The Switcheroo!

By NeptuneCPU

Nepgear and Uni decide to switch places to see how each other live their lives, but this leads to some unexpe... More

Prologue
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 Part 1
Day 4 Part 2
Day 5 Part 2
Day 6 Part 1
Day 6 Part 2
Day 7 Finale

Day 5 Part 1

819 15 13
By NeptuneCPU

Day 5

[Planeptune]

{2:36pm}

Uni lay on her bed, cuddling her pillow as she remembered the events of last night.

"Mmmmmmm!" She internally squealed as rolled side to side on the bed.

The festival which she stumbled into, the food she was invited to eat, the dances she partnered in, the games she played, and that finalizing moment...

{Flashback to Part 1 Cliffhanger}

Uni, backed up against the tree, reached for Neptune's arm as the CPU was turning to take her to the basilicom. The move confused Neptune as she turned back. Neptune looked back to see a beat red Uni, looking downwards at the ground, her hand shaking nervously with her hand clasped to Neptune's left shoulder sleeve. Neptune stared at the candidate, the candidate's gaze slowly making its way to Neptune's whom was still a little confused.

What am I doing?! I grabbed her out of instinct! Should I just... No I can't just kiss her out of the blue! That would be weird... Why did I grab her arm! I should just-

"Uni". Uni almost didn't catch Neptune's voice, her body to in self-shock to move.

Uni was about to force herself to look at Neptune, prepared for any jokes the pudding loving girl might make, when she felt a hand on her chin lifting her face upwards. Her eyes met Neptune's for a split second before the CPU softly kissed the Candidate. Uni was thrown off, her mind still trying to put her thoughts into order, as she slowly reacted to the kiss. Uni, unintentionally, pulled away in surprise but the lip lock wasn't lost as Neptune had a good hold around the black sister's waist. Uni mentally came to and kissed back, embracing Neptune to her fullest, wrapping her arms around the CPU. The Candidate's heart felt like it had been electrically charged as she poured all her love into the kiss, the kiss that felt to defy time. Neptune pulled away to get air, Uni leaning forwards to try to keep the kiss from ending, her mind still lost in the emotions, caught within a love daze. As she once again regained mental stability, she smiled shyly towards her love.

"N-Neptune I-".

"I know, I have for a while now". Neptune responded instantly, bringing Uni into a hug, and Uni hugging Neptune back.

"How did you know?"

"I'm not that~ dense, I knew since that time in your bedroom".

"You mean the time I-!".

"Yeah, the time I thought you were sick and made you that soup!"

Oh, ok, not the time I... fell...

"Well, even if you already know, I love you Neptune". Uni hugged Neptune tighter than before, afraid if she let go now the moment would become some dream she was having.

"I love you too Uni, it took some time, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the thought of being with you". Neptune replied greeting the increased hug with equal force.

After a few moments of being in the embrace, Neptune released Uni from the hug, smiling at her.

"Why don't we head back to the festival? They're still got quick a few things to do!" Uni smiled with a blush on her cheeks, nodding in response as Neptune held her hand, leading her back to the festival area.

{Flashback End}

{3:21pm}

Neptune slightly opened the door to Uni's room, peeking in to see the now sleeping Candidate. She gleamed at the sight, quietly padding her way over to the bed. Looking at her dozing girlfriend, she gave her a peck on her cheek. The CPU stared at her for a second, looking around, and climbed into the bed with her. Snuggling up with the candidate, she quickly fell asleep as well...

"NEPTUNE DON'T GO TO SLEEP YOU HAVE WORK TO DO!!!"

"AAH!!" Neptune jumped 3ft into the air, taking the blanket up with her, falling off the bed and knocking off the now startled Uni off with her.

"W-What happened!? What's going on! I'm awake!" Uni said both confused and scared as Histoire floated into the room.

"Neptune, you have a growing pile of work on your desk, you had better get it done by the dinner or you won't get your pudding after dinner". Histoire left the room leaving Neptune with a surged feeling of laziness, and an alarmed wide awake Uni.

"S-Sorry for waking you Uni".

"It's fine Neptune, I didn't mean to fall asleep anyways". Neptune got up whilst letting out an annoyed sigh.

