i. the dark lord

«   THE DARK LORD  »

The sun shone with all its power when Anastasia woke up feeling numb. Willow, the house elf, shyly knocked her door in an attempt to let her know her parents were waiting for her to eat breakfast together.

"Tell them I'm coming." She muttered but didn't move from the bed.

"Willow is wondering if something is wrong with Miss Rosier." The small creature asked, expecting a shout from the short-tempered girl, but for the surprise of the elf, Anastasia just half-smiled.

"I'm alright, Willow. I'll be down in a minute." This time, she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Willow will tell Mr. and Mrs. Rosier that Miss Rosier will be down in a minute."

The silence embraced Anastasia like an old friend. She turned around and looked outside from her balcony and admired the field in front of her. The feeling of emptiness was eating her alive, and there was nothing she could do to make it stop, no matter how much she tried.

She took her clothes and got ready to meet her parents and brother in the massive dining hall. Anastasia really wanted to let go what she was thinking, but her mind tricked her into thinking there was no exit to the dark thoughts she was recently having.

"Good morning, Anastasia." Her mother smiled, sitting right next to her husband. "Did you sleep well?"

Did she sleep well? Anastasia couldn't answer that with honesty, she didn't even sleep at all. Still, she answered, "Yes, mother. I did."

The Rosier's were one of the Sacred Twenty-Eight pure-blood families, therefore Anastasia grew up in the luxuries her parents gave her. But they were now a different family from the one the Ministry once knew, now the Rosier's were a family with thoughts of equality with blood status and had erased the idea of joining the dark side. Some people could call them the Good Ones, but they liked to say they were a normal family who was against the idea of killing muggle families.

"You look terrible, darling." Her father blurted out, causing her to look up at the man with his bright smile and beautiful eyes.

"Steffan!" Her mother exclaimed, giving the girl a reason to chuckle lightly. "She looks beautiful as always, don't listen to him, darling." Anastasia nodded and kept eating her breakfast.

"Good morning, everybody." William, her older brother, entered the dining hall with a bright and playful smile.

"William, I see you didn't bother to put proper clothes on." At his father's words, Anastasia smiled. "Take a seat, we've been waiting for you."

The breakfast went fast and a bit of fun, from Anastasia's point of view. She forced herself to escape as soon as she could since seeing her family so happy and her feeling so down made her feel intoxicated.

"The mail's here." William mumbled as he heard the family own fly past the big window.

Anastasia's heart skipped a beat at the sound of William's words. She perfectly knew the Dark Lord had sent her a letter to join his army, and she didn't want her parents to know anything about it.

"I feel sick; can I be excused?" She quietly asked, her heart beating fast and causing her hands to shake.

"Do you want me to call a Healer?" Her father asked, preoccupation taking over his features.

"No, father. I'm just dizzy." She half-smiled, looking at her family.

"Well, you can be excused." He nodded and she walked away from the dining room