Bullet From A Gun

By DaydreamAwayxx

[second book in the criminal series] Zayn hasn't changed a bit. He's still the same bad boy I fell in love w... More

Description & Trailer
00: Fast Car
01: Back From the Dead
02: Born Hell Bound
03: Like A Rollercoaster Ride
04: Forgive My Sin
05: Confident Coward
06: Right Next To You
07: Nowhere We Can Hide
08: Don't Be Mad
09: Drop All Your Worries
10: Been Here Before
11: For You
12: Irresistible
13: If You Go, I Go
14: Good Ones Go
15: So Now Run
16: Tear It Apart
17: Almost Got It Right
18: I Hate You, Don't Leave Me
19: An Unfortunate Consequence
20: Just You and Me
21: This is Love
22: Settle Down
24: Misery
25: Everybody's Watching Me
26: Going Through the Motions
27: Maybe I'm a Liar
28: In a Burning Room
29: Don't Look Back
30: I'm Yours
The Playlist
thank you & third book details

23: Demons

9.1K 369 27
By DaydreamAwayxx

23: Demons

His phone keeps ringing; ringing and ringing. Zayn keeps groaning and telling AJ he'll call whoever it is back some other time. But after half hour of nonstop ringing, AJ pushes Zayn off and grabs his phone for him, answering it as he tries to stop her. 

“It's Harry,” she tells him, handing him his phone. “He needs to talk to you and it sounds important.”

Zayn groans and takes the phone, still hovering over her. “What?” Zayn angrily says into his phone. “This better be important.”

AJ pushes him to sit next to her because she knows he's probably going to be on the phone for awhile. She pulls his t-shirt over her head, coving her half naked body and lays her head on his bare chest as he continues on the phone. 

“Where the hell did you go?” Harry asks. By the tone of his voice Zayn can tell he's very annoyed. 

“I told you, I was getting out if the city,” Zayn mutters, very frustrated. 

“I know that, dumbass. Where did you go?”

“I'm by the border,” he answers.

Fuck,” Harry curses. “He's found you.”

Zayn's eyes widen and he sits up immediately, AJ moving with him. “Who?” 

Sonny.”

Zayn’s heart stops for a minute. It’s impossible. There is no way in hell that Sonny or any of his men found him. They’ve been so good with not being seen. They’ve laid low and stayed out of sight for the past couple days. 

“Where the fuck did he see me?” Zayn asks. 

“I don't know.  It wasn't him, it was one of those kids he hires, like how you started, collecting money and shit.”

“But we didn't stop anywhere near London. We only stopped at a McDonald's about twenty minutes from here. He doesn't have people this far up,” Zayn says through the phone. 

“I don't know maybe he sent people everywhere when you guys took off,” he suggest. “That's the only logically thing. He really wants to find you two. I don’t know what the hell his problem is.”

“He’s a punk, that’s what it is. He can’t just come up to me himself and tell me what he wants, he has to send people after me,” Zayn groans in frustration.

AJ looks at him, very worried. “What’s going on?” she asks.

He ignores her as Harry answers him. “Have either of you been out by yourselves or gotten into any trouble?” he asks.

Zayn stops to think. “I don’t think we ha-”

He stops mid-sentence and looks at AJ. “Shit,” he mutters. “Fuck,” he says, crawling over her body to plant his feet on the floor. He starts pacing back and forth and she jumps up, really worried about what’s going on now.

“What? What is it?” Harry asks frantically. 

“When we drove up her, I beat the shit outta some kid who bothered AJ, fuck,” he says into the phone. “He had to be around the same age as I was when I started. Shit, shit, shit.”

“What the hell would you-”

“I was stressed and really pissed. I wasn’t fucking thinking. Shit,” he curses again. 

“Zayn, what’s going on?” she asks again. “What are you talking about?”

He turns to her and presses his phone to his chest. “Start packing and I’ll explain later,” he says sternly.

“But-”

 “AJ, just please,” he tells her before going back to his phone call. 