"Ugh... I guess I have to go work or Histy will yell at me again". Uni got up, fixing up the blanket on the bed, and turned to Neptune.

"Do you want some help Neptune?"

"DO I!- *Cough* I mean.. S-sure. Hehe". Uni giggled at Neptune and followed her to the CPU's abode.

Histoire watched as Uni was armlocked with the CPU and leaning on Neptune's shoulder and neck (cuz they're kinda the same height), sighing as if she were giving up.

First Nepgear spoils her and now Uni... I had such high hopes...

{4:37pm}

Neptune and Uni walked out of Neptune's quarters, both carrying papers from their work period.

"Thanks for helping Uni! You're so quick at working". Neptune lauded to Uni as they walked down the Planeptower halls.

"Well that's just because I wanted to be praised by Noire". Uni stated.

"Hehe, Noire should praise you more~". Neptune started petting Uni's head, which both gave the candidate happy and frustrated feelings.

"D-Dont pet me Neptune, we still have-". Uni blushed at the petting before weakly pushed Neptune away from her.

"But that cute little face of yours says otherwise~". Neptune dropped the paper she was carrying in one hand, the pages swaying everywhere in the hallway.

Uni stared at Neptune with a 'you should have listened' face. Neptune looked back guiltily before making an 'I'm sorry face'. Uni watched and Neptune crouched down on the floor, picking up page after page trying to sort it out, with a slight smile of amusement. She was happy, seeing she would never experience life comedy like this in Lastation, which then made her think about her past from this point. The endless effort she put into besting her own sister, the countless hours she spent learning different tricks and shortcuts to doing things faster, but she never seemed to get anywhere. That life didn't have any room for the life comedy that Nepgear experienced on her daily, the laughs and giggles they all shared whilst the lastation candidate worked herself to exhaustion. All the fun their neighbouring country harbored within the small walls of the tower. It was... refreshing... to her. To get away from the work, the writing, the endless studying which never seemed to amount to anything.

Neptune had about a quarter of her pages in her arms before they slipped away again, all scattering to the floor.

"Dang it, hey Uni could you help me?" Neptune turned to Uni to catch the tear that fell down the candidate's cheek.

Neptune stood up looking at her girlfriend, a little confused at what was going on.

"U-Uni are you ok?" The candidate came to, she quickly wiped the tear from her face, blinking rapidly realising she was getting emotional.

"O-Of course.. I'm fine, I just... give me a second!" Uni quickly walked down the hall, reaching the place she needed to put the papers, and grabbed tissues to wipe the tears.

Why am I crying? I'm proud of my progress, I'm not.. jealous.. Uni threw out the tissue and made her way to a patiently waiting Neptune.

"I'm sorry Neptune, I don't know why I got so-". Neptune hugged Uni, rubbing the back of her head.

"It's alright". Uni happily hugged back, relieved that Neptune wasn't mad for her abruptly leaving.

Neptune's hug... It feels so warm...

{Flashback to After Part 1 Cliffhanger}

Neptune and Uni stood opposite of each other, everyone around them in the same position, as Floodlights illuminated the area. The crowd stood in an area which had previously been a construction site, completely level, but was abandoned due to funding.

"N-Neptune..."

"Yeah?"

"I-I don't know how to dance". Uni's gaze embarrassingly shied away.

"It's alright".

Oh ok, so she's going to-

"I don't know how either!"

"WHAT?!"

The music started up, everyone around them got into a partnering position.

"Neptune, you realise were the only full girl pair here right?!"

"Huh? Really? I didn't think we were the only one's".

"Geez, this is so embarrassing".

"Come on~ It's all good, we'll just.. you know.. wing it!"

"I guess you of all people would know how to do that the best". Neptune simpered at Uni which made her mentally facepalm.

That wasn't a compliment...

"How about we just watch everyone else? To see what they do and copy?" Uni sighed.

At Least she has a plan.

As the music started to kick up, Neptune hugged Uni which Uni came surprised to.

"Thanks for coming to dance with me". Uni lightly gleamed.

"N-Neptune?... Thank you... for... accepting my feelings".

