Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
23. Hospital and the agreements
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

37. Wrong timing

12.1K 456 98
By GraceAndGlorious

CHAPTER 37 - Wrong timing

Come on Jade, take it out of your head. You can do it.

I can't!

Ryan's words were still roaming in my head. Can't help it. He looked so fragile at the particular moment. He has suffered a lot. Seeing someone die at such a tender age must be hard, really hard.

Thank God that I haven't experience it. But I feel bad for Ryan. He don't deserve this pain.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket when I took an exit from my bedroom. Yeah, I am home today. Thanks to Christmas holidays!

I pulled it out and came to a new WhatsApp notification. I pressed the show button and saw a message from Zac. It said..

If it was your birthday, what gift would you want?

Dumb way to ask someone what they want for their birthday Zac because my birthday's on 31st december. Oh yeah! Happy! I am turning seventeen!

Zac has been coming to my birthday parties since eighth grade, that means since we met. We're those kind of friends who don't really communicate with each other but when it's some's birthday, festival or some special occasion, we never forget to wish and congratulate each other. I know, we're a pair of weird friends! 

And yeah, he's the same guy who I tried to pair up Sage with and he immediately said no and tried to hit on me. We talk in an abnormal way. Like I call him weird names and he still hit on me or irritate me even more. We can be rude to each other as well.

I pushed the reply button and typed..

Definitely not you!

I smiled and placed it again in my back pocket and begin my walk to the kitchen when I saw Sage coming being all happy mood and smiled at me. I glared awkwardly at her for a few seconds as she passed me. 

No longer the 'cranky girl on her periods' mood Freak? Wow, love really changes you. And that too drastically!

I begin walking again when Sage voice called me,"Hey Bozohead."

"Mm."

"Guess what? I told dad about me and Aiden." she chirped.

I stared her for a good minute then gasped,"You did? What did dad say?"

"Nothing much. He was really shocked when I told him. You should've seen his face." she exclaimed, chuckling.

I chuckled as well and spoke,"So, he wasn't angry or something?"

She shoke her head,"He was so shocked that his Sage's dating that he didn't say anything, at all. It was hilarious. But yes, he told me to bring him home to introduce him to dad."

Her face filled with nervousness and due to that, she begin to sweat a little. I smiled at her cute behavior and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry buddy. It'll be alright. We both know Aiden's a great guy. Nothing will go wrong." I convinced.

She smiled at me,"I hope so. But hey, haven't you find some special?" she smirked at me.

What is she even talking about??

"What?" I said, chuckling a little.

"Ah, don't act innocent. We both know who I am talking about." she said. Wow, her nervousness suddenly passed away.

"Enlighten me please." I said, crossing my arms over my chest, leaning on the wall of the corridor.

"Ryan." she sang.

Suddenly, a little blush creeped my cheeks, my heartbeat became faster and I changed my position from being calm and cool to nervous and silly.

"What? No." I said.

"Oh come on, I am not blind. I've seen how you guys act when you're around. You're so in love baby sister." she sang again, but this time, the dancing was included too.

"No."

"Yes."

"No, I don't like him." I spoke nervously.

"Yeah, because you love him." 

"No, I don't like him or love him." I stammered, while my lips became a little shaky.

She pointed her finger toward my lips and said,"Ha, you're lying. You're lips became shaky and that happens when you're lying. I know you too well sister."

Damn, she really knows me well!

"Aw, don't deny it. You two make the cutest couple ever." she said, smiling. Since when my sister became a cupid girl? 

Conscience : Since she fell in love?

Me : Correct!

Before I could reply, she began to tickle me. 

"Tell me that you love him." she chuckled.

"And what if I didn't?" I asked, laughing loudly.

"Then handle my heavy tickles." she announced.

I pulled my hands in defense and took a long breath. Can't believe I am going to say it.

"Okay, I like Ryan, happy?" I said.

She grinned widely,"So much."

I sighed and leaned on the wall again,"But I don't think the feeling's mutual."

"I don't think that. You must be the unobservant one but I see everything. I've seen the way he looks at you. When you're lost in your bubble world, he looks at you like there's no tomorrow. Believe me Jady, he really likes you. I've seen it in his eyes." she smiled.

Is it true? 

Do he feels the same for me? I want to believe Sage but I can't. He's The Ryan Matthews for God's sake. He can get any girl he wants. He can even get a Victoria Secret's angel if he want to. He's that charming.

