Dr. Cashby [✔]

By sun_bean_

Austin Carlile is a young doctor at a very exclusive hospital (for souls) LOL!. He works his ass off so peopl... More

*Code of Dr.s, Patients, and Nurses, so you don't get confused*
Chapter One: Dr. Cashby
Chapter Two: Normal is For Stupid People
Chapter Three: Deals With Friends
Chapter Five: The Life Of A Bachelor
Chapter Six: The Devil's Playthings
Chapter Seven: Meet My Pitbull, Kil-Daisy...
Chapter Eight: Falling For Alan Anthony Ashby
Chapter Nine: Quid Pro Quid
Chapter Ten: I've Given Up
Chapter Eleven: Vegan
Chapter Twelve: It's Not Hopeless
Chapter Thirteen: The Distance Is Destroying Us
Chapter Fourteen: This Is A Hospital, Not A Whore House
Chapter Fifteen: The Inside Job
Chapter Sixteen: Hook, Line, And Sinker
Chapter Seventeen: Alan's Life-Lesson
Chapter Eighteen: The Downfall Of Us All
Chapter Nineteen: Heartbreak Warfare
Chapter Twenty: Cupcakes
Chapter Twenty One: Adam Elmakias
Chapter Twenty Two: The Letters
Chapter Twenty Three: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter Twenty Four: Losing The Bet
Chapter Twenty Five: When It Rains
Chapter Twenty Six: ...Larry?!
Chapter Twenty Seven: Über Gay
Chapter Twenty Seven: Josh's Discovery
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE. PLEASE READ
About The Sign Up
Chapter Twenty Eight: When You Love Josh...
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter Thirty: Final Chapter
Sequel/Kind of Not Really
Info on the sequel

Chapter Four: Flirtation Gets You Coke(ca-cola)

6.9K 247 98
By sun_bean_

POV Austin

Blood. Blood everywhere. On the walls, on the floor, on the bed, so much blood. Tino glanced at me nervously, but I brushed his hand away and stepped from Jaron's room. 

The images flashed in my mind making me sick; the crude writing on the wall reading: She Made Me Do It

I flinched back, dragging my hands along the halls to my office, trying not to get sick in the halls. I was called in at 2am, the worried voice of Tino telling me that Jaron had died. Jaron had killed himself. Jaron didn't have anyone, no family or friends to lean on or depend on, so that meant I didn't have to call anyone about the tragic accident, but that also made me sad, knowing no one knew. 

Jaron killed himself by cutting off his fingers and using them as paint brushes. He slit his major arteries and bled out. He killed himself. 

Just like Shayley.

I forced that thought away. No. Not just like Shayley. Shay's death was an accident and was definitely not suicide. 

I slumped in my desk, my head in my hands. Shit. I was about to punch my desk when I heard a small knock on my door. I didn't realize I was crying until I saw Alan's eyes connect with mine. 

"Oh, shit. Sorry." Alan mumbled, stepping back a bit. "I was just wondering why the cops are here-" 

I wiped my eyes quickly and ran my hand down my face, letting it rest over my lips. "Yeah, yeah. Take a seat." 

Surprisingly, Alan did as he was told. He shut the door with a kick and sat in front of my desk, giving me an odd look. I gave a shaky sigh. "As you know, you're not my only patient." I started, watching as Alan nodded. "You're one of three, Josh, you, and Jaron." I paused as I struggled to find the right words. "Out of you three, I feel extremely confident in saying that you are the most emotionally stable. Jaron, however, was not." 

"Was?" Alan whispered. I nodded, feeling more tears. 

"Yes, Jaron-Jaron died. A little over an hour ago." I felt myself mentally stutter over the images I saw in his room. "We believe he-" 

"There was so much blood." Alan whimpered. I glanced up quickly. 

"How do you know?"

Alan shuddered visibly. "I saw him as the paramedics pulled him from his room. So much blood-" Alan looked even more pale, but a sharp knock sounded on my door. "Shit! Austin, hide me please!" Alan hissed, scrambling about. "I don't want to go back to my room. Josh and Oli keep asking about it-I can't-I don't-" 

"Under my desk." I replied. Alan thanked me silently as he crawled under my desk. I rearranged my limbs so Alan was hidden. "Come-" I started, but the door opened anyway. 

Tino stood with another man. This one was dressed in dark blue scrubs, a slight smile on his face. 