{Flashback End}

{7:12pm}

Neptune and Uni sat on the couch again playing Power Crag multi-player. Uni kicking Neptune's butt again, severely. Neptune would whine here and there every time she lost but would persist, eager to beat the strategic candidate at the game. What was bothering Uni a little is that Histoire was nowhere to be found.

"Hey Neptune? I'm going to go check on Histoire". Uni got up from the couch, having beat Neptune again.

"What? She's fine~ Come on! I got ya this time, you can bet on that!"

"Bet? Maybe when I get back".

"Aw... Nepu..." Neptune put her controller down and went to the fridge to grab pudding.

Uni made her way through the halls of Planeptower, looking around for the Oracle who seemed to have disappeared. After about 10 minutes of searching, she found Histoire in an old bedroom which she currently was cleaning. Uni came into the room quietly, looking around to see very old pictures of Planeptune hung on the walls. Arcades and old shops which weren't around anymore took the spotlight as Histoire was dusting off one of the shelves.

"Histoire?" Histoire jumped upon hearing Uni, having not expected to be found here.

"U-Uni! What are you doing here? Did you need something?"

"Well, no, but I was a little curious as to where you went. So I came to look. So who's room is this?"

"Uzume's".

"Uzume's? Really?"

"Yes, it was hers a long time ago, I've been keeping it up to date since her sealing long ago".

"Wow, wait, so she was the CPU before Neptune right?"

"Yes, a very long time ago, it's a little nostalgic when I remember such times".

"Is Uzume not using this room?"

"Not as of yet, though she wanted to come back when she is done exploring the current nations, and possibly beyond".

"Ah, well I think Neptune might binge her pudding if she if I dont get back soon, see you Histoire!" Histoire waved to Uni as the candidate left, dashing down the halls to get back quickly to Neptune.

As Uni arrived back in the living room, Neptune had consumed 4 cups of pudding already, and about to have her fifth.

"I'm back". Uni sat down next to Neptune, grabbing her controller.

"Took ya long enough, I was getting super bored".

"Well anyways, let's get started".

"What about the bet?" Uni had forgotten about the bet, and felt a little confused at it being brought up.

"Bet?"

"Yeah, I said I bet you I would beat you this time, and you said when you get back meaning you agreed". Neptune simpered towards the candidate which made her a little frustrated.

"Well, i guess i did technically agree, what are the conditions?"

"Alright! If either of us win, the loser has to do any of one thing the winner says! No matter what it is!" Uni froze.

ANYTHING?!!

"Um... T-That's a little-".

"What? You chicken?" Uni gritted her teeth as the word 'Chicken' registered in her head.

"Chicken? CHICKEN?! I ain't chicken! Fine I will abide!" Uni got super geared for the fight, Neptune hyped up from the bet.

"Sweet!"

Neptune and Uni chose their characters and prepared to beat the Nep out of each other "in-game".

{After the game}

"I can't... What?!" Uni was left dumbfounded as Neptune had reigned supreme over Uni as she had beaten the candidate in the battle.

"Oh yes! I, Neptune, have won! And now~" Neptune nearly jumped on Uni, wrapping her arms around the candidate startling her.

"I collect my prize~". Uni almost forgot about the bet, instantly becoming fearful at what the unpredictable CPU might choose her to do.

"W-What are you going to do?". Uni asked hesitantly, Neptune realizing the suppressed terror in the candidate which made her smirk evilly.

"Nep, Nep, Nep. What shall I have you do~?" Uni gulped as she tried to predict what Neptune would request, which was nearly impossible for her.

"G-Go easy on me at least!"

"Hehe~"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 13 12
As Nanu and his siblings return to Hyper Dimension, they see that they are still in the CPU Shift Period. Nanu, Nepgear, and Neptune try their best t...
32.8K 271 27
A HDN story where you will follow the Brother of Vert, AKA Green Heart. It's NOT a Reader insert, because i will use the Reader for another story
61.7K 852 27
You just a ordinary teen who goes to school to chat and play with your friends until a portal appears at the school field and suck you into a world c...
8.1K 115 27
You were an everyday otaku who enjoyed playing through Hyper Dimension and Kingdom Hearts. One day, you were summoned to the world of Gamindustri and...