Kylah and Camden were snuggling together on the couch.

"Come look, Uncle Cammy!!" Aurora screamed, bouncing up and down in front of the two lovers.

 "Why are you covered in frosting and flour?" Camden asked, his face scrunched up in confusion.

 "I frosteded." she giggled, before dragging him into the kitchen to show off her cakes. I hope she never loses that innocence.

"What has got you all bent out of shape, babes?" Kylah questioned, her face full of concern.

"I just hope she never loses her innocence." I sighed, trying to put the happy mask back on my face, not wanting Ky to see how upset I was.

"I know, she's so precious and soon the world is going to take that from her." Ky whispered in reply, sorrow filling her features as she listened to Aurora ramble on to Camden about her cakes.

 "Let's just hope she has a long time before she has it ripped away." I muttered, as Aurora came running out of the kitchen and jumping at me giggling.

"Bear!!" she screamed, her little arms wrapping themselves around my neck.

"Hey sweet pea! Do you want to eat some of your cakes?" I asked, already making my way into the kitchen with her still in my arms.

"Yeah!!" she jumped down from my arms in a rush and ran over the hardwood floor in her socks, causing her to slip and fall before she made it to the table.

 "Oh my gosh, sweet pea, are you okay??" I inquired, sprinting over to where she lay on the ground crying and holding her head where she had hit it. I gently picked her up and held her close to my chest as I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. Her little head shook a silent 'no' as she continued to sob into my chest.

"It's okay, sweetie. Shhh, calm down, honey." I murmured into her hair, effectively calming her down.

 "Owwy." she wailed as she touched her head again.

 "Don't touch it, sweet pea. I'm going to get some ice, why don't you go to Auntie Kylah?" I bent down to set her back on her feet but she only held onto me harder and started crying again. "Alright, honey, you can stay with me. Calm down, I'm right here."

 I quickly grabbed a small zip lock bag to put some ice in and then wrapped it in a dish towel so it would be to cold on her sensitive head. I continued to whisper comforting words to her as I gently sat the bag on ice on her head, to distract her from the sensation of the cold coming in contact with her small bump.

I walked into the living room and carefully laid her down on the couch making sure her head was on a pillow with the bag of ice still touching her bump. "There you go, sweet pea. What do you say we watch Beauty and the Beast, huh? That one was always my favorite."

"Okay, Bear." she mumbled, obviously tired.

"Don't fall asleep, sweetheart. If you stay up, we can play with the toys in the two bags I brought, alright, honey?" I would let her play with the toys anyway, but she needed to stay up in case she has a concussion.

I tenderly brushed her soft curls out of her face and re-clipped that to the right side of her head. Placing a soft kiss on her forehead, I stood up to put the movie on. As the previews started, I padded back over to where Aurora was laying on the couch and laid behind her so that her head was laying on my arm and watched my favorite childhood movie with her.

 *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Kylah's P.O.V.

I watched the two of them interact with Camden's arms wrapped around my waist, and I couldn't help but think I had finally beat Blair at her own game. She's always saying she is fine without a lover and kids but seeing her with Aurora just proved her wrong. She wants and needs a family of her own as much as everyone thinks she does. She is the only person I know that can calm a crying baby in a matter of seconds and be able to take care of a houseful of toddlers at the same time.

"Why doesn't she just admit that she wants kids?" Cam mumbled into my hair, tenderly rubbing circles on my swollen belly.

 "She is a stubborn, head-strong, independent woman. What do you expect? She grew up in a house full of men, all she has ever known how to do is hide her feelings and defend herself." I sighed, shaking my head at my best friend. She needed a book on how to love.

 "Want to ditch her and go out to eat?" he whispered into my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

"It is our job to babysit, Cam, not hers." I reminded him with a roll of my eyes.

"She could handle it by herself and you know it." he said, kissing my neck.

"Keep your damn lips to yourself, babe. I'm not leaving Blair to deal with Aurora by herself and that is final, understand?" I reprimanded, my voice stern but a smile on my face.

"Yes, ma'am!" Cam replied, mock saluting me as he walked back into the kitchen to grab another cupcake. He is such a pig.

 I made my way over to the couch and carefully took the bag of ice off of Aurora's head and set it on the side table. She and Blair now lay asleep, comfortably cuddled up on the sofa, though you could tell they were both chilly by the goose bumps on both of their arms. I grabbed the fleece blanket from the back of the couch and tucked in around them both, before straightening up and smiling at the sight before me. Blair had a soft smile on her face, with her arms wound around Aurora securely, preventing her from accidently rolling off the sofa. Aurora also had a smile on her face, her head resting on Blair's arm, her thumb tucked in her mouth and her body snug up against Blair's. It was picture perfect. If you were looking in at the two from outside you would think they were mother and daughter, they sure did act like it.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Thank you for reading:) I hoped you liked it!! Isn't Aurora just adorable?? There will be more Brayden in the next chapter...Possibly his P.O.V. :) Sorry for making you wait so long on the upload, but I will try to upload every weekend from now on:) I can't believe my baby is already 10!!  Remember, the more feedback I get, the faster I upload!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 435 39
****ATL FANFICTION********** SEQUEL TO My Life Isn't complicated.. Sarah Dawson's life has always been a little complicated and its about to get 10 t...
7.5K 223 11
Hope Grayson, mermaid, beautiful, princess. Hope has five siblings, four sisters and one brother, Mitch. Mitch is twenty three and they're oldest sis...
241K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...
18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...