Desire [Newt Scamander]

By MilkshakeMentality

She looks up at him as he holds out his hand. "You know one day, I'm going to be the one helping you up." It... More

Disclaimer
Playlist
Main Characters
Introduction
Curious Man
Newt Scamander
The Wrong Case
Just a Nightmare?
Strudel
Inside the case
Niffler
Central Park
Captured
Madam Picquery
Hufflepuff
Tears
Nothing to lose
Evelyn's Memories

Fantastic Beasts

13.1K 459 138
By MilkshakeMentality

Evelyn takes in her surroundings with absolute awe, just as amazed as Jacob the muggle is.

They're in what appears to be a small safari park and each of Newt's creatures has it's own perfectly organised habitat.

The baffled pair walk over to wear Newt stands in what can only be described as a snippet of the Arizona desert.

A magnificent bird with shimmering wings and golden patterns fly's down, one of his legs looks  damaged showing signs of a time when it was chained up.

"This creature is known as The Thunderbird." Newt informs them as the creature starts to flap his wings bring a heavy rain fall in his habitat, thunder and lightning going off from around him.

Newt uses his wand to create a magical umbrella.

He smiles up at his beloved creature, 

"Come on..come on..down you come" Newt gently calls out to him.

The creature calms himself as he flaps down towards Newt.

 As he does this the rain dies down and the hot sun shines down once more.

Newt strokes him and feeds him a handful of grubs that he takes out of his pocket, 

"If you'd had gotten out that could been quite catastrophic." He speaks to thunderbird as though it can understand him.

Evelyn looks at him affectionately just like the way Newt looks at his beasts but much stronger.

"You see he's the real reason i came to America. To bring Frank home." 

"What an ordinary name for such an extraordinary creature" Evelyn speaks up gesturing to Frank.

Newt looks over his shoulder at her petting Franks heads gently,

"I suppose it is yes, but I'm sure you're an extraordinary human with an ordinary name" Newt says but then corrects himself..

"I mean I like your name-uh-ordinary is not a bad thing, I didn't mean-" he becomes rather flustered as he rambles on.

Evelyn laughs at his thoughtfulness,

 "I know you what you meant Newt,  although your name is rather extraordinary I must admit."

Suddenly their conversation is brought to a halt as Frank flaps his wings madly,

"No sorry. Stay. he's rather sensitive to strangers." Newt speaks to Jacob who had moved closer to Frank, but who can blame him he is a rather amazing creature especially for a muggle.

"There, there Frank" Newt mutters gently stroking him once again.

"He was trafficked, i found him in Egypt all chained up. Couldn't leave him there." Newt pauses smiling at frank.

"I'm going to put you where you belong aren't i Frank." Franks nuzzles his beak into Newts hands

"Back to the wilds of Arizona for you Frank."

Evelyn is amazed at the way Newt holds on to such hopes and is so determined to keep these creatures safe and happy.

Newt grins again throwing a another handful of food into the air as Franks flies up after it the sunlight glistening against him.

He then jumps down from Franks habitat and places his hands around his mouth beginning to call out in a roar like manner in the direction of another habitat.

"Come on" Newt grabs Evelyn's hand pulling her behind him as they run over to the habitat an excited Jacob following close behind.

Newt lets go Evelyn's hand as she blushes for what feels the millionth time that day.

He calls out again and soon a rumbling sound can be heard,

 "Here they come."

"Here who comes?" Jacob asks nervously the rumbling getting closer and closer.

Newt gives him toothy grin,

 "The Graphorns."

The Graphorns come charging into sight, they are exquisite.  They look like their part tiger part squid which is a rather odd combination.

Their body is large and their face has tentacles coming from it, the tentacles wrap round Newt as though embracing him as he greets them with hello's, whilst a baby Graphorns stumbles over to Jacob much to his delight.

"They're the last in breeding pair in existence." 

Another Graphorn and baby thunder over towards Evelyn greeting her by licking her hands,  she lets out a giggle causing a smile to form on Newt's face at the sight.

"If i had not rescued them, that could well have been the end of Graphorns forever." Newt sadly says as he throws out the meat from the bucket Jacob left as his feet.

The child Graphorns hastily stumble over to eat, reaching down and grabbing up what they can.

"So you rescue these creatures?" Jacob asks,

"Yep i rescue, protect them, nurture them and gently try to educate fellow wizards about them." he then looks at Evelyn,

"Although some seem don't need persuading"

He gives her a shy wink before rubbing the back of his neck, a thing she's picked up on that he does when he's nervous.

Newt heads up a small set of stairs,

"Come on" he calls excited to show them the rest.

They enter a wooded area made from various lengths of bamboo. Newts calls out five names as they enter a section where the sunlight is hitting them,  it spreads a peaceful warmth through Evelyn's content body.

