Dawn of a New Day || Stefan S...

By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Olivia Gilbert, the twin sister of Elena Gilbert has a secret. One that began a month before the crash that k... More

Prologue
1.1 - A Hard First Day
1.2 - The New Boy in School
1.3 - Party at the Falls
1.4 - A Brother Returns
2.1 - A New Start to the Day
2.2 - Damon Salvatore?
2.3 - A Lonely Comet
3.1 - A Harder Morning
3.2 - Dinner Plans
3.3 - Awkward Gathering
3.4 - The Death of Coach Tanner
4.1 - To Make Plans
Wattys2016
4.2 - The First Try
4.3 - The Founders Party
5.1 - Quiet Separation
5.2 - Making up for Mistakes
5.3 - Sexy Suds Car Wash
6.2 - Conversation Between Two Sisters
6.3 - Transitioning into a Vampire

6.1 - Mystery Uncovered

2.3K 60 8
By X-Lisa-Anne-X

For those who don't read my personal message updates on Wattpad or Quotev, there has been a reason why I disappeared from all my stories lately. A family member had to be put to sleep, my best friend, my puppy. I had no feeling in wanting to continue stories but some of it is coming back to me, and that's why I'm giving you guys an update today. Updates will never really be regular but I do try, just please be patient.

Thank you so much for all the messages I received when I put up my hiatus note, they all meant so much to me!

Let me know what you think about this chapter because I LOVE reviews and they always make my day!

Dawn of a New Day has reached 500 Favs/Follows on Quotev – ahh! Thank you so much, guys! You're the reasons why I keep writing as much as I can!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 6.1 - Mystery Uncovered

Olivia didn't know what to do, much less what to say. She just stood there, less than a meter away from the threshold with the look of something between shock and horror leaking into her features. She blinked, and then blinked again but still, her sister was standing right in front of her, staring at her with such ...

She couldn't even describe what vibes she was receiving from her.

The air was filled with a tense silence and no one knew what to say.

That is until Elena finally started opening her mouth to talk.

"What are you?" The human brunette breathed, her eyes still widened at what she had just witnessed her sister do. Her heart pounded against her chest like a band of drum beats, but her voice sounded more confident than what she felt inside. When she received no answer, only a pair of unknown stares, she started to get a little angry. Her head was completely turned towards her sister, basically ignoring Stefan's actual presence. She repeated her words, putting more force into them this time but there was an undeniable crack in it, "What are you?"

Of course, she already knew the answer ... deep down. But she wanted someone to just tell her she was crazy, that this was all just some ridiculous dream and that she'd wake up any second now.

Olivia's mouth kept opening and then closing again, almost as if she were imitating an out-of-water fish. She continued to stare at her sister for a few extra moments because she knew – Olivia was aware that her sister knew what she was just by witnessing the fear riddling in her eyes. This, right now, would just be an inevitable confirmation of the fact.

"You've already guessed it, Elena." She finally spoke, her words sad and heartbreaking to her ears. This was part of the reason why she was afraid to tell Elena, or anyone, for that matter. There was fearfulness in her sister's eyes and they flamed even further the moment her sentence finished. "You already know."

Elena shook her head as her body began to shiver, "No, I don't." She denied, unconsciously taking a step back from the vampires in front of her.

Olivia felt tears prickle at the corners of her eyes, "Yes, you do." She countered, "Otherwise you wouldn't be here asking that question." She took small steps forwards so that she was in front of Stefan but this just made Elena take another step back. The young vampire felt a sting in her heart from the action.

Elena felt her own eyes welling up, "No, it's NOT possible." She pushed again, not able to believe the insaneness of the idea that her sister – her own twin sister was a blood sucking monster. "It can't be." Vampires were bloodsucking fiends, they were demons.

Olivia knew there was no getting around this anymore – no more lies. There was only the truth left because there is no way was she going to erase her sister's memory of this knowledge, she couldn't do it, and there's no way she was letting anyone else do it either. "Lena-" She was cut off by her sister's snap.

"Don't call me that!" The words were automatic as a tear rolled down the side of Elena's cheek, "You have no right." She choked harshly, and this time, the crack in her voice was evident.

Olivia couldn't help but flinch at the grating tone of her sister's words but tried to not let it get to her. This is her own fault after all. She continued from before she was interrupted, "Everything you know and every belief that you have ever had is about to change." She paused, "Are you ready for that?"

