You're Not My Flavor

By MADcreations

**Sequel to Bite Me** "So, here I am, working as an island and hotel resort manager, without a shirt, skippin... More

You're Not My Flavor
Bart's Back Baby, And Better Than Ever!
The New Tour Guide Hates Me-I Think
Breaking Up With Tatiana-Even Though We Weren't Dating In The First Place
Sandcastle Wars And A Huge Surprise
The Harris Family...
The Adventures of Bart and His Monkeys
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like A Family Reunion
I Told Charles There Would Be Revenge
A Start Of A Creepy Looking Mystery
Never Trust Guys In Ties
Acting Like A Ninja Helps You Solve Crimes...Most Of The Time
A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do
I've Got The Power...Well, Not Anymore
Hiding Out In The Village
Silent As Rhinos
The Wonderful Things You Can Find In An Airport
There's Been A Guy In A Tie That I've Been Trusting All Along
Not Many People Get Kidnapped In An Airport
Spinning Around In Circles
Chill Those Pants of Yours
A Surprise Nobody Saw Coming
White Dress Cake Mess
This Is The End...Or Is It?

The One Person I Hate More Than Tatiana

34.8K 1K 128
By MADcreations

i'm really sorry for not uploading lately, guys. it's just that i've been sooooo busy with student co, homework, and other things. D:  super bowl is going on right now. GO GIANTS!!! i'm not a huge fan of them, but i would rather have them win than the patriots. so, i guess you guys can call this your super bowl present. :D oh, and some of you have been commenting about nora and charles, how they have KIDS. :D trust me, you WILL be seeing more of them and the kids, as well as clinton, nell, henry, edward and all those people. :D

Chapter Three-The One Person I Hate More Than Tatiana

“So, that would be the end of the tour. Any questions?”

Harley shakes her blonde head. “Nope. Thanks for showing me around the island.”

“No problem.” I wink as I drive the hotel jeep back to the resort. We arrive in awkward silence, and I yank the keys out of the jeep. “Come on, let’s go inside.”

She quietly follows me back into the hotel, and we head over to the front desk. The only difference is that she walks over there casually, and I take a running start before sliding onto the big desk.

Gina, one of the ladies who works the front desk, scowls, but it’s playful. “Whad’ya want Bart?” Gina’s in her thirties, more like a mother to me. She’s married and lives on the island here with her husband and one year old son.

“Mint Mentos and diet coke.”

She wags her finger at me, a real scowl on her face now. “Not again. I told you no more soda explosions.”

“Why? The guests love them.” I whine.

“No, Bart.” Her eyes flicker over to the awkward standing girl next to me, and she immediately reaches out her hand. “I’m Gina.”

Harley takes her hand. “Harley, new tour guide.”

Gina brightens up. “Fantastic! I’m sure you’ll love it here, I know I do.”

“Gina, we need to get her the keys…” I trail off.

She knows exactly what I’m talking about. “Be right back.” She wonders into Mitch’s office, and seconds later reappears with a set of dangling keys. “Here you go, Harley.”

Harley takes the keys and stuffs them in her pocket. “Thank you.” Without letting them say anymore, I grab onto Harley’s hand.

“Bye Gina!”

“Don’t severely injure anyone!” She calls out to us with a teasing tone.

“No promises!”

I pull Harley into the elevator, hitting the basement button. The basement is where the employees go for breaks, meetings, and naps. Well, the last one is mostly me, since I get bored easily.

We enter the basement, and Harley looks around. There’s some couches in the corner with a TV, a kitchen, some video games, and a couple tables. The room is brightly colored for some wacky reason, and the fluffy carpet is pink. 

“Come on, Harley, you ready for some fun?” I start making racecar noises and drive myself over to the kitchen. My back’s turned from her so I can get what I need.

“But don’t I have to work?”

“Actually, you have a week before starting. Mitch’s orders; you need to try out the activities we have to offer around the island, and plus, you need to get use to the trails for being a tour guide. Some tour guides tour around the shops and stuff like that, while others do the hiking tours and trails. You usually switch every week.”

