How to Train Your Dragon Slay...

By DarlingAsta

After Natsu is struck by a mysterious spell on a mission something strange happens...he turns into a dragon... More

What The??
Natsu The Dragon
Wondering Dragon
Can you hear me?
Baby Dragon
Pet Dragon?
Christmas Special
The Collar
The Search
Stories
Dragon Wings
Got some work to do
How Will You Get Him Back
Final Battle
Reversal of the Heart
Halloween Special
Epilogue
What Do You Want to See Next? (AN)
Btw theres a squel now

Kindle

2K 52 3
By DarlingAsta

Natsu... or Kindle, wiggled uncomfortably in Lucy's arms. She was carrying him like one would carry a puppy and he absolutely hated being treated like a dog. They were on their way back from the guild, after Wendy took care of that annoying scrape on his side, Gajeel suggested it would be best to take him home for a bit, to get him used to his new surroundings.

Lucy continued to march in the direction of her apartment, doing her best to ignore the strange and confused stares she got as she past by people. Kindle wiggled slightly in her arms and she moved to readjust him. She let out a sigh.

"I can't believe I let everyone talk me into this," she groaned.

Happy, who had been following her swiftly back to her place giggled.

"I wonder what Natsu's gonna say," the cat giggle as he flew to float above her shoulder.

"I can't say anything to you guys." Natsu droned.

"Ugh, he better help me with this... I really don't know how to take care of a dragon." The blonde began.

"And Natsu does?" The exceed questioned.

"Well, why wouldn't he? He is a dragon slayer after all." The celestial wizard exclaimed.

"Well, yeah but a dragon took care of him, he didn't take care of a dragon," the exceed finished with a flick of his tail.

Lucy look down and the dragon, Kindle looked up at her and made a small "riff" sound. She sighed "he better at least know something".

----------------------------------------------

Once the reached Lucy's apartment and were inside, the young dragon immediately began to wiggle and squirm like a cat trying to get free of her grip. The young teen quickly placed him down and watched as he skipped away from her.

"Where's he going?" Happy asked as he watched the determined dragon.

"Off to explore I guess."

Lucy made her way to follow Kindle and found him sitting by the fridge making small screeching, almost roaring sounds.

"LUUUCCCCY FEEEED MEEE!! I'M STARVING!!"

The blonde glanced at the fridge then to the dragon. Huh he must of smelled food, she thought to herself. She quickly walked over and opened the fridge being mindful of the little one by her feet.

"Say Happy what do you suppose a baby dragon eats?" The blonde questioned turning her head slightly to watch the exceed.

"Fish!"

She sighed "of course.." Happy flew in front of her.

"No really. Gajeel said to treat him like a cat remember? So cats eat fish." He explained to her.

"Huh... guess it's worth a shot."

She quietly began to remove some fish she had set aside for Happy, and began to cut it into strips. Both Kindle and Happy watched her with hungry eyes. Once she had finished cutting it she took to plates and spilt the pieces up evenly one half for Happy the other for Kindle.

Lucy bent down and gave the dragon his meal and watch him with curious eyes.

"Your not gonna cook it?" Natsu wondered as he sniff the fish and was surprised to find that the smell of raw fish made his mouth water. He had never been to fond of anything that wasn't burnt to a crisp or a least cooked but now, in this form it smelled heavenly.

He lowered his mussel and bit into the soft chewy flesh, relishing in the tasteful juices that flowed into his mouth. The dragon ripped a piece off and chewed it fast, the faint taste of the fishes blood stuck in his mouth and he hungered for more.

Lucy laughed at the sight of a dragon devouring fish faster then any exceed could ever dream of. She glanced up at Happy and saw that he hadn't touched his plate.

"Happy. What's wrong?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.

"It's. It's Natsu." The mention of the dragons slayers name caused the younger dragon to look up and listen carefully to their conversation.

"It's not like him to take a job and tell nobody about it. He didn't even bother to ask me about it..." the cat trailed off.

Job? Natsu thought, he wasn't on a job why on earth did his friend think he was on a job. Squinting his eyes shut he did his best to recall the foggy memories that took place before this whole mess.

Once again he remember the spell that racked threw his body, the intense pain it had caused. His small body shuddered just thinking about it made him want to cry out.

Before he had recalled being fine moments after the spell hit, but now with his memories clearer he knew that wasn't the case. His earlier memory was the act he had put up for his friends so they wouldn't have to worry. He now could recall the truth. His entire body had felt like it was broken, his bones felt like they had turned to stone, to stiff to make any proper movements, it hadn't taken long for his team to realize he was not okay.

Ezra forced him to lye down and wait while the finished the job, and he remembered the intense heat that washed over his body in waves and whimpering as it caused his body to ache.

After the group had finished the job, they rushed him home where he lied in bed trying to erase the pain.

And that was it, he remembered no job, just the fact the he woke up in the body of a bloody dragon... a baby dragon.

