Sunglasses

By writingfreedom

A Zayn Malik Short Story [Finished] More

Sunglasses
War
Twitcam
Lunch

Hush Cow

555 11 2
By writingfreedom

Lyric For the Chapter. ; )

From the moment i met you everything changed, I knew I had to get get whatever the pain.

- Liam Payne.

(Emilie.)

"Guess what I brought!?" Hailey says bounding into my room. "Josh Hutcherson!" Lanna screams from the window seat where she is sitting Indian style, fish tail braiding Kay's hair who is sitting in front of her.

"No better." She grins and holds up a box of monster. Lanna squeals, drops Kay's hair and runs over. "Ah, Ah, Ah. Later. So we can stay up all night." Hailey holds the box out of the tiny girl's reach. She pouts and stomps back over to the window seat to redo Kay's hair.

"No me gusta tu. Hey guess what?!" Lanna shrieks. Hailey goes over and puts her Ipod in my dock. "Guess what what?" Alyssa asks coming in the door. "We met One Direction today and I fought with Niall Horan!" Lanna exclaims hysterically. We all laugh at her. "You did not, stop lying Lanna," Kay protested. "Yeah, huh. Ask Millie, Niall and I fought over some M&Ms!" Everyone turned to look at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey Lanna your phones ringing." My mom says coming in as Lanna's phone plays a song from her hand.

"Now I'm climbing the walls but you don't' notice at all..." I take it from her and give it to Lanna. She drops it on the seat beside her. "They can wait until I am done with Kay's hair," she declares and finishes braiding Kay's waist length hair. I shake my head at her. I look around, Hailey's reading a magazine, Alyssa's texting and Kay's drawing. I figure they already dissmissed Lanna's claims of fighting with a popstar, she can't always be trusted even if I knew she was telling the truth. Lanna's phone beeps telling her she has missed call.

"Oh I like this song!" Lanna hops up ignoring her phone and turns the music up.

"Maybe it was the way she walked straight into my heart and stole it..." Kay runs her hand across her braid and smiles. Lanna picks up her phone jumping around screaming out the lyrics to the song.

"It's unknown number." She looks at me and grins. "Bet it's my smexy Irish bestest friend." I roll my eyes. "How do you know he's Irish?" "I know everything about them." She winks and puts the phone to her ear.

"Lalalalalala. Pick up the phone." We laugh looking at her waiting for him to answer the phone.

"Hello Bestest Friend."

"Oh it's you. No me gusta tu."

"I don't care." She rolls her eyes. "I'm gonna hang up."Lanna said in an annoyed sing-song tone.

"Is he even there? Or was that you that called me?" She demanded stomping her foot. "I don't care if Louis thinks your an attractive young lad, give Niall the phone!"

"Hello Harry!" "Yes she's here." Kay and Alyssa turn to look at me shocked, Hailey just continues reading. "She wasn't joking was she?'' Kay asks with wide eyes. I laugh and shake my head. Lanna grins and mouths 'I told you so'.

"Oh really. I didn't think Millie was that kinda girl." My eyes widen and I jump up. "Give me the phone!" I demand trying to get the phone. She laughs. "No, you loser."

"No, not you Harry, Millie. Oh hey Niall!"

"You know this song? I love it. You're at Starbucks? Me gusta. Whatcha getting?" Lanna changed the subject so fast.

"I love those their my favorite." Lanna squealed. "Yes sir! I love you! And a caramel frappuccino, and a Green Tea frappuccino and a Caramel Machiato and a Cinnamon Dulce Latte. Gracias!" we all looked at Lanna and then at each other as she listed off our favorite Starbucks drinks.

"Whee! I love you so much! I know Green Tea Frappuccinos are nasty. They're Hailey's favorites."

"She's my friend. Yes, I have friends." "How many?" "Hmmm... Lots including four, no Five fish and two iguanas. Yeah I'm bringing them Millie, Kay, Hailey and Alyssa. Okay, bye then."

"Tell him I say not bye, and creo que el es una vaca." She pressed end annoyed.

She grinned at us. "Guess what Ladies!? We just got invited to Starbucks by singing european boys."You have got to be kidding me, why does stuff like this always happen to you?"Kay asked raising an eyebrow.

