The Two Volunteers

By JJKmallards151300

We all know the story of Katniss and Peeta. But, what happens when Gale volunteers for Peeta? Katniss and Gal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Authors Note!
Chapter 13
Not an update! Sorry!
Another A/N
Chapter 14
Mockingjay...
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Authors Note...
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 5

128 9 1
By JJKmallards151300

Later that night, after everyone is asleep, I walk to Katniss' door. I hesitate in front of it. I haven't talked to her since she stormed out on us at the mention of us being together. I knock. No answer.

"Katniss? You in there?" I ask. I push the door open to find her sitting on the edge of her bed staring out the window. I step in and shut the door so we wont wake anyone. "Katniss?" I ask again. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure. What do you think?" she turns to face me.

"Katniss, I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I convinced Haymitch not to present us and lovers, if that makes you feel better."

"I miss home, Gale. I miss Prim, and my mother. I miss our woods." Tears start rolling down her face at the mention of home. I go sit by her. When I sit down, she scoots closer and lays her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her for comfort.

"I know. I do to. It will be alright. You will be home soon." Her head flies up to stare at me.

"What? I won't be home soon! I'll never go back home."

"Yes you will." I take her face in my hands so she has no other choice but to look at me. "You will go home. I won't allow you do die."

"If I go home, you die. Home isn't home without you." she wraps her hands around mine and pull them onto her leg. "I'm not going home unless you come with me. I refuse."

"Well, your not dying on my watch"

"How do you know I'm going home, and not you? What if I refuse to let you die?" 

"I just know, alright?" I pull her into my lap. "Just promise me you wont do anything stupid in the arena?"

She grins. "Alright. I promise." she looks at me with what she calls her 'thinking face'. "Just as long as you promise me the same thing."

I laugh. "Alright."

"And one other thing," she says.

"Yeah. Anything."

"Stay here with me tonight. Please?"

"Okay." I say. She jumps up, pulling me with her. She pulls back the silk bed sheets. She gets in and I slide in after her. Once I pull the covers around me, I look down and realize she's staring at me. "What?"

"Ya know, your kind of beautiful."

"Kind of?" I say smiling. Then I do the only logical thing I can think of. I kiss her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 1.1K 18
*Set in the last two movies of The Hunger Games* Heather is Katniss's and Gale's best friend. The three of them were friends from the very start.But...
6K 224 61
//IN EDITING// What happens when Gale is chosen for the Hunger Games instead of Peeta? Will Katniss and Gale survive? What happens when Peeta become...
52.7K 1.1K 54
What if Peeta and Katniss's "love" wasn't real at all? In this everthorne fan fic, Katniss realizes that what she has been telling Peeta for years, r...
630 6 55
This is going to be a Katniss and Gale love story through letters they write to each other. After the rebellion. There will be spoilers so if you hav...