"I know, I'm worried about him too. He looked like he was in so much pain yesterday, why on earth would he have taken a job." Lucy voice tore him out of his thoughts.

She followed the exceeds gaze out the window.

"It's dark now, you would think he'd be home. Mira said he was on a simple job." She remind him.

"He's not back yet..." Happy trailed off.

"You don't know that, he could be back at your guys place." She smiled.

Happy nodded "I'm gonna go check. Thanks for the fish Lucy." Lucy smiled warmly at him "alright. If he hasn't come back yet, come get me I'll help you look for him."

Natsu cringe. Yeah that may be a problem but on the other hand it may help them realize that he's Lucy's pet dragon.

He watched sadly as his blue companion flew out of the apartment through the window. He look up at Lucy, she was watching him go with a worried expression on his face.

"That boy is gonna be the death of me." She sighed.

She glanced down at Kindle and smiled.

"You don't know who we're talking about do you?" She asked him.

"I do actually."

"He's our friend." Lucy continued as she reached down and picked the dragon up. He felt stiff between her hands as if he wasn't sure what to do.

"His name is Natsu, I'm sure you'd like him he's a dragon slayer but don't worry he doesn't kill dragons he's actually quiet fond of dragons. He was raise by one actually." She began.

Natsu laughed, it was weird. Hearing her talk about him as if he weren't there. He was going to get hear what she thought of him.

The celestial Mage placed him in her lap, and he sat gazing up at her.

"He can be a bit reckless at times but he's an amazing friend. My best one actually. He'll absolutely adore you I'm sure."

He smiled, he was enjoying this hearing her talk so highly of him. Made him feel warm inside.

"We're worried about him. He wouldn't admit it but he was hurt badly on out last job...I've never seen him in that much pain and what was worse is that not even Wendy, she has healing magic couldn't even figure out what was wrong with him." She teared up slightly

Natsu frowned. Now she was venting, there wasn't anything wrong with it he just wished him getting hurt hadn't affected her as much.

"We took him home but he refused to go see the guild healer... hehe he's very stubborn.... one of our guild mates told us he had taken an easy job that same day. I just kind of thought that he was feeling better and just got restless. I'm sure that's probably the case but I can't help but be worried about him. She smiled and pet him.

He cuddle into her "yeah I get what you mean.".

Lucy pet the dragon lovingly "I'm starting to get attached to you and I've only known you for a few hours" she giggled.

Natsu pressed himself into Lucy's warm touch. It was weird, being pet like a cat but it felt so nice.

The blonde glanced up at the clock that hung on her kitchen wall and sighed. "Better get ready for bed Kindle." She purred.

She gently place him down and walked into her bedroom, the little dragon scampered after her.

She gathered up some extra blanks from within her closest and place it on the floor. She moved the planked and some pillows to make a makeshift bed for her new roommate.

Kindle on the other hand watched her for two seconds before jumping up into her bed and making himself comfortable.

After Lucy had finished making his bed she turned around and spotted the dragon lying comfortably on her bed.

"Kindle." She laughed. The dragon raise his mussel to look at her.

"That's my bed silly." Quickly she moved over to him and removed him from the bed. She swiftly brought Kindle over and placed him gently down on his make shift bed.

"Nooo." Natsu wined.

"I wanna stay on you're bed, it's like sleeping on clouds." Lucy looked down at the dragon.

To her, he sounded a little like a kitten crying for his mother. She crouched down and rubbed the top of his head.

"I'm sorry boy but that's my bed it's not meant for dragons." She comforted.

Natsu frowned at her. 'I'm not a dragon.' He thought, knowing it would be helpless to cry and speak to her. He watch sadly as she got up and moved towards her bed.

He leaped after, back paw getting caught on his bed, causing him to stumble and fall. Unintentionally he let out a whimper. "Kindle?" Lucy concerned voice graced his ears. He stumbled back on to his feet and ungratefully made his way to the foot of her bed.

She looked down at him. Natsu desperate to sleep on an actual bed made a small whimpering noise, trying his best to guilt the blonde Mage.

He heard a sigh come from the bed as two arms reached toward him and carefully lifted him up and placed him on the bed.

"Only for tonight."

"Thanks Luce." The dragon purred his he curled up next to her.

Lucy place one arm around the dragon and closed her eyes falling into a comfortable sleep, the dragon following soon after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

959 46 12
As the fight with Tartaros comes to an END, Lucy overhears Zeref taking about THE book and quickly snags it before he notices! (NaLu fanfiction event...
38.6K 1K 33
Modern day magnolia you request a ride home from Zoomer (it's like Uber) and get picked up by Natsu Dragion. You feel a instant connection with him a...
3.2K 160 37
⚠︎︎WARNING:TRAUMATIZING EVENTS- ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ, ᴋɪᴅɴᴀᴘ, ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀɴxɪᴇᴛʏ ⚠︎︎ Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel. Two best frie...
258K 8.3K 57
[COMPLETED] "She liked it. His bluntness and honesty. His ability to reach out for what he wanted in all confidence, without playing any games. She w...