Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

Juette_Curtina tarafından

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
👑Epilogue👑
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 45 (Love)

310K 11.7K 1.2K
Juette_Curtina tarafından

The doctor had wisely suggested that the family give Kaylyn some time to rest, but boy, Matthew was anxious. He was tempted to ask the doctor just how long was 'sometime', but upon further contemplation, he had decided that he was probably right. Kaylyn needed the rest, especially after losing so much blood. He wouldn't mind seeing her though, just watching her rest, he wouldn't mind that at all. He just wanted proof that he had not suffered from a replicated fate.

      Kaylyn had not left him, she had fought like Patrick and faith had said she would. She lived for life, and the very thought made Matthew's heart soar with happiness.

       The sadness that had been so evident in everyone's eyes earlier was now replaced with unfathomable joy. Prayers were answered, faith was kept and the result was astounding. Tears fell from his eyes, but they were not from the cause of the doubt that she may or may not have made it. He truly understood the meaning of tears of joy in this given situation. His happiness was an understatement.

Matthew spotted Patrick. He had his hands palms out on the wall, his body trembling as he too revelled in the immeasurable joy that now consumed his body. Matthew moved towards him, gently placing a hand on his frigid shoulders. He immediately turned with tears in his eyes, but a smile was etched on his face.

       "My baby girl made it Matthew, I knew she would..." he trailed off and pulled Matthew in his arms, body still being racked with tremors. "I told you she was a fighter."

Matthew grinned, patting the man on his shoulders. "Like her father."

Patrick suddenly pulled apart and forced a smile. "Aren't you going to take a look at your baby boy?" he asked, watching the way Matthew's eyes brightened at the mention of his son.

      "Of course. I wonder what he looks like," he laughed.

       "He'll look like the most beautiful thing you've ever seen." Patrick smiled.

       "He'll look like Kaylyn then," he concluded with a chuckle, earning one from Patrick as well.

#

An hour later, Matthew was escorted by a doctor to the incubatory. He was adorned in protective clothing given to him by the doctor to protect the baby from any possible bacteria. Matthew held a grin on his face the whole time, picturing a few possible ways in which the baby would look. He came to the conclusion that with his evident good looks and kaylyn's beauty, he would be perfect.

      His smile slightly faltered when the doctor directed him towards a small little thing harnessed in the small glass container. His little body was barely visible beneath the strings and machines attached to him. Tears welled in Matthew's eyes, but before they got a chance to fall, a reassuring hand was placed on his shoulder.

       "Don't worry," the doctor began. "This one's a fighter; he'll be out of here in no time."

Matthew nodded, managing a smile. He moved closer, leaning in to carefully examine the life he had created.

      "I'll just be outside," the doctor put in, patting Matthew on the shoulder. He nodded quickly, before bringing his gaze back to the baby.

      "Hey there, little guy," he whispered, smiling when he noted the scanty red hair that sprung from his small head.

       "He has Kaylyn's hair," Matthew concluded joyfully, a slow grin splitting his face.

His face was pink and chubby with a straight little nose and pinched rose red lips. He was unable to see his eyes because he was asleep. Gingerly, he reached down and placed his index finger between small fingers.

        "Thank you for being brave and strong for me today," he smiled, using his thumb to caress the soft flesh of the baby's hand.

       "I can't wait until you meet your mommy," Matthew continued. "She'll be the most amazing person you will ever meet, trust me..." he continued to talk, not minding the silent replies he got.

When small fingers gently tightened around Matthew's finger, he suddenly knew that today was possibly the best of his life.

Life was present. It demanded to be lived.

________

Patrick sat in the waiting area still, revelling in the happiness that seemed tangible around him. His daughter would be fine and so would his grandson, even with the fact that he wouldn't be, he was contented.

Timidly, Patrick reached into his pocket and fished out his phone, tapping it against his knee and pondering over the possibility of calling Lilith. She would probably shrug off the information like an old coat, but Patrick decided that she probably deserved to know.

His pulse quickened as he dialled the number and with one last pause, he sent out the call. It rang two times, before Patrick decided to hang up, thinking it was a waste of time, but as he was about to bring it from his ear, he heard...

       "Hello."

His mouth salivated. "Lilith."

     "Patrick?" She seemed surprised. "What prompted this call?" she asked in her usual poised manner.

Patrick sighed lightly. "It's a boy."

      "What's a– Patrick what are you talking about?" She answered with a tinge of frustration tainting her voice.

   "Kaylyn's baby," Patrick provided. "It's a boy."

Silence greeted them, with an anxious anticipation for her reply.

       "I just called to let you know," Patrick continued. "They're both fine, although Kaylyn lost a lot of blood and the baby was low on oxygen. They made it." he spoke and although his partner in the conversation was Lilith, speaking of life made him happy.

Lilith cleared her throat and Patrick braced himself for the reply.

      "Have you seen them?" she surprisingly asked.

Patrick was somewhat shocked. He wasn't expecting that reply. "Er– no, not yet. Matthew has gone to see the baby whilst giving Kaylyn sometime to rest. She needs the rest so we are giving her sometime before we..."

Lilith knew Patrick was babbling. He did so when he was caught off guard with a question or when he was nervous.

      "Patrick."

He stopped abruptly.

      "I've had some time to think about what you said to me." Patrick's eyes widened, his breath hitched.

      "I didn't take your illness seriously until I called your doctor..." a sob broke away from her. Patrick's eyes widened. "He told me everything," she exclaimed brokenly.

Patrick tightly closed his eyes.

       "I'm so sorry for not believing you and not being there for you," she cried, but quickly sniffed and cleared her throat, welcoming her cool demeanour . "I– I was planning on calling you, but I was afraid of facing the reality of it–"

     "Lilith," Patrick cut in firmly.