“What are you going to do?” Harry asks.

Zany groans as AJ starts packing their things. “I don’t fucking know. What am I suppose to do? I can’t leave the country because then I’ll violate my parole and they’ll throw my ass back in jail,” he says. “Did you tell Andy?” he asks.

“No, not yet. I figured I’d tell you so you could try to fix it first.”

 He takes a deep breath. “I don’t know what to do.”

 “You could tell the cops,” Harry suggests.

“And say what?” Zayn asks, with a slight attitude.

“I don’t know. You could rat him out.”

 “He’d have me killed.”

 “You could work as an undercover.”

 “They wouldn’t let me-”

 “You never know.”

 He sighs as AJ starts getting dressed, tossing his shirt in his bag and pulling out a new one for him. She places it on the bed and he smiles gratefully at her. “I don’t know, I can’t risk anything.”

 “They would give you protection,” Harry points out.

“I’ll think about it, alright?”

 “Fine. What are you going to do now?”

“I’ll drive into the city and meet up with you.”

 “You sure?”

 “Safety in numbers.”

 “Alright.”

 “I’ll see you by tonight. Meet me at Tomlinson’s place and make sure you tell Andy,” Zayn says sternly.

“I will. I’ll see you later. Call me if anything,” Harry says.

“I will, see ya,” he says before hanging up. He shoves his phone in his pocket with a groan. “We have to go,” he tells AJ, walking over to the bed to grab his shirt. He pulls it over his head and then fixing his belt as he watches her pull one of his hoodies over her head.

“Can you please tell me what’s going on,” she begs. “You’re starting to worry me and-”

 He walks over to her and kisses her forehead. “Listen to me, okay?” She nods and he looks down into her eyes. “No matter what happens, I’m not going to let anything hurt you, but I need you to listen to me when I tell you to do something. And that means even if I‘m going to get hurt.”

 “Zayn-”

 “Baby, please, just promise me?”

 “But, Zayn-” 

“Annie, please, I can’t let anything happen to you. You have to trust me. We can’t be fighting right now. I need you to listen to me when I tell you to do something because then we’ll both be okay, but if you argue, something could happen and-” He stops himself, not wanting to say the rest out loud. He sighs and looks down at her, cupping her cheeks in his rough hands. “Just please,” he begs desperately.

She takes a deep breath and nods in his hands. “I promise.”

 He leans down to kiss her lips. He pulls away and kisses her forehead. “Thank you,” he whispers against her face. She kisses him again before he pulls away from her to call the front desk. He tells the man on the phone, telling him they will be check out. Once everything is done, they check the room one last time and then Zayn leaves the room key on the nightstand. 

They gather their things and walk to his car. As they toss their things in the back, Zayn explains where they’re going and who they’re going to see. He must’ve repeated “everything is going to be okay” about a million times before they finally got in the car. 

AJ spends the first twenty minutes talking to her mother again, updating her on their new whereabouts. She didn’t ask as many questions as AJ thought she was going to, which she was thankful about. After her phone call, she turns to Zayn.

“Can you please tell me what’s going on, now?” she asks. “I won’t get mad, I just want to know.”

 He turns to her for a second and then looks back at the road. He takes a deep breath before he mutters three simple words “He’s found us.”

________________

dun dun dun.

so what do you guys think is going to happen now, huh?

zayn is looking flawless in that gif btw 

comment, vote and fan please :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 2.3K 41
"He started shaking and looked me dead in the eye. 'I love you and I'm sorry.' Tears streaked his face and he never once looked away from me..." Gret...
15.2K 343 23
Cynthia Lopez a 16 year old girl that lives in Los Angeles, California. Her parents are business workers and they got a promotion, so they have to mo...
2.6K 87 62
"I'm sorry-" "Stop" "What is it going to take?" "Everything" Deen and Zayn have been best friends for what seems like forever. The typical type that...
1.4K 115 16
She is an easy going girl, with a thoughtful heart and mind. With many limits, she makes the best out of things. She enjoys the little things yet, sc...