Chance

By Broken88

Hidden away in a mental institution or for the patients an underground fighting facility for over a decade, y... More

Chance
Chance....Chapter #1
Chance....Chapter #3
Chance....Chapter #4
Chance....Chapter #5
Chance... Chapter #6
Chance... Chapter #7
Chance... Chapter #8

Chance....Chapter #2

33 3 0
By Broken88

The next day I'm staring out a window, Looking at the distasteful view. I'm already dressed and have my bag waiting for me. The door creaks open slowly and out pops Ag-lea, she is dresses in a black v-neck and a red skirt. I look at her bewildered. "This. This is what you choose to wear when we break out of a mental institution?!" I scream. She seems taken back for a moment but quickly regains composure and reply's "You don't look prepared yourself!". I laugh "You hired me to fight people not go on a run way" I say. She bites her tong and turns around. "come on!" she yells half way through the door. I take a deep breath and grab my bags, I walk out of the room without another glance.

Half way through the corridor, a security guard appears. Me and Ag-lea slam our backs to the wall and shut our eyes. Holding in our breaths as long as we possibly could. Ag-lea nudges my arm and my eyes fly open "cost is clear" she whispers and with that said we are back in action. Our shoes squeaked every once in a while when we crept around sharp corners. Other than that nobody said anything. I jogged through an opening until I realized Ag-lea wasn't behind me anymore. I quickly turned around and ran back, I looked around frantically. "Ag-lea! Ag-lea were are you!?" I yelled through a horse whisper. I heard a muffled groan..."Ag-lea?" I called out. "Chance" Ag-lea's voice rang in my ear. I turned around and opened up the closest door, I stood in place almost afraid to move....

A man had a piece of cloth held over Ag-lea's mouth and a knife to her throat. "Were are you girls going?" the man asked. "None of your business" I replied. "Take me with you or I'll kill her!" he screamed. I bit my lip, thinking of a way I might be able to rescue my accomplice."Okay, we'll take you with us but I need my friend back" I claim. The man smiles, "have her" and with that he makes a small incision on her lower neck and throws her down. I run to her side, we haven't even made it out and she's already getting her self into trouble.

I grab onto her neck and breath in. When I release the skin is re-attaching itself and the wound is healing. I look up at the man, he backs away. When I am standing in front of him, the sense of fear hits me. The fear is not radiating off my body though, it seems to be coming from him. "Coward" I yell. Gripping his throat I ram him into a wall and then let go, he falls limp. I kick twice and then leave him with a broken jaw to heal himself. I look over at Ag-lea, she is still unconscious. I swing her weightless body over my shoulder and continue the aborted mission. 

I run through the halls until I make it to the exit door, Ag-lea begins to wake up slightly and I place her on the floor. "What happened?" she mumbles."Don't worry about it" I reply and then take her heavy luggage and place it in her hands. She groans,  an announcement comes on making me and Ag-lea flinch. "We have a problem! Attention we have a problem". I stare at Ag-lea, "I think they know were gone! We need to leave now!" I scream. Ag-lea nods her head and we push open the doors, an alarm rings through the building and we take off running towards the high gate. 

Once we reached the gate I motioned for Ag-lea to go over. She looks away "I don't know how to get over" she says quietly. Suddenly I become annoyed. I grab her bags and mine and throw them over the fence. "Get on my back" I yell, she immediately follows the instructions. I grab onto the railing and make a foot hole. Slowly I pull me and her over. "There they are!!" Vixens voice screams. I look back and see several guards making there way over, "throw your body over the gate Ag-lea! do it quick" I say. She grabs onto the railing above my head and pulls herself over, I follow the movements. Ag-lea and me run as fast as humanly possible until we can no longer hear Vixen or any others estranged voices.

"Chance, I cant run anymore can we please stop for a moment!" Ag-lea rushes out. I sigh and take a seat on the ground. "Chance, what makes you so special?, why is everyone so afraid of you?, what does Vixen have on you?" she asks. I smile "You have a lot of questions...and I have the answers to every  one of those....but your not ready to hear them" I reply. She groans, "Why is everything such a secret with you!?" she yells. "I'm here to help you fight, I'm here to keep you alive. I'm not here to answer your prying questions!" I scream. She looks away.

I stand up and began to walk, for I know it will not be long before Vixen gets closer. Ag-lea trails behind me every once in a while trying to spark up a new conversation. Each time I blow it off with a short and UN detailed answer...hoping maybe she will realize I'm not in the mood. 

"Chance, I know the woman who owns a cabin not far from here, we can sleep there for the night..." she  says. I stop suddenly and look at my pocket watch, "wow, we have been walking for quit a while...i didn't even realize.." I say a loud. Ag-lea leads the way, I follow behind her starting to feel the effect of no food, water or resources. When the cabin comes into view I let my body fall to the ground. Ag-lea runs over to me, I'm gasping for air and feel myself falling into a sleep i know I won't wake up from. "Water.." I whisper. Ag-lea picks me up and throws me over her shoulder, she runs into the cabin and lays me on the couch. Seconds later she is tilting the cup in front of me, water slips into my mouth and I shut my eyes in relief. 