Elena swallowed deep but her breathing stayed heavy, "What ... are you?" She repeated for the final time, trying to keep her composure.

Olivia could feel Stefan shift next to her, and his hand slips into hers. She felt a small amount of comfort but there would never be enough to make her feel any better about what she was about to announce. After taking a deep unneeded breath, she finally revealed her darkest secret to someone she loved.

"I'm a vampire, Elena."

The air grew still and silence echoed throughout the air.

Elena's heart started speeding up. Letting out a stuttering breath, another tear rolled down the side of her cheek, "I-I shouldn't have come over." She stuttered, feeling the urge to run away. All she could see standing in front of her was her sister, but it wasn't at the same time. She was afraid of her own sister and Stefan who was still standing there in the doorway. Elena hadn't even realized it but her feet were stumbling back from the door more noticeably now.

"No, wait-" Olivia started saying, moving forwards to stop her sister from moving away but all that did was make the human panic even more. Elena dodged her and quickly brushed passed, avoiding all contact what-so-ever. Olivia hated to think it, but she needed to calm her sister down before something regrettable happened. She couldn't allow her sister to talk to anyone of importance that may know, or believe in the existence of vampires. It would mean a death sentence for not only her but Stefan and Damon as well.

Elena had almost made it to her car before a whooshing sound fluttered through the air and a sudden sight before her eyes made her stumble back in fright. A gasp left her parted lips, her heart momentarily stopping inside her chest.

"How did you do that?" Elena demanded, physically scared of the person standing in front of her after coming out of nowhere. Her sister. Olivia was standing there, a desperate look on her face. Elena looked behind her to see only Stefan standing by the door now, just watching. It's almost as though he had no idea what to do and all he could do was watch the event unfold.

"Elena, please, don't be afraid of me," Olivia begged, but knew it was no use deep inside, especially after having sped in front of her just like that. This was the second time her sister had seen her use the ability in front of her.

"Let me go." There was a moment of silence where the two just stared at each other. Elena started slowly moving around her sister, cautiously heading towards the car inch by inch. Olivia just stood there, unsure what to do but knew it wouldn't do any good to keep trying to stop Elena from running at this moment. If she tried to stop Elena again, things would backfire just as it had done when she sped in front of her. She didn't want to scare her sister away anymore, so she stopped herself from making Elena stay, for now.

She could only watch as the brunette quickly climbed into the vehicle, strapping on the seat belt even faster as if she were being chased by a monster. After turning on the engine, she sped away with tires squealing. The car was out of sight within a matter of seconds.

Olivia felt Stefan coming up beside her when her eyes filled with ushered tears. She knew what had to be done and it had to be sooner rather than later. Elena needed to know everything. Every little detail.

"Liv, she can't tell anyone about what we are." He cautioned his girlfriend but knew she had already thought about it already. "The town can't know that vampires are back in Mystic Falls." He knew she would never compel someone unless she had to, especially someone from her own family, but Elena did need to know the risks involved with knowing this information and what could happen if anything got out.

Olivia felt herself nodding but it was numb at the same time, "I know." She said softly, still looking in the direction of where the car drove away, "I-I just-" She couldn't seem to form words, part of her unable to really grasp what had just happened. What would Elena do? Would she really tell the people of this town that her sister was a vampire? Would she keep the secret? And even if she did keep it, what would happen to their relationship? What would happen to their sisterly bond? She could almost picture the disgusted looks and distant remarks that may end their sisterly bond.

"Hey," Stefan moved in front of her, taking her face into his hands, drawing small comforting circles at the base of her cheeks. He was doing what he did best, keeping her grounded and focused. "Everything's going to be okay." He told her, and even though he wasn't sure deep down if it was true, his words sure sounding confident. "She's your sister, your twin." He reminded her, "Even if she doesn't accept it right away, she will do, in time. It's just a lot to take in all at one time."

Olivia did feel a little bit better, but she understood what he was also saying.

She just prayed that things would just turn out for the best.

...

Elena was breathing heavy, her chest pulsing up and down as if someone was pushing down on it with force. The information just kept reeling through her mind, every word was churning, again and again, giving her no rest. After throwing her car keys onto the bed, she went to the bathroom with no real plan in mind. She stared at the mirror, still gasping to herself.

She didn't know what to do, or even what to think.