"God loves me." "Oh Lanna." I said laughing. "Now up up up! I'm driving drive." She announced and bolted out of the room. "You mean I will drive." Hailey corrected. "Callate tu boca, you never let me do anything!" she whined. "That child," I said shaking my head. "Mental issues." Kay said in a sing-song voice. Once we got to the bottom of the stairs we heard;

"Bye Sarah! Were going to Starbucks with sexy European boys we only met today!" and then a door slam.

I looked at my mother who was laughing. "I take it your going to Starbucks?" She asked. "Yeah. Lanna's driving so if you never hear from us again, I love you." She chuckled.

"Have fun then." We said our goodbyes and followed Lanna outside. She was waiting in her Jeep outside. I climbed in the passenger seat and Kay, Alyssa and Hailey got in the back. I strapped my seat belt on and tightened it. Lanna wasn't the most graceful driver.

***

"I'm alive!" Hailey yelled hopping out. Kay followed and fell to the ground pretending to kiss it. Alyssa got out and took a deep breathe. I got out and turned and looked at Lanna. She rolled her eyes.

"Remind me again why we let you drive?" I demanded. "Because I'm amazing,duh," she answered and waltzed away towards the Starbucks. We followed her into the store but not as vivaciously.

We found her sitting in a booth next to Niall and across from Zayn and Harry. Liam and Louis were in the booth across the aisle.

"Those are my friends." Lanna pointed to us. Hailey blushed when they waved at us. Kay and Alyssa looked to be having panic attacks that they were unsuccessfully trying to hide. I rolled my eyes and made my way over.

The girls followed slower and stopped a few feet behind me. Lanna was sipping on her drink, and looked at us through her lashes. "My awkward friends of the female gender meet the world famous boyband that I met today in a convient store. Oh, and the cow." She motioned toward Zayn. He stuck his tongue out. "Sit." Lanna commanded and pushed me with her leg. I glared and sat down next to Liam. Hailey sat next to Louis and Alyssa and Kay sat at a booth diagnal.

"Trade." Harry declared and the next thing I knew the boys were climbing over each other to the spots they wanted. "Refund Please." Lanna said as Zayn sat beside her. Lanna got up and sat across from him. "I would have sat on the floor but it's dirty." She informed him cheekily. He rolled his eyes. Even around celebrities Lanna managed to be ridiculous and hold a petty grudge.

Louis was sitting across from Kay and Liam was sitting beside him across from Alyssa. Harry was sitting beside me and Niall next to Hailey. Lanna put her back on the wall and her legs on the booth. "Y'all, your drinks are over there," she pointed to the booth behind her. Harry got the carrier and brought it to the table. "Which one did you want?" "The Caramel Machiatto." I said, he handed it to me and turned to Hailey. "Green Tea Frappuccino." Lanna crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out. Niall made a gagging noise. "Gross." Lanna announced. Hailey shrugged her shoulders and sipped her drink.

Lanna's eyes went wide. "I shall die now." She informed us and closed her eyes pretending to die. "Dying is boring." Lanna announced opening her eyes. She could really do with a bit more sleep. "Lanna how much sleep did you get last night?" I asked concerned. She shrugged her shoulders and thought about it. "None, actually. I don't think I've slept since two days ago." "Why?" Harry asked concerned. "There's this thing called the internet and it keeps me occupied for quite a long time." Harry laughed and handed the the carrier over to Liam and Louis. The caramel frappuccino was Alyssa's and the Cinnamon Dulce Kay's.

I looked over as Lanna snatched the glasses off of Zayn's face. "Hey!" He cried. She grinned and put them on. "Hush Cow. I am trying them on." I laughed along with everyone else. She puffed out her cheeks and crossed her eyes. I laughed harder, Lanna faced Zayn who chuckled at her.

"Stupid Cow. Your not supposed to laugh, your supposed to think I'm weird and leave." She pouted sticking her lip out and facing me. She had her puppy dog eyes on. "I want a cookie."

"Your not allowed to have cookies." Hailey argued. "I'm not allowed to have lots of things like this for example." She said motioning to her Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino.

