A knight's devotion zen wiste...

Da ArellaLeong

They say that trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair. When a knight is devoted... Altro

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7, part I
chapter 7, part II

chapter 4

3.2K 64 15
Da ArellaLeong

Volume 1 chapter 4 : { A knight's will}

Grey ; colourless and dull.

Her life had been in black and white since Zen and her friends left two weeks ago. She hadn't smiled in awhile, which didn't come unnoticed by the young prince. His head laid on her lap, bouncing up and down occasionally due to the road being uneven. He lifted his hand up to her face.

She had changed recently, as if she had found something she once lost. He would notice the smallest of details about her. How she would smile softly, thinking no one could see and how she showed more emotion the past few weeks.Her head was rested on her hand. The scenery outside was a sight to behold. How long has it been since she had scene this land? Two weeks. Two weeks wasn't exactly that long but to her it felt like years. Visiting Clarines had become her weekly routine. This past two weeks, she had found herself subconsciously getting prepared to head to Clarines.

Prince Raj stared at the girl a while longer. Taking in every detail. every single one. Being this close to her face had given him the opportunity to examine her features. He never once took the liberty of taking a good look at her. But now that he has, he has to say. She was a beauty.

"Y/n?"

Averting her gaze from the window, she looked down at the prince, who laid comfortably on her lap. She awaited for him to continue.

" You have been smiling a lot more since coming to Clarines. I like it. Well, um... eh....You should always have that smile on, i guess."

Taken aback by his words, she smiled down at him, only to return her gaze to the window. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

She had taken that better than he thought. A new feeling bubbled in his stomach. what is this? This feeling? Was it friendship? The friendship he had longed since childhood? Or was it something else? With a smile plastered on his face, he continued to stare at the H/c haired girl.

-

The carriage had come to an abrupt stop, causing Raj to almost fall off. But unlike last time, the female knight had a tight hold on him. Thanking her once, he sat up.

" Your majesty, Prince Zen, welcome back. "

Her head hung, bowing in front of the two rulers of Clarines. After being told to lift her head, she escorted Raj inside, deciding to spare a glance at zen before leaving.

~

"Y/n"

Hearing her name, she tilted her head to the back. Zen? Coming to a stop, .

" What is the matter, Zen-sama?"

At this, zen frowned. He had told her many times to drop the honorifics. Was it because he had left for two weeks? Had he become a total stranger to her again? As if they had never moved from square one?

"I told you to call me Ze-"

He felt it. That feeling of adrenaline. How his heart had skipped a beat. He took in the familiar scent. Ah, How he missed her. Snaking around her waste, he buried his face in her neck accepting her hug. He didn't need to worry about that anymore.

" My sincere apologies, I shouldn't have done that"

Shaking his head, he placed his hand on her head and smiled at her. The walk to his study area was quiet but not uncomfortable. Oh no it was the opposite of that.

She had been tackled to the ground. What happened? who is this? This scent, its familiar. Opening her eyes, cat-like yellow eyes stared at her. A smile plastered on his face followed by him screaming her name.

"Long time no see, Y/n-san"

Smiling at Obi, she grabbed onto the hand he held out. Looking around the room, she spotted all the familiar faces she missed oh so much.

~

The roads were empty with nothing but tumbleweeds and cacti. The heat had gotten to Zen as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. Unlike him, Y/n seemed unfazed by it. Her chest plate reflected the sun. The clanking of boots was the only sound there was to hear. No trees. No water. No sign of mankind. He was confused. How could she wear a longed sleeved shirt in this heat and continue on like it was nothing. Feeling his eyes on her, she sighed. She would have asked the others to come as well but Shirayuki had to go into the woods to pick herbs and Zen would not allow her to go alone, ordering Mitsuhide and Kiki to watch over her. Her prince had also given her a task while they were in Clarines. It was to go to the nearest town ; about fifty kilometres to the left of Clarines and ask to trade with the mayor. Of course Zen couldn't trust that she would be safe alone, so he ordered that Obi accompanied her to this town, with him tagging along too. Although she declined many times, he couldn't just leave her. He said something along the lines of escaping the torture of being the prince.

Slinging his arm around her shoulder, Obi grinned at the girl. What an amazing smile. It was carefree. Like there was nothing in the world that would hurt him. Like that smile will stay there forever and ever. How could he smile like that? Over the past few weeks, she had learnt many things about his past. It was equally as heartbreaking as her's. So, how? How could he keep smiling like that? Nontheless, she liked it. She like it so much.

"Your smile...."

Humming in response, He leaned closer to her. she was facing the ground, not making eye contact with him.

"I... really like it."

She turned her head to face him with a sweet smile. Those particular words had made him grin like an idiot. What was this? This was....

" Ahem, I'm still here you know?"

Ignoring him, she continued on with a smile plastered on her face.

" Looks like your being ignored."

Shaking her head, she stole a glance at the two boys. She missed those two idiots. Although she'll never say it to their face.

Catching her look back at him, he smiled. Ruffled his white hair and pushed Obi off him. He had missed her too.

~

" Sorry ma'm but this is all we've got "

Nodding, she took the goods and gave them hers. Obi, who was oblivious to the fact that she had left a bit of money for them, walked up to her and started talking. Zen, on the other hand. He noticed it. He knew everything that happened. Since he met her, he had been keeping an eye on her. No one knows when something might go wrong.

