Where Have You Been All My Li...

By Gaya3sb

[Editing]What would have happened if Raman and Ishita supposedly failed to get Ruhi's custody? An unsuccessfu... More

1|His Arms
2|To Care
3|Her Shade
4|Missed Kiss
5|Checking Out
6|In His Lap
7|Her Arms
8|Sneaky Romance
9|Proposal
10|Losing Her
11|Hate
12|Hiding To Seek
13|The Earring
14|Awake
15|She Started
16|Having Fun
17|Naughty Secret
18|Her Blush
19|Jungle Romance
20|Feel The Moment
21|Back Together
22|Yearning
23|Jr Mr Bhalla
24|Her Wish
25|Her Pain
26|Chasing Her Pain
27|To Hold Him
28|The Bhalla Talk
29|To Get Enough
30|Hurt Unknown
31|The Moment
32|It Breaks
33|Holding Back
34|Drenching Hearts
35|Sorting And Searching
36|To Make Use
37|Meeting The Flirt
38|How Patient
39|Calmly Agitated
40|It Burns
41|Pouring Her Heart
42|Bringing Closer
43|He Started
45|Jhansi Ki Rani
46|Peeping Inside
47|Premonitions
48|Stealing The Morning
49|Slept Off
50|Devil
51|Love Adoring
52|
53|Lonely Together
54|Back To Life
55|Another Dream
56|Their Wishes
57|Closely Far
58|Back To Him
59|The Doubt
60|To Tell Him
61|Happiness
62|To Celebrate
63|Showing Him
64|The Confusion
65|Understanding Her
66|Pampering Him
67|Missing
68|Noodles
69|The Trio
70|Trust
71|Trust?
Chapter-72
Chapter-73
Chapter-74
Chapter-75
Chapter-76
Chapter-77
Chapter-78
79|Doubting Her
80|Walking Away
81|Nausea
82!
82|Divorce!

44|His Woman

2.1K 77 7
By Gaya3sb

When he stepped back a tad as soon as the lift halted, Ishita noticed Mihika who was having a cold war with Mihir. She grabbed Raman's blazer and brought him closer. He held back his breath at her sudden movement and looked down at the way she perspired and shivered for unknown reasons. He slanted his head and found the objects standing there, about to get out of the constricted area; feeling awe at how such an innocent woman he was been ended up with!

People dropped off but Ishita has her eyes closed and Raman has his, on her pretty face. He lean over and pecked her temple making her open her eyes in blow. Skimming through the place in a spur of a second, she sighed, as there was no one other than them. He kissed her lips shortly and assured her everything is up to scratch that made her wonder; why is she feeling so vigilant actually?

Shopping with her husband was not new to her. However, what made her feel those mysterious things inside her chest, inside her stomach, the later flickering, and the other immensity, because they are acting like two secret lovers! She shone in delight while holding his arms and lazily licking the left out chocolate from the glittery cover.

Hitting with his father, Raman felt like someone has poured a bucket full of cold water over him. He closed his mouth in fake surprise and told him how he and Ishita were searching for them everywhere and trying their mobile constantly. Om felt bad that in his shopping, he ignored his kids and apologized while Raman mentally felt contrite for lying perfectly to his father.

Journey back home, along with the entire family was also something that soothed them. They felt complete to have their kids beside them, with their parents chirpily sharing how exhaustingly enjoyable the shopping was. On the other side, Mihir was with Shagun and perceived her a bit disconnected from everything. He could not stop but probe if she is well and that come a comforting bolt from the blue to Shagun. Her brother after eras has asked her if she is fine!

"Erm...I'm...why...did you...ask Mihir...?" Shagun asked still unable to believe that he really does have a tint of concern in his stony face, or was she imagining things?

"Just like that. You seemed like...you've been beaten up by someone!" Mihir spun his shoulder.

"Aaj kal...kuch zyada hi ho rahi hai mere saath!" Shagun mused and said in a low voice. "Nothing like that...The shopping...it was...tiresome."

"Yeah it was." He agreed. "By the way...you adjust in Iyer's home tonight. You know tomorrow rituals...early morning...I can't leave you home alone. I know you don't mind but I do. So you behave and be there. It's just a sleepover." He explained.

"Yeah...it's okay. I'll manage." Shagun made faces at the thought of being there but she decided not to make it an issue just for her brother whom she genuinely has concerned about.

"Great." Mihir forced a smile.

