NUMB | D. MALFOY {EDITING}

By -consteIIations

❝You're fighting a war inside your head every single day. If that's not exhausting I don't know what is.❞ {ha... More

NUMB
EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
PART ONE
i. the dark lord
ii. hogwarts
iii. hidden feelings
iv. katie bell
v. room of requirement
vi. professor snape
vii. breakdown
viii. amortentia
ix. quidditch
x. slug club
xi. christmas break
xii. malfoy manor
xiii. conversations
xiv. firewhiskey
xv. rosier manor
xvi. the burrow
xvii. bellatrix lestrange
xviii. confrontation
xix. poison
xx. sectumsempra
xxi. astronomy tower
PART TWO
xxii. battle of the eight potters
xxiii. the wedding
xxiv. back to hogwarts
xxv. mirror of erised
xxvi. detention
xxvii. wandless magic
xxviii. the letter
xxix. secret place
xxx. forest of dean
xxxi. xenophilius lovegood
PART THREE
xxxiii. 12 grimmauld place
xxxiv. war
xxxv. fenrir greyback
xxxvi. battle of hogwarts
xxxvii. lord voldemort
xxxviii. goodbye
xxxix. welcome back
100K READS!!!!
xl. an announcement
xli. lies
xlii. the truth
xliv. america
xlv. love letters
xlvi. i'm sorry
EPILOGUE
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
UNSPOKEN CANONS AND AUTHOR'S FUN FACTS
{quick update + poll}
[BONUS] i. first kiss

xxxii. the traitor

13.2K 526 606
By -consteIIations

« THE TRAITOR »

        Anastasia silently walked through the dark corridor in front of the Malfoy Manor as she chewed her lower lip to ease the bone wrenching pain she was feeling in the moment. Her emerald eyes scanned the dark place as a snatcher dragged her to the big door in front, where Bellatrix waited for them with the smug expression in her features.

          The mad woman smiled mischievously as the snatcher removed the hair from Harry's forehead and showed her the scar, the woman's dark eyes connected with the boy's and then she looked back at the other three teenagers admiring the scene with fear.

          "Get Draco." She hissed, smiling.

          Both, Ron and Hermione, turned their heads to look at Anastasia, who swallowed deeply and whimpered as the snatcher held her forearm and pulled her inside the manor.

          "Does it hurt, lovely?" The snatcher whispered in her ear and the brunette closed her eyes with fear.

          "Leave her alone." Ron snapped as they walked into the dark manor.

          The snatcher chuckled as he dragged Anastasia to the common room of the manor and she chewed her lip to stop the pain, but the grip he had on her forearm was hurting her even more.

          When Anastasia looked up, the first thing she saw was a pair of grey eyes looking at her with anger and preoccupation. She felt her own eyes getting full of tears as she watched Draco walking into the common room and looking at her and the other three teenagers.

          "Rosie—" He tried to walk to her, but Lucius had stopped him from taking another step.

          "Don't, Draco." The man sneered, looking between the girl and his own son.

          The girl looked away as Lucius dragged his son closer to Harry, who was kneeling down and staring at the floor with steady breaths. The platinum-blond boy turned his face to look at his father and then at Harry.

          "Well?"

          "I can't be sure." Draco muttered.

          "Look closely, son." The man insisted. "If we are the ones who hand Potter to the Dark Lord, everything would be forgiven." The boy nodded shakily, his eyes traveled from his father to Anastasia, who was clutching her forearm close to her chest.

          "Now we won't be forgetting who really caught him. I hope, Mr. Malfoy?" One of the snatchers said, making Lucius look away from his son.

          "Don't dare to talk to me like that in my own house!" He yelled, making Draco flinch.

          "Lucius!" Narcissa scolded him.

          "Don't be shy, come closer!" Bellatrix took his hand and pulled him close to Harry. "If this isn't who you think it is, Draco and we will call Him... He'll kill us all. We need to be absolutely sure!"

