Please Be Home

By imsh00k

"When the stars stop shining above us, please be home. A wicked step away and I'm falling in your leave." //P... More

Shake//Dan
Glow//Dan
Heart//Phil
Has//Dan
Listen//Phil
Temptation//Phil
Fall//Omni
Freeze//Dan
Fade//Phil
Speechless//Dan
Human//Phil
Stole//Dan
Explain//Phil
Vagabond//Phil
Once//Dan
Dance//Omni
Away//Dan
Home//Phil
Epilogue

Lately//Dan

488 58 55
By imsh00k

•first person•

I wait all day for him to return home. It's stupid, and I'm pathetic, but what else am I supposed to do?

Lately, he's all I think about.

I could distract myself with all the people and drugs in the world, but I'm sure
I'd still think about him too much.

There's a click of him opening the front door, and a thwomp of his feet coming up the stairs, and eventually he enters the lounge.

I sit on the couch with my knees against my chest. I feel,
Empty.

He sees me and smiles, "I'm home."

You are.

It's seven o' clock. At least he's on time for me.

I sit up and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in his shoulder. I can tell he's surprised by the sudden intimate contact by the way he jumps.

"Woah, I wasn't gone that long," he jokes with a chuckle.

I close my eyes and just feel his warm body in my arms; my nose breathing in his scent, and a hint of unfamiliar perfume that makes me sick.

"Don't ever leave and not come home, without telling me," I whisper.

He giggles and hugs back, "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I just got really tired, and didn't feel like heading home."

That better be all.

I sigh, "Call. Always. I was worried."

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Now that you're here," I mumble into his shoulder, "The whole world can rest when you're here with me."

I wonder if you know that even after all these years I still appreciate just being in your presence.

"Are you going to let me go, or are you going to hug me until the end of the world?" Phil says.

I smile, "Is that an option?"

"No," he laughs, "I have a girlfriend and a life to get back to."

I frown, "I'd make a better girlfriend."

Phil hums amusedly, "Shut up."

"We'd make a cute couple," I giggle.

Phil pulls away to point an accusing finger at me, "Phandom, is that you? What did you do to Dan? Where is he hidden?"

I laugh, "I've been the phandom this whole time, Phil."

Where's the lie?

He rolls his eyes, "I knew it. Now come on! Let's order some pizza, Phan trash, I missed you."

And I swear, he said that, and my heart smiled.

•••

~But It's Better If You Do~
Panic! At the Disco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.3M 51.7K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
90.3M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...