Foxes & Dragons | Akatsuki no...

By RinnieSan

"Hiryuu! Don't leave me here!" Called the Fox Goddess. The Dragon God turned his head and smiled at his dear... More

Intro
Episode 00 | edited
Episode 01 | edited
Episode 03 | edited
Episode 04 | edited
Episode 05 | edited
Episode 06 | in editing
Episode 07 | in editing
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10; Special Pt. 1
Episode 11 | edited
Episode 12
< Notice >
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
❌
❌
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 18.5
Episode 19
Episode 20; Special pt. 2
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 22.5
Episode 23
Episode 24
< wattys2019 >
Episode 24.5
Episode 25
Episode 26

Episode 02 | edited

9.6K 389 52
By RinnieSan

Episode 02
"Death of a King"
Notice: edited 04.30.19

>>>

Saya's mind was elsewhere when the anonymous girl went to ride with her current 'master'.

She could still remember the days that she, Dao-Yi, Hiryuu, and the Dragon Warriors would shoot arrows and hunt game for fun. A pleasant memory from long ago.

A troubled sigh escaped from the goddess's mouth as she rode her temporary steed. Her head was a flurry of memories and random thoughts; a mess, really. So much so that she clumsily stumbled when her horse switched gaits into a quick trot.

Before she knew it, Saya was falling off her saddle and towards the dirt floor. She braced herself for the impact, flinching as her shoulder made contact with the floor. It wasn't too painful; she could manage.

(If you were expecting her to be caught by some dashing love interest... YOU'RE DEAD WRONG! I HATE THAT CLICHE THE MOST MWUAHAHA)

"Saya!" Su-won bursted out with worry. "A-are you alright?"

Hak made his way over, steering his horse in her direction before stopping in front of her. "Here," he said, offering his hand to her.

Graciously, Saya clasped her fingers around the general's outstretched hand, pulling herself up with his support. Once off the ground, she dusted the dirt off her clothes and legs, smoothing the fabrics of her skirt as a finishing touch.

"Thank you-" Saya's cheeks colored as she turned her face to meet Hak. His own face was unbelievably close to the goddess, to the point where their noses almost touched.

"Oh... uh, sorry?" Hak replied, pulling his face away. His pretty ocean-blue eyes fixed themselves on an archery target nearby, unable to face the girl due to embarrassment. He hadn't meant to lean in so close, afterall.

Saya shook her head 'no', however. "It's fine, really. I was just caught of guard," she explained as she offered the 19 year-old a gentle smile.

Hak just nodded his head, grabbing the reins of Saya's horse and leading it back to her. Once in her possession, the goddess mounted the steed once more before kicking it to startup.

She rode with the group for a few more hours before they all tired out and decided to have lunch. Saya decided to have her lunch to go, however, thinking it would be more productive to get work done as she ate instead of intruding on their childhood-friend reunions

>>>

A Week Later

Saya and Kye-sook stood side-by-side in a large, open room dedicated to Princess Yona's 16th birthday party. It was a lively party with food, dancing, and plenty of chatter. Visitors from all around the kingdom travelled to attend the event, overflowing the castle with their numbers.

The two subordinates watched as servants laid out several trays of food on a buffet table, talking with other servants (no doubt gossiping about the latest news) while nobles sat around or danced. In general, everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Even Su-won, who normally remained neutral during parties, seemed to be enjoying himself as he partied with his childhood friends Hak and Yona.

Saya knew this peace wouldn't last though. In her head, she was already going over the plan that would be taking action that night.

Su-won would kill the king, exacting his revenge while Kye-sook remained in the room to keep the situation under control. They'd then frame the murder on someone else, shifting the blame from Su-won to another before crowning Su-won the new King of Kouka.

All she had to worry about was Kouka's Thunder Beast, Son Hak of the Wind Tribe. It was a shame, really, since the goddess was just beginning to become fond of the aloof general. "Plus he's hot. Don't find cuties like that everywhere," she thought, sighing with disappointment.

"Jobs like this would be easier in demi-beast form (half human half fox-goddess). Being stripped of power and stuck in this weaker body is so tiring." Saya groaned, thinking of her handicap.

She didn't dwell on the thought for too long, instead deciding to make her way over to the buffet table, piling her plate high with all sorts of dishes.

"What are you doing?" Kye-sook demanded irritatedly.

The Fox Goddess gulped down the meat she had taken a bite of before saying, "Why not take advantage of it while we're here? It's so delicious. Plus, it's better than fighting on an empty stomach."

Kye-Sook just groaned before allowing her to resume her eating once more, deciding it wasn't worth the effort to reprimand her. "Dumbass," he chided.

"A beautiful dumbass at least," she chuckled, flicking a grain of rice at the man. He grumbled at her.

"So grouchy, haha."

>>>

It was close to midnight now and the castle courtyard was still and quiet without a living soul in sight. Everyone was peacefully sleeping in their rooms, unaware of the events taking place at the momemt.

