HARD TO GET ➤ [ STILES STILI...

By disbmyfandom

In which Lilly Martin pines after her best friend, who has sadly had a crush on her twin sister since kinderg... More

0|CAST/SUMMARY
1|DEFINITELY SUPERNATURAL✔
2|THE HALE HOUSE✔
3|PARTIES ARE NOT FUN✔
4|SCOTT THE WISE✔
5|VIRGINS AND SACRIFICES✔
6|PARENT CONFRONTATIONS✔
7|STILES THE RAMBLER✔
8|THE DARACH EFFECT✔
9|TWO FAILED SUICIDES✔
10|GNOMES ARE THE REAL ENEMY✔
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
11|THE SAME VAULT✔
12|DEATON IS A KANIMA?✔
13|MISLETOE✔
14|THE OVERLOOKED✔
NOTE
15|THE KISS✔
16|SACRIFICES✔
17|I LOVE YOU✔
18|THE HAUNTING NIGHTMARES✔
19|WAKE UP✔
20|A BAD WEREWOLF✔
21|MORE BAD THAN GOOD✔
22|A WERECOYOTE ✔
23|FOREST RUNS AND BEAR TRAPS✔
24|MISCHIEF NIGHT✔
25|A PHSYCO WITH FLIES✔
26|PHOSPHORS✔
27|THE DARKNESS WITHIN✔
28|EICHEN HOUSE✔
29|THE POSSESSION OF STILES STILINSKI✔
30|THE DARKEST MINDS✔
31|DON'T GO✔
32|THE FINGER✔
33|TRICKSTER✔
34|CONTROL✔
35|MIND GAMES✔
36|THE CHOSEN ONE✔
38|THE LETTER ✔
SEQUEL

37|DIVINE MOVE✔

9.4K 222 144
By disbmyfandom

" I still hope that somehow,
you and I end up happy together. "

_____________

MY PHONE vibrates against my wooden desk, me quickly clutching it as my eyes scan over the new notification.

meet at school in 10
-scott

Before lockinh my phone, my eyes hover over my screensaver.
A picture of Stiles and I.
Both of us smiling brightly,  and it warms my heart.

       I then continue to lock my phone, placing it besidr me as I finish writing the last letter, adressed to Scott.

      With that, I seel the envelope, taking the batch of letters,placing them neatly on my bed.

Grabbing my bag as well as my coat, I make my way towards my car.

▪▪▪
W

hen arriving at Beacon Hills High, my group of friends are huddled, Scott, Kira,Lydia, Stiles,all of them waiting upon my arrival.

       My heart instantly breaks at the sight of my friends.
The death of Allison is still fresh in all of our minds, her empty spot leaving a hole in my heart.

     I haven't told my friends about me being responsible for the death of one of our closest friends.

  I want to. To get everything off of my chest, but I can only imagine the devestation, the sadness, the judgement.

I feel pathetic, like a coward, too scared to accept to consequences for my actions.

      With a light sigh,I push my thoughts back, slipping out of my car.

    Stiles seems more pale than when I saw him last night.
The circles around his eyes even darker.
      He looks sick.

Lydia supports him, as he is not strong enought to support his own weight.

  When reaching them, I give Lydia a tight smile, a genuine one however,

  "I'll take him." I softly tell her as she nods, my going to support Stiles, hes arm wrapping around my shoulder.

  "I got you." I tell him gently,

His chapped lips form a small smile, which I comply.

"You guys ready?" Scott speaks up, to which I nod, him then leading the way toward the double doors of the school.

Before pushing them open, his actions are interrupted by Stiles, "Scott, hold on," he stops ,his voice hoarse, waverung slightly as his eyes wander toward his friend,

            "I know what you're all thinking. If this works it might kill me too, but even if it does, you just -you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan." I bite my tongue, salty tears sringing my eyes,

    "We're not going to let anything happen to you, okay? So stop thinking like that." The crack in my voice is evident, unwanted emotion seeping through.

    The hazel eyes of Stiles meet mine, his glossing over slightly,

"You're going to be fine." I tell him softly and he only nods lightly.

  "Lilly's right. The plan is to save you, and that's the plan I'm going with." Scott tells Stiles,

And with that, he pushes the doors to the school open, and my eyes widen at the sight.

Instead of the usual hallway, the blue lockers,
The scenery is replaced with what seems to be a garden, snow bedding almost every corner of it.

      "Well, this is definately not part of the plan."

A snowflake lands on top of my nose, my eyes staring at the sky, more snowflakes appearing , is this actually real?

Snapping out of the wonder of the scenery, footsteps are heard behind us, and when noticing it's the Nogitsune in all its evil glory, I gulp lightly.

       At the sight, Kira instantly whips out her katana, aiming it at the demon.

      "Like I promised Stiles," the hollow voice of the Nogitsune spits, "we're going to kill all of them. One by one!"

