Nothing Wrong With Being a To...

Av Dostomozartsky

People say that love is in every corner... looks like Riley's been walking in circles. You see, Riley is a pr... Mer

Chapter 1: Bats, Punches, and Crushes
Chapter 2: Overconfident Tomboy
Chapter 3: Deal With an Imp ✔
Chapter 4: First Date ✔
Chapter 5: Little Did He Know ✔
Chapter 6: Riley Benjamin Doesn't Blush
Chapter 7: Weak Truth
Chapter 8: The Tomboy, the Player & the Wardrobe
Chapter 9: Cupid Takes Over
Chapter 10: A Night to Remember
Chapter 11: Lost in Our Hands
Chapter 12: Bad News, Good Miseries
Chapter 13: Crushed From Rolling in Woe
Chapter 14: Shanghaied By Feelings
Chapter 15: Lies and Other Agonies
Chapter 16: Loss of Bravado
Author's Note: Please Read
Chapter 17: A Drop of Love in the Ocean Of Hopelessness
Chapter 18: The Word Left Unsaid
Chapter 19: New Start; New Costume
Chapter 20: In Your Deadly Arms
Chapter 21: Rout Even
Chapter 23: Throwaway Twofold
Chapter 24: Fraidy-cat's Nods
Chapter 25: Through Gardenias
Chapter 26: Soppy Hearts
Chapter 27: Better, Restored, Lovelier
Chapter 28: Ringed Happy Luck of Ours
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End
Acknowledgments

Chapter 22: Going Out of My Head

41.5K 919 151
Av Dostomozartsky

There was a creak that summoned my sentient alert and attention. Flapping my heavy eyes open, a slight yawning moan made its way outside my mouth and whirled free inside the white walled manly room. The sun shone through a window that hid behind the double bed that I had the pleasure to rest in. And overall, I had lost my sense and vague memories of where I was, came to me in a rush.

Creak!

Belatedly, I sat upright and rubbed my temples. Looking sideways, I vaguely remembered that I never went home… that I slept between Andrew’s arms. The reminiscence made my heart flutter and my stomach twist in a blissful harmony.

He carried me to his bed? Did he…? Did we…?

Hastily, I checked if I had my undies on and thankfully, I did. Smiling relieved, I rubbed my eyes and yawned one more time. As I run my fingers through my tangled hair, a sneeze whistled out. My lungs tickled, beckoning a raspy and hurtful cough.

“Finally,” a deep and hoarse voice boomed throughout the doorway. “It was about time. You’re late for your first day of work, Miss Benjamin.”

Recognizing his voice, I sharply fixed my mess of a hair and checked my breath. It was of no use… I had a rotten breath. It was like I ate a dead pink pony and its decayed flesh got stuck between my teeth. I rubbed my face one more time before turning my gaze to the booming voice.

“I’m just kidding. It’s Saturday,” the plenteous figure full of masculinity roared in laughter.

My eyes widened and quickly I covered my eyes. “Oh, Yoda! Please, put a shirt on!”

Warm chuckles reverberated throughout the room and I quickly made a hole between my fingers, to see him shaking his head with a smirk. “Bad timing, I guess.”

“Y-yes! Yes! Yes! Bad timing!”

“I didn’t plan to get out of shower just when you woke up so stop being so childish, Riley.”

The way he uttered my name made me lower my hands and watch his splendor while my inner system of self-control wrecked down. A violent swirl of blood rushed up to my cheeks where it erupted in a red blushing. My breath quickened as my eyes roamed all up to his wet curls that dangled just above his brows. Then, they glided slowly to stop at his shining chestnut brown eyes, to continue gliding down past his wet sensual lips and his swaying Adam’s apple, to halt at his virile chest and inviting torso. I did not dare to lower my gaze but I stole a quick glance of his white towel wrapped around his waist, revealing his pelvic bones spotting out just above the hem of the towel; and lastly, I did not forget to see the drops of water sliding down on his hairy and robust legs.

“Riley?” his husky and breathtaking voice was the cherry on top.

A cherry on top of a sexy and perfectly made ice-cream that no one will refuse to eat—oh, stop yourself, Riley!

“Uhm—da-la-la?” my broken voice and illogical sense spewed out.

“Close your mouth, I can see that you haven’t brush it,” Andrew chuckled and started to dry his dusky curls with another matching towel.

Immediately, I closed my jaw, biting my own tongue in the process. But I held a moan of pain inside my chest—where my heart hastily pumped blood to preserve the blushing.

