A Criminal's Kiss

By pialikesfood

Skye Moreno's life is pretty different to most other girls her age. For as long as she can remember she's be... More

Chapter 1✓
Chapter 2✓
Chapter 3✓
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 11

151K 3.3K 288
By pialikesfood

Blake and I stayed under the table for quite a long time, I hoped that by the time we came out, the chaos would have died down but it seemed that luck was not on our side because gunshots increased and screams got louder.

Blake and I had our guns out, but made no effort to come out from under the table and participate in the shootout.

 I quickly poked my head out from under the table, and looked around, feeling worried when I saw none of my brothers or Mac.

I adjusted my earpiece “Are you all okay?”

There was no reply. “Hello? Mac? Elliot? Aaron?” I shouted into my earpiece but yet again there was no reply.

I looked at Blake, “Do you think they’re okay?” I asked, slightly panicked.

“Don’t worry Skye. They’ll be okay,” He said reassuringly.

I frowned but didn’t say anymore.

After a moment of silence, Blake spoke. “Are you okay?” he asked, sounding genuinely worried.

I gave him a short nod, not bothering to speak.

Blake studied me for a moment, as if he was checking whether or not I was really okay, before he spoke again, “Come on, the cops will show up soon and we don’t want to be here when they show up,” he said.

“What about-”

“Don’t worry, I’ll go find your brothers and Mac, but first I need to get you out of here.”

I raised an eyebrow, “I don’t need to go anywhere and I won’t be going anywhere.”

Blake glared at me, “Yes you are.”

“No I am not!”

Blake scowled, “What are you going to do then, wait here until some idiot comes and kills you?”

“In case you haven’t noticed, I am capable of taking care of myself in situations like this, so just leave me alone!” With that I went to crawl out from under the table.

Blake reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me back so that I fell back into his lap. I scrambled off, hastily before turning around with a scowl on my face.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Blake asked.

“The moon,” I said sarcastically, “Where do you think I’m going?”

“You are not coming out from under this table!”

I smirked, “Just try and stop me.” I crawled out from under the table as fast as I possibly could, trying to escape Blake, but Blake, being the persistent person that he is, followed me out from under the table.

I whirled around and glared at him, “Stop following me!”

Blake just shrugged as he continued to follow me.

I looked around, people were running around, shouting and screaming, bullets were flying through the air, and cards were fluttering down to the ground like snowflakes. Tables were on the floor, having been knocked over in the chaos. The walls had several bullet holes, and I could spot a couple of suspiciously still bodies, lying amidst the fray.

Holding my gun out in front of me, I moved towards the door on my right labelled ‘Staff Only.’ As I pushed the door open, Blake grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the door.

“Let go of my hand,” I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

“No. I’m getting you out of here-” Blake stopped mid-sentence, and pulled me down to the ground, successfully avoiding a bullet that was aimed at me.

“Please Skye,” Blake pleaded, his eyes staring into mine.

“Blake-”

“Please,” Blake begged, gripping my hand even tighter.

I sighed and nodded, “Fine.”

Blake nodded at the fire exit, on the far left of the room, signalling for me to follow him there. He began to make his way over there but I stopped him, “Blake?”

“Yeah?”

“Make sure my brothers and Mac are okay. Please.”

“I will. I promise.”

***************************************

Blake thrust some money in my hand, “Get a taxi home,” he instructed before pushing me towards the fire exit.

He turned away but I grabbed his hand, “Be careful.”

Blake nodded, letting go off my hand and turning away.

I turned back around and made my way towards the fire exit, but stopped when I heard a bullet go off and then a shout of pain. I spun around and let out a sigh of relief, when I realized it wasn’t Blake.

I could still see him walking away, “BLAKE!!!” I shouted, praying that he had heard me.

He turned around. “BE CAREFUL!!!”  I yelled.

Blake nodded, “GET OUT OF HERE!”

I nodded and took one last look at him, but before I could turn around and walk away another gun shot went off and I froze, my face immediately going as white as a sheet.

********************************************

Initially I didn’t realize that I had been shot; the chaos around me stopped me from realizing it. But I did feel a stinging sensation in my stomach, and when I looked down I saw the blood oozing from my side.

