The Innocent (Alec Volturi) [...

By Nikole596

They say the soul is immortal, and that in death they're freed from their mortal cage. Reincarnation was a st... More

Extended Summary
Cast
The Burning
Tuscany
Fear
Guard
Carina
Invitation
Rules
Curiosity

Witch

2.2K 83 16
By Nikole596

The heat was unbearable as Carina tossed from side to side and sweat beaded on her forehead. She could feel the flames licking the base of her feet as she panted for clean air to fill her lungs. She couldn't see anything but darkness as she struggled with what she should do.

"Carina," a strong voice commanded.

"Nysa," a familiar voice whispered as though it was coming from right behind her.

"Carina!"

"Nysa"

"Carina!" Hands grasped her shoulders and she felt her heart-rate sky-rocket.

"Nysa," the voice was muffled and drifted away from her.

"Carina wake up!" Abby all but shouted at her.

"Sorry," Carina muttered as she wiped the sleep from her eyes puling herself into a seated position.

"Ever since I've known you you've been having these dreams, I think it's about time we find out who Nysa is." Abby stated with determination her thoughts moving at impressive speeds. "And I know just the person to go to."

Carina's eyes widened considerably as she was pulled from the bed and dragged out of the room she shared with her friend. She patted down her hair and managed to grab some shoes and a jacket as she was forced in the direction of the living area.

"Where are you taking me?" Carina asked her friend rambled in Italian to her grandmother.

"Out." The taller girl replied simply latching on to the brunette's wrist.

They made their way through the streets shaking off the crisp dawn chill as they walked in the shadows of the castle.

Carina was led to a little house at the end of a street. She had no idea where she was, the only landmark she recognised was the clock tower and now that too was out of sight. The tall stone buildings towered over her making her feel slightly claustrophobic and a little uneasy. She could feel eyes on each of her movements, as though something was stalking her but as she glanced around she couldn't spot the perpetrator. The sinking feeling in her gut kept her alert and on edge.

Abby tugged her friend to an old wooden door that looked like it would crumble at the slightest amount of pressure. Instead of knocking she gently shifted the door and pulled Carina in after her.

The smell of earthy incense assaulted their senses as they're plunged into a darkness, the smallest illumination barely seen down a dark hallway where a single flickering candle blew slightly due to the draft they'd carried in with them.

"What is this creepy place?" Carina whispered following Abby's steps with caution, trying to step on whatever was on the floor.

"This is my great Aunt's house."

"Oh, it's um lovely." Carina replied shrugging awkwardly.

"It's okay, I think it's creepy too." Abby shrugged. "just because she's psychic doesn't mean she has to live like this."

"Wait, you brought me to a psychic?" Carina asked skeptically.

"Well it's better than whatever plan you would've come up with." The blonde huffed crossing her arms.

"I would've been at least a little more logical."

"Seriously, you start asking questions about your dreams of a girl called Nysa being killed and they'll throw you in the nut-house. Especially with your family history." Abby pointed out and Carina sighed conceding defeat.

"Fine let's go see the psychic."

"I thought you'd be excited to meet a real-life witch." Abby grinned and Carina huffed.

"Who's a witch?" Came a silky voice. It was undeniably female and sounded young and amused, yet filled with wisdom.

"You are," Abby replied leaving Carina's side to take a seat by the candle.

"What are you talking about child, there is no such thing?" The woman stated but her voice cracked a little giving away her amusement.

Carina jumped her heart rate skyrocketing as flames burst alight in the fire place lighting half the room. She clutched a hand to her chest taking deep breaths as she inspected the woman.

She was tall and her figure was hidden by the loose fabric of a floral printed dress. As she moved her dress flowed behind her gently making her actions seem inhuman. Her hair was tucked into a scarf concealing the colour but Carina imagined it would be a deep brown. Her eyes were obsidian and were the most terrifyingly striking thing about her. It wasn't for her eyes, Carina could've mistaken the woman for Abby's mother.