“In another moment, I would’ve said that you could have your day off. But I just received an important call, and I need you to accompany me to an appointment. Oh, and—,” he suddenly stopped his pace and eyed me with a frown. “Aren’t you going to write that down? Where is your agenda?”

Stuttering, I glanced elsewhere but him, trying to forget about the Adonis that stood in front of me. “I-I-I left it home…”

“You don’t have one, do ya?” his perfectly outlined brow rose, making his features and smirking look appealing.

I was going to open my mouth and protest, but it was too late. My gaze landed on him and I was swept off my feet.

“You pouted,” he smirked and continued to walk towards his mahogany drawers, “you always pout when you lie.”

“I don’t—“

He snapped his eyes to mine while he narrowed them, daring me to continue my fib as a grin grew larger every second. My gaze fell, not resisting a tad more of the intense feeling that exploded inside my gut. There was no denying, I was totally and utterly attracted to Andrew. And the question was… why didn’t I felt this before?

Guess the saying is right: you never know what you have till you lose it.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized and glanced back at his smirk.

“Very good. Now, what are you doing sitting there? It’s seven in the morning and I need you to get me my coffee and suit.”

Puzzled, I looked at him weirdly, not knowing what to do. He let out a loud, exasperated sigh and lectured me. “You’re an assistant. You supposed to be making my life easier—coffee, writing important things down, reminding me of appointments, choosing my wardrobe and helping me in every need. Now get off my bed and start your work.”

“But it’s—“

“No! It’s not your day off if you want a good pay,” he already answered my interrupted question. “We have twenty minutes to leave, I suggest you to open my closet and bring me an outfit.”

How am I supposed to do—agh!

Swiftly, I flew off the bed and ran inside his closet. Big, luxurious, and full of expensive clothes was an understatement for that ‘closet’. The walk-in closet felt like a lavish boutique for men!

“Um… let’s see,” I murmured trying to choose a good suit for him.

A grey one caught my attention and it was strategically hanged just in front of me. Grabbing its hanger and running back to the room, I stumbled however I managed not to trip over. “Here,” I said but quickly, I gasped and covered my eyes with the suit.

The image swirled and harassed my every thought. Andrew. In briefs boxers. Sexiness. And muscles.

“Hmm…” he moaned pensively as he leisurely clutched he hanger, “good choice.”

“Uh…”

“Let go of the hanger, Miss Benjamin,” I could sense amusement behind his tone and so, I let go.

I couldn’t blink neither could I breathe. He was beautiful... alluring… handsome.

“Now the coffee and start writing down everything I say,” he saw my awestruck stance and bellowed, “Get going, Miss Benjamin. We don’t have all day!”

 Quickly and edgily, I ran to the kitchen and tried to decode the costly and complicated coffee maker. But I managed it and just when the strong and alluring scent smacked my nose, I heard his husky voice roar.

“There’s food on the table, just sit and wait for me,” he ordered, fairly annoyed.

Swallowing my pride and obeying, I went to the wooden dining table and drew a chair to sit on. I sighed while I drummed my fingertips against the surface. Glancing at the big paper bags with Joelle’s logo on it, I kept the urge of devouring its inside. Could it be hash browns and fried eggs with bacon? By the scent it sprouted I just knew I wouldn’t be disappointed.

“I granted that Jason MacPherson would be a cranky old man, but I’m just surprised to know that he’s a couple of years younger than me,” Andrew rambled while he made a knot with his tie.

I don’t know why but every movement he made to fix his white dressing blouse and black tie germinated a securing sense that heated my insides. Captivatedly, I just stared straight at his presence. I couldn’t look away as he continued to talk muted words and to walk through the room. In the middle of his pace, he grabbed a control remote and pressed something that made music blast from the speakers. Toning the rock music down, he continued to move his lips… oblivious to my constant staring. 

His lips…

I thought he was going to kiss me yesterday… but in the end, the thought of not stopping him a year ago, made my stomach churn and my heart twist. That’s why maybe he forgot about me.

Maybe? Of course, he did! He already has a date with Lora, who am I going to kid?!

“…The stakes are running high with such a percentage…” those were a few words that I was able to seize as I kept memorizing every detail of his body.

He went to an end table before drawing a chair in front of me and sitting down. “I assumed you had a pathetic notepad so I want you to write in this agenda from now on… starting now.”