She shakily ran a hand through her hair before turning towards her brother's bedroom. She walked over to the door that connected his bedroom to their bathroom and peeked her head through the gap that was made. She saw with relief that Jeremy was lying in his half-egg chair, listening to music and playing video games, keeping himself entertained. She slowly and quietly closed the door, satisfied he was home and safe.

Elena just couldn't keep still; she paced around her room, took off her shoes and then ripped off her jacket. She lied back on her bed so her face stared up at the ceiling, but even there she didn't stay for long. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins, coursing with what she could assume was fear. The window. She remembered, clambering up from the bed as quickly as she could before going over and closing it shut. Making sure the inside lock was on.

Letting out a deep breath, she rested her head against the cold pane, wanting her heart to stop racing as hard as it was.

"Elena."

Elena jumped, her body snapping around with straight turn, a frightful gasp flying through her lips.

Standing there was Olivia, her sister ... the vampire.

Elena's eyes started flickering to the open bedroom door and for some reason, the illogical side of her brain thought she could run out of the room faster than a vampire could. She tried that but suddenly found herself pressed against the now closed door, her head resting on the warm wood. The door closed just before reaching it, so she had bumped into the piece of wood. She could feel Olivia standing behind her, her hand resting against the door near her head.

"Elena, I would NEVER hurt you," Olivia promised as she successfully stops her sister from leaving without a talk. Her sister's body shook and she could hear the small whimpers coming out of her mouth – it made the vampire feel undeniably guilty, but she pushed it aside, for now, this wasn't the time. This is your fault. She told herself, You brought this on yourself, Olivia. "But you NEED to listen to me, please. You're safe with me, I promise."

Elena's bottom lip wobbled as her courage started to return to her, "But all those animal attacks?" That was the code word for dead bodies that were most likely killed by vampires, from what she had been able to gather. "All those people who died?" She couldn't believe the sister she knew would do such a thing, but right as of an hour ago, she really had no idea anymore.

Elena was now looking behind her, her body turning the other way so now her back rested against the door. She stared into the eyes of the vampire, her own sister, Olivia Gilbert.

"None of them were from either me or Stefan," Olivia promised in a strong voice, feeling just a touch happy that Elena was letting her speak, letting her explain herself a bit more. "That was Damon."

"D-Damon?" Elena's voice shook.

"Yes," Olivia nodded, letting out a breath, "Stefan doesn't drink human blood and I survive with other methods."

The memory of finding those blood bags came back to Elena, "Blood bags from the hospital?" She couldn't believe she just said that out loud, but it indicated that she had found them under the bed.

Olivia swallowed hard but was surprised none the less, realizing just how Elena had completely put everything together. "That's right." She confirmed, "It's how I choose to survive and Damon's the one who chooses to take lives rather than save them." Elena stayed silent, just staring at her, so she continued, "But I'll explain everything to you, but I'm begging you, please DO NOT tell anyone about what you learned tonight. About me, about Stefan, and even about Damon."

"H-How can you ask me that?" Elena asked in a small voice, feeling trapped. She didn't even know how to explain everything to herself rationally, let alone to other people. The question just ran through her lips before she could even stop it.

Olivia did feel a pinch of hurt at the question because there was a pretty self-explanatory answer if you thought about it. "Because just knowing this is dangerous and for so many reasons. It's why I kept it from you in the first place."

Elena stayed silent and just looked at her sister with her eyes filled with tears again.

"You can hate me and never want to see me again." It hurt even having to say this, "But I need you to trust me."

Again, all she received was silence.

Olivia felt her own eyes welling up again, "I'll be at Stefan's for a couple of days." She told her sister, wanting to give some room after everything that came up tonight. "And when you're ready to listen, just let me know and I'll tell you everything that you want to know." She paused. "I promise."

The next thing Elena knew was that she was staring at an open window, the one she had previously locked. One last sentence rang through her ears before Olivia had disappeared, a small whispered admission.

'I never wanted this.'

...

Slurp. Slurp. Slurp.

Damon's head was buried in the neck of a female dressed in black leather clothing, her hair and neck now matted with her own blood. His teeth were still dug deep into the vein of this woman's neck as he ate his last body. There were others surrounding him, three more dead bodies. There was still one left that he could probably drain a little more, the depressing blonde he had started to eat in the forest just after he arrived in Mystic Falls. The very same one he nearly chucked off the roof the other night to try to get his brother drinking human blood.