No scope for me.

-

-

I was going to my car, while there was snow everywhere (but thankfully no snowfall), when my phone buzzed again with a WhatsApp notification. 

Ah, Zac again.

Ha ha ha, so funny. Really, what do you want?

I replied :

The Whirlpool Galaxy, can you give it to me?

Take that Zacy.

Just the minute I was about to put my phone back inn my pocket, it buzzed with mom's call.

"Sup mommy." I said.

"Not that hipster language with me Jade. So, how's my little princess?"

"Great, you?"

"I am fine as well kid. So sorry that I couldn't make it to Christmas with you guys. The heavy snowfall destroyed everything."

"No worries mom. We celebrated our Christmas pretty nicely."

"Sage spend it with a guy? Isn't it? She told me about it. So shocking, my Sagy is dating? Wow!"

"I know, it's shocking!"

"What about your dating life?"

"Absent as always."

"Aw, I know you like someone." Sage! That girl is gone. She told mom as well.

"No mom."

"I know you do kid. I am your mother. You can't hide things from me. So, who's the boy?"

"Mom, it's no one." I shouted and cut the line.

Man, why is everyone so hyper about my love life today? First Sage, then mom. Phew!

I entered in my car when mom's text came.

From : Mom

I know you do! ;) Ryan right? That's what his name is.

Sage told her that as well? Why? Urgg, now mom will keep bugging me about it! Stupid sister.

Before I could start the engine, my phone buzzed again.

Can't anyone let this little girl drive for a second? I guess the answer's no.

"Hey Jady!" Blair's voice chirped from the other side.

"Hi Barbie." I said, searching for a nice station to play.

"How's my little follower? How's things going?" she asked cheerfully. Candy rush maybe. 

"Your little follower is totally fine, your majesty. How are you?" I said sardonically. I finally stopped at a station when I heard Icona Pop's song.

All I need in this life of sin is me and my girlfriend

Down to ride till the happy end, is me and my girlfriend

All I need in this life of sin is me and my girlfriend

Down to ride till the happy end, is me and my girlfriend!

"Isn't that Icona Pop? God, I love them so much. Don't change the channel." she shouted from the another side. She heard the song? Wow, definitely candy rush.

I switched the channel and said,"Please tell me why you called?"

I heard her gasp,"You're asking me why I called? I am your bestie. I can call you anytime."

"Yeah, just like you didn't call on Christmas? I called you but you didn't pick up. You're too busy with Derek. The same's with Jess. She's too busy with Xavier. You guys forgot me." I complained.

It's said, to be in love, you've to lose to friends. And guess what, both my friends are in love and I am a loner.

Thank you God!

"Aww, I am so sorry Jade.. wait, Jess's call coming. I'll put us on call conferencing." she announced.

I waited for a few seconds when Jess's voice called,"Hey Jade, how are you?"

"Good, you, the girl who forgot her best friend because she have a boyfriend now?" I said sarcastically. I am really sad. My own best friends forgot to call me on Christmas. I have right to be sarcastic.

"Sorry Jade. I was busy. Forgive me?" Jess said.

"Busy with Xavier?" I asked.

"Family." they said in unison and then started laughing.

"Hahhaha, so funny. May I end the call now? I've to drive?" I asked, still sitting in my Imphala.

"It's a bad weather today, stay safe." Jess stated.

'Yeah, thanks. Bye guys." I spoke.

"Bye bye Jady." Blair chirped and I pushed end call.

Finally, I am ready to drive now!

-

-

Snowfall go away, come again another day. Little Jady wants to drive.

Don't think that I am crazy or something. I am in a very dangerous situation and singing stupid nursery rhyme.

Okay, you can say that I am crazy!

When I started my journey to my destination, suddenly God got an idea to stop me by blessing us with this heavy snowfall and now, I am stuck in my Imphala in the middle of God knows where.

The snow is making everything so blurry that I can't even recognize the place where I am.

Thanks to the Almighty, sitting in heaven with popcorn, enjoying my situation.

I know you are God.

Ahh, somebody help me. 

I can't even call anyone because it's out of battery. Thanks to Zac, who kept bugging me with stupid questions and my incredible friends who are ignoring me these days.

I pressed my head to the headrest of the driver's seat and waited for the snow to vanish away.

Like that can happen!

Then suddenly, I noticed a Silhouette coming toward my car.

Who's that?

Please don't be a serial killer. Help me! Help me!

