Scars

By BrittNicole4eva

While most girls have bracelets or tattoos decorating their arms, Jennifer has scars. Jennifer's story of ho... More

Prologue: Denver 2007
Chapter One: North High School 2014
Chapter Three: What Scars Are For
Epilogue: The Years to Come

Chapter Two: 1055 Logan Street

14 1 0
By BrittNicole4eva

Alex's P.O.V

"So what's this all about?" I demanded when Jennifer closed the door. Jennifer sighed. "Take a look."

I gasped when she rolled up her shirt sleeves. Long scars ran down both of her arms. "Omigosh," I exclaimed. "What the hell happened?!" "My dad's what happened."

Jennifer sighed and closed her eyes as if she was remembering something awful. "It started when I went to a party and someone accidentally gave me some alcohol. My dad was so mad. He threw his whiskey glass at me. That's how I got this." Jennifer pointed to a long scar down the side of her arm. "Jennifer," Taylor asked. "Why didn't you tell us?" "I was really scared," Jennifer admitted.

"Well you're safe now," I told her. "We're your friends no matter what." "Thanks," I replied.

Jennifer's P.O.V

I cried myself to sleep that night. Why couldn't the scars go away? Why did they mock me, tell me I was to weak to save myself from my dad.

Alex must've heard me because she came in with her iPod. "Here," she handed me the earbuds. "Listen to this song."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
23M 805K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...