Another Set of Guardians

Oleh Yunikon-chan

Jack thought it was going to be a great year. Pitch is no where to be found and the kids believe in him. But... Lebih Banyak

There's Another World?!
Did a Dragon Just Flew by Us?
A Princess?
You're Just Like Me!
Listening to Gossip
Do You Wanna Make a Dragon?
Can I Join Your Girl Talk
Glad to Have Met All of You

That's Right! I'm a Messenger!

873 33 3
Oleh Yunikon-chan

Jack was starting to think that it was a good time to go back. Back to his world where he can have fun with the kids, back to the world where he was unseen, back to where there were no dragons chasing him. Like, right now. He tried to block them with ice only to realize it made them angrier. These reptiles were also smart. Sooner or later, he was sure he'll be toast. Literally.

Option one: Tire them out. They're animals. Animals have energy. They've been chasing him for a long time so they'll be tired soon, right? Jack groaned. That was a stupid idea. He might still be a spirit but even he has his limits. It wouldn't be long before he gets turned into an ice cold snack.

Option two: Run and hide like a little scared bunny. He cursed. He was above the ocean! He was tempted to dive in, thinking that maybe these dragons aren't waterproof but he saw something emerged from it, striking one of the dragons down, and that's a good enough reason to label this as a bad idea. Plus he might get flashbacks of his past life and that's not what he needed right now.

He went blindly went straight, not caring where he was going and instead focused on being able to survive.

Okay, Jack. You can do this. Think of an option three, three.. three... wait is that a tre-

Jack didn't notice that he was heading towards a tree populated island. He leaned on the tree he just hit, as he rubbed his painful forehead. He heard the dragons land behind him and stood up quickly to face them. He held out this staff in what he hoped was a threatening stance. "Stay back." He started to move his staff back and forth as his thoughts raced. He can freeze them maybe, it didn't do much but it could just serve as a distraction for him to escape. Just as he was about to aim the first shot he heard another noise.

"What is it this time, Toothless?" He heard someone speak. The footsteps were getting nearer. He heard the rustle of leaves, "What...?" He turned behind him to see a boy, around his age with brown hair. He may seem lanky but he could see that he had muscles in the right places. Beside him, a black dragon peeked from his shoulder, starting at him curiously.

"Don't worry, I can handle this." Jack said as he returned in defense position. "Worry about yourself, you have a dragon behind you."

The boy moved forward as if to stop him, "Are you sure you could handle this?" He gestured to the dragons that surrounded them. "And don't worry about Toothless, he's fine."

Jack stared at him, "Of course I'd like some help but what can you do?" The brunette gestured him to the side as he moved in front of him. "Are you crazy?" The boy ignored him. He huffed as he lowered his staff, "Fine. Have it your way! But don't go calling for my help."

The boy shrugged. "We're fine. Toothless go calm him down."

The black dragon approached him a some-what grin on it's face. It nudged his hand as if he wanted to be pet and Jack obliged. Why can't the rest of them be this cute?

He then watched as the boy looked at the dragons as he crossed his arms. "Come on, guys. You had your fun. Go back to your homes." Jack stared at him in this belief. This was his plan?! He held his staff tighter, originally doing what he planned but to his amazement, the dragons all let out a groan, as if they were being scolded.

He watched as one by one flew away. The last one, licking the boy's face, before flying away.

Could he be the one he was searching for?

Jack sat down, finally able to rest. "So, who are you?" The boy asked as he stared at him. "You look like you don't belong here."

"Yup. I'm Jack Frost. You?" Jack asked him as he stood up and dusted himself.

"I'm Hiccup and as you've heard earlier, this Toothless." Hiccup motioned to the black dragon beside him.

Jack let out a small laugh, "Hey, stop joking with me. I'm not going to harm you! So tell me your real name." He smiled at Hiccup who frowned at him.

"That is my real name." Jack bit back a laugh. "I know. It's funny. But here in Berk, horrible names are believed to ward of evil."