The stranger, or a serial killer knocked on my window. He or she is so going to kill me! Ahh.

I pulled out my window a little and took a breath of relief when I saw that it's Annabella.

"What are you doing here Jade?" she asked. She was wearing a proper dress, wasn't she feeling cold? Her hair set perfectly in braids and light makeup. This girl's gorgeous, just like her brother.

"I am stuck here because I can't see anything on the road and, my car's not working." I explained.

She smiled at me and said,"Come on, get out of the car."

"Why?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"You really are like my brother. So stubborn. I'll take you inside my house. Don't be shy, it's yours house as well." she said with a smile. I got stuck near her house? What a place, Jade?

She has a way to feeling of hospitality! My house as well? Wow!

I don't have any other choice. I have to take her offer.

I nodded which caused her to smile widely. I came out and she lead the way.

"Don't worry, I'll ask one of our driver's to take care of your vintage thing." she joked.

"It's a 67 Imphala." I said slowly.

"Pretty cute." she smiled, while we were walking.

What? She finds Dean, the most manliest guy's car, cute?

-

-

"Mom, I brought a kitten with me." Anna shouted when we entered her enormous house or mansion you can say. The entrance was beautifully decorated with flowers. Is there some kind of celebration here today? Anna's dressed so perfectly, the house's decorated? What's the matter?

Mrs. Matthews came running to Anna and looked really worried. She was also dressed very elegantly. Something special is happening here.

"You brought a kitten? I thought we had a deal not to bring any animal home when Ryan brought a frog earlier." she said, still worried. I guess she didn't saw me. 

I chuckled lightly when I heard her words. Ryan once brought home a frog? Weird kid..but still charming as hell!

"But this time, I brought a very cute kitten." Anna said with amusement and turned to me. Mrs. Matthews face suddenly turned relief and happy.

"This girl's not a kitten. She's an angel. How are you dear?" Mrs. Matthews asked, ruffing my hair.

I was shivering due to the cold weather outside and said,"Great, how about you Mrs Matthews?"

"Aw, look, isn't she shivering like a kitten? Come inside Kitten." Anna teased.

I smiled at her and we went inside the living room. But with my unfortunate fate, I definitely came here on a wrong day..very wrong day.

I saw the whole Faulkner family (Drew's family), Mercer family (Ashton's family) and one more unfamiliar family with Mr. Matthews, sitting and talking.

Bad timing Jade!

And then, my eyes went on the smirking jerk who I adore a lot, named Ryan Matthews, sitting along with Drew and Ashton, smiling evilishly at me.

This will be one hell of a night!

-

-

"We're so glad you got stuck today or we would not be able to meet you then." Mrs. Matthews joked, while we all were sitting on the dining table.

Yeah, they forced me to get dinner. I discovered that they all were having a get together and they called my dad too but he couldn't make it. 

I was sitting aside of Richard, the son of that unfamiliar family I told you about and Annabella on the another side. Ryan was sitting a few chairs away from me.

"I am really glad to you guys for helping me." I said with a smile.

"Oh, don't say that dear. You're always welcome here." Mrs. Matthews said.

I smiled back and then took a quick glance to my attire. I was wearing a jacket over a black dress. Thank God that I was dressed decently today or I would have made a fool of myself and my reputation.

I observed that Ryan was sitting quitely on his chair. I've noticed that he's always really quite when he's around his dad. And his dad don't talk much as well. Um.tension in the air.

I looked at Ryan and saw his heartwarming smile that he gave to me. Aww, so adorable. This guy is killing me.

I smiled back and all his words came to my head again.

"Fell from the cliff."

"I hate Christmas."

His painful face came to me again. How can this guy hide that pain so perfectly? That no one can make out?

I was brought back to the real world when the servant kept the delicious food in my plate. I smiled at him and said thanks.

Everyone was talking to each other, laughing and enjoying  and I was sitting quietly, enjoying my food when I felt something on my bare thigh.

I looked at my thigh and found Richard's hand roaming around it. I lifted my head to look at Richard who was smirking at me.

What a jerk!!

I tried to pull it away from my free hand but his grip got even tighter on me. And the worst part, he was running it even higher now that he'll reach my ladypart really soon.

If I screamed, everyone will think I am a psycho and if I won't stop him, them I'll lose my respect forever.

Somebody help, this guy is going to rape me! Ahh!

"Richard, may we switch places?" Ryan whispered, which caused Richard to stop his dirty act for a second.