          Draco exhaled deeply and kneeled in front of the boy, who looked at him with anger. The platinum-blond boy pursed his lips together and turned his head back at Harry.

          "What happened to his face?" He asked.

          "Yeah!" Bellatrix repeated. "What is wrong with his face?" She turned her head to look at the snatcher.

          "We captured him like that." One of them idiotically explained. "Something he captured in the forest, I reckon."

          "That happens during a stinging jinx." The woman acknowledged. "Was it you dear?" She pointed her wand at Hermione and Anastasia looked down to hide her face from the woman. "Give me her wand, let's see what her last spell was." Hermione's face fell. "Ah, caught you."

          Draco stared at Harry with an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach, his fingers trembled in the grip around his wand and his grey eyes flickered all over his face. Harry blinked and exhaled sharply at the sight of Narcissa Malfoy coming closer to them. She tapped her son's shoulder, making him snap out of his thoughts.

          "What is that?" Bellatrix asked with widened eyes. "Where did you get that from?" She pointed at the swore in the snatcher's hand.

          "It was in her bag when we searched her. I reckon it's mine now."

          Anastasia closed her eyes when she heard the screams echoing in the dark room. She grunted in pain as soon as the snatcher pushed her out of the way and Bellatrix's whip caught his neck. The Slytherin gulped as soon as she felt a pair of cold arms holding her, and surprise took over her features when she opened her eyes and saw Draco worriedly staring down at her.

          "Sh." He whispered in her ear as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I'm here and they won't do anything to you, just stay still." He whispered and Anastasia nodded hesitantly.

          "Cissy!" Bellatrix hysterically yelled, turning around to face them. Anastasia turned her head to the side. "Hold those boys in the basement!" She smiled mischievously at both, Hermione and Anastasia. Draco looked away as Bellatrix dragged the girl out of his arms. "I'd like a conversation with these two. Girl to girl!"

          Anastasia gulped as she watched Narcissa push Harry and Ron to another room, she chewed her lower lip and gasped as soon as Bellatrix pushed Hermione to the cold, dusty floor.

          "Leave her alone!" She roared, searching for her wand in the back of her coat.

          "Shut up, traitor" The woman sneered, looking up to meet her gaze. "You're next."

          "Don't touch her!" She yelled, watching Bellatrix dangerously talking to Hermione.

          "The Sword is meant to be in my vault. How did you get it?" Hermione cried and Anastasia hurriedly searched for her wand with shaky hands. Draco looked away. "Did you and your friend steal from my vault?" She yelled, making Hermione and Anastasia flinch at the same time.

          "I didn't take anything" The Gryffindor cried, looking away from the woman's angry gaze.

          "I do not believe you." She hissed and turned to point her wand in her arm.

          A heartbreaking scream left Hermione's mouth and Anastasia cried, covering her ears and trying to pretend she wasn't seeing her best friend being tortured. Draco sighed and slowly scooted to her, his hand searched for hers, but she was too focused in not listening Hermione's screams. He looked at the scene and then back at the girl, his cold hand covered hers and removed her hand from one of her ears.

          "Take my wand." He whispered in her ear. Anastasia shook her head. "You need it."

          "I don't need a wand." She said, then widened her eyes. "I don't need a wand." She repeated, this time, for herself.

          Anastasia sighed and walked forward to the woman torturing her best friend. She pressed her lips together and tried to focus despite the screams coming out of Hermione's lips.

          "Stupefy!" She yelled, pointing at the woman.

          Bellatrix flew away from Hermione and the Malfoy's gasped. Anastasia ran to her best friend and helped her get up, she carefully held her hand and Hermione clung her arms around her neck. The mad woman stood up and turned her head to the two girls.

          "Rosie—" Draco began, but was instantly cut off by his father dragging him away from the girls.

          "You filthy traitor!" Bellatrix yelled, taking long steps to Anastasia.

          The green-eyed girl pressed her lips together as she tried to hold herself and Hermione. She stood straight and grunted as soon as she felt her best friend being dragged away from her.