Newt pulls out a small green creature from his top pocket and holds him in his hand and explains he's Bowtruckle named Pickett,

"He had a cold and needed some body warmth" Newt explains and Evelyn almost wants to aw out loud at how utterly adorable that is.

Jacob smiles in disbelief at how tiny the little Bowtruckle is.

Newt attempts to put Pickett back with the other Bowtruckles but struggles as Pickett doesn't want to part with Newt.

"He does have some attachment issues" Newt explains as Pickett clings to Newts finger.

You and me both Evelyn thinks to herself. 

"Come on Pickett. No they won't bully you."

However, Newt gives into the Bowtruckle putting him back in his pocket.

 "But this exactly why they accuse me of favouritism.."

As they walk on Newt looks sadly at an empty habitat and mentions of how a creature called Dougal is one of the missing.

Him and Jacob walk over to snake like birds called Occamy's.

They're so preoccupied that they don't realize Evelyn has gone exploring.

She can't help herself as she see's a snowy atmosphere catch her eye, she always loved the snow.

Hogwarts always looked the prettiest then, she can still picture the snowy turrets of the castle and the beautiful lake frozen with snow covered trees either side.

She enters the snowy habitat expecting to find another weird and wonderful creature but instead she faces an icy cry that rips through to her very core.

A black substance is suspended in mid air.

It's slowly moving closer to her as she does the same. It emits a weird energy making Evelyn feel cold inside, almost like being in the presence of a dementor. 

She's too scared to move almost stuck as though it's reeling her in, she feels a tear trickle down her face, she's awe struck by this horribly fascinating black mass.

"Newt" Evelyn calls a frightened tone in her voice.

"Newt" she calls again.

Newt rushes into the tent a worried look across his face, he runs across to her pulling her into him, she rests against his chest as he protectively wraps an arm round her.

She can feel his heart beating rapidly as he uses his wand to gently swish the suspended bubble of darkness away from them. Jacob watches the feel of warmth and excitement isn't apparent on his face anymore.

"What the hell is that thing?" Jacob questions as Newt stills hold Evelyn. His mood has changed to a cold much more serious one.

"It's an Obscurus. Now we need to get going, find everyone who's escaped before they get hurt."

Newt pulls away brushing away the fallen tear on Evelyn's cheek, 

"Don't worry they carry a depressive feel to them, which is why I feel the cold rather suits it" he wants to be annoyed at her for wandering off but he can't seem to be.

She's too precious as she grips onto his coat lightly and she was only be curious.

 "Please don't wander off again if you can, I don't want you to be hurt." Newt mutters quietly to her giving her a soft smile.

"Come on" he says and they all exit the snowy habitat.

"How could they get hurt?" Jacob asks as they enter a large empty savannah.

He let's go of Evelyn's hand and climbs up onto a rock,

" Well, you see they're currently in an alien terrain surrounded by millions of the most vicious creatures on the planet." He looks at them speaking again..

"Humans."

"So where would you say a medium sized creature that likes open plains, tree's, waterholes that kind of thing, where might they go?" Newt asks.

"In New York?" Jacob asks

"Yes"

"Central Park?" Jacob says shrugging lightly.

"Oh definitely" Evelyn says reminiscing about her morning walks there.

"Where is that?" Newt asks

"We can show you" Evelyn responds looking at Jacob to which he looks slightly uneasy.

"I would come but don't you think it's kind of a double cross? The girls they took as all in and make us cocoa-" Before Jacob can finish Newt interrupts,

"You do realize they'll obliviate you as soon as they see you're not sweating."

"Bliviate?" Jacob questions

"Wipe your memory of all magic" Evelyn answers.

Jacob looks down sadly,

 "You mean I won't remember any of this?"

"No" Newt says coldly he's been rather off since the incident with the Obscurus.

"Okay I'll come." Jacob gives in and the three return back to Newt's shed as he gives them a small smile, not without worry still apparent on his face.

"Come on" he says putting on a strong front and gesturing for Evelyn to go up first in case she falls again.

-

Done phew two updates in one night haha, i hope they were enjoyable :) Comment below what you thought :) Should i update tomorrow? Byesie Bye for now lovelies -C x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.2K 3.4K 20
"Why are you in such a hurry, Mr. Scamander?" "Uh, I may or may not have accidentally sent a load of magical creatures loose in the city." "Well, isn...
4.4K 133 17
A/N ignore the spelling errors and the switching between first and second person, I have dyslexia and have a hard time remembering witch person I'm w...
403K 7.3K 39
These are stories/imagines/one-shots I have came up with or that have been requested by readers, about Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beasts and Where...
84.2K 1.6K 31
(Y/n), a witch, goes to New York to visit her best friend Jacob, a muggle, On her holiday. But on the same day, Newt as well visit Queenie, Tina and...