I grab some diet coke from the fridge, and mint Mentos I got from a shop yesterday. I turn around to see Harley watching me suspiciously. “Didn’t Gina say-”

“Gina says lots of things.” I cut her off easily. “Like how she thinks swans can turn navy  purple at 1 in the morning.”

“What?”

“Purple is royalty. Keep up, Harley.” I cluck my tongue at her. “Come on, let’s go back upstairs.”

She follows, still thinking about what I said before. “You’re really random, huh?”

“I was dropped a lot when I was a baby.” I shrug, hitting the lobby button. “What can I say?”

She actually laughs this time, her eyes sparkling. Huh, her eyes are really pretty when she smiles…The doors open and Harley’s just about to step out, but I yank her back in. “No, not yet. We can’t have Gina see us. I’ll take the lead from here, Co-pilot Harley.” I whisper in a hushed tone, then do a summer salt out of the elevator, humming the Mission Impossible theme song.

I hear a giggle behind me. “You’re insane.”

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out.”

I keep my eyes locked on the front desk, but move over to where the couches are. A man who’s reading a newspaper sits there, and I quickly take his paper out of his hands, covering my face with it. I hear a snort of laughter, coming from Harley, sounding like she can’t keep it in. 

“Dun, dun, DUN, DUN.” I do another summer salt, then crawl on the floor, Harley behind me. I then start using my hands to drag myself into the middle of the floor, using the newspaper to cover my head. “Okay, Agent Harley-”

“I thought I was Co-pilot Harley?”

“Same thing. We have gotten this far. We have five seconds to activate the bomb. Are you ready?” I use my most serious tone I can muster.

She nods, playing along. “I think I’m ready.”

“Wrong answer.” Going as fast as I can, I twist the bottle of soda open, positioning it right in the middle of the lobby. I get some weird stares from people walking by, but hey, I’m use to it. “We have five seconds to run as fast as we can before the bottle explodes. When I say ‘chicken fried noodles’ we will run. We will run faster than the wind. Understand?”

She nods, trying to hide her smile. “I understand.”

“Good.” I rip open the packet of Mentos, dropping them all into the bottle. “CHICKEN FRIED NOODLES!” I jump up, abandoning my poor cover up newspaper, and run with Harley. “FIRE IN THE HOLE!” I dive onto the hard floor, covering my head with my hands. Harley copies me, only she doesn’t dive onto the floor like me. She simply just lays down, glancing back at our soda bomb. 

The soda explodes into the air, spraying near by civilians. Some laugh, some scowl, some curse, but either way, it’s hilarious. Harley bursts out into laughter as she sees a little kid go over to the fountain of soda and try to drink it. His mom pulls him away though, scowling. 

Elena comes out then, cursing and yelling in Spanish. I’ve actually picked up a few words from her, so I hear her say, ‘now…need…clean up…this…BART!’ And some other curse words. 

“Run!” We both jump up, laughing our heads off, and head out till we hit the sandy beach. We take a couple of minutes to catch our breath, sharing the same grins. “See what I mean about fun?”

Her grin gets wider. “That was hilarious.”

I wink. “Stick with me kid, and I’ll show you the ropes.”

“What do we do next?” She asks, her eyes scanning the beach horizon.

“Maybe-”

I’m a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world

Life is plastic, it’s fantastic

You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere

Imagination, life is your creation

Come on Barbie, let’s go party

I fumble for my phone in my pocket, hitting the talk button. “Thank you for calling Target. We have a 50% off sale going on when you buy two jars of pickles. My name’s Bart, how may I help you?”

Harley slaps a hand over her mouth to keep in her laughter. “Bart? I’m sorry for hanging up on you. Damn Charles.”

I laugh. “It’s fine. I have to call you back though, I’m kinda busy at the moment.”

“Well, what is it then? Are you kinda busy or are you just plain busy?”

“Nora, I’m with Harley right now, I need to go-”

“HARLEY! HARLEY! I WANT TO SPEAK TO HER! OH COME ON, BART-”

I see Harley raise her eyebrows suspiciously, but she has a smile on her face. “Who is that?”

