The Obsession

By Rae_1013

"I made the choice a long time ago." Built with passion caused with obsession, feelings that grew within t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
The Obsession
The Interlude

Chapter 15

4.1K 161 36
By Rae_1013

Lyra was engulfed with warmness all throughout the cold night. She was fortunate to have large blankets to keep her warm.

Although she was wrong. It was Zero who was sleeping beside her to provide warmth. He slept soundlessly and gripped Lyra's waist a bit too tightly, but she didn't mind it, she unconsciously snuggled more into him than she realized.

When the front of Lyra's body got cold, she shifted her body over and faced Zero's sleeping form. She unconsciously wrapped her arms around him and sighed in content, feeling the warmth engulfing her.

When Lyra woke up, she was all alone. She didn't have a clue that Zero had slept with her throughout the night.

Lyra lazily yawned and heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?"

"Penelope, mistress." She answered.

"Come in."

Lyra instantly saw the blue strips of hair that blended in with Penelope's blonde hair. Penelope sent her a warm smile and carried a tray in with a little stand for it.

Penelope sat it down in front of Lyra and removed the tray, revealing some turkey bacon, French toast, and some scrambled eggs.

Penelope went out of the room and some back with orange juice and placed it down nearly besides the food.

"Your breakfast, mistress." Penelope curtsied.

Lyra frowned and grabbed a fork, picking at her food. She wasn't really hungry for breakfast.

"I can't eat all of this. Will you please eat with me?" Lyra asked her. Lyra mentally cursed herself for her nice personality.

Penelope widened her eyes. "Eat with you? I don't know what the master will say, though."

"I won't let you get in trouble, don't worry." Lyra said and handed her her fork.

She won't let the girls get in trouble yet. They still have to pay for what they had done to her friends.

After eating breakfast with Penelope, Lyra was inside a room with a grand piano in it. She sighed when it reminded her of Crescent. Cress loved to play the piano, it was usually the only time Cress would smile in happiness.

Lyra looked out the window and scowled. If she could, she would've escaped already, but the windows were locked. But if she ever broke the windows to get out, she'd be falling to her death. Of course she can go downstairs and kick the door open, but the whole mansion was a maze. Plus, there was always men following her according to Zero's rules, so she can't ever escape.

All Lyra can do is hope that the last Gemini member can save her. But she also wanted the Gemini to save Cress and Sirena first, Lyra would have to wait.

Lyra placed her fingers on the keys of the piano and thought back to when Cress taught her a small, but wonderful piano piece called Liebestraum.

What an odd name of course.

Lyra started to play hesitantly and then soon, she was focused on getting the piece perfect. She could only imagine the proud look she would receive from Cress. That would make Lyra very happy.

Once she had hit the wrong key, she stopped playing and a sour expression was placed upon her face.

Lyra huffed then played the piano piece from the beginning again. Every single time she was about to end the piece, she would always hit the wrong note. Soon, she grew frustrated and had ended up trying to playing the piano piece for hours until lunch time.

"Mistress?" Annalise came in through the door. "It's lunch time."

"Give me some more time," Lyra said, still trying to play the piano piece.

"Mistress, please." Annalise begged. "Master is waiting for you."

Lyra slammed her fingers on the keys, the horrible sound echoing through the room. "What?" She looked at her.

Annalise nodded. "Let's hurry and get you prepared for lunch."

"I look fine, Annalise." Lyra sighed and got up. "Let's get this over with."

—————

Lyra was sitting right in front of him. She was really nervous, but she kept her emotions in check.

"You know," she started off. "I was busy playing a piano piece."

Zero didn't reply, he simply listened and poured a drink of orange juice for Lyra. He gave it to her and she took it.

"What were you doing today?" She asked him. When he didn't reply, she rolled her eyes. "Of course you wouldn't reply."

Lyra began eating her lunch, ignoring the stares from Zero.

"What other games are there in store for me?" Lyra asked him.

Yup, no response.

"Can't you just write something down?" Lyra frowned at him.

Zero took out his phone and typed in something. Once he was done, he held the screen up and showed Lyra it.

"Would you like to go to the gardens with me?" Lyra said when she read from the phone. Her mind instantly clicked and she gasped. "I can go outside? When?"

