Chapter 8

I wrote most of this while I was lowkey dying. And now I'm an emotional wreck so that's why this is so late :")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haku p.o.v.

"Make me remember." I state, almost begging.

I've been....feeling these emotions towards Chihiro and with what she's been saying about me not remembering the past, I feel almost desperate to know before I do anything about my feelings.

"I don't even know where to start." She begins, walking over to my bed, sitting down.

Following her and sitting next to her, remotely close, I listen to her start the story.

"Well....I was about 10 when I came here first. That means it's been around 5 human years since I've been here." She says.

Nobody really knows how human years connects with spirit years so the information doesn't help much.

"It was an accident coming here originally. My dad, mom, and me were driving to our new house when we took a wrong road and, long story short, we ended up in the little shops out there. My parents had no self control and turned to pigs because they began eating the food." She pauses, looking up to me now, "that's when I met you."

"Describe that situation more." I say, wanting to know the details of us first meeting.

"Well, the day was beautiful. There was a slight breeze but the sky was blue. I had walked up to the bridge and I saw the train underneath so I looked over the ledge to see it," she begins "when I turned around I saw you standing there and you told me I had to leave immediately."

Nothing is coming to me yet.

"When I found out that I was stuck there and was turning invisible, you gave me a little pill thing, and we pressed our hands together. It's such a little detail but it's just one of the things I remember.... anyways, then you brought me to the bridge with you. I accidentally breathed and the spirits saw me, realizing that I'm human."

Still continuing to look her in her eyes, she stops talking.

I feel myself leaning in towards her, not being able to resist her anymore. I see her eyes flutter closed and then so do mine, her face being so close that I can feel her breathe against my lips.

"Uh, I don't think we should do this." I feel her body shift away before our lips connect, causing me to open my eyes.

"I'm sorry but....I want you to remember before anything happens." She sighs, standing up.

I look down at my lap, feeling quite embarrassed. I shouldn't have tried anything.

"I think I'm going to go." She says, walking towards the door.

Standing up, I grab her wrist, turning her around and pulling her into me. I hug her and I feel her arms wrap around my torso as well.

"Don't leave yet." I whisper, feeling so vulnerable right now. Why I'm letting her get to me I don't know.

The amount of me wanting to know about the past is so high. It's almost pathetic at how much I'd like to know.

"I'll stay." She pulls away, not removing her hands from my sides all the way.

~time skip~

My eyes open slowly, being brought to the lit room. I can feel Chihiro wrapped around me and cuddled into my side.

Sighing, I look down at her sleeping face.

"I wish I could remember." I whisper to myself, trailing my finger across her soft face.

"You're so cheesy." She smiles, whispering back, her eyes remaining shut.

I can feel my face heat up because I didn't know she was awake.

"Sorry." I don't know what else to say.
"Don't be. I wish you'd remember too." She responds, sounding as tired as I probably do.

Smiling, I close my eyes, thinking about what Chihiro told me earlier tonight.

Although I can't remember anything, what she retold sounds familiar. Like the memory is there but I just can't put a point on it. It's pretty frustrating.

"Don't think too hard." Chihiro's voice pulls me away from my thoughts as if she can read my mind.

"Are you a mind reader now?" I chuckle, hoping that the question sounded as rhetorical as I intended it to be.

I really do enjoy her presence and all that romantic stuff but I feel so guilty knowing that she remembers and I don't. It's all so new to me but I'm sure she's been wanting this, seeing that she has been coming up to my room and she was the one that brought up making me remember first.

Like, I know I shouldn't be doing this and really I should keep my distance until my memory does return but I feel so drawn.

"Wanna go do something wild?" I hear her ask, once again removing me from my thoughts.

This time, when I look down at her, her eyes are open, looking up at me.

"Like what?" I smirk, not even trying to guess what she has in mind. Figuring it's daylight out, everyone is asleep still and they will be for a while.

"Just come with me." She says, crawling away from my body, leaving me cold.

I don't say anything in return but I stand up and follow her out the door.

~time skip~

"Ok...." She mutters, talking to herself rather than me.

"I know you can't leave but...I'm pretty sure you can make it a little further." Chihiro states, pulling me along the gravel, further away from the shops.

We had left the bath house completely and are currently making our way out of the abundance of shops that lead to the bath house. Only except we were going the other way, towards the human world...or at least the only way to the human world I know of.

"Ok, we'll stop here." She says, letting go of my hand while sitting on the grass.

We stop at a grassy area cut into two by an empty stream. It's just filled with rocks and no water, but on the other side, just like this side, it's covered with tall grass.

"This is the last place I saw you." She states, sounding a little pained at the memory.

Following suit and sitting down as well, I try my hardest to remember.

The wind blows gently and I can't help but feel a wave of nostalgia. I don't even remember the last time I was this close to the entrance of the human world but maybe her doing this is helping. Feeling nostalgic about it is better than feeling nothing.

"You took me here when I left the last time I was here. You told me we'd see each other again....which we have." She smiles sadly, looking down and playing with a piece of grass.

Suddenly I see it, very quickly, but it's there. A girl that looks like Chihiro, only a lot younger, flashes into my memory. We're in the same scenery as we are now and she looks pained, but that's all I see before it goes away, leaving me with the actual Chihiro in front of me.

What was that?

I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to pull the image back into my mind, but nothing happens.

"Are you ok, Haku." Chihiro asks, placing a hand on my leg.

Looking up to her slowly I can't help but see the resemblance in the girl I just saw and Chihiro.

As a smile creeps it's way onto my face, I speak out

"I think I'm remembering."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yehhhhhh. There you go. THIS CHAPTER WAS INSANELY CHEESY I'M ALMOST CRINGING BUT OH WELL.

AND SORRY THIS TOOK AN ETERNITY I'VE BEEN WALLOWING IN SELF PITY AND DESPAIR :))))))