Remembering Those Sea Green E...

By idontwriteanymore_

Chihiro x Haku Chihiro has been living like a normal teenager for the past 5 years and her childhood is prett... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 4

2.1K 71 34
By idontwriteanymore_

I'm so bad at updating ahhh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chihiro p.o.v

As I walk through the long corridor, I eat the fruit that Haku gave me. I prepare my words as well for what I'm going to say to Yubaba. The farther I walk, the more I remember and the nostalgia is so much it's almost over bearing.

Finally reaching the last door, I knock, waiting for it to open. In the final moments of it being shut, I take a deep breath and mentally prepare once again.

The door opens and I'm greeted with the Kashira. They bounce around me, making little grunts, and I notice they definitely appear smaller than they did years ago because if how much I've grown.

"State your business." A wave of cigarette smoke blows my direction as Yubabas familiar scratchy voice reaches my ears. She remains focused on whatever is containing her focus on her desk.

"Yubaba, it's me, Chihiro, you might remember me as Sen. I was hear a while ago. I'm not sure how long it's been for you guys but for me it's been yea-"

"Sen?!" She abruptly stands up from behind her desk, causing her chair to move back a bit, and she makes her way to me by floating.

"Is it really you?!" She asks in denial.

Nodding, I watch her observe me in shock. None the less, I'm relieved that she remembers me because I don't know what I would do if nobody here remembered my existence so long ago, especially her since she's the boss of this place.

"You're huge. But even more importantly, what are you doing here again?" She asks, a bit of worry in her voice.

"I came here on purpose. I always thought it was a dream so I needed to see that it was real again." I pause, "and I want to know if I can stay. I'll work like I did before. I just need to make Haku remember." I state my main priority.

Now that the question is out, I see that she seems maybe a little bit frustrated or annoyed but it's soon replaced with a small smile.

"Sen you know I wouldn't not let you stay," she says sincerely but quickly turns stern again, "But you know the rules, you have to work for you to be able to remain here. You'll work in the bath house again, just like last time."

Relief washes over me.

"Of course. Thank you so much," I hug her and she tenses up but I ignore it, "and I remember everything I need to do so no worry on explaining anything!" I say a little more excited than need be.

"I'll go find Rin or Kamaji!" I say, and begin to quickly leave Yubabas office and head to the elevator.

I'm not sure what time it is but I can only imagine that the spirits will be showing up soon, which means I'll have to find Kamaji because Rin will most likely be helping in the bath house.

As I travel through the bath house and avoid eye contact with half of the spirits here, I make my way out to the back where the stairs that lead to Kamaji are.

I forgot how scary these things are.

Slowly, step by step, I make my way down the creaking stairs, hoping they won't break. I remember the last time, I practically fell down these and I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes.

Eventually, with caution, I reach the door and I walk in, hearing the sound of coal being thrown into the fire. A small smile appears on my face as I walk further into the room.

"Kamaji?" I say out, trying to reach his attention, my voice being quieter than I intended. As I step down into the room, the soot walk around me, ignoring my presence while they carry the chunks of coal practically as big as them. I see that me being in the room is still unknown to Kamaji as he continues grinding up serums and enlongating his arms to grab things from shelves way up towards the rooms ceiling.

"U-uh....Kamaji!" I call out his name out louder, walking closer to where he remains.

With that, he turns his attention to me finally with a gasp although I can't really decipher his emotions.

"Chihiro?!"

I smile and nod, happy once again that another spirit remembers me. I'm getting quite lucky, besides the fact the one person I hoped would remember me, doesn't.

"What are you doing here? Wait wait you need a job don't you, you don't have time for questions." He goes on and begins messing with things. "Rin should be here any moment with my dinner so just wait around and I'm sure she'll help you."

I smile and watch as he returns to work.

"You know me so well Kamaji," I laugh at how well he knows what to do, "thanks for it."

I walk across the lowered portion of the floor and take my shoes off before stepping onto the hard wood. This time I remember to keep my shoes out of reach from the soot.

Just as I'm about to sit down and wait for Rin, the devil herself crawls through the small door in the wall, holding a plate of food for Kamaji. My eyes widen as I see her, she looks the same except longer hair and maybe a bit more matured and....adult-y.

"Rin!" I call out excitedly, running over to her but careful not to cause her to spill.

She puts the plate down and firmly grasps my shoulders.

"Chihiro holy cow! You've definitely grown.....a lot." She says after skimming my body with her eyes.

"Ah, so you remember my granddaughter." Kamaji says, chuckling.

"Remember her? How could I forget. I was wondering if she'd ever come back." Rin says smiling.

I smile at her words but a sudden realization knocks in and I remember that before I left, she had always said how she was going to get out of this place as soon as she could.

But she's still here.

Pushing my thoughts away and deciding to ask her about that later, I turn my attention back to the two in the room.

"So, I need a job again." I look at Rin and smirk, knowing she'll know what to do.

"Ah come on you lug, let's go get you a uniform." She smiles, taking my hand and pulling me into the small door she came out of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well holy crap my dudes. That took an entire eternity to write and I'm sorry about that. I just have school and stuff to worry about and I haven't been able to focus on writing so again, my apologies. I hope you like this though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 23 30
The Spirit World and the Human World used to be one. Then humans turned away from the Earth, and the worlds split apart violently. Now, only splinter...
88K 2.7K 27
It's been 12 years since she left the world where her heart truly belongs. As she goes back after many attempts, what will it take for Chihiro to fin...
101K 2.1K 26
You are chihiros sister, after over a decade, chihiro is getting married, she sends you to spirit world to tell that to haku...
33.5K 1.6K 58
Book 3. The saga continues. With her mating to Haku rapidly approaching, Chihiro has a number of new problems to face. But these are nothing compared...