Andrew placed a mint-colored meeting agenda, separating the space between me and the paper bags. “Wow,” I sighed contently as I clutched it and the integrated purple pen, “Mr. Lukewood, thank—“

“No, just do your job, Miss Benjamin. Now, for nine o’clock we’ll meet Jason MacPherson for a meeting. I was planning to meet him with Tuck but I don’t find it necessary.”

As he opened the paper bag and took delicious food out of it, I wrote everything that his pretty mouth said, making doodles and scribbles for better effect. My stomach growled, which made him stop talking and he handed me a bag. “Thanks,” I offered a smile which he didn’t return.

“Now, at three call Teresa to inform the chairman that the stocks are higher,” he continued, not even bothering to look at me. “At ten, I have an out-of-office appointment with Lora O’Farrell at the Tourllie.”

I nearly let the pen slip out of my fingers as sweat poured out of me. My eyes staring directly at his, but he never looked at me—he just continued to look at his food, checking and preparing it to eat. “A date?”

His bacon strip was halfway to his mouth when he abruptly stopped, to snap his stunned gaze to mine. A smirk curled the corner of his upper lip upwards, enhancing his handsomeness. “As I said, it’s an out-of-office appointment.”

Nodding nervously, I looked down at the illegible page and wrote it down. “Riley,” Andrew sighed, “as my assistant, you have access to every single thing in my account but apart from that, there’s a thin line between work and personal life.”

“That comes from the boss who lets his assistant sleep in his bed,” I said it a bit too loud, although I intended to ‘think before talking.’ Yeah… it’s not working.

“Yes, it comes from the boss who has uncertain and unprofessional outlooks towards his assistance—who’s more than an acquaintance,” he replied quite icily.

With a lungful inhale of the heated and thick air, he sipped his coffee and continued to eat. And I did the same, inhaling the intense air and gnawing down my food. “I didn’t mean to sound ungrateful,” I started saying weakly and afraid, tired of the acerbic and sharp silence between us.

“Ungrateful or not at least I have a clear conscience,” he spat, chewing bacon and downing his coffee. “I want you to note everything that MacPherson says. He’s a prominent man of business and I want his products to supply raw material to us.”

“Which is?” I trailed off, absently smiling at the thought of growing up to be talking about business.

“Organic fruits. It’s a small farm which his family owns and he’s doing the agreements with other companies. I want mine to be the first.”

I chuckled lightly, closing my eyes and imaging for a second, the funny and ridiculous Andrew that used to call me Butch, sitting in front me with a goofy face. But the blissful images were torn apart from my imagination as he spoke, “What are you thinking?”

I opened up my eyes to see him staring at me curiously. “That you’ve changed so much,” I blurted out.

“People change.”

“Bull crap.”

“Riley,” he warned. “Why do you have to say things like that—push my buttons?”

“Because I hate to see you treating me like I’m crap—trash!”

He abruptly rose from the chair. “Then what the hell do you want from me?! Ah? What more can you probably want from me?”

Dumbfounded, I left my mouth ajar; no word dared to puff out of it.

Andrew ran his large hand through his face and all the way up through his curly hair. “Just take a shower and get dressed with the clothing I left hanging behind the door.” He saw my stern glare and added, sighing, “Please.”

I stood up and marched to his bathroom. Inside, I broke down and tears rolled down freely. Turning on the shower and slipping in, I cried as if I was heartbroken. And I was… I was heartbroken. Even though we weren’t something, I knew I messed things up big time. I let go of Andrew and now, selfishly I want him back.

After the long shower, I looked at my reflection and accused her of being a selfish brat. “You’re just like a kid, Riley,” I scolded her just like he scolded me.

Swiftly, I put on the conservative dress and feminine suit jacket. It irked me to the core to wear this kind of outfit but I knew that sooner or later I had to give up my style to work. I could deal with the creamy white dress but I hated the fact that Andrew chose black spaghettos or stilatos to match the jacket. I looked too professional for my taste—for my tomboy style and unique personality.

Wobbling as I took a step, I tried to replay every movement I took when I was in Maui—when I was going to attend Mrs. Lukewood’s party. That brought a smile to my face. It was the first time I kissed somebody—the first time I kissed Andrew. That’s when it hit me. He was always there… we were always together. It was as if destiny tied us together and he patiently waited for me to acknowledge him but I just looked away instead. Now I’m paying for my decision.

Oh dear Yoda, I could totally watch a Star Wars movie right now…

I supported myself on the counter and looked straight at me. Drops dripped from my damped hair down to my jacket’s shoulder, mouth quirked up in memories, eyes glazed off to the past.