     "Yes?"

     "You don't have to apologize to me. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you," came the curt reply.

Lilith inhaled deeply. "I'm trying Patrick. I'm not proud of the things I've done or my character–"

      "I think we both know that I'm really not the person you should be apologizing to."

They were once again consumed in companionable silence.

      "I've got to go, Matthew is coming. Goodbye Lilith," he said and without awaiting a reply, he disconnected the call, heaving a sigh.

Lilith was not big on emotions, in fact, Patrick had found her apology shocking; not knowing if it resulted from genuine regret or a falsified attempt at trying to shy away from the cold, heartless person she really was. Whether she wanted to make things right or not, Patrick was seemingly uninterested. He would use the time God had spared him to spend some time with his daughter and grandson.

He stood when he saw Matthew approaching, smiling when he saw the happiness on the man's face.

He addressed them all. "He has Kaylyn's hair and lips," he announced brightly, earning a chorus of approving replies.

     "I bet he has your eyes," Rachel put in lovingly.

      "He was asleep so I was unable to see them," he grinned.

John proudly patted him on the shoulders.

       "I better go see Kaylyn now."

***

Matthew slowly opened the door where he saw Kaylyn nestled on the small bed with covers drawn up to her chest. He walked slowly to her side, carefully examining her ashen features that created a stark contrast beneath her thick flowing mass of fiery red hair. Even with a snow white, ghastly complexion, her beauty was still intact and Matthew couldn't help but think she looked like sleeping beauty with flaming red hair.

      Taking a seat on a nearby chair, he drew closer to Kaylyn, immediately reaching for her hand. He graced it with a gentle kiss, before smiling.

      "You gave us quite a scare back there," he began, then went silent, trying to find within himself, the words he wanted to say.

     "But you fought for yourself, the baby, for Sapph, your father..." Matthew cleared his throat, gently caressing her hand. "And I'd like to think that you fought for us too," he smiled shyly, amidst the fact that Kaylyn wasn't looking at him.

She was asleep and possibly oblivious of what he was saying. It was so much easier not seeing her dazzling grey eyes that would have him at a loss for words. But Matthew also realized that he would have to say these exact words when she was awake. He considered this practice.

       "I ah– After Marsha, I didn't think I was capable of caring for anyone like I cared for her. But fate thought me how wrong I was when I went into the club that night and I hadn't realized it then, but three months later I started being myself again and I still didn't realize it then either..."

He gave a soft chuckle. "But when you were always occupying my thoughts and my heart broke when I saw your tears and soared she I heard your laugh, I knew what my heart was feeling."

       "I was sure after. As shore as a beach," he chuckled, remembering what Kaylyn had said to him in her drunken state when they had met each other at the club.

     "The point I'm trying to make here is that I love you Kaylyn Fisher. Completely, genuinely and wholeheartedly," he finally admitted softly, his heart suddenly feeling lighter.

He felt a gentle squeeze to his hand and Matthew looked up, shocked. Kaylyn's eyes were slightly opened, looking down at him while a small smile tugged her lips. Matthew was flabbergasted.

      "You– You heard?" A wide eyed Matthew asked.

Kaylyn slowly nodded and swallowed hard before replying. "I heard everything," she admitted, sounding a bit weak.

Matthew went pale, his eyes searching. "It's completely fine if you don't return my feelings. I understand, but I just want you to know that I er– I meant every single word, I do but I understand if –"

      "Matthew? Kaylyn smiled, silencing him.

     "Yeah?" The word came out short and breathless.

      "I love you too," she grinned. "Completely, genuinely wholeheartedly."

It took Matthew a short while to process the words spoken, but when he did, his eyes widened, his mouth dropping open.

       "You do?" he wanted confirmation to the words that seemed too good to be true.

She nodded this time and as she did, Matthew leapt up from his chair and hugged her awkwardly, placing a kiss on her forehead in the process. Kaylyn laughed.

       "I thought I lost you," he told her softly.

      "For a while, I thought I lost you too."

Matthew smiled.

      "Have you seen him? The doctor told me he was incubated, but he'll be fine though. I'm dying to see him," she said while tears welled up in her eyes.

     "I saw him," Matthew informed. "He's so tiny and he has your hair and lips," he added joyfully.

Kaylyn laughed at the news. "And your eyes?" she asked, as a tear slipped from her eyes.

Matthew reached up, using a thumb to caress her cheek. "I'd like to think so, but he was asleep."

Kaylyn nodded comprehensively. "Is Sapphire OK?"

      "She is and so is Faith and your dad," he informed without her having to ask.

       "I'm glad dad's going to get a chance to see his grand baby," she sniffed.

A short silence followed.

      "Have you decided on a name for the baby?" Matthew asked.

       "I was thinking my dad's middle name and your middle name which is your father's name so, Josiah Johnathan Mayhew. What do you think?"

Matthew flashed a grin. "I love it."

She smiled and so did Matthew, the love swimming in both their eyes, completely, genuinely and wholeheartedly true.

____________________________________

Hey guys!!! How was that? Did y'all like? Was it good?
Tell me your thoughts via comments please! I'd greatly appreciate it!! Yaay!

I hope you guys are OK? Are you? Tell me what's up ;)

And until next time...
Laters baby!
Xoxo
Juju

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.3M 194K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
62.8K 1.8K 26
In this story Emily gets drunk and has a one night stand with a guy she doesn't even know. After returning home she isn't certain they used a condom...
1.5M 35K 61
When Charlotte is left devastated by her boyfriend's infidelity. She finds herself persuaded into a night out with her friends. In which she meets a...
5.7M 221K 48
Clumsy, accident prone and damn right weird is how people often describe Skylar Martin and it didn't surprise her that even the opposite sex didn't s...