In Your Shoes

By _SunnRisen_

Their destiny was set in stone. It would have ended either way. They were never going to cross paths again. O... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Sam
Chapter 2- Matt
Chapter 3- Sam
Chapter 5- Sam
Chapter 6- Matt
Chapter 7- Sam
Chapter 8- Matt
Chapter 9- Sam
Chapter 10- Matt
Chapter 11- Sam
Chapter 12- Matt
Chapter 13- Sam

Chapter 4- Matt

1.2K 9 1
By _SunnRisen_

It felt like air was gliding straight through my body. Everything went black, but I was still awake, and I was uncontrollably moving somewhere. I couldn't see anything, and I couldn't feel anything. I just knew that I wasn't asleep. I heard party conversations, and soon after, it was the calm ocean that filled my ears. No more talking, no more pain; just the calm ocean waves. Though I was in heaven for a few seconds, it didn't last for long. A sudden pain jolted straight to my stomach, and I felt pressure . . . like I was in water. After a few seconds, I realized I wasn't breathing. My eyes stung when I opened them, and everything was blurry. All I saw was a dark, blue-green color. That's when it hit me. I was under water.
"Blllggghh," I made an inhuman sound, and swam above the water. At this point I was coughing and sputtering, and held on to something wooden, which I decided was the leg of the pier. The first thing that came to mind was if I slept walk or something. All I remembered was this lady offering me a cookie with pink icing, and my head hurting. Now it was no longer my head, but my stomach.

I was far away from the shore and didn't think I would be able to climb up the pier due to my stomach. My coughing continued and it sounded very strange . . . kind of like a monkey — Or a girl. I knew I wouldn't be able to cry for help, so I sat in the water for a moment, contemplating. I certainly didn't feel like myself; I felt really awkward. A voice soon interrupted my thoughts, but I couldn't quite make out the words. Out of nowhere, I heard footsteps, like someone was walking on wood. Suddenly, a girl's face popped out of the edge of the pier. It was Emily, I think.

She seemed shocked. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" She held out her hand, ready to pull me up. I grabbed it, hoping Sam wouldn't find out Emily had helped me. I didn't respond, but let out a high-pitched cry of pain when she started to pull me up. I was freezing and I couldn't think properly enough to be genuinely concerned about my voice. She pulled me up in no time, and I felt something rise up in my stomach. Emily stared at me with a face I couldn't describe. She looked concerned yet sad at the same time.

"What were you doing down there?!" She blurted out. I stared at her. When I opened my mouth to speak, something else came out. I bent over to face the water, and started to puke. I heard Emily gasp. What really startled me was the blonde locks of hair that fell in my face.
"Sam . . .," Emily trailed off. I was still puking, and was in so much pain I ignored the fact that she just called me Sam. She pulled the hair out of my face, and when I stopped puking, I saw something in the water. When I first noticed Emily, I realized it was a reflection. But then I noticed me. Was it even me? I knew this wasn't a nightmare because of how much pain I was in, but I didn't believe what was happening. It wasn't my hair that Emily was pulling back. In fact, I didn't even have long hair, let alone it being blonde. I saw a familiar face ruffle in the waves. It wasn't me; I knew it wasn't. Not me, but Sam. The girl I had upset so much she ran off. The girl who had ran off in the direction of the ocean. The girl that I saw eat an unhealthy amount of food.

I was Sam.

Not knowing what to do, I let out what was supposed to be a scream but instead came out as a squeak.

I sat up. "You shouldn't have ran off like that! If I hadn't come, you'd probably be fish food!" I stared at Emily.

"But I-," I started. Emily held a face of sorrow.
"I uh, was gonna look out into the stars. But I kind of slipped and fell in," I lied. Emily let out a sigh.

"Sam, you scared me half to death!" I was starting to wonder how this happened. Okay, I know Sam and I got into a big argument, but I didn't believe in the "live in someone else's shoes" crap. I got even more worried when I realized that if I was in Sam's body, she was probably in mine.

"I need to go!" I shot up, and started to run. I could easily outrun her, considering I did a sport that requires that.

I reached the school almost instantly, and Emily was out of sight. I took off the grungy shoes Sam was wearing before I walked in.

I looked down, and for a moment I forgot what had happened. I was embarrassed for the girly costume, even though everyone thought I was Sam. It felt like I was in a utopian nightmare. I knew Sam; she would never be able to handle being a guy. I had to find her; or me — my body. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice.

"Participants for the costume contest, please make your way up here."

Oh no. Tess and I both signed up together as a costume duo, her idea of course. I started to shove people out of the way, and made my way towards the stage area. It wasn't the best idea, because I ended up running into someone. I noticed who it was right when I looked. Tess.
"Ughh! You idiot! You got me all wet! Why are you even wet?" She held a disgusted look on her face. I only stared at her, inaudible.

After a few seconds, she changed the subject. "Where's Matt? I've lost him ever since that stupid fight with you two! UGHH you're no help! You are just a little cry baby who blames my boyfriend on everything," said Tess, glaring at me. With that, she walked away. I continued to walk up front, until I felt someone grab the back of my — or Sam's — shirt, and yanked me forward. I looked up to see a familiar face.

Me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 68 13
From the title, you might think I'm transgender, but that's not the case at all. I didn't choose this, nor did I want it. One day, I woke up, and my...
48.3K 1.8K 17
Warning: this is a boyxboy story so if you do not like that you can leave. Actual summary: Cooper, an immensely powerful hybrid, who thinks he know...
4.3K 280 49
No one expected the Sky Fall, the rapid disappearance of the stars before they crashed into Earth, rendering it useless. No one expected humanity to...
7.1K 751 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...