He dropped Shagun at Iyers while Ishita was running from one home to the other, confused and confusing others on the sleeping arrangements. At last, she came up with the key to the other house that Raman has temporarily borrowed for Shagun. Shagun felt relieved that she would be able to catch some sleep away from this noise but alas, she found another set of Tamilians and Punjabies there from whom she so annoyingly grabbed the key to her ex-room!

Amidst a pack of relatives, Ishita drowned her in hosting while Raman immersed to talk and discuss the next day engagement. After all, how the impromptu interruption happened in their first shopping, everything got shuffled and they were running behind preparation. Parmeet's presence made it a bit easy for them that he joined Raman and Romi for necessary arrangements. When everything has done, the young men had taken a leave from there to terrace.

"Zyada nahi..." Raman said worried when Mihir poured the drink.

"You're scared of Ishita ji." Parmeet chuckled. "It's good Simmi doesn't have a problem. Else...I'd also..." Parmeet made a face as if he could not even imagine that situation.

"And here goes another to-be joru ka gulam!" Romi cheered laughing at Mihir.

"Arey tujhe kya pata...joru ka gulam banne ka maza hi kuch aur hai." Parmeet snickered giving a high-five to Raman.

"True...he only knows how to flirt. Humein toh saaabbb...aata hai..." Raman snared.

Later, Bala joined them in the murky platform. Bala was uneasy by how Raman treated him; a bit formal, a bit furious, a bit disappointed and more like pretentious happiness in his presence. After much pestering, Bala agreed for a drink while the Punjabi trio walked to another corner, talking rubbishes and doing some dance movements. Once having a light peg, Raman has made sure Bala had enough liquor that would get him high. He broached topics, skipped some, and finally probed cunningly.

"Woh...what's Subbu doing now...?" Raman looked intently at Bala whose face reddened in anger by that mention.

"He's a bas***d!" Bala gritted keeping the glass making a loud clamor.

"Whoa...he's not your brother?" Raman held his head dramatically in mock disbelief.

"I didn't mean that Raman...This is...I don't know...I just hate him. He's...a bas***d." Bala gulped a drink and passed off.

"Damn this veggie beast! He can't manage some three pegs and...I hate this!" Raman muttered kicking Bala's leg. "You people carry on. I'm sleepy. Waise bhi aur derr hua toh madrasan maar dalegi!" Raman shouted and muttered the last words under his breath while climbing down the stairs and they cheered for that too and the party went on until they slept off tired.

Back in his room, Raman saw Ishita ironing their clothes and kids having forty winks in their bed. He smiled lightly and noticed how she held her back and arched to cover up the pain. She has exerted while doing preparations and showing up to every single person who wanted to see Raman ki biwi. She had to plaster her all time cheeky smile at everyone and that has made her cheekbones ache. He saw her opening and closing her mouth while patting her cheek and he did feel bad.

Making two coffees, he went back to room and beamed, "Coffee time!" Well he does make two coffees rarely!

"Awww...Raman...I love you." She has her own ways to show gratitude and he simply nodded keeping his cup on the bedside table.

"Haan...choloo...let me help you." He made her sit in the bed and started ironing her saree. "This is beautiful Ishita. When did we buy this?" He looked quizzically at her while caressing the pink saree with golden boarder.

"Aapne hi toh select kiya tha Raman!" She looked at him in surprise.

"Oh...I don't remember." He shrugged, hearing her say that he persistently ogles at mannequins and he should have married one instead of her as he never had checked her out so excitedly. He tittered and ironed the rest of the clothes while talking. "Wasie...I talked to Bala..." He brought up the topic but trailed off when noticed her sleeping in an oddly cute position.

She was sitting in the bed, her hands holding her droopy head and knees kept on her thighs to steady her posture and lips pouted out. She was keenly listening to his blabber until then and even she forgot that she has slept. He smiled widely watching her condition and made her sleep in the bed, on the far edge where she has never slept off. Adi was right; he could not hug her because their kids slept in the middle.

She has tossed and turned, at last, "thud." Raman got up in a bounce hearing the sound. "Ayyo ammaa...aah... my back!" She cried sitting there, without opening her eyes. He came to her side and turned on the warm light only to see her relentlessly blubbering. Kneeling down in front of her, he patted her cheek and started laughing making her go furious.

"I'm sorry...but I...I expected this! Oh my God!" He held his stomach and laughed at her while she made faces and said tremblingly. "Mujhe dard ho rahi hai..."