Zero typed something else in and she hastily grabbed his phone. She read off of it again. "There'll be guards following us," she said while frowning.

Of course there would be men following them. How does Zero even get so much people on his side? Did he drug them all and forced them on his side or something? Most likely.

Lyra slumped and handed him his phone back. She could've texted her friends, but she was afraid he would chop off her fingers.

After they finished their lunch, Zero guided her through the halls of his mansion and opened up a door, leading to the gardens.

Lyra couldn't keep the excitement off and she soon squealed in happiness. Freedom was right in front of her, but there were fences. Tall, big, spiky fences that kept her in and kept anything out.

Nevertheless, Lyra soon enjoyed the last few hours in the garden with Amelia. Even though she despised the five girls, she couldn't help but push the anger aside and do something with them.

Zero watched from afar. He leaned against a tree and made sure that the five girls were treating Lyra like a queen. His men were right behind him, weapons ready in case something goes wrong. It was either that or to kill off the five girls if they did something wrong to Lyra.

Zero could care less about them, he can get new maids. Although, he thought it would be a waste to get rid of them, they obviously knew how to fight and torture. It would be a pain in the ass if he and his men had to train new maids to become killers.

Lyra came over to him and gave him a smile. Zero raised an eyebrow, but she couldn't see his face since he always wore a black mask.

She held out a bouquet of flowers and gave them to him. "I picked these for you!"

Zero almost choked on air when he realized that she picked those flowers just for him. Although, he could see that she gave the five girls flowers as well, but who cares? She actually cared about him! That made him happy.

Zero accepted the flowers in a flash and Lyra bounced off happily, the smile fading into a grimace.

What was she doing? Why did she have to be so nice? I need to go to an asylum, she thought. Yes, maybe that could help me. Or could a mental hospital work?

When Lyra and Zero went back inside, he noticed how her frown deepened further. He was about to type in something in his phone when Lyra walked off quickly into her room, shutting it.

He sighed and tucked his phone back into his pocket. Zero left the five girls and walked up the stairs into his office, his men still trailing behind him. When Zero came in, he opened up a cabinet and luckily found a vase from when he stole it from the flower shop, as a memento. When he gave one of his men the vase, the man was unsure of what to do.

"Fill it up with water and come back with it." Zero ordered.

He nodded,"Yes, sir."

When he came back, Zero took the case and carefully placed it down on his desk so that the water wouldn't splash out. Zero grabbed the bouquet of flowers from one of the other men and cautiously placed it inside the vase, making sure it looked perfect to him.

He sat down in his chair and stared at it. Zero wondered if Lyra was beginning to open up to him. He thought that she might be faking it, it was possible.

"Where's Cress and Sirena?" Zero abruptly asked.

"Around the edge of New Cresthill." One of them replied.

"They still haven't found where I lodged the tracking device in?" He asked in a bored tone.

"No, sir."

"Good. Let's hope they won't find out. Make sure that they won't find Lyra, keep them off guard, or kill them off. And make sure to find that last Gemini member, it's getting on my nerves."

"Yes, sir."

—————

Cress and Sirena were inside a museum. It was Sirena's idea to go, they needed some time to think about where to go next and find Lyra. They needed to relax just a little, the both of them had been stressing out lately.

"I really don't understand why you chose the museum," Cress said.

"And I really don't understand why you chose the chocolate flavored ice cream instead of the vanilla." Sirena shot back at her.

"Because chocolate is better in my opinion."

"Whatever, are you having fun, though?"

"Uh, no? The place is boring!"

"Ugh, then what do you suggest we go? To an amusement park?"

"I'd rather not get distracted from our mission, thank you." Cress threw away her ice cream in the bin near her.

Sirena checked her phone and sighed. "The place is about to close up, we should head over to a motel."

"How much money do we have left? Considering the fact that you spent a lot of it on portable chargers and candy," Cress said with a smug grin.

"I couldn't help it, those gummy bears looked amazing!"

"Yeah, well, let's go." Cress helped Sirena up to her feet. "I'm too tired for another conversation. Is there a nearby motel?"

"There should be one just a few miles from here." Sirena said.

The girls were heading out when the lights shut down, engulfing the girls in darkness.