"Are you ready Sae-rin-sama?" one of the soldiers under Su-won's command asked. Many of the castle guards had been swapped with their own men.

"Of course. I have no choice, right? Same goes for you."

The soldier gulped before nodding. He seemed young, probably one of the more new recruits.

She smiled. "You'll be fine. If anything happens, I'll be here."

The man looked at her like she was a savior. His morale had definitely been boosted which satisfied the goddess.

Then a girl suddenly ran out of the room that Su-won was using.

Saya could barely make out the faintly audible sound of Kye-Sook shouting, "Catch her!" As multiple guards rushed at the woman, surrounding her and caging her in.

"Su-won!" The girl pleaded, her high-pitched tone oddly familiar. "I'm sorry Princess Yona, but this is for the good of Kouka," a guard said, holding his sword to the princess's throat so close she began to bleed from a small puncture.

Now she remembered.

It was the girl that went horseback riding with Su-won, the princess of Hiryuu Castle, Princess Yona.

The Fox Goddess narrowed her eyes at the girl, her pupils like slits as her vision adjusted to the darkness of the night. The princess was struggling with the soldiers, her eyes overflowing with tears, and her cheeks flushed red from the pressure.

Saya took a step to approach the girl but a swift, dark figure leapt out first, swinging a huge spear and striking down the soldiers surrounding her.

It was in fact, Son Hak, Kouka's Lightning Beast. If it weren't for the fact that he was fighting on the enemies side, Saya would have called him the perfect man.

Making his way towards the two, Kye-Sook muttered his distaste while Su-Won's lips pursed tightly together. Obviously, this wasn't how he planned for the night to go but from the looks of blood splattered on his kimono, it seemed at least one step went right.

"I apologize for leaving your side tonight, Yona-hime." Hak told the princess who was shaking with so many emotions that Saya almost pitied her. He laid his hand on the top of her head, petting the girl's hair to comfort her while he held out his spear, ready for battle.

"Su-won, care to explain all of this? And where is King Il?" Hak asked coldly.

Su-won's expression was scarily neutral as he sajd, "I sent him to Hell just recently."

This seemed to tip the Lightning Beast off the already very fragile cliff that he was barely hanging onto as he slammed his large spear's butt into the stone ground, cracking a small circle in it.

"What are you talking about? Are you drunk? Even for a joke that's going too far." Hak seethed, clenching his teeth together to keep his sanity in check.

"It wasn't a joke, Hak. You can ask Yona herself since she saw it happen.

The Lightning Beast snapped at his statement, lunging for his thought-to-be friend, but instead of his spearhead cutting through soft skin and flesh it was blocked by a lightning quick blade.

Saya blocked Hak's next attack as well, parrying and dodging, striking and slashing against him. He was strong and unbelievably skilled but the goddess was able to hold her own against the general as more soldiers took the opportunity to sneak around the two to get to the princess. Once they were in front of her, they pointed their blades at her neck once more while others held down her arms.

"Stop this!" Kye-sook shouted, catching the attention of both the goddess and the lightning beast. The 25-year-old then gestured to the princess held at sword-point which caused Hak to drop his weapon.

"Yona-hime!" he shouted in desperation.

"Finish him off." Kye-Sook commanded, referring to Saya.

The girl clutched her blade with her hands, preparing to swing when suddenly her heart began to accelerate at an abnormal rate.

The silver-haired immortal dropped to her knees as her blood began to rush backwards in familiarization while tears pricked her eyes. "This feelings it's the same as before," she thought, clutching her chest while hyperventilating.

"Sae-Rin!" Kye-sook choked before rushing to her side.

"Hiryuu... Hiryuu.." she muttered, eyes wide with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Hiryuu-san..." Saya called out one more time, catching only a glimpse of curly red hair before passing out.

>>>

Yona's Perspective

"Sae-Rin?!" Su-won called out, dropping his guard long enough for Hak to pick up his spear again and fight off his attackers.

He then reached for the red-haired princess, grabbing her sleeve before trying her haul her away from the mess. Yona stopped him, however.

"Hak, take her with us!" she commanded, pointing to the unconscious girl on the floor.

"But Yona-hime-" Hak said before a piercing violet gaze ended his refusal. Groaning, the 19-year-old general wrapped his free arm around the silverette's waist, carrying her as he sped off towards the gate.

"Come on, hurry! We really gotta haul ass right now," he shouted.

>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 10.2K 200
Shin-ah x OC "I told you once, a long time ago, that you would have to choose which lives to save." Steel eyes flashed in the moonlight. "You choose...
63.4K 1.8K 30
Akatsuki no Yona X Reader insert Fanfic (Warning : Deals with quite a bit of cursing/swearing/bad words) They stumble into her on their way to the Wh...
36.5K 1.4K 65
A girl found herself in a strange forest, having no idea where she was, or how did she get there, remembering nothing but her name and that strange d...