"Austin, this is Jacob Garland. He's a friend of Dr. Mullins." 

I shook hands with the friendly seeming man, not standing from my desk. "Please, excuse my manners." I lied. "It's been a rough day." 

"I would imagine." Jacob said sadly. "Please, call me Jake." 

"Jake here is going to be Alan's temporary nurse." Tino told me. "Until you fully recover from Jaron's passing." 

I felt Alan's hand clench onto my knee causing me to squirm slightly. 

"Huh?" 

"Jake is going to be Alan's caretaker until you're ready." Tino explained. 

"No offense." I said smoothly, standing, forcing Alan's hand to slide down my leg and clamp onto my shin instead. "But I'm fully capable of taking care of Alan." 

"Mr. Ashby is in Mr. Garland's hands now." Tino ordered, causing me to clench my fist. "That's an order, not a request. Have you seen him? I was going to introduce him to Jake." 

I rolled my eyes, trying to keep my head. "He's probably in the bathroom." 

Tino nodded and gestured for Jake to follow him as he walked out of the room. I was about to sit when Alan bolted up and latched onto me tightly, whimpering and shaking. 

"No! I don't want another nurse!" He whined. I sighed, pulling Alan from me. 

"Listen-" 

"No! You listen!" Alan sputtered. "If-if I tell you everything about me, can I stay with you?" 

"It doesn't work that way." I said sadly. Alan let out a soft sob and he covered his mouth. 

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!" he growled. "Right when I let people in, they fucking leave! You're just like everyone else!" 

"Alan," I murmured, putting my hand on his shoulder. 

"Don't…fucking…touch…me." he hissed, shoving me away and racing from my office, causing a tear to roll down my cheek. Fuck. 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Austin, are you okay?" asked Dan carefully. I felt my mouth water slightly. 

"Oh, yeah. I'm okay." I sighed, placing my Pepsi bottle down on the table. Dan gave me a sympathetic smile. 

"We get off tonight. It's our weekend off, you know?" Dan reminded me. That was true. This weekend was Dan, Alex, and I's weekend off. Each weekend, we rotated the weekend off. This weekend was our weekend. Yay. Can you sense my excitement? -.-

Jenna would take Dan's patients, Matty would take mine, and Jeremy would take Alex's. 

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah." 

Dan nudged me and smiled gently. "Hey, I know you're feeling shitty about what happened to Jaron," I sucked in my cheeks, "you know, we're here to talk, if you want to." 

I nodded, appreciative of my friend. "Thanks." 

Dan nodded back at me and stood up. "Five more minutes." he cheered. "Let's go get Alex!" 

I grinned and stood, stretching slightly. "Alright-okay." 

I pulled on my jacket and grabbed my things before following Dan out of my room. Dan was whistling a small tune and I fell in step with him, walking to Alex's office. 

"Get off! I'm not like them!" screamed a familiar voice. My head perked up and I saw Alan pressed against the wall, two nurses cornering him, one being Jake, the other being Dean. Jake was rubbing his bruised jaw. Dan paused as well, wearily taking in the scene. "No! I don't need that!" 

Dean held a syringe in his hands and he was struggling to make it steady so they could inject Alan. 

"Alan, you have to calm down, you're too violent-" Dean muttered. 

"No! I didn't mean to hit him! Please! I don't want it!" Alan pleaded, writhing against the wall as the syringe was brought closer to his skin. 

"What's going on here?" I asked, stepping forward to intervene. Alan whimpered and slid down the wall, tears streaming down his cheeks. 

Jake turned to me. 

"Alan hit me when I mentioned you being his therapist." Jake sighed, showing me the side of his face for evidence. "And he got extremely violent, and Dean said to tranquilize him." I was about to shout at the nurses for causing Alan such grief, but Dan stopped me. 

"We only tranquilize them when they're physically incapable of stopping." Dan shook his head bitterly. I knew he hated the idea of drugging up patients, especially seeing how his patient Matt Barnes had a fear of drugs. "Alan's obviously frightened with the idea of being drugged. You're only making it worse." 

"He hit me." Jake said, sounding surprised. I narrowed my eyes. 

"So? You never threaten a patient with a tranquilizer. That's horrifically wrong! Not to mention, he was threatened and he reacted. Alan, come here." 