"Awe come on!" Cress shouted from the top of her lungs. "I really don't want to deal with this, Zero! I am too tired to fight, let's continue this tomorrow, alright?"

"Like that's ever going to work," Sirena rolled her eyes.

Sirena's hand latched onto Crescent's arm and they both ran, hoping to find the nearest exit. Their hopes were cut short when Zero's men stood in their way.

Cress whined,"All I wanted to do was sleep!"

"Well you're going to sleep forever if we don't get out of here alive!" Sirena shushed her and then ran back, dragging the sleepy Cress.

Sirena was about to slap Cress awake when they heard something go off.

BOOM!

Cress snapped her head up. "What the heck was that?"

"I don't wanna find out, run!" Sirena screamed.

Before they could pick up the pace, something exploded behind them which made both of the girls fly separately away from each other.

Cress landed with a thud and groaned. She sat straight up and saw Sirena, her leg being crushed by one of the fallen columns.

"Sirena!" Cress got up, but was forced back down by another explosion. It didn't just send her flying back, it blew up right in front of her with a blinding light, making cuts and bruises on her face and body.

Cress flew backwards and landed painfully on the ground again. Cress screamed from the pain in her eyes. "MY EYES! I'M BLIND!"

The explosion had blinded Crescent's sight and she started to panicked.

She slowly got up, ignoring the pain in her head and sight and clumsily walked over where Sirena was, still crying out. She heard the cries from Sirena and that was the direction she was heading off to.

Cress tripped over her own feet and fell once again, the blood oozing out of her. "Damn it," she gritted her teeth.

When Cress thought that the two of them were going to die, a cloaked figured jumped down from the second floor and landed gracefully on the ground. The figure lifted up the column and Sirena quickly crawled out, limping towards Cress.

"How were you able to lift up the column?" Sirena asked incredulously to the cloaked figure before shaking her head. "You know what? I don't have time for this."

"Sirena?" Cress tried getting on her feet and successfully fell down, not noticing that she tripped on something.

"Crescent! Crescent Moon!" Sirena held her tightly. "What happened?"

"I'm blind! I can't see, Sirena!" Crescent painfully opened her eyes.

Sirena gasped from it. Her eyes. Crescent's were still the same color, except that her eyes were aimlessly looking around, trying to spot Sirena.

"I can't see! Where are you?" Crescent panicked.

"I'm holding you!" Sirena's grip tightened on her.

The cloaked figure appeared in front of them and grabbed Sirena, placing her on it's back. Next, it carried Cress bridal style and ran, the explosions still happening behind them. They needed to get out before the whole museum collapses.

The cloaked figure kicked an exit door open and was blown away by another explosion, causing the three of them to fly outside of the museum. Sirena fell on her injured leg with gritted teeth while Cress landed kinda safely, her hands and knees breaking the fall.

The cloaked figure rose up from the ground and Sirena looked up at it, trying to see it's face.

"You're the last member aren't you?" Sirena asked.

"What? What's happening?" Cress frantically asked. "Did we get saved by the Gemini?"

"I think we did," Sirena said.

The figure rose a hand up and took off the hoodie, long masses of brown and wavy red hair spilling out.

Sirena gasped and placed a hand over her mouth. "It's you!"

"I'm so glad I got to you two in time," the last Gemini member spoke.

Crescent's head perked up and she stifled a gasp. "I know that voice."

"It's really you," Sirena choked a sob when the member kneeled down in front of her with a smile.

"Alaska," Crescent drew in a sharp breath. "Is it really you?"

An old friend. She was one of those many Gemini members that Sirena, Lyra, and Cress have trusted before Zero came along and tried to get rid of them.

"Yes, yes it is." She smiled at the two of them. "It's wonderful seeing you guys again. By the way, you two are getting heavier since the last time I carried you."

—————

Okay! It's the mid of the night and I'm exhausted, I gtg to sleep! Night ppl.

VOTE-COMMENT 😘 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613 27 15
An unexpected story. A love story. A story about making a choice. What would you choose?
223 26 14
Faye has always struggled with her life and never thought it would be worse than it already was. Her life become more of a rollercoaster and a movie...
110K 2.2K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...