Suddenly, I felt determined to make the best of it. If Andrew wanted the best impartial assistant of the world, then he’s gonna get her. A smirk softened my dull and sunken face as I made a tight bun on my hair. It was kinda messy but it looked professional. Thankfully, there was no makeup so I had a good excuse.

And hell, I wasn’t going to change myself for a stupid job!

With feigned poised, I stalked out of the bathroom and went to his nightstand, picking up the phone. After calling the operator, I ordered a taxi and Teresa to tell her the current status with the stocks. She cooed awkwardly and hit on a couple of pickup lines but I took it with humor since she knows my interest in our hot boss.

Staring down at the nightstand’s surface, I toyed with the comfortable ring that surrounded my finger. I was so used to it that I even forgot I wore it. Seldom times I fidgeted with it and remembered. And now, now I wanted him to give to me but with a real meaning behind it. I tugged it off and placed it right in front of the phone’s charger. Then, I saw the dangling bracelet with the baseball charm; I decided to keep it so he’ll have to deal with it.

“Miss Benjamin!” he hollered, “We’re going to be late!”

Closing my eyes and breathing in and out, I told myself, “You can do this, Riley. Be the best assistant at day, be the same ol’ me at night.”

Double life… just freaking, stinking, yodeling great!

I made my way down to the kitchen, ignoring the constant glare I felt in the back of my neck. Hearing the heels click behind me was the most annoying sound, yet I managed to pretend that I was a comrade with the sound, not a foe. “We still have time—fifteen minutes to be exact. Oh, Mr. Lukewood, at midday the chairman wanted you to accompany him in Green Stands golf club, so I scheduled to Monday. Is that good?”

While I informed him, I picked up my agenda and walked to his side. Boldly looking at him like he was just a mere officious boss, I held his stunned stare. He nodded holding back a smirk. “It’s fair enough.”

In his right hand, he clasped a remote control and he stared at me as if he didn’t expect this reaction. Or maybe it was the clothes? In the middle of my debate, oldies music romantically blared from the speakers. The song was just awkward and unnecessary—especially in a time like this.

‘Can’t take my eyes off you…’ the trio sang harmoniously, ‘Going out of my head over you…’

He cleared his throat uncomfortably and turned the stereo off. “I like oldies,” he lamely said before tossing the control to a chair.

“After you, Mr. Lukewood,” I pointed to the doorway and he nodded before taking off.

After we got down to the lobby, he walked through the room as if he owned the entire building—the entire city. Looking straight ahead with his chin held high and authoritative posture, everything about him screamed power. Even a glance of his side left girls, standing sideways, swooning over him.

When we crossed the doors and stepped outside the building and into the hectic and busy city, Andrew cursed under his breath, fishing for his phone inside his pocket. “Mr. Lukewood,” I caught his glance, “there’s a taxi waiting for us.”

I nodded towards the taxi parked aside us and he slowly widened his eyes in surprise while he stopped dialing some number on his phone. He narrowed his eyes at me as he walked towards the cab and said, “Well enough.”

Rolling my eyes at his broad back, I followed him and climbed inside the cab. “Where to?” asked the foreigner taxi driver.

“To Pangol—“

“Pangola four street, please,” I cut him in.

“Will you let me pay the man, at least, Miss Benjamin?” Andrew snarled at me through clenched teeth.

“Fair enough,” I shrugged nonchalantly and opened up my agenda to write more things down.

I could sense he was fuming at my sarcastic mimic of him, but I cared less of his thoughts. That hurt I felt that I lost any sense—I just wanted to be somebody else for a couple of hours. Somebody cold, impartial, and proficient.

“…The twenty-seventh might be a good day to present the project and meet Tuck. We can arrange a new date for the promoting meeting, can’t we?” I went on, with my business etiquette at top notch.

Andrew just narrowed his eyes at me and nodded his head slowly. “Where did you learn all that? I mean… it is quite difficult to know so much about our company in one day.”

“Before you called me, Mr. Lukewood, I was reading a few reports and folders of the company. I fell asleep, then you called me—oh, we’re here,” I chirped and opened the cab door to flee rapidly.

“Keep the change,” I faintly heard Andrew’s voice as I waited for him to close the cab door.

Walking side by side, we reach the earnest shop and entered. There was a man bidding orders to random employees as he gave his back to us. Stacks of boxes were piled aside of us and people emerged from doors as they quickly disappeared. “When do the oranges come, Willis?”

