Mortal instruments: city of l...

נכתב על ידי fanfictionyesplease

Emily Lightmen , a self-trained shadowhunter, comes to New York looking for vengeance. Jace, Izzy and Alec co... עוד

The apperance
The invite
The mentor
The festival and the truth
The birthday
The attack
The party in Idris
The mission
The realisation
The last dance
Light against dark: the beginning
Light against dark: the end
The light is forever with you

Sometimes to over come the dark you loose the light

52 0 0
נכתב על ידי fanfictionyesplease

Jace has covered the whole club, where is she? He hasn't checked the roof, the roof -he runs. As he runs up the sky makes an orange, pink colour. Alec, Izzy and mike join him, " nothing is up here Jace, she must be downstairs" Jace feels a little bit of relief maybe she is looking for them downstairs," you're right there is nothing up here other than-". Lying there in the middle of the roof is Emily. His Emily. Eyes shut, mouth closed , pale face. Not moving. Jace runs to her never had his legs moved so fast. Landing next to her checking her pulse. As he lays his head on her chest his eyes  sting and it feels like something is stuck in his throat making it hard for him to breathe. He may not want to if Emily doesn't. He holds his breathe , he feels a tear about to fall but he won't let it. Because if he lets the tear go then it would be like he is letting her go and that's something he will never do.

As Emily waits on the roof she senses a presence. Not one like a family member is visiting you from heaven. This was a presence that makes you feel small, useless and terrified. The type as a child you feel when you are in your room at night in the dark alone but your brain is telling you, you aren't. This was a presence that was sinful. As she was drawn closer to the presence the air became foul and unpleasant. The sky wasn't pink is was dark dark black. Emily through all of her training and experience could sense danger this was a lot worse it made her shake and question her skills this was evil. Finally a low ugly voice rang in her ears," you're friends are dying". She stiffens but keeps her voice normal," no they are out numbered" she paused un sure of what she is saying is true," they are fine, we will win." The spirit laughs ," that's what your parents thought , that's what everyone thinks, the demons don't stop coming, your friends will collapse of exhaustion, unless you do something." Emily thinks for a minute images of jace and everyone struggling and there being more bodies of shadowhunters than demons pilled. What he is saying is true. Not wanting to admit it she says," yes I will do something, I will fight you until I kill you like you did to my parents and Max and everyone you've killed !" Rage fills her and boils in her blood , through her bones and her heart. She lunges forward at nothingness swinging her weapons around through the darkness. This infuriates her more," come out you coward !" " show me your face ! Show me yourself ! Come and face me !" She swings again, and again. Tripping and yelling at nothing. A familiar laugh appears," stupid humans you cannot kill me ". Looking up at the voice,sweat drips from her forehead " I will I WILL". She lifts her sword but an unexpected force pushes it across the roof if it wasn't so dark she might of been able to tell if it actually fell off. " you cannot, you see I am immortal forever to live" he laughs," the devil put it on me you cannot kill me! ". Emily drops to her knees in defeat, she can never revenge her parents now, or max or anyone, her whole life that's all she wanted to do what he did to her loved ones; kill him. Power echoing his voice," now your friends are going to die and the demons will never stop coming my portal is unstoppable." Now banging her fists on the roof yelling," stop it stop I'll do anything !" She didn't care if she sounded dramatic all she cared about is Jace and Izzy and mike and Alec; her family. " you can't stop if it it's magic ". " magic always has a loop hole! ". " clever girl, the loop hole involves you ". " yes anything I'll do it ". " something is connected to the function of the portal, if it stops so will the portal". Emily's anger was replaced with confusion and fear. " that thing is a life " Emily instantly thought she would have to go kill someone she can go that it would save more she has to. " yours Emily your life, if you die so does the portal; and your friends will not." Emily stands her legs shaking, her mind is telling her something different to her heart. She stares into darkness," I'll do it, kill me to save my friends." The laugh is at first loud but fades just like her panic. Something is alright about saving the people you love most, it's all she wanted to do, save them that's what she is doing. She closes her eyes, seconds pass nothing happens she opens her eyes to see the monster she sees in her dreams correction her nightmares. " are you ready ?". " I'm not doing this for you, you haven't won I have because I am saving them." The figure that looks back at her is a undescribable, it's a mix between a demon and a beautiful human, eyes dark and empty somehow still staring at her. It then disappears laughing at it fades away. Emily waits and yells," you aren't winning! Keeping me waiting, I have won I have avenged my  parents I-" and something hit her it felt like mike kicking her in the stomach during training when they were kids before she knew she was strong, like seeing her parents dead motionless before she knew she would win and like when she thought Jace hated her before she knew she was loved. All the pain and hurt in her life hit her she could feel herself falling upwards. Then hitting something but the smile was there," I won " she thought." I saved my family especially Jace" thinking of Jace made her smile bigger. That boy healed her. With something she never had ;love.

minutes has went by, by now Izzy and everyone has went around Jace keeping there space. In all the time Alec has known Jace he has never seen him so quiet and still. Jace looks over Emily in sure of what to do. He has been in many battles with blood lots of people's blood, even seen parts of arms and legs. But nothing has traumatised him more than this. The minutes felt like years. Every seconds Jace checks her wrist, her heartbeat. Looks at her face looking for her healthy rosy cheeks. He then will look for injuries, hold her head in his hands. " Jace I think she's gone ", Alex says quietly grasping his shoulder in support, Jace's shoulders tenses," I can take her to the silent brothers, they will...take care of her". Jace turns around tears in his eyes," take care of her? take care of her?!" Now standing up," that's what we should've done !" Without a word Alex joins everyone as Jace sits back down. Izzy silently cries.
Emily a sister she never had. The worst part of all of this is you can't see the light in her eyes, and even worse; you can't feel it.

