Becky's Doll

By WitcheryWay

Something is lurking in the house. Allison could almost feel the vicious cold stares of someone on her skin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
e p i l o g u e
Ezra
Hailey
Kyle
Elizabeth
Clark's Antique Shop

Chapter 23

2K 209 18
By WitcheryWay

THE DAY AT SCHOOL WAS DULL and I have to admit it was lonely without Ezra's constant chatting and his comforting presence. When I would notice him approach me, I would rotate my heels in one eighty degree angle and walk off. At lunch time, I sat at the farthest corner in the cafeteria with Cassidy, a friendly red head from my English class. The huge seven foot football player, who sat in front of me, covered me up from Ezra quite remarkably. At History class, against my wishes, I had to sit next to him. My eyes were either fixed on the disinteresting neat writing on the board or on the fluorescent green glasses the boy on my right was wearing. But I could still feel his intense gaze burning my skin each time.

With my eyes, constantly looking out for Ezra, I was going to the editing club room to prepare the yearbook when I noticed a flash of yellow behind an open door of a locker. Holly Summers,dressed in her skimpy sunflower yellow cheerleader outfit was frantically rummaging in her locker for something. A crown of golden hair was nestled deep within the darkness of her locker. In her state of absolute desperation, she was throwing her stuff on the floor. Variegated lollipop wrappers and tubes of lip gloss littered the floor around her sneakered feet.

"Holly?" I called as I approached the blonde. She suddenly looked at me, a deep frown on her face.

"What do you want?" She snarled.

"I want to talk to you," I asked. I caught a glimpse of her locker. Pictures of a brown haired boy presumably her boyfriend decorated it's metallic walls. Her locker smelled sickeningly of fruit flavoured bubblegums.

"Isn't that what you are doing right now?" She questioned. Frustration and anger reigned over her features.

"As in proper serious talking," I clarified. Furious lines marked her pink tinged forehead.

"Where is it?" She screamed as she stomped her foot on the littered floor, sending the wrappers for a mini flight.

"Allison, can't you see I am busy?" She sneered. I took a tiny step back, slightly intimidated by her anger.

"But-" I stammered. She closed her eyes trying to gain back control over herself. However she lost it more.

"Get lost!" She ordered as she diverted her head back to her utterly messy locker. I lowered my gaze not knowing how to interrogate this hot headed vixen. Something glistened next to my feet. I stooped down to pick it up. A dainty silver chain brilliantly caught the light and gleamed. A lone roughly oval cut agate hung from the middle of the chain.

"I guess this is what you are looking for," I said as I dangled the flimsy chain in front of her perturbed face. Relief washed over her features. Grasping the chain, she pulled it from my hold.

"Thanks," She mumbled half heartedly. She inspected the chain for any non existent damages.

"Now can I-" I asked. She slipped the chain around her neck and fumbled with it's clasp.

"Sure, go ahead," She sighed. I smiled weakly at her which she didn't bother to return. Her inimical behaviour was well known to the student body.

"Um, you might not believe what I am going to say," I warned. She eyed my gloved hands rather tastelessly. The blackness had once again engulfed my hands forcing me to wear gloves. All day long I was tortured by the daunting stares people offered me. I was starting to think of it as an inextricable trap. I am even considering of having a consultation with a dermatologist.

"I don't have much time. Practice starts in two," She said in a clipped tone. I withdrew my hands from her view,placing them securely in the pockets of my jeans.

"Has something weird or strange been happening with you these last few days?" I questioned. She scowled at me.

"What do you mean?" She enquired as she unwrapped a lollipop and dropped the wrapper down. I watched it flutter noiselessly to the floor to join the other wrappers.

"Do you feel like someone is stalking you or trying to constantly hurt you?" I asked her. She looked at me puzzled, sucking on the red lollipop. Red as blood. No, please not again.

"No. Except for that nerd who is stalking me for refusing him, I don't think anyone else is," She smirked." Why do you ask?" Salty, tasty and maybe slightly fruit tinged blood.

"This is serious, Holly. Your life is in danger," I said bluntly. I knew I had an habit of being too straight and to the point. She snorted. I want to sink my teeth low into her skin and draw out her blood.

"And why do you think my life is in danger?" She asked looking slightly interested. Slowly, I want to tear her flesh and chew on it. The pale smooth skin looks buttery.

"Trust me. Someone wants to kill you," I told her. Even I want to. I want her blood. No, I don't.

"I don't believe you. You are joking. You are not even being clear," She said, fear had gripped her face.

"And who would this someone be?" She asked. I opened my mouth to answer when I was interrupted.

"Holly! The practice has already begun. Are you not coming?" A girl in a similar dress screamed.

"Yes. I am coming," Holly shouted just as loud.

"Allison, I have no time to joke around with you. And I definitely don't believe you. There is nothing wrong in my life," She declared as she turned to leave. I gripped her by her shoulders. She looked noticeably shocked.

"I am not joking. Someone wants to hurt you or maybe even kill you. Be careful! And you are warned," I told her dangerously low. Her jaw hung open. Releasing her shoulders, I walked off leaving her completely dumbfounded.