Nora’s voice gets louder. “HARLEY! I’M GOING TO BE YOUR SISTER-IN-LAW-” I hit the end button quickly, shoving the phone back into my pocket.

“Ignore her. That was just my brother’s wife. She’s trying out for a part on Desperate Housewives.”

“Oh…”

I grab her hand, leading her towards the beach. “Come on, young one. We need to explore some more.” I take her over to the salty waters, but I freeze once I see what-more specifically, who-is over there.

She sees my sudden halt. “Why’d you stop?”

“Barbie Doll is over there.” I hiss, my eyes narrowing into slits. “Come on, let’s go before he sees us. Make no sudden movements, he can detect them.”

“Oh, hey Bart!”

My eyes snap over to the grinning idiot. “Stay still, maybe he won’t see us.”

“Bart! Hey, Bart!”

“Epic fail.” I mutter under my breath, leading Harley over to the Barbie doll. “This guy gets on my nerves, and trust me, that’s not easy to do.” I tell her through my fake smile once we reach him.

Ken Disk grins and hops off his lifeguard post. Ken works as a mechanic around the island, but he also has many little jobs here and there. Being a lifeguard is one of them. Ken, so to say, thinks he’s perfect. He’s one of those ‘perfect’ people. They have the perfect life, perfect job, perfect house, perfect looks. You keep trying to search for the one flaw that they have, but no matter how long you dig around, you just can’t seem to find one.

I can’t stand these type of people.

Ken’s even worse that Tati, and it annoys the hell out of me. I know that Tati does have a flaw; it’s singing. She can’t sing or dance for the life of her. One time, we had a karaoke party for the employees only. She decided she was going to be the first singer, and sing Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I swear to you, the glass of Sprite I was drinking, cracked.

Ken, is what I like to call, the Barbie Doll. As you know, there’s a Barbie doll named Ken. He has no flaws whatsoever. Ken reminds me of the doll, hence the nickname, Barbie Doll. He even looks like the doll-same slick, brown hair, and green eyes. He works out a lot, so he’s in shape, but since I’m the one with the vampire skills, I could take him down any day. Even without the skills I could take him down to China town. Trust me, I’ve come close.

Ken’s emerald eyes flicker over to Harley’s. “And who is this pretty, little lady you got here?”

“Harley. She’s the new tour guide.” I answer in a mumble. Even his voice is perfect. 

“Harley,” He tests the name out in a purr, “I like it.” He reaches for her hand, then gives it a kiss, and I silently ignite into flames. “I’m Ken.”

She nods, awkwardly taking her hand back. “Uh-huh.”

“We were just leaving-”

“Why? It’s a sunny day out. Well, it always is.” He gives a hearty laugh. “Please, stay.”

“Actually, if you didn’t already hear me, we are leaving-”

“Well, actually,” He mimics my tone with a smile, “Tati’s looking for you. Why don’t you go find her, and I’ll keep Harley here company. It’s no problem.”

I curl my fists at my sides, narrowing my eyes. “Fine.” I turn to Harley. “You’ll be okay, right?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” She gives me a smile, and for some weird reason, I relax a little.

Ken snakes an arm around her shoulders, and my muscles tighten again. “Yeah, go find your girlfriend. We’re alright here.”

“She’s not my girlfriend.”

He gives me a grin. “That’s not what Tati says.”

I do an annoyed sigh. “It’s just a fantasy in her little mind of hers. But I’ll go find her. I’ll see you later, Harley.”

Harley nods, offering another smile. “Bye, Bart.”

Using his free hand, the one that’s not suffocating Harley in his awful plastic smell (you know, since he’s a Barbie doll and everything) that’s around her shoulders, he tries to give me a handshake. I ignore it though, and spin on my heels, marching back into the hotel.

Fantastic, now I need to deal with Tatiana. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 16 14
You live in a world of rich and you were forced to be married to a man for the sake of the (Y/L) Family Corporations. (sorry If I used the wrong gend...
9.8K 360 32
Jessica (24), was working her ass up, being in the position where she is right now. Fate brought them together as Brent (28), took over his granddad...
14.6K 2.2K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...