And as he finishes his haunting words, the Oni appear, surrounding us, black smoke rising from them, the
      firefly yellow of their eyes burning brightly, their swords aimed at us.

"What hell is going on?" Scott,just as all of us, is confused, his head whipping around, his breathing staggered.

      "Between life and death." The Nogitsune tells us.

"Bardo." Lydia mumbles, eyes scanning the scenery, her strawberry blonde hair whipping around.

                 "But there are no peaceful deties here, Lydia. You'll die ,Stiles, and now everyone you care about is dying too."

"What? What do you mean?" Stiles seems confused, concerned, the Nogitsune only seeming pleased,

         "I've captured almost all territories on the boards Stiles. The hospital, the sheriff's station, and now the animal clinic."

      My eyes widen in realisation.
   The Nogitsune feeds off of chaos, strife, and fear.

     It will target any place, hurting anyone, trying to feed itself off of the hurt and chaos it has caused.

         "Do you know the ritual of sepukku Stiles?"

"No, and I don't want to." Stiles spats at him, yet , the Nogitsune only continues ,

     "When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana." When the Nogutsune gszes over at Scott, a sick feeling envelopes me,
     "Scott -Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade." I hang on to each word, the fear seeping in as the dark Kitsune speaks.

     "Unless Scott kills you first." The Nogitsune is now no further than two feet away from me and Stiles. It's lanky body, covered in bandages making me extremely uncomfortable, yet, I stand my guard, making sure to help Stiles stand on his own and to protect him.

         I've already lost one person I care about. And I'm not planning on losing another one.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Stiles seems almost st the point of tears,his voice desperate, cracking, eyes boring into the Nogitsune's.

And the evil spirit's answer is simple, yet complicated at the same time.

  "To win the game."

And with that, all hell breaks loose, the Oni battles against Scott and Kira,

With me making sure that Stiles and Lydia are safely behind me.

      I'm going to make sure they survive this,
I have to.

        Stiles then crouches down, his pale , long fingers skimming through the fallen snow, his hsnds finally reaching something as I widen my eyes,

"Stiles, stop." I croak,

Stiles clutches Kira's Katana, which had been thrown to the ground, him positioning the dangerous weapon in front of his stomach.

  And I know that with one simple move, he can end his life.

"Stiles, no!" The devestation in Scott's voice is evident, his breath shaky.

                "What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you." I shake my head in disbelief.

Is he really prepared to give his only life only to save us?

"What if it's just another trick?" Lydia speaks,

    "No more tricks, Lydia." The sinister voice of the Nogitsune croaks, "End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it, Scott. Be his kaishakunin. Give up the game. You            have no moves left."

"Stiles please, don't do this. Please." I beg him, warm tears dripping down my cheeks, his eyes gaze over to me, an unknown emotion flooding through his brown orbs, and then,he hesitates for a slight minute,before lowering the katana.

     I breath out a sigh of relief,

"You have no moves left." Spits the Nogitsune,

         "I do." Stiles throws Kira her sword, "a divine move."

I quickly go to support Stiles again,
my arm tightly around his waist as his other arm slings scross my neck,

"Stop fighting them!" Stiles speaks up, eyes meeting Scott and Kira's.

         "It's an illusion, you have to stop fighting them. It looks real and it feels real, but Scott you gotta' trust me. It's an illusion."

     How can he be so sure?
That it's just an illusion?
        My eyes rake him,
he seems serious, and when looking over to Scott and Kira,I know that this is the divine move.

     "Listen to Stiles." I tell them,

Stiles has always been right. About everything.
     He's smart, and somehow he figured out this ordeal.

    Scott and Kira quickly exchange looks, and then, lowering his claws, Scott takes the lead.

Both him and Kira walk toward the Oni, them slashing Scott and Kira with their swords, and I know that the emmense pain they must be feeling is almost unbearable.

       Dark blood stains the snow covered floor, and when Scott finally reaches the Nogitsune , he pushes the evil spirit, and in the blink of an eye,

       We're in the school hallway.

No snow. No garden. No Oni. No Nogitsune.

"We're okay." Scott breathes.

Before another word is spoken, footsteps echo the hall, our head snapping towards Void Stiles.

              He speeds toward us, throwing both Scott and Kira to the ground,his hallow, dark eyes snapping toward Stiles, Lydia and I.

"This was my game." He spits, "Did you think you can beat me at my own game?"

"Divine move," he cackles darkly, "divine move. You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni, but me? ME? I'm a thousand years old. You can't kill me!"

"-but we can change you."

       "What?"
"You forgot about the scroll." Stiles reminds him.

   "The Shugendo scroll."

Void Stiles seems to come to realistation, his move hanging slightly open,
"Change the host." He whispers.

        "You can't be a fox and a wolf."