He instantly stopped laughing and apologized for his playfulness, holding his ears, looking sheepishly to see if his words are affecting her and he has spared. "Haan...maaf kiya." She said looking away that showed she has pissed with him. After blowing a kiss on her cheek, he got the balm and applied on her back while she relaxed in the bed, lying on her back. She moaned feeling good by his soft caresses and the heat that coursed in her skin by the cream and its instant chilling sensation, made the pain fade into a lax state.

"Feeling good...?" He rasped kissing her shoulder by leaning over and looked sideways at her slightly closed eyes.

"Hmm...now you should sleep." She said lovingly, cautiously.

"I know why right!" He giggled and went to the other side while her lips curved up wider to a peaceful smile.

The hustle-bustle early morning; Shagun got up shouting "Stopppeeettt...!" No one seemed to have heard her or rightly, they ignored what the hotheaded woman actually wants. It was just three in the morning and most of the Punjabies were wondering how the Bhallas has managed to wake up at that time and feel so good and nearly normal. They could not stay eyes open while Toshi came up with teas that Neelu served them.

"All thanks to those madrasies ji...Aaj kal...neend bhi bhag gaya!" Toshi said laughing along with parmeet's mother.

"Achcha ji Toshi ji...Wasie Ishita puttar kaha hai...!" Parmeet's mother wondered. "Badi soni si kudi hai...Shagun ko dekhke toh mujhe..." She pursed her lips.

"Arey chchaddna..." Toshi whacked her shoulder for taking Shagun's name. "Yahin kahi hogi..." She said scanning the place while Raman came down. "Oye...teri biwi kaha hai?" Toshi asked him when he bent and took the elders' blessing.

"She's getting ready maa. Will be here in some time..." He said checking his watch.

Everyone immersed in talking and having fun, at last to move to the temple. The sleepy-rituals followed where Mihir was yawning incessantly while Raman was standing beside Ishita, keeping his hand around her shoulder to support himself. She hit his stomach with her knee making him voice an "Ouch" and glared her. She asked him to stand straight but he made some funny noises as he was heavy-eyed that she could see and she did not scold him much when he kept his chin on her shoulder.

The rituals have done and they returned to society hall where they have kept a party, so as to make the Punjabies happy. The Iyers did not mind, as they have been adapted to the kind of raucous functions these people have and the event was Raman's suggestion that they could not turn down. After all, their marumakan's words matters more and they happily agreed to party.

There everyone joined; especially there was Subbu's mother who came late, for whom Raman was impatiently waiting. He smiled at the woman who came to him happily, as they did not have any expressed troubles between them so far and Raman did not intent to change the nice guy image in front of her. Ishita grated her teeth when she noticed how freely Raman was talking to that woman and he surely did felt the heat on his cheek; his wife truly wished to slap him, he could conclude.

"Ishita hai na...you just be careful with her. Aaise aurat nah...kuch bhi karr sakte hai..." Subbu's amma said cautiously.

Raman came close to her and said alertly, "Haan-haan aunty ji...But still...mere saath toh sab tikh hai. I don't know why you think she's not right for me. Kuch problems hai...phir bhi... Aap mere liye kitna kuch sochchte hai..." He smiled cheekily at her and she caressed his face showing how much she adores him. He shook his head feeling repelled by her touch and resumed stepping back, "I wish to meet your son. I mean Subbu...as you know...mere aur Ishita ke beech...we're having some problems...mujhe aap sahi lagne laga hoon...and I...really wish to meet the lucky guy." He glanced sideways at Ishita who took a deep breath and cursed him for the nth time.

"Yeh achcha hua nah...You realized how right I was. Isse toh sirf bachche aur paise chahiye..." She said gingerly, in a compressed voice to Raman's ears. "Kuch bhi ho...Subbu will be here in Mihika's wedding. You can meet him." She promised.

"Oh that's great..." He smiled thankfully while Subbu's amma walked into the crowd of women and his smile turned to something bitter. "Let's see!" He gritted and turned to go but his bead banged with Ishita's, who was standing just behind him.

"What the hell was that? You were...you were talking so sweetly to...that...that... Subbu's amma!" She said swallowing the bad names she wanted to address that woman.

"I was..." He tried to explain but then, he left it and caught a point. "What's your problem if I talk to her sweetly?" He narrowed his eyes and rubbed his chin expressing his aggravation while she pulled him to a solitary corner followed by Subbu's amma's creepy eyes and forewarned ears.