"I've been waiting for you both, come take a seat by the fire and warm yourself." Carina could feel the witch's eyes on her form waiting patiently as she shook her head in slight fear. She was content as far away as possible.

"The flames do not bite child," the witch reached her hand into them holding the energy as it licked her skin. She moved closer to Carina who stumbled back in fear. "You cannot fight the flames, for they will always follow you. We must all face our fears one day."

"Just not today. I don't like fire, and I don't think I ever will." She stated firmly not willing to change her opinion on the matter. Ever. The flames had haunted her for as long as she could remember.

"Hmm," the witch mused waving her hand so the flames vanished. "Have a seat then." She indicated to the chair furthest from the fire which Carina took with a small and hesitant smile. "I'm Lucinda." Her accent was thick, "please call me Lucy."

"Um hi, I'm-"

"Nysa." The witch cut her off and Carina's eyes widened in surprise.

"No my name is Carina, I'm here to ask about Nysa though, did Abby tell you?"

"Of course, forgive my mistake." Lucy replied with a knowing glint. "It happens when you're as old as me."

"But you're not..." Carina trailed off.

"Did young Abigail not tell you my dear. I'm her great aunt." The woman looked barely out of her thirties and yet she was nearly eighty years old.

"But how?"

"Well that's the real secret now." She smiled brightly but there was an edge to the smile, "but magic always comes at a price."

"And your price?" Carina asked curiously.

"You're not ready to know that my dear." Said simply her tone firm. "Now onto your issue. You want to know about Nysa."

"Please, it's driving me insane."

"If it hasn't already." Abby muttered.

"What do you want to know?"

"Who was she?"

"You."

"That's impossible."

"Quite."

"What do you mean?"

"Nysa is a complicated person. From what I know of her history she was nothing more than a young girl from centuries ago."

"How long ago?"

"Around 800AD."

*****

"Ugh," the attractive brunette flipped her hair over her shoulder as she paced the shadows of the clock tower, "Argh" she continued to grumble.

"What seems to be the problem Heidi?" Demetri said with his own sigh finally giving in to the female's incessant need for attention.

"She got away," The vampire sneered.

"Who got away?" Demetri asked though he had very little interest in what she was say his eyes following the lines of text on the pages of a small novel.

"The human, and she smelled so sweet." Heidi groaned.

"Let it go, you'll get your fill later." He shrugged indifferently.

"But I was so close until her friend took her away. No one can resist me Demetri." She purred seductively curling the gold chain that held his crest, around her delicate, yet deadly finger.

Demetri smirked not looking up from his book only slightly raising a brow in response. "You're still quite young, dear Heidi," he mused closing the book in his hands, as he towered over her slightly. He remembered fighting her coven three centuries ago and, how one of the females had gotten away. He was still a little ticked off Aro never let him go after the red-head. Demetri lent in close his cool breath on skin of Heidi's neck. "Only four and a half centuries to your name. I've wandered this earth for a millennium, I can easily resist the charms of a succubus. You have no chance at winning this game."

"You're just like every other male Demetri. You'll come to me, you have before."

"Are you sure it wasn't you coming to me?" He asks with a knowing smirk as he waltzed away from her.

"Wait, where are you going?!" Heidi shouted her heels clacking behind him.

"To visit Lucinda of course." He grins widely knowing her face would've morphed into the same jealous expression she wore whenever she spotted him with a female, and even certain males. Sure Heidi had her uses, but he would never feel anything for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.2K 25
❝𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙.❞ 𝙃𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙘�...
494K 11.4K 65
Secret Cullen is nothing but the abandoned daughter of Isabella Swan. People made so many promises to her, not a single one was able to keep it. But...
16K 548 27
When you love someone with all your heart, you're willing to give up anything for them. To give them anything and everything to please them and make...
18.3K 836 42
[Reincarnation Centre] [A place every person who naturally reincarnates must go through, regardless of their world or situation, and as long as they...