I took off my gloves and as I had predicted my hands were back to their normal colour. I had almost reached the club room when I hit my head on something sturdy. Instantly, I looked up.

"What do you want?" I asked angrily.

"Why are you avoiding me? Why are you not picking up my calls?" Ezra asked. I pushed past him to leave. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me to him.

"Let me go!" I snapped at him.

"Tell me why you are avoiding me and I will," He said. His golden eyes were acquiring a dark muddy brown hue.

"You lied to me," I answered. His expression remained stoic.

"You lied to me," I repeated. "You lied to me about your parents." I watched realisation strike his eyes. He didn't object to it but just remained unwaveringly silent not denying that he had lied.

"I hope you know how much I hate liars." I scowled. I pulled out of his grasp and walked off.

"Wait Allison! I can explain." He called after me.

"You are the one who jumped into conclusion, remember? But I know I didn't disagree-" I heard him say but I didn't bother to turn back.

****************

The infuriating white circle that was unfortunately a loading symbol kept on rotating on the screen for a very long time. Officer Owen who was sitting beside me looked more pissed off than I was. He was swearing at the laptop. I sent him an amused stare.

"Officer, you are the only one who finds the loading symbol very interesting," I mocked him.

"Allison, I swear I found an interesting video from your surveillance camera kept in your living room," He muttered irritated. Scarlett stood awkwardly behind my chair prying suspiciously on the screen. The loading circle turned completely white and the video loaded into the screen.

It showed a very furious Jack who was shouting at someone. His words were hard to make out due to his drunk slurring and the disturbed unclear noises on the background. Owen who I had found to be extremely impatient among other things forwarded the video until a scared Esther had popped out on the screen. Seeing a dead person was certainly shocking. I had forgotten her meek voice and on hearing it again made me feel quite sad.

"You are not going to tell them," Jack shouted as he took a long drag of his cigarette.

"No, I won't," Esther agreed, shaking quite hard. But Jack didn't look convinced, his dark eyes bore anger. He grabbed her by her hair pushed her against the wall. He huffed, fanning her face with the toxic suffocating puff of white smoke.

"You better do as I say," He commanded, grasping her hands tightly. Esther winced in pain and sobbed loudly.

"Let me go," She cried. He placed his palms on her neck and curled his fingers around it. He strangled her with one hand. Ashes dropped to floor bit by bit. The tip of the cigarette was bright orange and hot. In the darkness of the room, it shone brightly and illuminated Jack's furious face.

"If you let one word slip, I will kill you," He threatened. Shivers ran down my spine. Holding the still burning cigarette up, he brought it behind her ear. The deep orange hot tip scorched her skin and she cried out in pain. Instinctively I put my hands behind my ears and caressed my own similar cigarette markings.

Jack dropped Esther to the floor and went upstairs. Esther brought her knees close to her torso and weeped. Owen paused the video and beamed at me. I stared blankly at this morbid man. Didn't he feel a tinge of sympathy for the girl?

"That's it. I have the evidence. Now he just has to admit that he is guilty of the crime and the case is closed. Jack Fenton will be locked up," Owen smiled as he pumped his fists. I realised that he was about to add 'and I will get the big bucks' and that he had deliberately restrained himself before blurting it out aloud. Picking up his laptop, he left the house, humming a tune under his rancid breath.

My phone chimed, indicating the arrival of a new message. I checked it out and I realised I had received many messages.

Ezra- I am sorry. Please forgive me.

I frowned at his message. Seeing the transition in my facial expression, Scarlett who was weeping over Esther peeped into the screen from behind. A hundred messages followed.

Ezra- I can explain. Please msg back.

"I think you should make up with him. I think he is desperate."Scarlett advised.

"You don't have to pry into my things. Mind your own shit," I snapped at her.

"Damn! You don't have to be all snappy. I was just saying. You will never know what things happen in life. Everything is so unpredictable and fate is uncontrollable. I am sure if you don't talk to him, then you would regret it. He is one of your close friends and you would certainly feel sad if you didn't make up with him and he suddenly dies," She said, her voice breaking. My eyes softened with moisture.

"Hell! You can't expect everyone to be perfect. We are all humans and we make mistakes and we have to forgive each other," Scarlett rebuked me. I lowered my gaze. Another message popped up. I sucked my lips.

Ezra- Please come to my house and we will talk. Give me one more chance.

"Give him one more chance," Scarlett suggested. I stared back at her and she gave me a 'duh' look. I sighed heavily before typing out a reply.

Me- Just send me your address.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481 61 11
A mysterious disappearance, or, perhaps, an abduction of some kind. A witch who loves to toy with men. Ghosts who are trying to find their way and pl...
332K 14.2K 30
|Book 1 of The Betrayal Trilogy - Now Discontinued| [READ AT YOUR OWN RISK-STORY WROTE AT AGE OF 13] *** "N--No! Leave her alone! Please, leave her a...
Lost ✔️ By Genius Fetus

Mystery / Thriller

15.1K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...
438 25 12
A horror mystery thriller about a young girl. The pain and horror she feels and the mysteries about herself and everything she feels around her. Zeld...