"You should be scolding her Raman...insulting her. Usne kya kuch nahi kiya mere saath. Don't you remember? She called me a s**t. His son tried to rape me." She held his collars tightly and started shaking him whilst pouring out her distress by crying ceaselessly. "Aap mere pati ho... You should...you should beat her. Usse...usse aise...maar-maarkar...Mujhe nahi pata...Usse kuch karo Raman...I can't stand her anymore. I thought you'll do something...lekin aap toh..." She left her hold and ran out of the party hall leaving behind a worried Raman.

"See how she instigates you against me...!" He heard the malicious voice. "Don't trust her. She's mad at me because I kept my son safe from her bad omen. My son's life is more important for me. Agar tujhe apni beti important hai...toh iski kuch karo..." The old woman said directing her eyes towards the exit from where Ishita has gone.

"I know what to do aunty...and I'm sure...I won't regret this!" He said curling his fist and strode out of the hall while Subbu's amma smirked thinking how Ishita would finally end up all alone; a woman deserted by her husband!

Watching her sobbing, sitting near a pillar, he felt his heart drowning in her tears. This was another sight, he has never seen before. She never had cried like this and these tears were of disillusionment. He looked at the bottle of Pepsi, sat near her, on the floor, and sipped it slowly. She noticed him but decided to ignore as she felt like do nothing but beat him until he would stop her in some way, to console her with some convincible excuses.

"When you want to do something...you should do that. You shouldn't wait for someone to do what exactly you should be doing. At this point, I don't want to do anything with Subbu's amma or him. If I do...actually I'll someday...and you can't force me into doing what you want me to do; not so soon. It's true I'm not okay with whatever she did but this is Mihir's party...we can't spoil it. But you see...if...I mean if, you'll do something on your own...because you've a valid reason, *pause* I won't stop." He said vaguely making her shake her head.

She huffed hearing his incomprehensible words and wiped her tears. "See Raman...I don't understand a word you said. But...I got this...that you...DO NOT want to stand by my side. You want me to fight on my own but you clearly know *sigh* ki mein...aise kuch nahi kar sakti. I wanted you to do something...at least to make me feel secured...I...I don't know what...these all...I mean...mujhe...nahi pata...kya karna...log kaise... *inhale* react karenge... They'll insult me again...but...if you'll be by my side...mujhe...achcha lagega...And...it might...make this...better...*hiccup*" She started crying again and this time, he took her in his embrace.

"Hey...you should remember one thing that I'll be always with you. I won't let anyone insult you. And here...you're Ishita Raman Kumar Bhalla...no one would dare!" He shook his index finger on her face.

"I know...But...I won't do anything...I don't want to do anything...Agar aap karoge toh...I'll feel good..." She wiped those huge fresh tears and wounded her arms around his neck.

"Achcha leave it...Stop crying and have this drink." He said when she caressed her throat feeling it sore after her nonstop hiccups.

"Hmm..." She smiled meekly and gulped it slowly while Raman beheld lovingly.

He saw her eyes widening and narrowing while sipping it. Her hand constantly caressed her throat to her chest while the liquid dripped past her mouth, making her face sweat in minutes. He wiped her forehead only to feel a tight push on his chest asking him not to bother her and she simply drank the rest of the bottle, relishing the newfound bitter taste of Pepsi!

"Hoo...I feel so good ZhRamaann..."

"I'm sorry baby...!" He whispered before taking her lips in a deep kiss that she enjoyed in her inebriation.

"Gandha Bhalla...!" She shoved him off and got up.

She could see the corridor swirling in front of her and the noise from inside the hall coming out like the buzzing off bees. She turned back and noticed Raman still sitting there, his legs stretched and the bottle was in his hand. He kept it upside down and a tiny drop of loaded Pepsi fell on the floor that brought a smirk on his face. She clapped her hand calling him and blew a flying a kiss that made him snicker at her. "I love you!" She grinned the cutest confession while tugging the hem of her saree on her waist.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566K 24.6K 36
•Ishita the oldest daughter in law. Abhimanyu Thakur's wife. They both have been married for three years and have a one year old baby boy. Ayaansh Th...
107K 5.6K 94
well THIS AINT MY STORY... ITS MY ONE OF THE FAV STORY OF MY FRIEND OR CAN SAY MY INSPIRATION TO WRITE STORIES.... I AM JUST POSTIN...
9.5K 1.3K 21
Warning: A clichy romance tale ahead. "It's your time to payback the favours I have done on you." She scoffed with irritation seeing the man in front...
13.4K 486 9
A short story on Ishra....... well ishita and Raman both have different identities. lets see what happened when they get to know their past and their...