"Ellanna," Hailey warned. Lanna rolled her eyes. "Yes, mother dearest?" "No cookies."

"I'm buying a cookie." She said looking at Hailey and hopping up. She walked to the front to buy her cookie.

"Why do I even try?" Hailey asked no one in particular. "Why is she not allowed to have cookies?" Harry asked confused. "You saw her today at the store. Didn't you?"

"It gets worse?" Liam asked amused. "Much. When Lanna doesn't get enough sleep, which happens a lot, she relies on sugar to keep her going and it usually doesn't end well." Alyssa complained.

"Shut up you Llamas. I know your discussing me." Lanna slid back into her seat. "Well aren't you a lovely ball of sunshine." Louis teased. "They didn't have chocolate chip only sugar cookie. No me gusta." "Then why did you get one?" Zayn asked confused.

"I wanted a cookie." She said like it was evident.

****

"Zayn was all like Omg! I need a mirror! Liam where's my mirror! Does my hair look okay?! Blah Blah! Wahh! Niall quit poking me! Liam the mirror!" Louis said grinning at Zayn. "I was not. Well Niall you were poking me but not the rest." Zayn protested.

We were all laughing at him, even Lanna. Her and Niall were laughing the hardest. It was a habit of Lanna's to keep laughing even after something wasn't funny.

She could still be laughing at a joke five minutes later.

She was still wearing Zayn's glasses, he hadn't asked for them back yet though.

"Don't need make up to cover up.." We heard from Lanna's direction. Liam's head snapped in her direction. Zayn's, Niall's, Louis' and Harry's followed. She fished her phone from her pocket. Shock was all over their faces and it took them a minute to recover. I guess they weren't quite used to hearing themselves.

"Yello?" "Oh hey Auntie Macy. Yeah Kay and Alyssa's here." Lanna's face fell. "Do they have to go?"

"Uh-uh, I'll tell them. Bye Aunty Macy." Macy was Kay's mom. "Kay, you and Alyssa have to go pick up your brother from the ariport. Jenny's sick with chickenpox so Aunty Macy can't go get him and James is caught up at work."Alyssa groaned. "Why me?!'' Jesse was Alyssa's brother and Kay's stepbrother. He had been on a missions trip to Nicuagra and every time he came home he felt the need to lecture us about the poor starving children in other countries. I mean I felt bad for them and my mom and I constantly sent care pakages to him and with him but I'd rather not have a lecture everytime I go to turn the faucet on or open the door. "Here." Lanna tossed them her keys. Alyssa stuck her tongue out and Kay caught the keys sulking. "Bye Losers!" he shouted after them. Hailey called to them as they left asking if they would tell Jesse 'hello' for her.

"I hope they're gonna be okay." Hailey said worried. Lanna smiled evily. "The losers, I almost feel bad for them. Niall you are .Irish yes?" She asked. "Yes." Lanna looked at me triumphantly. "I know all!" I laughed along with the others. "No, you don't." I argued sticking my tongue out at her. She stuck hers back out at me in return.

"What am I thinking?" Liam asked. "Pie." She answered. He looked at her shocked. "I am." "See, none of you ever believe me." "What am I thinking?" Niall asked.

"Ducks." She answered. "Wrong. Platypuses." "Even better." She grinned. "Platapi," I corrected. "Este chica va a hacer que me vuevle loca," Lanna muttered under her breathe.

"Thank you." Harry answered. "I wasn't talking to you." Lanna protested. "Yes, you were." Louis contradicted.

Lanna narrowed her eyes. "Nope." Liam was busy trying to balance a straw on his nose. Niall was watching him laughing. "Yes." "No." "Yes."

"No"

"I don't even actually know what you said," Harry admitted.

"I like Llamas." Lanna announced. "We know," Zayn said and poked her. "He touched me!" She screeched. The worker at the front of the store gave us a dirty look. Lanna stuck her tongue out at her. "LANNA!"

"What she started it," she pouted at me. The worker made her way over to us and I groaned internally.

"I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave," the blonde said in a warning tone. We got up. Lanna turned around and looked at her. "This is my fifth time getting kicked out just so you know."

She then turned and hurried to the door struggling with Louis to be the first one out.

Continue Reading