“Twenty minutes, sir,” the employee with a wooden box in hands replied.

“Good! That’s what I want to see,” the man with a resonating voice chuckled back. “Now let’s get moving, people! I want those strawberries out in their respective places!”

“Ahem,” Andrew cleared his throat, which caught the man’s attention and he turned to us. “Is Jason MacPherson around here? I will like to see him.”

“You’re looking at him right now. Nice to meet you,” the kind man lowered his hand to shook Andrew’s. There was a familiarity with his voice but the red cap of his family’s company—MacPherson’s—blocked the view of his face.

“A pleasure,” Andrew shook his head. “I’m Andrew Lukewood, and she’s my assistant, Riley Benjamin.”

When the man drifted his head to see me, I caught a glimpse of red strands of hair. “Cleveland-yo-girl?”

The word seemed familiar, and I quickly remembered the redheaded man I stumbled with, days ago. “Uh,” I was caught off guard for a moment. I swiftly glanced at Andrew who frowned at me, obviously waiting an explanation, and then back at the ginger whose cap only allowed me to see his warming grin. “I’m Riley, sir,” I extended my hand to shake it.

He abruptly slapped my hand away and squeezed me in a strong hug. “Look how destiny works!” he said laughing as I choked for air.

“Hey!” Andrew started loud and icily before smoothing his voice, “She needs air.”

“Oh,” MacPherson apologized, “Sorry! Didn’t mean to squash Cleveland-yo-girl.” He directed his eyes back on me while he took his cap off. “I didn’t even recognize you in that outfit and without your Cleveland cap. So… your name’s Riley?”

“Yes, sir,” I nodded.

“Cut the sir! Please call me Jason,” he smiled kindly at me.

“Ahem!” Andrew cleared his throat angrily while a smirk slipped through my lips. “I’m glad to see that you’ve met my assistant. Now, can we talk about business—maybe show me around?”

 Jason formed a ‘O’ with his lips as he nodded. “Sure thing! We can go to my office if you like. But I’m afraid that if you want to see the excellence of our work, you have to go to the farm. I’m sure you can come sometime—it’s a killer view,” he ended gazing at me with a smile as I nodded.

“I would love to,” I replied, fairly aware that it sounded just like he asked me out on a date.

“Mr. MacPherson, will you excuse me? I’ll have a word to discuss with my assistant,” Boba’s voice restrained anger—maybe jealousy.

I hope so!

Jason nodded playfully, and asked: “Will you guys like a cup of juice? We make the best orange juice!”

“Sure,” Andrew replied in my place. When Jason took off, Boba clasped my arm possessively and pulled me closer to him. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?! This is a business meeting not a party! And from where the hell do you know him, Riley?!”

Cocking my head to the side, I smiled at him, “I met him a couple of days back in the uni. He’s a nice guy, isn’t he?”

Andrew’s eyes narrowed and he clearly could see the amusement behind mine. “Fine enough,” he released me and gave me his back.

By the time Jason came, we were already glaring at each other. “Sorry to interrupt a match of stares,” he joked as he handed us the cups. “You’ll taste the quality. I bet!”

Indeed, it was delicious and my taste buds could already imagine how good the ice-cream could taste with such good quality materials. “Delicious!”

“Thank you,” he gave me a courtesy nod and smiled.

“Exactly, that’s why we have to sit down and discuss some deals, Jason,” added Andrew as he crushed the cup with antagonism. “The two of us… alone.

Jason nodded and said, “Kay, let’s go to my office.”

“Stay here, Riley,” ordered Boba, before turning his back to me to follow Jason.

I did my best to remain un-bored as I waited for them to finish. After an hour, they come back, laughing and chatting casually.

Andrew got ‘im, didn’t he? I thought as I smirked at my efficient boss.

“We should, Jason, we should go to see the game sometime soon,” Andrew chuckled as they reached where I stood.

“Yeah, man, and Riley should join us… maybe today?” Jason offered a smile as I nodded.

“Jason, I—“

“Maybe some other time,” Boba interrupted me as he hooked his elbow with mine and dragged me to the exit. “Thank you for your time, Jason. Say hello to your parents!”

“Sure will! Take care! See you soon, Riley,” Jason hollered behind us.

As Andrew pulled me out of the building, I fixed my dress and jacket. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“This is not the time to be cussing, Miss Benjamin. We have a meeting to attend, that’s why I did what I did,” as soon as he finished his statement, he ignored me and whistled for a taxi.