Jack stopped laughing as his ears heard the name. "Berk? I'm in Berk?" He was so happy that he started to fly a little bit. "This is great, now I only have to find that person and..." He turned to see Toothless and Hiccup staring at him with wide eyes.

 He then noticed he was flying. "Oh. This." He looked at them with a serious expression. "I can explain."

~

Jack waited for Hiccup's reaction as he told him the whole story.

"So, let me get this straight, there's another world out there. In that world, you're a spirit and you have ice powers?" Hiccup gave him a worried glance. "Are you sure you're not crazy?"

"Yeah I'm not from this world and I'm a Guardian, not just a spirit."Jack rolled his eyes as he gestured to the black dragon beside him. "Come on, you have dragons! We don't even have those." He then caught a falling leaf and froze it. "And see? My powers are real." Hiccup took it with awe. "Pretty cool, right?"

Hiccup managed to find his voice, "A Guardian... what does that even mean? You're guarding what? And why do you need to be in Berk?" Hiccup was starting to be suspicious and Jack noticed Toothless being aggressive.

"I guard our world's children. Their hope. Their joy. Their dreams." He sighed, "Look, I'm stopping Fear rule this world. Has Berk felt it? I don't know, people who have been edgy or acting like they're lifeless?" Jack took a step forward. "I was led here to Berk to find someone who can help me with my quest. You can ask me any question, but believe me. I'm not the bad guy."

Hiccup turned to look at Toothless who finally relaxed a little bit. "Toothless seems to like you so I'll hold your word for it." He turned to look behind him. "And we are having some trouble in the village. At first it was just the affecting the children... But then my elders seemed to be depressed lately. Some of them are also acting violent... do you know the cure?"

Jack shook his head sadly. "I'm sorry. I'm as clueless as you are. Our only hope is find the people who'll help me then find Pitch, the one who's causing it, and hopefully contain him."

Hiccup and Toothless shared a glance and Toothless nodded. "We'll help you find this person, come on. On the way there, you could explain more about what you are." Jack grinned and followed them into the forest.

~

"Welcome to Berk." Jack looked in wonder at sight that greeted him. Berk was a busy village and he was amazed at how they worked side by side with dragons. "Yup I know what you're thinking, most people have cats or dogs for pets. But here, we have dragons."

He turned to look at Hiccup. "Seriously? If they can live with humans why did they chase me earlier?"

Hiccup shrugged. "They probably wanted to smell you. You are from another world." Hiccup started to walk with Toothless by his side. "Try not to use your powers around here. Vikings tend to attack things first and ask questions later."

They almost bit my leg off and all they wanted was to smell me? Oh, come on. Jack groaned and followed him.

"And where did you run off to?" A pretty blonde girl asked as she jogged next to Hiccup. "You do know we were supposed to train. Right?" Her eyes found Jack. "And who's this?"

"Chill, blondie. I'm not here to steal your boyfriend away." Both of them blushed as the girl glared at him. "Oh, so you are a couple! Nice one, Hiccup!" He patted him in the back as if they knew each other for a long time.

The girl grabbed her ax and pointed it as Jack who took a step back. "You better finish your business here quick before I kill you. And my name is Astrid, not blondie." She put the ax away as she turned to Hiccup, "I'll talk to you later." She gave Jack another glare before she left. Jack whistled, "Some girl you got there."

Hiccup nodded. "Yeah..." He then motioned for Jack, "You heard what she said. Let's go see my dad, he knows everyone here. If you can describe what they look like, we'll surely find them within the day."

They both made their way to the middle of the village, with Toothless following them. They were greeted by a huge crowd and in the center, it seemed like their leader was calming them down. "Everyone be quiet! Our healers will find a solution to solve this!" A big muscular man said.

"That's Stoick, the chief of the tribe and my-" Hiccup was cut of when someone bumped into him who's hair was on fire. Jack immediately reacted, hitting him with a snowball he made. The fire was put out but due to the force of the snowball he was also knocked out. Jack breathe a sighed of relief then noticed everyone grew quiet. Not again...