          "Crucio!" Bellatrix yelled, pointing her wand at the girl.

          "No!" Draco yelled, pushing his father away to run to Anastasia.

          But it was too late, her painful screams were already echoing in the common room. Anastasia fell to the floor with a loud thud and her body stirred in the cold floor. She tried to stop the pain, the bone wrenching pain that she wished to never feel. Tears cascaded down her cheeks as soon as she felt the pain slowly increasing, but she felt unable to move, even breathing hurt her.

          Her eyes had lost the last spark they held, and was replaced by the cold, numb stare of a dead body. Maybe she wasn't dead, but that's how it felt for her.

          "I have a surprise for you, traitor." Bellatrix laughed and Draco clenched his fist as he watched Hermione fall on her knees next to Anastasia.

          "Annie." She cried. "Annie, please—"

          "Mind coming here, dear?" Anastasia turned her head to Bellatrix, and so did Hermione. "Ah, my boy. Say hi to your little sister."

          Anastasia didn't move, but she felt her heart quickly searching for strength to live when her green, numb eyes caught the sight of William. She stared at his figure as he stared down at her senseless body.

          "You told me he was dead." Draco sneered, turning his head back at his father.

          "Hello, little sister." He smirked, kneeling in front of her. His green eyes glanced at Hermione, and his smirk fell. "Someone take this mudblood away from my sister."

          "No." The fragile girl whispered, watching as Draco carefully helping Hermione to stand up. "'Mione..." She whispered.

          "Look at you." His finger caressed her cheek. "The princess, everyone's favorite, the one and only Anastasia Rosier being miserable. Finally, how I wanted to see you." Anastasia closed her eyes. "You know who would be surprised by this?" William smirked. "Imagine father's face when he sees that his favorite child was innocent after all this time."

          "Bring him." Bellatrix ordered at Wormtail, who nodded furiously and walked away.

          Anastasia sighed deeply as she shakily tried to stand up, but again, the bone wrenching pain took over body and shattered every bone. She felt daggers inside her skin, the sick sensation of her pale skin slowly turning dust and her body slowly losing all sense. Her body collided with the floor once more and she closed her eyes as she wished to be dead, she wished for the pain to stop. 

          "Leave her alone!" She heard Hermione's voice, making the pain slowly stop and her eyes to open instantly.

          "Oh, father and mother. Welcome to our party." William turned around at the sight of his parents, smiling mischievously.

          "William, you are—you are alive." Their mother smiled, hugging the boy and completely ignoring the girl laying in the cold floor.

          Draco managed to escape from his father's grip and kneeled next to her body. He chewed his lower lip as he searched for a sign of life coming from Anastasia, and when she looked at him, he brought her head to his chest and hugged her fragile body with care and love.

          "Don't be mistaken, mother." William laughed maniacally as he turned to face Anastasia. "See this? Well, your beloved daughter had been innocent all this time." He smiled. "And see this?" He rolled his sleeve up, showing them the hideous mark in his forearm. "See who was the traitor before."

          "William..." His father's lower lip trembled.

          "Yes, father." He nodded. "It was me who told the Dark Lord about my sister, I was the one who joined the Dark Lord for revenge."

          "Revenge?" He repeated.

          "Don't you think it hurt?" William yelled. "Of course it hurt seeing you giving this stupid girl everything! She was your everything! And I only was a mistake! The only thing I could do was swallow my pride and pretend I didn't hate you!" He exploded, pointing at the fragile girl in Draco's arms. "Oh, but don't worry, she is still your little princess."

          "I can't believe you did this." The man shook his head. "You were capable to hurt your own sister for this!"

          "Oh, don't act so surprised. I did this because I knew it would hurt you seeing her like this, because I don't matter to neither of you."

          "You completed your 'revenge', now stop William!" His mother yelled, looking at Anastasia holding onto Draco.

          "I won't stop until is only me. Until you learn to love me!" He yelled, turning around to face the girl. "Come here." He took her arm and pulled her up, ignoring her sobs of pain.