Damon chucked his head back with a satisfying moan releasing from his lips, the empty body flopping to the ground like a rag doll. He used his thumb to wipe the blood seeping down his lips and sucked on the last remnants of the girl he killed. To wipe the rest off, he used the dead woman's sleeve so it didn't look like he ate like a pig, even though he probably did.

He didn't know how long he had gone without blood but knew it had been several days. Combining that with the fact he was held captive with a vast amount of vervain surrounding him, he had been starving.

"So much better." He sighed, delighted by the feeling of a warm and full stomach.

Shaking his head, he started getting down to business on clearing the mess he had made. He could leave it, but then he knew what kind of trouble that would bring, and not from his brother or Olivia. But the people of Mystical Falls. He may have been killing people in town, but he was also very careful. Well, mostly careful. Part of him just assumed that people had forgotten that vampires even existed, but deep down, he knew that would never happen. Especially after what happened the last time in this depressing little town.

Damon grunted a little as he dragged the multiple bodies to a little section of the place he found them. Stoner Peak in the Cemetery. He had no idea if it was really called that, he just made it up. He had already been in the middle of setting his first body on fire with the help of alcohol as an accelerant, and now all he did was pile the bodies, one by one so they all burned to a crisp, along with how they really died.

Before he deep fried the second to last body, he grabbed the mobile device from his pocket, intent on making a very important call to his loving brother. The phone rang three times before someone actually picked up the call, and Damon was very much pleased to hear his brother answer.

"Hello?" Stefan's confused voice sounded through the speaker. The number that flashed on his phone was an unknown one, he hadn't recognized it. But the voice that replied to him gave all that needed to know.

"I want my ring." Damon skipped the pleasantries, following his sentence with several large gulps of the vodka he had been using to burn the bodies behind him. He wasn't in the mood for playing games, so he hoped Stefan wouldn't start playing around with him. He may have had a very nice buffet, but he was still up high in the pissed-off land.

"Where are you?" Stefan said instead, saying nothing about the piece of jewelry. He knew the moment the first word was spoken that it was his brother on the other end of the line.

Damon let out a quirk of a grin, "I'm at the sizzler." He replied, pouring some more of his vodka onto the flames, igniting it even further. He didn't even care that he may or may not burn the entire forest down. It was none of his concern. "I had a buffet." The grin suddenly ceased, "Now, where is my ring?"

"I don't have it." Stefan grounded, pacing as he stood next to Olivia, standing outside the Gilbert residence. She hadn't left since running out of that window, not wanting to leave her brother and sister alone, even though they thought she wasn't there for the night. Jeremy probably didn't know, thinking about it. It was just Elena she had told of her plans to stay at Stefan's. "Where are you? What have you done?" He asked again.

Olivia stared at Stefan, clearly hearing every word from the conversation. She had a deep weight weighing in her gut because she knew that what could have happened, wasn't good. Damon sounded way too happy earlier and she knew how hungry he must have been after being released from his cage.

"Oh, no." Damon drawled, pleased to be getting to his brother at least, and he could only assume that Olivia was with him. "What have you and your girl done?" He retorted, his voice returning with a pinch of anger. "This is all your fault – you're the ones that locked me in the basement and starved me. So, whatever I've done and whoever I've sucked dry, it's all on you two, bud."

"Damon, you are being careless." Olivia finally spoke up, telling the other vampire she was indeed listening in on the conversation. Her voice was cautious but there was a hard tone to it. She stepped next to Stefan and he placed the phone between them, letting her get a say in this exchange. "If there are people in Mystic Falls that know about vampires, then how many more bodies do you think they're just going to pass by before they conclude that we've come back? That we're actually living here." There were so many animal attacks lately that it did scare her deep down. And it wasn't just because of any one thing, there were multiple reasons.

Damon rolled his eyes on the other line, "I know how to cover my tracks, baby vamp." He countered, "Now Stefan, where is my ring?" Getting back to the point.

"I gave it to Zach to hide," Stefan told his brother, lying through his teeth while sounding pretty convincing at the same time. This made Damon pause on the other end, trying to judge whether his brother was telling the truth or not. "You probably shouldn't have killed him."

After a few moments, a little snort came back as a reply. Damon didn't believe him. "Ah, you almost got me there, little brother." He gave a short laugh before stopping as soon as it came. He turned serious again, "Where is it?" He demanded in a lower tone, through with playing around.

