Shelter: I'm Not Alone

By Shena-kun

A 17-year-old girl named Rin, who finds herself living in a virtual reality world. Each day, she uses a table... More

((Music Video))
((Introduction))
|| Chp. 1 - Encountering Delusions ||

|| Prologue ||

668 29 13
By Shena-kun

<< You got a new message! >>

To: Rin
From: Dad

There was just so little time left after you were born.

I don't know how much love I managed to pour into raising you after your mother died...

But' Your smile kept me going.

I would like to have come with you, but I couldn't.

I wanted you to forget everything and move on... I know you'd be alright.

But you'll get lonely, and remember.
I know you'll grow stronger, and read this letter some day.

I really wish we could have spend more time together. I'm sorry.

You were so young back then, too young to understand what they meant. So let me repeat...

My final words to you...

Thank You.

...

<< You clicked the 'Reply' button >>
...

[Write a message at the text box below]

~Beep~

<< Inserting text... >>

(♥)
--Rin's POV--

To: Dad
From: Rin

It's been 2 days ago I've received your message...

I felt more stronger than before, Dad.

I wish you were here to guide me and redo all the moments we had done.

Those moments when we play on the playground...

Those moments I had my great birthday...

Those moments you combed my hair...

Those moments we went to a trip at the shrine...

And... Those moments we parted ways...

I wished that cold nostalgia never revived to my mind. Yet like I said, this makes me stronger than before.

It was better to not know anything than to reveal the painful truth to myself.

Because of this, my old ways living in this world.

My world...

Has vanished not so long ago and completely changed myself until today.

I was empty and innocent before - enjoying the thousand of days, waiting for an answer.

Also known, a message from someone.

Everyday as I woke up, I always check my tablet if there's a new message that sended to me.

Usually... It will marked to my instinct in this following words.

"<< No Message Since 2647 Days >>"

Afterwards, a new day will shine upon me.

Thinking endless possibilities on how will I create my world.

I can make a vibrant, fresh grasslands with a healthy, blue sky and trees scattered everywhere.

Or maybe today, a mythical bamboo forest with slight dewdrops falling from the golden clouds will make my morning's mood into a fine shape.

If you ask: "How about later..?"

Well.

At night, I can shift the place into something new. Like, glistening and sparkling crystal mountains that conquered the lands. Additional, adding a mighty breeze makes me more confident climbing the mountains.

This world. I'm the only who rule and have the ability to control this simulation.

If only you were here, Dad... Mom... We can share our happiness together.

...

... I'm not crying, I'm just. Happy that you two are here to guide me.

Whispering me with love roaming inside my heart.

Actually, I should be the one to say 'Thank you'...

You took good care of me when I was young and I always want it to pay it back.

So, here I am...

Saying: Thank you for all the things you've done for me.

...

Oh, I almost forgot...

Yesterday~

Water splashed at my face!

Yes, on my tablet. I made a mighty waterfall with a running river, covered in groups of brilliant lilypads on the lake.

I sat beside it and watched the waterfall roar in a loud tone, while humming a tune on my headphones.

The song was very old, but I never get so weary about it.

The time we dance on the living room? That song was entertainly fun!

I always listen to the same tune before my memories derived.

...

Yet, out of nowhere...

The clouds was getting heavy...
I looked up and saw a digital whirlpool beyond the simulation.

I was feared and shocked as I felt chills on my back; Watching the sky being corrupted with bright light.

Upon that light, I was blinded by it for a minute.

Then, the luminous atmosphere slowly disappearing from the view.

That's not all...

There was a form of man. Falling from the sky like a flaming asteroid crashing and almost broke the system.

Dad. I don't know if your the one who planned this, but on how irony it looks.

Your words became true.

What do I mean..?

You see, that's where the fact transformed into a miracle.

He almost looks like you... But younger.

He laid cursedly on the grass, covered with pixelated rocks and mud.

I realized on what you said to me...

I'm not alone.

Message sent

~•~•~•~•~
(♥)
~•~•~•~•~
Special Fanart for this chapter.
#1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314 38 3
HER PAST & HIS FUTURE -a tale of love, mystery and drama Ending up in a year three decades away from yours when you just wanted to visit a temple fro...
2.5K 66 18
Hola soy M.E.OC y este el primer Fan fic que hago en mi vida, esta basada en una de mis series favoritas de youtube hecha por Alan Becker Animator vs...
3.3K 345 56
After ten years in prison, Yancy is suddenly taken from the closest thing to a home he had for a top-secret government experiment. For years now, hig...