And in an instant, Scott stands behind Void, togrther with Kira as Kira slices her sword through Void Stiles,Scott sinking his fangs into him.

     And as a yell erupts from the dark spirit, he falls on his knees, dozens of flies pouring out of his mouth,

Isaac, whom had only now arrived, makes sure to catch the flies in Derek's triskele box, him snapping it close.

The sight of Void Stiles shocks me, as
his face starts to crack, looking like a porcelain vase, he then plunges to the ground turning into dust.

      And with that, Stiles' arm slides from across my neck,me trying to srop him from crashing to the ground, however, I'm unsuccesful.

      In an instant, I kneel beside Stiles, my friends gathering ,

He still has pulse,
meaning he only fainted.

I breath a sigh if relief, and after several seconds, Stiles gains consciosness.

          "Oh god, I fainted didn't I?" I chuckle at his words and so does everyone else.

Stiles still looks pale, extremely pale,but it seems that he has gained some energy.

"We're alive." Stiles smiles, "We are all alive."

"Yeah.We're okay."

▪▪▪

T

he devestating sight of Aiden dying right in front of our eyes, it being caused by an Oni, broke Lydia's heart.

         I haf made sure to take her home, giving her a sleeping pill upon her request.

   How can she be so strong?

Her best friend died.

     Aiden died.

And yet, she still carries on.

Before leaving the house,I checked on her once more, her breathing even, her eyes lightly shut,

  and then, I made my way over to Stiles' house.

   When arriving,the living room light was still on. I made my way over to the front door,knocking gently as it was opened by Stiles.

   He seemed to have gained some color, he wore only a t-shirt with sweatpants.

      Before I could muster out a word, he pulled me in for a tight, almost bone crushing hug, my face nuzzling into his neck.

     "I'm sorry." He whispered, "I'm so sorry." I only tightened my arms around him, and I could then feel the sibs raking his body.

   "It's okay." My hands rubbed his back soothingly, as I allowed him to let it all out.

  Everything.

For weeks, he had no control over himself, he lost his body, his thoughts, his emotions,

his mind.

      And for the first time, he can finally let everything out.

After what felt like hours, Stiles finally releases me,his eyes wet and red,puffy, yet he still loomed gorgeous.

   "We can- we can go to my room." He moved out of the way for me to enter, but I shook my head.

  I don't want to make this any harder than it needs to be.

   "I uh- I gotta get back to Lydia, I just wanted to check in on you." I lie to him, my eyes never leaving his as he slowly nods,

     "Is she uh- okay?" I shrug, "she will be."

He only nods, as a silence engulfes us,

     "I uh- I need to go." The words left my lips so silently, and I wanted to cry. I wanted Stiles to comfort me. To hug me. To tell me everything will be okay.

       But, the reality is, that nothing will ever be fine.

For what I'm about to do will change everything.

  "You sure? You can sleep here." He insists, to which I only shake my head.

     And then, I wrap my arms around his neck in a tight embrace,his arms wrapping around my waist.

   We stay like that for minutes, and when I finally let go of the hug,my lips connect with his in s soft, gentle kiss, me resting my forehead against his.

     "Promise me one thing." My voice is silent in the cold night, "anything."

  "Promise me you'll always love me."

He pulls away slightly, gazing straight into my eyes,  "I'll always love you, Lilly Martin."

And then, with one last kiss, I hurry to my car before the tears overflow my eyelids, the salty liquid passing my lips as a sob escapes my mouth.

    Pulling out of Stiles' driveway, the last I see of him is his small smile as he waves goodbye, then going back inside.

   I bite back a sob, my vision blurry.

Then, switching on my GPS, I type in the destination that Deaton had given me,

And so, leaving Beacon Hills for what may be forever, leaving my friends behind, leaving Stiles behind, my heart shatters into a million pieces.

          For a new life begins for me,
one without my friends and family,

      a miserable one.

-
Edited [24 May 2019]

A/N
im not crying, you're crying

I completely rewrote this chapter
as it was total shit,but I hope it's
a bit better now!
This chapter literally
breaks my heart, but I hope
you guys enjoyed it!!!
Thank you all so so much for
supporting this book!
I love you all :)

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344 11 14
when Stiles, Scott, Allison and Lydia are befriended by new girl Casey who has a dark secret. When Stiles and Casey date are they in danger? When Cas...
26.9K 406 20
Margaret "Maggie" Martin, is the twin sister of the popular Lydia Martin. She lives a pretty normal teenage life, in Beacon Hills, with her two best...
135K 3.8K 15
Liana Martin, yes, Lydia Martin's sister. Compared to her sister, she is not popular and she doesn't date the captain of the lacrosse team. According...
172K 3.2K 23
What would happen if Lydia had a sister? Taylor Martin is the twin sister to the one and only, Lydia Martin. While Taylor thinks this year is goin...