Emily gasps and grabs her throat, air fills her lungs. She stands up with no pain, she checks for injuries;nothing not even a slight headache. She feels light, clear and a little strange. She looks around, the sky is no longer black but the sun has risen filled with orange and pink clouds.  She feels as though she is filled with the colours brightness and calmness. Blue humming birds fly in the distance; her mothers favourite birds. And purple daffodils , very rare according to her father, grow around her as she takes each step. She tilts her head back as she lets the sunshine and warmth touch her neck and face. She is no longer cold nor scared. She looks down at her clothes not ripped or blood stained instead white and pure as they were once before. The roof is a lot bigger than she thought, she couldn't tell before because of the fog her exhaustion and anger controlled her. Her muscles tense and aching now relaxed and normal. She looks around again she sees Jace and Izzy and everyone else; she cannot wait to jump into Jace's arms. She runs and yells joyful words," I did it, we did it we are free !". But she stops running and looks at their faces they reflect the opposite of hers. Their eyes aren't filled with delight but pain. Jace is on the ground still he is looking at something or someone. He strokes their face and hair. A fallen shadowhunter he must of knew them. " Jace I'm so sorry we can take care of it" she waits for him to look up at her, do anything. " Jace I know you're upset but please look at me " she holds his shoulder he flinches but keeps looking at the person. A girl around their age brown long hair. Emily leans down across from Jace she may of knew her as well. Something horrible hits Emily that's not a random girl that's her. She must be dreaming. She stands up confused. Suddenly a familiar hand holds hers. " it's not your time, Emily my beautiful girl, fight fight it's not your time ". " what do you mean ?". " I'm saying fight fight for your life, this isn't your time !". " how ?". " you have unfinished business!". " you have to defeat the evil ". " how ?!". " it's in you my dear it always was."
Everything around her fades the last thing she sees is the face that was yelling for her the only one that ever did; her mother.

Suddenly she feels as if being thrown into ice cold water and swimming back up. As she rises to the surface a large power hits her the liveliness shocking her body. Her eyes open slowly. " Jace ", she says softly. Jace looks around and down at her his eyes red and puffy water again," Emily ? Emily!". He holds her. She smiles but she senses the presence, the darkness. When her mother told her it was in her she didn't understand she was scared that she didn't understand. But as Jace holds her she knew. " Jace hold me tighter", she whispers not on purpose just weakly. He obeys suddenly he lights up his features glow his golden hair blinding them. The demon arrives in his form of man. Eyes black. Emily never thought she could she a demon show emotion they had none. But the fear in his dark eyes was more real than anything she has ever seen. His screams burst theirs ears. Light filled the air blinding them again. Mike covers Izzy whilst Alec shields himself. the whole worlds existence seems to have been killed by light. But it turns out the only thing it killed was darkness. Everyone opened their eyes and looked around no more darkness the air clear and the sky bright. The darkness was gone. For forever more.

Jace drops to the floor he feels as if he were a sponge and someone has squeezed all the insides of him out, he is drained completely. " Jace what just happened?" Alec said quite shocked along with Izzy echoing the same thing," you lit up like a lightbulb!". Jace said nothing he was staring at something else everyone followed his gaze. There were the demon stood was now a white creature curled in a ball. It rose upwards until it was hoovering with wings. Jace blinked several times but it was still there, in all his life he thought angles were myths. It was white almost blinding, it's wings sparkled in the light. It's eyes are green not black. " you saved me, from the darkness, with your light. A special shadowhunter possesses the power to reverse a curse." " your friend was the daughter of the parents who possessed that power, often when the darkness takes over it eliminates everyone who does." " that's why you went after Emily and her parents." " yes and with reward you get one wish from my gratitude." Everyone looks at jace, he feels their eyes on him without saying anything he knows would he should wish for and what he wants to wish for. He thinks of Emily what she lived for. To protect the innocent souls on earth from the evil ones. Water drips down Jace's face and it's not sweat. He knows what to do. Yet forever he will regret it but the world and his love with be forever grateful.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.2K 52
Everyone knows about Alec and Izzy Lightwood from New York, and their adopted brother Jace Wayland, But no one knows of their little sister who stays...
4.3K 83 23
Simon and Clary become shadowhunters after they run into Alec, Jace, and Isabelle.
1.7K 190 17
Can the children of Clary and Jace Herondale along with Alec and Magnus Lightwood-Bane and Simon and Isabelle Lovelace risk their lives to save it? C...
1.4K 57 26
Hey guys! Arilioness here to continue the story of Ariella and Jace! Again I own none of the TMI characters, and I own all my OC's. Join Ariella once...