          "Don't touch her." Draco sneered, pointing his wand at the boy.

          "Or what?" William smirked.

          "He doesn't mean it." Lucius said, taking Draco's forearm and dragging him away.

          "No." Draco said. "If you hurt her, I won't hesitate to kill you."

          "I'm not afraid of you, Malfoy." He snapped and turned his head at Anastasia.

          "William," He looked down at the sound of Anastasia's weak voice. "Please. D—Don't"

          "Shut up." He sneered, holding her neck to face their parents.

          "Annie, don't worry. You'll be fine—" Her mother shakily smiled, taking her wand out.

          "Oh, she will be." William smiled. "But you two won't."

          As simple as those words, William took his wand out and pointed at his mother before muttering the horrible and clear words for the killing curse. The corpse of their once happy mother fell to the floor with a loud thud. Anastasia closed her eyes as she felt his brother pointing at their father, and when the words came out of his lips again, she knew she was completely alone.

          "Finally got rid of those two." William hissed, letting go of her body. Anastasia fell to the floor as she chewed her lower lip to suppress the tears. "Now," He turned to face her. "Your turn."

          "I want to see you try." Draco stepped forward, holding his wand up.

          But before he could say anything, they were interrupted by two more figures interrupting the scene.

          "Expelliarmus!" Ron yelled at William, causing his wand to fly away from his hand and to land in Harry's hand.

          "Stupefy!" Harry yelled at Bellatrix, and caught her wand instantly.

          "Expelliarmus!" Draco yelled as soon as he caught the sight of his father pointing his wand down at Hermione.

          "Draco." Lucius mumbled, completely bewildered by his son's actions.

          "Stop!" They all stopped as soon as they heard Bellatrix's voice. "Drop your wands." She threatened, holding a knight against Hermione's neck. "Pick them up, Draco. Now."

          Draco turned his head at Harry and Ron, and they nodded. The boy hesitantly took a step closer and took the wands, but when he quickly kneeled, Harry instructed him to take Anastasia to 12 Grimmauld Place. Draco nodded and turned his head at the fragile girl in the floor in a corner of the room.

          "Well, well, well..." Bellatrix smirked, looking at Harry. "Look who we have here. It's Harry Potter." Anastasia opened her eyes and looked at the two boys in the middle of the dark common room. "Whole bright shiny and new for the Dark Lord." She turned to Lucius. "Call him."

          Lucius walked to them and smirked as he rolled up his sleeve, Draco silently scooted closer to Anastasia and picked her fragile body in his arms without anyone's notice. But everyone stopped dead in their tracks at the sound of a faint noise in the ceiling. Suddenly, the chandelier fell from the ceiling and Ron stepped forward to take Hermione in his arms. Draco swallowed hard as he turned his head at Harry and threw the wands to him. Harry raised his arm and caught them in time, then nodded.

          "Take her!" He yelled at the Slytherin.

          Draco nodded and looked down at Anastasia, he pressed a kiss in her forehead and Apparated out of the horrible house he grew up in.

+++

I know this is kind of a plot twist and that Draco stays at the Malfoy Manor and he's kind of... a coward lol, but I'd like to see Draco in a different way that is not doing what his parents expect him to do.

I want him to think for himself for once, so this is why you see a more rebellious Draco in this chapter and probably the next ones.

Don't worry the original plot line from the books and movies won't change because of this.

Ps. Sorry for not posting before but school killed me and I was too lazy to watch the movie to write this but since I'm in a break now I can update more often. I promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 30 44
In a world ravaged by good and evil, those toeing the line find solace in nothing. Blood runs thicker than water, but is risking your life and liveli...
494K 8.8K 72
[𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✓] 『❝𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞,❞ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐦. ❝𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲�...
650 33 27
When strong emotions meet a dormant line of ancient magic that was thought to of gone extinct resurfaced along with the Dark Lord, everyone is on edg...
26.7K 980 32
𝗪𝗮𝗿 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝘅-𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗘𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝟯𝟬𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝘂𝗴�...