"Why?" Richard asked, beginning with his activity on my thigh.

Ryan looked at his hand like he'll throw fire from them and said,"Let's not get you beaten up in front of your parents and let them know about your dirty mind."

Richard gulped and nodded, pulling his hand away from my thigh, switching the places.

"Thanks!" I whispered to Ryan.

"Anytime Rasberry." he smiled.

My knight in shining armors...or in this case, a hoodie!

-

-

We were sitting in the living room. The weather was still the same and Mrs. Matthews forced me to stay here tonight! Great! 

Richard was still giving me pervert looks.

"Hey Jade, please come here for a second." Ryan's voice called, which no one noticed because they all were to busy talking, except of Richard, that pervert!

I nodded and went to Ryan who was standing in the corridor on the first floor of their house, from where you can see the whole living room.

"Yeah?" I said.

He came near me and tugged my hair behind my ear, staring at me with his sparking blue ones.

I could feel myself blushing when he pulled me softly toward himself by my waist and kiss my cheek. 

"You are too cute for your own good." he whispered in my ear, making me to shiver. Um. minty smell? I like it!

He kissed my temple and looked at me once again. 

He came near to my lips and looked at them. I stood still, waiting for his next move when he touched cared my cheek with his soft hands, like a baby's hand, and I blushed.

Jeez, I've been blushing a lot around him lately!

He leaned toward, causing our foreheads to touch. He breathed a cool breeze on my face, causing me to close my eyes.

"Always stay the way you are Jade."

-

-

I was still stun by what happened with Ryan when I suddenly crashed with a guy with a plate of spaghetti which was now all over my dress.

"Ahh." I said.

"I am so sorry ma'am." the guy, who's name was Timothy (read it from his nameplate) said.

"It's alright. Wasn't your fault." I convinced, cleaning my dress by my hand.

"Please don't tel Mrs. Matthews about this or I'll lose my job." he pleaded.

"Okay, I won't." I said and ran to my room. Yeah, she even forced me to sleep here tonight because the snow's not clear yet. In fact, all their guests are staying here tonight.

I texted Sage about this earlier and all I got was a smirking smiley and 'Have a great time' in reply!

I was making sound of disgust when I was pulled away because of the sudden opening of someone's door. I looked at who it was and found Ryan, standing shirtless in front of me. Ways to kill a girl by your Greek God like body, Mister Matthews? 

"H-Hi." I said slowly, still that heated up moment in my head. And now such a beautiful scene in front of me, this guy is really trying to kill me.

"What happened to your dress?" he asked.

"Um..I accidentally pour the spaghetti on myself." I lied.

"The whole plate, though, we didn't eat spaghetti in dinner?" he asked.

"Um..yeah." my lips began to shake again because of lying.

"Timothy did it? Didn't he?" he said with amusement.

"How did you know?" I gasped.

"I've saved that clumsy guy a lots of time from mom as well. Wait here!" he said and went inside is room.

How would his room look like?

I tried to get in when Ryan's voice said,"Don't you dare Cupcake."

Urgg!

He came back with a hoddie and said,"Here, change in this."

'Why can't I just take one of Anna's clothes?" I raised my eyebrows, crossing my arm over my chest.

"Do you want to awake that beast when she's sleeping? I don't. If you don't want this, then go to her and see her actual reality. She's really scary if you disturb her sleep." he announced.

No choice!

"Okay." I said and took it from him.

-

-

I was preparing myself to get to bed, wearing Ryan's hoddie that smelled just like him when suddenly, the door opened, revealing shirtless Ryan again.

"Goodnight Cupcake." he said.

He smiled when he saw me wearing his hoddie. 

I walked to the bed and covered myself in the sheets,"Goodnight." I said.

He chuckled and spoke before closing the door."You look nice in my clothes."

*****

Longest chapter!!!!

Woho!

Liked it Rade shippers? ;)

Hope you liked it! :)

Don't forget :

VOTE

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7M 645K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
97.2K 3K 38
“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe...
172K 3.7K 14
| "ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ʜɪꜱ ʟɪʟ ᴀꜱꜱ ɪꜱ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ ᴀꜱ ꜰᴜᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴍᴀᴅ." ----------------------- viewer discretion advised . based on song Make Luv by Brent Faiyaz
158K 6.2K 53
❝ Sometimes, life gives us a story we've never been told before. And sometimes, it's a story we don't know how to start and a story that we don't wan...