I stand up and take a deep breath, "Ag-lea i think you have earned yourself an answer..Vixen found out when I was younger, much younger that I could do things humans couldn't.." I say. She gives me a confused look but I brush it off , "I guess I'm just gonna have to show you" I say with a long sigh. I take her hand and lead her outside, 

I shut my eye's and hold my breath. I feel the wind start to pick up and the sky go black, I can hear the tree's swinging rapidly through out the world. I raise my arms up and my body begins to surround itself with white smoke. Suddenly I begin to spin and the next second I am in transition..My black wings shoot out and there is a loud clap of thunder. Lightning is striking all around me, I take another deep breath and swing my hands down causing all of the white smoke to disappear and my body to fall.

When I look at Ag-lea she looks frightened.."What are you a devil!?" she screams. I laugh coldly. "I prefer the name 'dark angel'..." 

That night while we waited for Ag-lea's friend to show up, Ag-lea stayed unusually quiet. My wings were off and I was back to normal so I decided to ask her whats wrong. As soon as my hand touched her arm she flinched. "You remember when you said you were only here to fight and protect me...well, I think its for the  best that you keep your distance. I wouldn't wanna have to hurt you" she says bitterly. I look at her for a second and then look away, she actually thinks she can beat me. Ha. Never.

"Are you challenging me? be careful about this decision" I say disbelieving how rude she was acting. She looks at me and raises her eyebrows, "You know what! I am challenging you. I'm sick of you thinking your better than me!" she screams. I smile, "well, come on! hit me" I say teasingly. She throws her punch and I duck down. She starts huffing angrily. I kick my foot up into the air swiping it across her face, she yelps in pain. I stand there looking at her while she falls down into a bawl crying. I walk over to her and take her by the hair, she screams and I throw her face down over and over until she is bleeding heavily. "Ag-lea don't mess with me anymore. Tomorrow when I leave I want nothing to do with you, I will no longer help you in the strive for vengeance. You no longer deserve my help" I say. She laughs wiping the blood off her forehead. "Perchance, your making a big mistake" she replies. I smile "No dear, I think you just did" I say giving one last forceful kick to her face. She grunts in pain. "Goodbye Ag-lea" and then I walk out of the room grab my bags and leave. 

The air outside is crisp and the wind is powerful, I walk forward and look around. There are no buildings or tree's...no roads. I turn and just start walking in to the forest. I don't care were it takes me anything is better than here. I keep on walking dragging my luggage behind me, and then I come across a lake. A sudden shock of adrenaline rushes through me as I hear leaves start to crunch. I pull out my sword and position myself in a fighting stance. I hold the sword above my head and my other arm is straight out in front of me with my hand clasp in a arrow position. I look around. A woman appears, she is in her mid twenty's straight red hair and white eye's "Perchance?" she questions. "That's me" I reply. "Where is Ag-lea?" she asks worriedly. "You must be her friend that owns the cabin...she's waiting for you" I say. "What! You mean she is at the cabin" she screams. "Yea why whats wrong?"..."Perchance, that cabin is armed if you go into the living room it triggers a bomb!" she yells. I look at her and take a deep breath "how do I know your not lying?" I ask. She sighs "I'm Ag-lea's mother!". "Impossible! Ag-lea said that her family was killed by the same people that killed my family" I yell. The women smile "wow, your good. I really thought you were gonna fall for that, my name is Cassandra I'm Ag-lea's friend who owns the cabin" she says. I laugh "you were testing me?". She nods "yep, we don't get a lot of folks around here just wanted to insure you were a good one" she replies. I nod my head approvingly.

"I would love to stay and chat but I gotta go" I say. "Wheres Ag-lea?" she asks. I scrunch my eyebrows "I told you she is at your cabin" I say. Cassandra laughs "that's a lie I was just there I came out to get some water..." she says. I put my sword in my bag, "I'm telling you she's at the cabin just keep walking the opposite way and you'll see it" I say. She gasps "Perchance my cabin is right here! That must have been a disposable one!" she screams. I look at were she is pointing and my heart drops there is a cabin almost identical to the one I left Ag-lea at. I start running towards the disposable cabin. "Ag-lea!" I yell loudly as I see the cabin in flames. 

Cassandra follows behind me as I run into the smoke filled cabin. I immediately am oxygen deprived, I put my hand over my mouth and start coughing. I go though the place quickly looking for Ag-lea. The smoke becomes to much and I signal for Cassandra to turn around. She looks at the house sympathetically but starts running to the exit.. When we are standing in front of the disaster I see two smoke covered feet appear..

"Ag-lea is that you!?" I ask. Her thin body appears and she nods her head. I look at her abused figure right as she collapses. "Ag-lea!" I cry out. I throw her body over my shoulder and run to Cassandra's cabin, the mysterious women my my side. The door swings open and a large living area appears, I set my friend down on the couch and take a seat while Cassandra tends to Ag-lea's needs. Giving her water and cleaning her cuts. 

An hour passes and Ag-lea starts to wake up "Who did this to you Ag-lea?" I question. She looks at me and the gives me a answer I was dreading

"They're coming for us Chance....all of them"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 86 14
Nobody knew his last name, but they knew his name and also that he was the right hand of the most feared and powerful Mafia, not just in Russia, but...
The Mating Test By phia.

Science Fiction

289 20 17
✧ ✏ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ, ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴛᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ? 𝔸iko strives to follow in her mother's footsteps. To show that she is stronger than those who came bef...
318 22 6
A girl is trapped in a dangerous relationship in Singularia city where instability and crime bursts at the seams. Caused from the forced extinction o...
7.4M 242K 67
Kali has to live with her moms new boyfriend and his five sons. Kali tries her best to fit in but living with five boys is really tough. Definitly wh...