The Bodyguard

By thatstardustgirl

Emma Swan is a young woman married to a rich and important entrepreneur of Los Angeles. Although they live wi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Important! Please read
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 35

3.1K 202 89
By thatstardustgirl

As the lawyer handed her the large paper, Emma took a deep breath before reaching out for the elegant pen that lied on the table.

"Your signature at the bottom of the page, please" he indicated "And that would be the last thing"

A signature. Just a simple signature and her union with Walsh Anderson would finally be over. Their marriage was about to end; no more Mrs. Emma Anderson, no more Walsh's wife. No. She would simply return to be Emma Swan, as she had always felt and liked.

It really was a moment of anxiety and nervousness, but Emma remained calmed. After all the things she had gone through she was finally going to set herself free.

It felt like a dream.

The blondie, without thinking it twice, signed the document that stated her divorce from Walsh Anderson.

And damn, didn't it feel good.

"Alright, Miss Swan" the lawyer told her "That would be all"

It had been a very long and tedious process since the first day she had asked for the divorce. Due to the fact that Walsh was being investigated by the authorities and was in prison, things to disunite them were not quite as simple. But Emma never gave up; and now that she had heard the words "That would be all", her whole self felt much better.

Emma thanked the lawyer, who had helped her a lot with the case and made his job perfectly, before leaving the office with a wide smile on her face.

Killian was sitting at the waiting room when he heard a couple of high heels against the floor. He stood up, gazing curiously at Emma.

"So?" He asked.

"I did it. I'm officially no longer married to Walsh!" She exclaimed, embracing him tightly.

"I'm so glad, love" he said before Emma pulled apart, willing to kiss him right on the lips.

However, a nervous Killian stepped back. She was confused, so he whispered with all possible discretion:

"Swan, your parents are here"

Emma looked leftwards. How hadn't she seen them? Probably due to the excitement of the situation.

"Mom, Dad!" She said as she hugged them "You're here! But, how? I thought you had something to do today"

"We had," Mary Margaret said "But we also knew how important this moment was so we decided to be here with you instead. We love you, sweetie, and we're very proud of you"

Emma grinned "Thank you, guys. I'm so happy you came"

"Well, I believe this should be celebrated" David said "How about we eat together?"

"Sounds fantastic" Emma replied "Where?"

"What about Angelo's?"

"Yes! I love that place. We should totally order some pizza"

"I agree" her father replied before Mary Margaret looked curiously at Killian, who had slightly lowered his head.

"Killian" Mary Margaret called him.

"Yes, Mrs. Swan?"

"You know you're also invited to come, aren't you?"

He frowned briefly in confusion before smiling nervously "I am? I-It's okay, really. I don't want to bother. You can take your daughter out and I'll go to-"

"No, no, no" She cut him off politely "Don't be silly. You're coming with us. You're part of the group"

Emma gazed at her mom with a grateful smile as Killian accepted the invitation. The four of them walked to the parking lot and stopped in front of their respective cars.

"We'll see you at the restaurant" David told them before opening the door for his wife.

~•••~

The sunny city of Los Angeles was as usual; the same people, the same traffic jam, the same buildings and palm trees. The world hadn't changed at all, but Emma Swan's world definitely had.

She stared at the outside through the car's window, realizing how her life had been turned upside down for good, giving her a bright and beautiful second chance.

"What are you thinking of?" Killian asked, eyeing her quickly before returning his gaze to the road.

Emma smiled and moved her head to the road as well "Just... How things have changed since I met you"

"In a good or in a bad way?" He teased her.

"Try with extraordinary"

Killian couldn't help grinning "I love you, Swan"

"And I love you too, Jones"

As the car kept rolling, the duo remained in silence. There were still a few kilometers left until they reached the restaurant.

"Maybe we should tell my parents during diner" Emma said, breaking the silence.

"Tell them what?"

"That we're planning on moving to Colorado"

Killian shifted in his seat "Swan, don't you think it's slightly rushed to tell them right away? I mean, you signed your divorce papers less than thirty minutes ago"

"Well, they have to learn sooner or later"

"Yeah, but not today. Unless you want to make things uncomfortable between your parents and I"

Emma laughed "Don't tell me that you're scared about what they think?"

"Well... Maybe I am. I wanna like them, Swan"

"They already do. They invited you to dinner, didn't they?"

"Aye, but one thing is to eat pizza together and another one is to tell them I'm gonna live with you... Formally"

Emma shook her head "Come on, Killian. They don't bite"

"I'm just telling you, it's gonna be awkward... Besides, it's already weird because they know we had an affair while you were still married. I'm not saying they hate me but..." He sighed "Look, I only want to gain their trust and give them a better impression of me"

Emma was about to complain but stopped herself before even opening her mouth. She analyzed things and understood Killian's position, realizing that he just wanted everything to be done properly.
Yes, she was dying to finally have an apartment of their own, begin a new life in her hometown and even start a family, but agreed with Killian.

All at its time. She thought. Just be patient.

"Alright" Emma said "No speaking of the subject today"

Killian held Emma's hand and squeezed it gently "We'll tell them eventually, don't worry. All at its time"

She smiled, loving that he had said the same thing she had thought. They were so in sync.

"Changing the topic a little bit..." Killian went on "I spoke to Robin this morning. He already had the results of my application"

Since they were moving back to Colorado and planned on having a new life, Killian had decided to retire from being a bodyguard. He loved his job, but he didn't want to risk his neck in the field now that he had Emma. So, he talked to his boss about a change of position. He would still be working for the company, but in a complete different way.

Emma raised her eyebrows "And what did he say?" She asked eagerly.

Killian bit his lower lip "Well, you're talking to the future deputy director of Security Corp"

She gasped in surprise before grinning, kissing him on the cheek swiftly afterwards "Oh my God, Killian! That's incredible!l"

"I know, right? When Robin told me that the council had accepted my application I was over the moon"

"I can imagine your excitement. So when do you start working?"

"In three months, more or less. Perfect time to get ready for the moving"

"Totally" she agreed "It all seems to be doing just fine"

"That's because we have each other. As long as we're together everything will be alright"

Emma nodded "You're such a romantic, Mr. Bodyguard. Or should I say, deputy director?"

Killian blushed slightly "You can still call me that way, you know why?"

She gazed at him delighted before he continued.

"Because I'm always going to be your bodyguard, Emma Swan. I'm gonna be by your side to protect you no matter what"

Killian held her hand once again, kissing it delicately as she felt the warmth of his lips on her skin.

It was all she had ever wanted and more. It was extraordinary and beautiful.

It was simply perfect.

==========

Surprise! This chapter is not the last one 😁 I'm adding Chapter 36 and an epilogue because I wanted to close this is story properly.

Stay tuned for my small Captain Swan Christmas Story. I hope to have it published in a week.

Thanks and don't forget to vote and comment! 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 1.1K 16
AU setting (No magic) in which Emma Swan is a criminal private investigator. Her life takes a turn when her boss tells her she must now work with a m...
83.8K 5.7K 33
Emma Swan thought that falling for a guy, at first sight, was impossible, until one day she met Killian Jones aboard a train. The strong and unexpec...
39K 1.4K 16
AU Captain Swan fanfiction, from Emma's 1st person point of view. Emma Swan, a foster child without any roots has been going to the same school for t...
15.1K 763 55
This is a OUAT fanfiction! There is no curse. Emma Swan is Sheriff in Storybrooke, Main. Graham is the sheriff with her. A man named Killian Jones c...