Stefan glanced over to Olivia who looked as conflicted as he felt. He knew that if he didn't give the ring back, bad things would happen. But if he did give it back, everything would go back to how it was before they locked him up. It was Olivia's reluctant nod that made up his ultimate decision. Her family was on the line, she had an Aunt, a brother, and a sister to think about. The townspeople, in general, were also something to deeply think about too. Damon could just as easily go after any one of them if he didn't get what he wants.

"I'll get it back." Stefan finally said to his brother, reluctant. "But I need time." Deep down, he knew that was pushing it.

"What, did you FedEx it to Rome?" Damon snapped, peeved to be waiting any longer than he had to. "Where is it?! I want my ring! Or my next stop is to visit Elena Gilbert."

Olivia could feel her fists clenching, so hard so that she could crumble a brick or even something thicker within the grasp. She felt a hand touching her arm to calm her down. She was angry. There was no way Damon was getting anywhere near her sister, let alone anyone else that's close to her as long as she lived.

Stefan was grounding his own teeth, feeling the same touch of anger. "I already want you dead." He replied, "Don't give me another reason to make it happen."

"Don't give me another reason to rip you apart." Damon retorted.

"Yeah?" Stefan raised an eyebrow even though his brother wouldn't be able to see it, "Is that before or after you get your ring back?"

Damon took a pause, seeing that dilemma. But shaking his head, he got back to the point with a narrowing of his eyes. "Just get it." He demanded, flipping the phone closed before another word could be pushed in. Rolling his eyes, he slipped the phone into his pocket, just in case it's needed for later. Especially if Stefan hasn't given back his ring yet.

The last body that needed to be burned came back into view as he turned around – that Vicki girl. She was still lying by the car, on her back and her neck was still slowly flowing with blood. He could smell it. There was probably still a bit more left in her, but he was just too full, to be honest. It was probably best to burn her at this point, thinking her blood probably wouldn't taste as good if he kept her around a few more hours. He could just find another body to drain.

As he started pouring some of the vodka onto to her but the body suddenly jerked on the ground, coughs spluttering out of Vicki's mouth. She was still alive, but barely.

Damon raised a furrowed brow at this, surprised this teenager was still alive, breathing. This one seemed to have a knack for staying alive, even though her life was so very depressing from what he could tell since he started using her as a ploy.

Vicki stayed unconscious and she went still again after a couple of seconds. But she was still clearly alive despite being so exceedingly low on blood. Damon could hear her slow heartbeat, but it was low and since he wasn't concentrating on the sound of a heartbeat, that would be why he didn't realize she was still alive in the first place.

"Well, well, well," He murmured to himself, tilting his head towards the living and breathing woman bleeding out on the ground. "You just don't want to die, do you?" He bent down next to her, brushing away some of the hair covering her neck. Unconsciously, he licked his lips. "Now, what am I going to do with you?"

...

Hours later; Elena was still wide awake and laying on her bed, hiding under the covers with them pulled up to her neck. She tossed and turned, but still couldn't sleep. A couple of times through the night she had peaked into her sister's room, and each time she found it empty, along with the overnight bag she kept in her cupboard. At one point, she even stared at the blood bags again, they were still there, minus the half-one.

Even though she couldn't believe it, everything was starting to sink is, as crazy as that sounded.

She had calmed down since the confrontation, but there was still a wariness and even a little fear being carried around with her. As much as it's unbelievable to even say that her sister was a vampire, she needed to know more, she should demand more.

After a much thought-out decision, she reached for the phone sitting on her bedside table and dragged it underneath the covers with her. Making an uneasy swallow with her hands lightly shaking, she started typing. Sending a text message to Olivia's phone.

Meet me at the Grill without Stefan.

11am.

Elena pressed send, and all she could do is wait until that time came.

After placing the phone where she originally grabbed it from, she let out a breath and started to close her eyes, hoping sleep would wrap her in a warm and comforting blanket throughout the rest of the night.

Author's Note || Follow, Fav, and Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 132 45
Nevaeh Gilbert, sister to Elena Gilbert, she is loving and caring Gilbert. Will she fall in love with Stefan or Damon.
4.3K 97 26
A young girl is forced to stay with her Aunt in Mystic Falls after her father passes... but she soon uncovers the secrets that the small town holds.
979K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
6.3K 69 23
Dear diary, Bea Bennett (me), twin sister to bonnie Bennett. A witch from mystic falls who's best friend is Elena Gilbert the newly turned vampire...