But apparently, he worried too much about her safety. So much that he neglected his own. Which could have cost him his life. The silver arrow that was protruding out of the female's arm was intended to pierce through his heart. If it wasn't for her, he would be dead. He panicked. She was hurt. And not to mention, she was her protecting him. The guilt had weighed him down. He was grateful she had saved him. Yes, very grateful but she was hurt and thats what he should be focused on.

he had no time to-

Noticing his worry, she waved him off telling him she was okay and to get to the horses.

"Bandits?"
Obi observed their surroundings. Not one person could be seen. Whoever was planning this was definitely elite. Never letting his guard down , he walked to the girl. He was surprised she could tell when the arrow was coming. He was a high level assassin and yet he failed to notice it.

Grabbing hold of the arrow, he knew he had to act fast or the blood loss would be too much for her body. He was trained in this field so he knew exactly what to do but his state of mind was in utter mess. His panicking state had caused his hands to shake vigorously. Shirayuki had told him about this svent before. Poison. Nonetheless, he tended to her wound loke a mother would for her child. He easily patched it up but the poison, he could not treat. It could have a major effect on her body. Not only that, but it could potentially kill her if she didn't get treated fast. She winced. This was definitely not the worst injury she ever had. But this one, this one had hurt. so much that she felt light headed. Obi grabbed the end of the arrow, snapping it in half. If he had taken the whole arrow out, it would have left her in excruciating pain. As he took the other side of the arrow out of her hand, he made sure to do it gently as to not do any more harm with the arrow protruding of her arm.

He needed to get her to shirayuki and fast. Without any hesitation he climbed onto his horse and set her on his lap nodding to Zen to start riding.

~

Shirayuki was panicking. Over the short time they spent together, they had grown rather close. She had successfully bandaged her arms. The arrow's momentum had been greatly slowed by the light armor she wore on her arm, stopping just before her bone. But the problem was, she wasn't waking up.

Startled by the sudden sound of the door being slammed open, she tilted her head back only to see Raj. How sad he looked. He walked closer to where y/n laid. Zen had been watching from the side. He spotted it. he knew what happened. Beckoning Shirayuki over, he explained what happened.

"Poisoned?!"

~

The antidote would have taken a day to settle but it was uncertain when she would awaken.

"Hmm? She save him from something even Obi couldn't see? This is interesting."

Prince Izana left to a meeting with Raj who had stormed into the meeting room. Shirayuki, who had to get back to work, left y/n in zen's hands.

That leaves Obi, Zen, Kiki and mitsuhide.

"All of you can head back first. I'll stay"

Zen looked down at the sleeping knight. Her soft breaths. Her chest that was rising and falling in a steady pace. He was relieved. He had only known her for a few weeks but they had a connection that would take years to build.

" Nope, sorry master but we are her friends too. We'll stick around for awhile more."

Understanding what Obi meant, he sat at the side of her bed. If he had to wait. Then wait he will. As long as it takes.

~

Spring had always gave off a rather relaxed feeling. Just the thought of spring made her smile. The light streamed through the window blinds colouring the room in a red hue. A pair of e/c eyes stared unblinking at the ceiling. How long? How long has she been out for? Rotating her body to the left a little ,she managed to see a flash of white hair. Had he been waiting for her all this time? She stretched out her left hand to pat his head. What is this? Bandages? Oh right.

Sitting up, she used her dominant hand to pull his head onto her lap. His soft white hair. His peaceful face. She smiled down at him. What would have happen to her if she had gone alone?

In this case, Zen's over-protectiveness had come in handy. Now, That arrow. It was directed to hit Zen in the heart. Making it an instant death. She was happy she injured her arm to save his life. It was only her arm, was what she thought.

Feeling him shuffle in his sleep, she looked down at him. Blue eyes, half opened. White hair, Ruffled in his sleep.

" Goodmorning, Zen."

Widening his eyes, he stared at the girl now fully awake. His facial expression then change to one that states just how upset he was.

" Don't scare me like that...."

She kept her gaze on him. Not blinking. Not flinching. It softened and she let out a giggle, to his surprise.

" Hmm, Thank you, Zen."

That was rare moments she smiled a real smile. What she had longed for.

A carefree one.

~

"Y/n!"
Leaning against the bed frame, She set her book down.

" Raj-sama. My sincere apologies I couldn't complete the mission"

On the way back to the castle, Obi had to leave the trade items in order to shorten the duration of the journey.

she bowed her head.

"And to add to it, I got injured. I am willing to take my punishmen-"

The air had pushed her hair behind her. The pair of arms that held her in that moment felt like something she hadn't felt in awhile. It felt like her brother was there.

"Shut up. I was worried sick."

Her shoulders slumped. Not bad. Not bad at all.

~

Preview

"I would like to buy her. "

" It is a pleasure to work with you, your highness"

"You...."

" Lets make the time we have here. Be worth while."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

311K 6.3K 28
Sometimes the dead have a scary way of returning to life, especially when they're better off dead. And especially when he finds his way into your he...
4.4K 191 12
TRUST. It takes years to build and seconds to break.
1.7K 0 7
As a witch, you grew up surrounded by witches. And because of your upbringing, you fear anything that isn't related to witches. Until you stay with a...