I gulped and swooned at the sight, feeling light-headed all of a sudden. I tried to breathe, but my mouth wouldn’t open, my nostrils wouldn’t inhale. The air wasn’t getting to my lungs, and I fell to the ground.

It wasn’t like in the movies, where the victim was on the floor, writhing in pain. I wasn’t shouting and screaming. I could barely move.  I couldn’t feel the pain.

It wasn’t like in books where the victim was describing a burning sensation where they got shot. There was no burning fire in my stomach. All I could feel was numbness.

My vision went fuzzy. I felt like I was in a tunnel and everyone else was at the other end, their voices shouting at me, echoing, rebounding inside my head.

Vaguely, in the distance I could hear someone running towards me, shouting my name. Who was it? I recognised them, but at the same time I didn’t.

After that everything happened really slowly, I saw Blake make his way over to me, I saw the fear in his eyes as he grabbed my hand and began shouting at bystanders.

“Skye!!!”The person said, lifting my head up and laying it down on something soft. I could feel someone holding my hand gripping it tightly. Blake put my head on his lap on gripped my hand tightly.

I began to feel slightly sleepy; everyone’s voices Blake’s shouts of fear soon became soft murmurs that made me even sleepier. My eyelids began to droop and I didn’t bother to fight the wave of tiredness that hit me.

I closed my eyes and let unconsciousness wash over me.

***************************************************

Blake’s POV

“GET OUT OF HERE!!!” I shouted desperately at Skye, who was looking at me in with an unreadable expression in her eyes.

I watched in as the bullet hurtled threw the air and hit her in the stomach. My eyes went wide, and I shouted out her name but she didn’t respond. I watched as blood began to pour out of the side of her stomach, and I ran towards her, pushing people out the way as I tried to get to her.

I grabbed her hand and looked and looked at the all people who were watching the sight in horror, “SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!! GET HELP!!!” I shouted.

“Skye!!!” I watched as her eyes began to close, I lifted her head onto my lap and watched in alarm, as she closed her eyes and her body fell limp in my arms.

“Wake up Skye!” I shouted, shaking her. She had to be okay. She had to. I continued shaking her but she didn’t open her eyes, she didn’t even stir.

Suddenly, I felt an arm on my shoulder and I looked up to see Elliot, Mac, and Jake looking down at Skye in shock.

“What the fuck happened?” I heard one of them ask.

“She got shot.” I blinked down at her, realising what I had said.

Shot.

Skye had been shot.

Because of me.

I stood up and leaned down to pick up Skye. I lifted her up in my arms and turned to Elliot, “Where shall I take her?”

“Take her home, we’ll send a doctor there and meet you there,” Elliotinstructed and handed me a bunch of keys, “Take my car.”

I nodded and ran out the fire exit and to the parking lot where I found Elliot’s Porsche waiting for us.

Quickly, I put Skye in the back seat, making sure that she was safely buckled up before I slid into the front seat and began driving.

I continued glancing at Skye threw the rear view mirror, praying silently that she was okay. I couldn’t bear the thought of anything happening to her.

Joe would have a thing or two to say about this, he wasn’t a big fan of Skye, and I had a feeling that he wouldn’t be too happy to hear that something had happened to her, that would destroy his plan.

But right now I couldn’t care less about Joe or his temper, because my main priority was Skye. 

****************************************************

Authors note: So, I probably won't be including Blake's POV again, maybe once or twice but in this chapter I didnt have much of a choice, on account of how Skye was shot and all....

Vote, comment and all the rest!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 19 12
Violet Dawn Lake's life is anything but easy and normal for someone at her age of 19. Dealing with her boyfriend Jason Callaway getting shot and dyi...
9.3K 409 36
DO NOT READ THIS ! Seventeen year old Riley Ross who was told to move back to her hometown after her parents get a new job. She's sad to leav...
1K 82 16
Jen is the college badass. She rides a motorcycle, has her own house, has killer fighting skills and don't let me forget she's the daughter of the bo...
342K 16.5K 58
She is broken. She has seen her family dying in front of her eyes. She has to run away and hide. Hide to save herself from the killers. She runs into...