He gave them a small smile. "Hi... I.." Before he got a word out he was shocked to see everyone bowing down to him. Hiccup and the blonde girl from earlier, Astrid, remained standing. Hiccup was rubbing his temples while Astrid clutched her axe tightly, ready to strike him. The muscular man started to speak, "We welcome you, messenger of Ullr!"

Ull.. what? Oh wait.. they think I'm a god.. or a god's messenger? Well, this could work.

"Yeah. That's right! I'm a messenger." He then looked at Hiccup who encouraged him to continue. "And I need your help."

The muscular man rose. "I am Stoick, chief of this village. We would glady help you. I'm sure you were brought down here to aid us with this crisis."

"Okay.. Stoick, I was sent here to find the heir. He or she will accompany me on a quest to destroy what's causing this... sickness of your people!" Hiccup who was next to him, tensed up.

"You mean Hiccup?" Stoick pointed at the brunette next to him. "Well, I am pleased and honored. I present to you the heir, my son, Hiccup, master of dragons!"

Hiccup turn to glare at his father. "Master of what now? Don't go inventing titles, dad."

Jack turned to glare at Hiccup. "You were the one I was searching for? Why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

"You didn't exactly told me you were looking for the heir."

Jack let out a sigh in annoyance. "Fine. Well then, get ready Hiccup. You're a Guardian now."

~

"Are you done?" Jack asked as leaned on a tree. "It's already sunset. We need to go to Dunbroch."

Hiccup ignored him.

"You already said goodbye, we attended your farewell dinner... what else do you need to do?" He asked him, floating above him. "I'll keep asking even if you ignore me so I hope your ears are ready."

Hiccup sighed. "Fine!" He showed him what he was packing. "I'm packing the necessary tools. I'm also packing food because, remember, I'm still an ordinary human being who has basic needs." He then gestured to the piles of paper on top of his desk. "I'm drawing us a map to get us quicker to Dunbroch and Arendelle."

"Wow, aren't you amazing."

"Why do you sound sarcastic?"

Before Jack could reply, Astrid showed up, all geared up as well. "I'm coming with you."

"I'm sorry blondie, but I only need him." He pointed to Hiccup.

"I am not talking to you." She hissed and turned to her boyfriend. "I'm going."

He sighed. "He's right, Astrid. You need to stay here." Astrid was about to protest but he cut her off. "You're going to be in charge of everything when I'm gone. You can't expect Snoutlout to lead them, can you?"

Astrid sighed, knowing he was right. She dropped her bags. "Fine..." And before Jack and Hiccup could react, Astrid punched him in face. Hiccup groaned in pain. "This is for leaving me here. And this..." She then held his face as she leaned forward to kiss him. "Is a farewell. For now." She then turned to Jack who took a step back.

"Okay, look, if this is some weird goodbye here in Berk, I don't want it."

Astrid groaned in annoyance. "You. Are. A. Jerk." She grabbed her things, "You better bring him back alive or I will hunt you." Jack just nodded. "Good luck." She said in a whisper and ran back into the village.

Jack let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. He turned to Hiccup, "You should learn to control your girlfriend's temper. She almost killed me."

"Yup, that's Astrid. Now are you going to be flying or do you need a dragon?"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8.3K 235 27
Elsa Arendelle and her sister Anna attend Capitol High Boarding School after their parents died in a car crash. Anna loves it there, but Elsa hates i...
4.3K 166 30
Give Jack credit if you want, but the ice is me. Ice and frost are not the same, no matter what you may think. Together, when Jack Frost and I use ou...
465K 12.8K 38
Jack Frost meets a very different girl. The only girl who wouldn't fall for him. Will he achieve his goal of being her boyfriend?
5.8K 132 28
After being sealed away, Pitch is determined to get revenge on Jack and the guardians. Remembering the day he had combined darkness with frost, Pitch...