The young ginger scrambled to his feet and skittered to me, shaking and wiping at his face. "Come on. I'm taking you back to your room." I murmured. Dan nodded and followed me. Alan clenched onto my arm tightly and sniffled. 

"Why'd you hit Jake?" I asked gently as Dan walked on my side, his hands shoved into his pockets. 

"…he said something." Alan muttered, still not letting the vice grip on my arm up. 

"What'd he say?" I questioned. Alan frowned and let go quickly. 

"He said things about you and he called me names. And that's all I'm gonna say to you." Alan sneered. "You're not my nurse anymore. Why should I tell you about my problems? You're not my nurse anymore." he softened his voice. "You'll just leave me again.

We arrived at Alan's room and he paused. "Please, I'm scared to be alone with Jake." 

I sank my teeth into my lip and Dan sighed heavily. 

"I can ask Zack to keep an eye on Alan." Dan assured me. Alan let out a sigh of relief and thanked Dan before giving me a glare and disappeared into his room, slamming the door shut. 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

No one's POV

Danny Worsnop glared at his roommates, Ben Bruce and Tony Perry. He loved Ben and Tony's friendships, but right now, Sam was reading his journal entries, quietly and horrified at Danny's writing. Danny loved scaring Sam and Dr. Cassells. He knew that Dr. Cassells asked Sam to really try to connect with Danny, seeing how Danny wrote really disturbing poems and songs, but they didn't understand that it was all a joke to Danny; a game if anything. Both Ben and Danny thought it was hilarious. 

"Boy…you caught me redhanded. You've got no freaking clue what you just got yourself into." Sam murmured. Danny's eyes flashed. 

"I'm pretty sure it says fucking." Danny snapped. Sam shook his head in disbelief and Danny snatched the book from his nurse, flipped to a page and chucked it back at the poor man. "I wrote this one about the bullies. Why don't you read it out loud, word for word? It's pretty fucking perfect, if you ask me." 

Sam sighed softly. "Cross my heart, I hope you die, left by the roadside, karma's a bitch, right." Danny smirked at Sam's expressions, but Jaime, Tony's nurse, coughed into his hand. 

"Wow, that's pretty deep." 

"You have no fucking idea." Danny said sourly. Jaime's eyebrows raised, but stayed silent as Tony smirked at Danny. 

"I like it." 

"Thought you would, you adorable turtle. I wrote this one for my friends, you, Ben, every other insane soul here." He snatched the book from Sam and tossed it to Tony. "You're gonna like it. You're my friend, but these guys-" he gestured to the nurses. "this place, it's not my friend." Tony flipped through the book. "It's called The Match." 

Tony turned to the correct page and his smile grew as he read through the lyrical poem, his smile getting a little creepy as it was darkened by cruel undertones. Danny puffed out his chest as Tony chuckled. 

"What a beautiful notion a single action brings this city to motion." Tony muttered. "Ha! You all deserve to die. I like it." 

"I knew you would." Danny replied confidently. Tony passed Danny the notebook and Danny sighed loudly. "Mmm, I could really go for come coke." he joked, with laces of truth. He had been craving the drug for ages. Ben brightened. 

"Me too." 

"Ben-" Andy murmured sternly. Danny batted his eyelashes at Andy flirtatiously and puckered his lips. 

"Oh, Andy-Wandy. It's okay." he said winking slightly. "Benji didn't mean it. We're talking about Coca-Cola." 

Both Andy and Sam narrowed their eyes at Danny, but Danny winked in a nonchalant way. He missed drinking until he passed out and fucking any whore around him, but he had to follow the rules here. Anyway, when he got out of here, he'd just do it again until he died. 

'I am rock and roll.' he bitterly thought to himself. 'At it's fucking finest.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.6K 2.2K 34
Austin Carlile and Alan Ashby have been friends for awhile now, they have always been there for each other since day one. Will things change when one...
4.2K 195 13
Warnings: -Violence -Drugs -Self harm -Language -Possible smut Summary: Alan has just moved to a new town in hopes of starting a new life. Things...
47.6K 2.9K 35
Alan is a small, secretive ginger who seeks comfort from his best friend, Kellin, whenever things get tough at home. Austin is a brunette who can swe...
14.4K 390 17
(boyXboy) (Cashby) (Slight smut) It's Alan Ashby's first year of college. We all know that some interesting stuff happens at college, but who knew t...