One pull closer to the sidewalk and Andrew began to stalk towards it while I kept looking at him with my mouth hanging open. “Riley! Let’s go!”

“No!” when that monosyllable entered into Andrew’s hearing perimeter, he stopped and turned around with a deep scowl.

“What?!”

“Now you have an out-of-office date with Lora. What am I supposed to be doing there? Write down every flirt?!”

Oh, I admit that I’m jealous… I’m very, very jealous. Especially when all I can think of is how he once told me that he loved me and I… I turned him down.

“Get inside the cab, now, Miss Benjamin!” he bellowed, pointing towards the cab and holding the door open for me.

Defeated, I started to run to him.  Bad idea. Me plus high heels, plus running, equals a bad injury.

  Just when I was near the cab, the heel got stuck amid a gap that sneakily waited for a prey in the midst of the asphalt. I tripped forward, and my eyes widened as the only sight that loomed was the cab’s yellow color before everything went black. I literally saw stars scolding at me while they floated over me.

Soon, un-lady-like curses rushed out of my mouth as I felt my head against the asphalt ground. “Are you okay?” asked a concerned and husky voice.

I slowly opened my eyes while I clutched my nose—which hurt the worst. Watching Andrew hovering above me and checking me while the cerulean sky laughed down at me, felt so embarrassing I was on the verge of tears. “No,” I whimpered.

“You’re bleeding!” He squatted down and held my hand. “Riley, let me see.”

“Whoa! Is the lady okay?” a gruff voice joined in and when I glanced at its source, I saw the little taxi driver with its beer belly holding down a laugh.

“Son of the Darth Vader!” I cursed, stubbornly holding my nose which felt wet and tacky.

“Get that hand off of your nose, now, Butch!”

Astonished, I let go of the grip and stare at him. He drew out a handkerchief from his breast pocket and gently yet firm, he pressed my throbbing nose with it. “Now raise you head high, looking at the sky while I help you stand up, okay?”

“Okay.”

Stiffly, I tried to manage myself on my feet while I held unto Boba’s shoulders for dear life. “Crap,” he cursed again as he took an intake of air. “Does it hurt?”

I shot him a dirty look and spat, “What the hell do you think—ouch!”

As I press my bare foot against the floor, an excruciating pain shoots through my ankle. “Careful now,” he mumbled soothingly as he guided me inside the cab’s inward.

Sitting in the backseat with my head reclined back while Andrew pressed his hand on my nose, I heard the taxi driver say, “Don’t forget the lady’s shoe.”

I hiss when Andrew shifts himself besides me, “Sorry,” he mumbles. “Hold it now,” he ordered to me before ordering to the taxi driver, “To the nearest hospital.”

“No,” I interjected, “it’s just nosebleed, nothing else. I stopped bleeding anyway. Go to your date with Lora.”

“Damn right I’ll go to my date, but I need to know that you’re okay.”

“I am,” I took the handkerchief off to show him how good I was. “See?”

“Oh,” he hissed, “Put that back on! You look horrible! Fine then…”

“Gee, thanks!” I sarcastically replied as I did what he instructed. “Laugh.”

“Pardon me?” Andrew shifted on his seat as I closed my eyes.

“Laugh… I know you’re dying to laugh,” I sighed.

Not even a minute of respect I earned, because Boba erupted in laughter as soon as he had the permission, and the driver joined him too. He gasped for air as he mimicked my face when I fell down. “I can’t believe you crashed against the cab and fell backwards! It was,” he gasped, “epic!”

“Whoa, lady! You made my day! Cracking me up and all,” added the hysterical driver as he glanced at me through the cab. “Now, seriously,” he turned stern, “where to?”

“Tourllie,” answered Andrew without hesitation as he managed to catch his breath.

My saddened eyes fell to my lap and I saw a few scratches on my knee. I was in pain, but the ache that I felt for Boba was vaster and deeper than the physical pain I was enduring.

And all because of my stupid self

Now the worst pain was about to come, since we were heading to the place where I had my first date… with Andrew. And this time I was going to be a spectator to the cruelest of scenes.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

78.9K 2.2K 43
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
5.5K 1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...
6.3M 229K 21
She didn't fall, she was pushed. Let me explain more, yeah? She was pushed, by her best friends, into a guy- but not just any guy. Cyrus Angelo, the...
Playing His Game Av C

Ungdomsfiksjon

2.7M 72.3K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...