Witch

The heat was unbearable as Carina tossed from side to side and sweat beaded on her forehead. She could feel the flames licking the base of her feet as she panted for clean air to fill her lungs. She couldn't see anything but darkness as she struggled with what she should do.

"Carina," a strong voice commanded.

"Nysa," a familiar voice whispered as though it was coming from right behind her.

"Carina!"

"Nysa"

"Carina!" Hands grasped her shoulders and she felt her heart-rate sky-rocket.

"Nysa," the voice was muffled and drifted away from her.

"Carina wake up!" Abby all but shouted at her.

"Sorry," Carina muttered as she wiped the sleep from her eyes puling herself into a seated position.

"Ever since I've known you you've been having these dreams, I think it's about time we find out who Nysa is." Abby stated with determination her thoughts moving at impressive speeds. "And I know just the person to go to."

Carina's eyes widened considerably as she was pulled from the bed and dragged out of the room she shared with her friend. She patted down her hair and managed to grab some shoes and a jacket as she was forced in the direction of the living area.

"Where are you taking me?" Carina asked her friend rambled in Italian to her grandmother.

"Out." The taller girl replied simply latching on to the brunette's wrist.

They made their way through the streets shaking off the crisp dawn chill as they walked in the shadows of the castle.

Carina was led to a little house at the end of a street. She had no idea where she was, the only landmark she recognised was the clock tower and now that too was out of sight. The tall stone buildings towered over her making her feel slightly claustrophobic and a little uneasy. She could feel eyes on each of her movements, as though something was stalking her but as she glanced around she couldn't spot the perpetrator. The sinking feeling in her gut kept her alert and on edge.

Abby tugged her friend to an old wooden door that looked like it would crumble at the slightest amount of pressure. Instead of knocking she gently shifted the door and pulled Carina in after her.

The smell of earthy incense assaulted their senses as they're plunged into a darkness, the smallest illumination barely seen down a dark hallway where a single flickering candle blew slightly due to the draft they'd carried in with them.

"What is this creepy place?" Carina whispered following Abby's steps with caution, trying to step on whatever was on the floor.

"This is my great Aunt's house."

"Oh, it's um lovely." Carina replied shrugging awkwardly.

"It's okay, I think it's creepy too." Abby shrugged. "just because she's psychic doesn't mean she has to live like this."

"Wait, you brought me to a psychic?" Carina asked skeptically.

"Well it's better than whatever plan you would've come up with." The blonde huffed crossing her arms.

"I would've been at least a little more logical."

"Seriously, you start asking questions about your dreams of a girl called Nysa being killed and they'll throw you in the nut-house. Especially with your family history." Abby pointed out and Carina sighed conceding defeat.